Managing a startup can sometimes feel like a circus.
You have to juggle multiple tasks throughout the day, which include managing your finances, retaining the best staff, and most importantly, securing a loyal customer base. 🤹
And if you really want to get the ball rolling, you’ll have to find a way to attend client meetings and address feedback while nurturing customer relationships!
But how do you manage all these elements while scaling your business?
Simple: by using the right CRM (client relationship management) software.
In this article, we’ll cover what CRM software is, and we’ll highlight the fifteen best CRM for startups that you can use today.
Let’s get started!
What is CRM Software?
A CRM tool helps startup businesses store all their contacts in one place, monitor every step in the sales process, and build long-term relationships with their customers. These days, you can find many free CRM software available on the market.
But what exactly is CRM?
CRM stands for client relationship management.
CRM helps a startup deepen its relationships with customers, partners, and suppliers. This is especially important because, without good stakeholder relationships, it’s almost impossible for a startup to grow. 🌱
In fact, it’s one of the most important tools for startups because it helps them accomplish so much.
Here are some of the features found in CRM software for startups:
- Sales pipeline management
- Dashboards and reports
- Email integration
- Marketing automation
- Lead management
These features ensure that everyone in your startup has access to the most recent customer data. This way, your sales team can provide the best customer experience.
In addition, having the right CRM software can help your team dodge miscommunication issues between your sales and marketing teams, limited data access, and missed opportunities.
And most importantly, you’ll avoid having to juggle between multiple tools!
Could your startup team benefit from a systematic sales approach?
Check out these project management tips for sales teams.
Top 15 CRM for Startups
Here are the fifteen best CRM tools for startups:
In addition, with ClickUp’s Free Forever Plan, your startup can invest the money you would’ve spent on software into your business!
Here’s why ClickUp is the best free CRM for startups:
- Flexible CRM views: visualize your accounts, customer orders, or sales pipeline in a List, Board, Table, and more
- Dashboards: keep an eye on your customer lifetime value, average deal sizes, sales team’s performance, and more
- Custom Statuses: create custom stages that work for your unique sales process
- Custom Fields: add custom detail to your sales workflow to track orders, hot leads, scoring, and more
- Email ClickApp: keep conversations in one place by sending and receiving emails directly from ClickUp tasks
- Form view: quickly gather customer data and automatically create tasks from responses
- Privacy, Guests, and Permissions: control who has access to your Workspace
- Proofing and Annotations: work alongside clients on projects and contracts
- Formula Fields: automatically calculate the cost of a new product order or scoring for a new lead
- Reminders: set reminders so you never forget you’ve got an upcoming client meeting
- Templates: use Templates for CRM, Account Management, Customer Service, and more
- Workflow Automation: let ClickUp automatically apply a new Template, post comments, move statuses, and more so you can focus on the important stuff
- Zoom Integration: start a Zoom meeting with customers right within a ClickUp task
Not sold yet?
Here’s more info on how to use ClickUp as a CRM.
- Powerful free CRM for startups that lets you have unlimited users
- User-friendly interface with online and Offline Mode
- Make sure your team knows which tasks to work on first with task dependencies
- Give clients accurate project time frames with time estimates
- Create onboarding docs, wikis, SOPs, proposals, and more with Docs
- Collaborate with teammates using the Chat view
- Make sure your customer support team tackles tasks in the right order with task priorities
- Manage client deadlines and meetings the way you want to with Google Calendar syncing
- Integrates with every popular Google App, including Google Drive, Hangouts Chats, Google Assistant, and more
- Create tasks, notes, and Docs using our powerful iOS and Android Mobile Apps
- Supports Apple, Windows, and Linux platforms
No Table view in the mobile app (yet).
Take a look at the ClickUp Roadmap to see how we’re fixing such minor drawbacks.
ClickUp offers numerous pricing plans to fit your needs, including:
- Free Forever Plan:
- Unlimited members
- Unlimited tasks
- 100MB storage
- And more
- Unlimited Plan ($5/month per member):
- All “free” features
- Unlimited List, Board, and Calendar Views
- Form view
- Unlimited Dashboards
- Email in ClickUp
- And more
- Business Plan ($9/month per member):
- All unlimited features
- All Dashboard Widgets
- Gantt Charts
- Guest visibility
- Granular time estimates
- And more
ClickUp customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
2. HubSpot CRM
HubSpot CRM is a free CRM for startup companies. It also has many helpful sales tools for startups that help teams manage their pipeline more effectively.
