Looking for the best marketing automation software of 2023?
Marketing automations are powerful tools that can help marketers streamline tasks, boost productivity, generate more leads, nurture leads through the sales funnel, and improve the customer experience.
In this guide, we’ll show you the 10 best marketing automation platforms of 2023, to help improve your efficiency, productivity, and overall sales revenue.
What Should You Look for in Marketing Automation Software?
When it’s time to choose a marketing automation software tool, look for key factors that will impact its effectiveness and usability for your business. Consider its UI, integrations, scalability, features, customization options, pricing structure, and reputation.
- Look for a user-friendly interface: Ensure the marketing automation tool is intuitive, easy to navigate, and doesn’t require a steep learning curve to get started
- Check out its integration capabilities: The marketing automation tool should easily integrate with other key tools and systems your business uses
- Make sure it can grow with you: Choose a marketing automation platform that can scale with your business, both in terms of volume and complexity of your campaigns
- Look for the features that matter most: Identify what features are critical for your business, and find software that can provide them
- Find a pricing plan that works with your budget: Understand the pricing structure, including any hidden costs. Make sure the marketing automation tool offers value for money, and that’s within your budget
- Reputation matters: Read through user reviews and testimonials on credible review sites to gain insights into the marketing automation tool’s reliability, performance, and customer satisfaction
Keep this list handy to help choose the best marketing software and email automation tools for your business! 🏆
The 10 Best Marketing Automation Software to Use in 2023
Here are the top ten best marketing automation software platforms to help you increase efficiency and productivity in 2023.
ClickUp is a comprehensive project management platform equipped with potent marketing automation software and ClickUp Email Project Management automations. It’s ideal for streamlining marketing automation processes and enhancing productivity.
Since ClickUp is a comprehensive project management software, it comes with tools and features that complement marketing automation.
For example, you can add a serious boost to your marketing campaign management with pre-made email marketing campaign templates, including drip campaign templates. Email subject lines and messaging are a breeze, thanks to ClickUp AI.
Plus, the project management tools and templates ensure that you can stay on top of automated marketing projects, even across multiple campaigns and marketing and sales teams.
ClickUp is highly customizable and built to scale as you grow. Users love that ClickUp Automations are super-easy to set up! It’s an excellent choice for any business looking for top-notch marketing automation and email productivity tools within a system that helps marketing teams stay on track.
ClickUp best features
- Extensive customization options to streamline marketing efforts
- Easily automate tasks like email sequences and lead scoring through pre-designed templates, including email automation templates, and an extensive selection of customer behavior triggers and actions
- Compatible with 200+ marketing tools, including Mailchimp, Salesforce, and HubSpot
- Automate marketing task management processes with a comprehensive system
- Some users feel notifications can become too much
- Occasional sluggish performance
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI: Available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,000+ reviews)
ActiveCampaign is a marketing automation solution that offers predictive email scheduling and AI-powered email content generation. It also offers API and Webhooks and can integrate with WooCommerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce.
The platform provides several types of membership, each with its own pricing structure.
Users report that ActiveCampaign provides excellent onboarding support and reliable email automation. But if you’re looking for an inexpensive, simple pricing structure or quick chat support, ActiveCampaign may not be the best choice for marketing teams.
ActiveCampaign best features
- Good onboarding support for marketing automation
- Reliable email automation
- Complex pricing structure
- Long waits for support chat during high-demand times
- Marketing Lite: $29/month per user
- Marketing Plus: $49/month (3 users)
- Marketing Professional: $149/month (5 users)
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ActiveCampaign ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (10,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Adobe Marketo Engage is a large marketing platform that supports marketing automation, account-based marketing, lead management, and email marketing. It provides nearly any kind of marketing or engagement-based automation you can imagine.
Powered by AI, Adobe Marketo Engage can help apply your customer data to segment audiences, personalize web pages, emails, social media, advertising, SMS, and events, and trigger activities in real-time.
Marketo also provides detailed reporting so that businesses can track the analytics of their campaigns and optimize their results.