But is this a (Hub)spot-on tool for your startup?
Let’s find out:
- Get detailed insight into your entire sales pipeline with visual dashboards
- Connect with customers with the scheduling tool, live chat, or email
- Manage documents and build a library of helpful content for your entire team
- Integrates with Microsoft Dynamic, Slack, Jira, and more
Hubspot CRM has a free plan, and paid plans start at $50/month for two users.
- G2: 4.3/5 (7,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2,000+ reviews)
3. Agile CRM
Agile CRM is an all-in-one CRM solution with some project management functionality. With Agile CRM, you can assign tasks to team members, track email campaigns, and gamify your sales process. 🎮
Let’s see how Agile CRM can help you step up your sales game:
- Keep track of stages and milestones in your sales deals
- Contact customers by using the one-click calling feature and voicemail automation
- Automate scheduling, invitations, and follow-ups
- Sort tasks based on priority, due date, owner, or status
Agile CRM has a free plan, and paid plans start at $14.99/month.
- G2: 4.1/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (400+ reviews)
Salesforce helps teams manage every stage of the sales cycle. With this CRM platform, you can keep an eye on top-performing team members, create quotes, and more.
Let’s see if this sales CRM will turn your salesforce into a force to be reckoned with:
- Track your team’s performance with dashboards
- A social feed feature where teams can collaborate on client projects
- Automatically assign leads to the right team member
- Gain insights from popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter without leaving the app
Salesforce pricing plans start at $25/user per month.
- G2: 4.2/5 (11,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (15,000+ reviews)
5. Zoho CRM
With Zoho CRM, you can set long-term key performance indicators (KPIs) and monitor sales rep performance via dashboards. This way, you can encourage employees to maintain a long-term customer relationship even when deals have been closed.
- Automate tasks like sending emails to customers, following up with leads, and more
- Create customer portals to keep your customers involved
- Respond to emails from Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook right within the app
- Get an overview of all sales activity with dashboards
Zoho CRM has a free plan, and paid plans start at $20/user per month.
- G2: 4/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (4,000+ reviews)
SugarCRM is a CRM platform with marketing automation, email templates, and AI-driven predictive analytics.
But how sweet is this tool? 🍬
Let’s find out:
- Get an overview of every customer interaction so sales reps know when and how to reach out
- Help customers get the answers they need through the self-service portal
- Identify problem areas before they become issues with case tracking and dashboards
- Create custom landing pages, emails, and conversion forms
SugarCRM has a professional plan that costs $52/user per month.
- G2: 3.7/5 (500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.8/5 (300+ reviews)
Pipedrive is a SaaS CRM tool with a cool feature that lets you know when an existing customer is near you. With this feature, you can “randomly” run into clients and keep those relationships secure. 😉
- Monitor your team progress with visual dashboards and custom reports
- Set individual and team goals to track progress towards them
- View your daily tasks in a calendar view or as a to-do list
- Create email templates or choose from ready-made templates to speed up communication with clients
Pipedrive’s paid plans start at $15/user per month.
- G2: 4.3/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Insightly is a CRM system that aims to align marketing, sales, customer support, and project teams around a single source of customer information.
Let’s see what kind of insights you’ll gain from this CRM app:
- Automatically route leads to the right team member
- Create and send bulk emails right within the app
- Keep track of your sales KPIs and goals with custom dashboards
- Manage your projects on the go with the Android and iOS mobile apps
Insightly has paid plans that start at $29/user per month when billed annually.
- G2: 4.1/5 (500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.9/5 (400+ reviews)
9. Close CRM
Close CRM is a great CRM for startup companies. The app lets you record calls, and you can unsend emails if you’ve made a mistake.
But will this platform help you close more deals?
Let’s find out:
- An inbox feature that shows tasks that are due. Once you complete a task or return a missed call, those tasks are removed from the list
- Schedule emails to be sent out automatically
- Launch and review your Zoom video calls right within the app
- Track your team’s performance with the leaderboard feature
Close CRM has paid plans that start at $29/user per month for 1–3 users.
- G2: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
Bitrix24 is a team collaboration tool with CRM functionality. With a native time tracker, sales automation, and granular permissions, you can manage your sales team efficiently.
This CRM software also has a video calling feature that supports up to 24 participants.
- Identify bottlenecks and sales opportunities with the sales funnel analysis tool
- Use the email and SMS automation to boost sales and improve customer retention
- Schedule and track progress towards sales activities with the Gantt chart view
- Create relationships between sales activities with task dependencies
Bitrix24 has a free plan, and paid plans start at $24/month for two users.
- G2: 4.1/5 (300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (400+ reviews)
11. Less Annoying CRM
Less Annoying CRM takes their name very seriously.
This contact management software was designed specifically for small businesses. The app has a simple pricing model, and you can set up pipelines within minutes.
- See all notes, files, tasks, events, and pipeline information related to a contact in one screen
- Create different custom fields types for your contacts, companies, and pipelines
- Get daily emails summarizing all of your tasks and events for the day
- Lead report feature that shows you the status and priority of a lead
Less Annoying CRM doesn’t have pricing tiers. However, their paid plan starts at $15/user per month.
- G2: 4.9/5 (400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (400+ reviews)
Nextiva brings all communication channels, including voice, video, SMS, chat, and surveys, together in one place.
By combining all these communication channels with your business apps, your sales team can improve customer experience.
- Visually track and manage your entire sales process with a kanban-style board
- Organize and prioritize deals into custom stages in your pipeline
- Automatically send personalized messages to a potential customer
- Integrates with Outlook, Salesforce, G Suite, and more
Nextiva’s pricing plans start at $30.95/user per month for 1–4 users.
- G2: 4.4/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (5+ reviews)
13. Freshworks CRM
Freshworks CRM (formerly Freshsales) aims to break down data silos by combining sales, marketing, and customer support.
This cloud CRM has a cool feature called Freddy AI, which identifies your best leads. 🤖
- Use lead scoring to identify those who are ready to purchase your product or service
- Check out a prospect’s engagement level before you start a conversation with them
- Send bulk, personalized emails to leads to improve customer relationships
- Add tasks, set up meetings, send emails, and make calls from deal cards
Freshworks CRM’s paid plans start at $35/user per month.
- G2: 4.6/5 (800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (400+ reviews)
With Keap, you can automate your sales process, create daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports, and schedule appointments.
But will your startup want to keep this tool on the list once we’re done reviewing it?
Let’s find out:
- Create custom forms and embed them on your website and landing pages
- Send emails, make a call, or send a text from the CRM contact record
- Save time by choosing from pre-written emails
- Automate repetitive tasks with when/then templates
Keap’s paid plans start at $79/month for one user. If you want to add more users, it’ll cost you an additional $30/user.
- G2: 4.1/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (1,000+ reviews)
Salesflare is an intuitive CRM system that startup companies can use to automate their data entry, track and follow up their leads better, and communicate with customers as a team.
How much flare can this software add to your startup’s sales process?
- Salesflare connects to your email’s inbox, calendar and mobile phone to log your emails, meetings and phone calls with customers for you
- It automatically creates contacts for people you’re in touch with and collects info about them from email signatures and publicly available info
- Organize your deals in a visual drag-and-drop pipeline and get automated reminders when to follow up
- Send automated email flows, outreach sequences and email campaigns straight from your CRM
- Track your customers across your emails and website
- Salesflare integrates tightly with Gmail, Office 365, Zapier, and more
Salesflare’s pricing plans start at $29/user per month.
- G2: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
Get Started with the Best CRM Platform
It can be super challenging to keep your startup business afloat when you have to manage a storm of tasks on your own. But remember, startups value knowledge over anything else, and there’s nothing more valuable than customer data.
Luckily, with free CRM tools for startups, you can save time and other resources and manage customer relations with ease. This way, you can shift your focus from admin tasks to expanding your business.
But to ensure that your startup sails smoothly in the long run, you need the best startup CRM tool out there!
Get started with ClickUp for free today to experience the best CRM for startups because:
Questions? Comments? We're here for you 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org!