Marketo users love its marketing automation segmenting and high level of customization options. But, Marketo’s pricing is on the high side and may be cost-prohibitive for some.
Marketo best features
- Great segmenting and reporting for mass email campaigns
- Extensive customization for marketing automation
- Hassle-free lead scoring and lifecycle
- Complex, expensive program that requires dedicated resources to manage and train compared to other marketing automation tools on this list
- May lack overall cohesiveness, which creates difficulty in visualizing the entire customer journey
- Can be sluggish
- Contact Marketo for pricing
Marketo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (2,359+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (667+ reviews)
Marketing automation platform and CRM Stack Brevo (formerly SendInBlue) is an all-in-one platform designed to help businesses grow faster.
Since its rebrand in May of 2023, Brevo wants you to know one thing: It’s for all business sizes.
Besides the email automation it’s so well-known for, its marketing capabilities can also help create and manage landing pages and social media campaigns.
Its marketing automation tools include audience-building segmentation, cross-channel personalization, analytics, triggers, and more.
With its well-stocked API catalog and wide range of customizations, Brevo may be a good choice if you’re looking for a friendly UI for your marketing automation platform. However, with limited integrations and what many claim to be a difficult setup process, Brevo marketing automation platform may not be for everyone.
Brevo best features
- Well-stocked API catalog
- Wide range of marketing automation customizations and features
- User-friendly dashboard and UI
- Limited integrations compared to some competitors
- Some users found the software difficult to set up
- Starter: $25/month per user
- Business: $65/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Brevo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (615+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (1,732+ reviews)
5. Intuit MailChimp
Intuit Mailchimp is an email marketing and automation platform for growing businesses. It helps businesses create and send email newsletters, manage email lists, track email opens and clicks, and measure the results of email campaigns.
Reviewers love MailChimp’s easy-to-build email automation and its outstanding mobile experience. But its team pricing is a bit costly, especially for new or smaller companies on a budget.
Intuit MailChimp best features
- Generous free options
- Landing page creation and lead generation optimization
- Great mobile experience
- Easy-to-build email lists and campaigns
- Social media management tools
- Can be used as a customer relationship management (CRM) software
Intuit MailChimp limitations
- Unclear billing (and the costs can add up)
- Restricted to specific design formats
- Overall somewhat difficult to use
Intuit MailChimp pricing
- Essentials: $13+/month
- Standard: $20+/month
- Premium: $350+/month
Intuit MailChimp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (12,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (16,000+ reviews)
Powered by CRM data, HubSpot Marketing Hub can be used to send email campaigns, track website visitors, and create landing pages.
HubSpot Marketing Automation Software includes features for lead scoring, nurturing, and reporting.
With HubSpot, you can create email templates, track analytics, and A/B test campaigns. Easily prioritize leads based on user behavior, then create workflows that send personalized content to those users based on their interests. Workflow and bot builders help automate all of this work, which leaves you free to take on higher-value tasks.
Hubspot is best for businesses looking to run complete inbound marketing campaigns at scale. It can be expensive and difficult to learn, however, its generous free plans and massive training library help to offset the price and onboarding challenges.
HubSpot best features
- Advanced automation features deliver relevant leads
- All-in-one connectivity
- Excellent reporting and workflow tools to improve marketing automation strategy
- Can be costly
- Limited task automation software
- Can be confusing for inexperienced users
- Starter: $45/month
- Professional: $800/month
- Enterprise: $3,600+/month
HubSpot ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (9,947+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (5,641+ reviews)
Campaigner lets you create powerful automated workflows with an intuitive drag-and-drop builder. Its mission is to help you engage and nurture customers with relevant messaging by email and SMS marketing.
Campaigner customers rave about its beautiful design and intuitive UI.
If you’ve become frustrated with the learning curve on other email automation software, you might want to give Campaigner a try! However, several reviewers say the program is sometimes glitchy and template customizations and scheduling features feel limiting.
Campaigner best features
- Reusable content blocks and a drag-and-drop visual builder make it easy to set up email campaigns
- Create dynamic content and personalize your marketing efforts with advanced audience segmentation and purchase behavior triggers
- Great reporting process complete with deep analytics
- Limited customizations on templates
- Limited scheduling features
- Sometimes glitchy
- Starter: $59/month
- Essential: $179/month
- Advanced: $649/month
- eCommerce: $79.95/month
Campaigner ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (5+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.9/5 (427+ reviews)
Whether you’re marketing e-commerce products or services and experiences, Drip aims to deliver “super-personalized” automated marketing.
Known for its hyper-segmented emails, customizable templates, and prebuilt workflows, Drip helps you personalize conversations and develop ongoing relationships.
Drip leans toward ecommerce marketing, but also provides a separate Services and Experiences program suited for B2B companies.
Services and Experiences delivers data-driven segmentation, workflows, and strategies, with multichannel automation. Meanwhile, Drip for e-commerce products offers deep segmentation and multichannel automated marketing.
Reviewers like Drip’s user-friendly design and easy marketing automation. However, many report frustrations with occasional glitches and bugs.
Drip best features
- Highly intuitive, user-friendly interface
- Excellent email design experience
- Easy automation
- Occasional glitches
- Sometimes unreliable
- Increasing costs
- 2,500 contacts: $39/month
- 5,000 contacts: $89/month
- 50,000 contacts: $699/month
- 150,000 contacts: $1,699/month
- 190,000 + contacts: Contact for pricing
Drip ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (453+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (178+ reviews)
Email marketing platform GetResponse provides an affordable way to send emails and automate communications.
GetResponse enables users to create marketing lists of prospects, partners, and clients, and build responsive customer relationships.
The email automation software also offers automation for email marketing, lead management, and reporting and analytics.
Its tools include landing pages, forms, A/B testing, dynamic content, event triggers, lead scoring, and much more! It also offers helpful features such as unlimited tagging, engagement score monitoring, and action point assignments.
Users love that GetResponse helps them leverage advanced marketing automation in a way that’s simple and doesn’t require extensive training.
However, the program has some constraints, such as limited email templates and a lack of key integrations (like Google Adsense) that may make it a no-go for some companies.
GetResponse best features
- Large library of customizable templates
- Easy-to-use marketing automation tools, great for beginners
- Numerous automation features
- May be costly for a small business on a budget
- Somewhat limited in customization capabilities
- Lacking a functional WordPress plugin
- Email marketing: $19/month and up
- Marketing Automation: $59/month and up
- Ecommerce Marketing: $119/month and up
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
GetResponse ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (887+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (461+ reviews)
EngageBay marketing automation solutions help you automate email campaigns, workflows, and lead generation and nurturing. It also offers CRM & Sales Bay and Service Bay software you can combine into its All-in-One program.
EngageBay offers a friendly environment and is best for small-to-medium-sized businesses wanting to scale up without needing to change tools.
Reviewers say that using EngageBay marketing automation capabilities is a great way to get HubSpot-level tools and features at a price that small businesses and entrepreneurs can afford.
EngageBay best features
- Unlimited contacts and up to 50,000 emails/month
- Great customer support
- Affordable pricing
- Occasional difficult setups
- Limited mobile functions
- Basic: $11.04/month per user
- Growth: $43.49/month per user
- Pro: $67.99/month per user
EngageBay ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (198+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (514+ reviews)
Leverage ClickUp’s Automation Features for Marketing Campaigns
Marketing comes with a lot of moving parts, and it can be a challenge to juggle more people, brand assets, and campaigns, especially as you automate and begin to grow faster.
That’s why this might be a good time to look into marketing resource management software, to help you stay on top of it all so you can scale more quickly.
Learning how to work faster, without compromising quality will also contribute to accelerated growth for your company. Work the best email marketing automation into your marketing strategy to boost your sales and marketing automation efforts.
One of the standout platforms is ClickUp, which offers comprehensive automated tools, campaign management tools, a robust task management system, pre-designed templates, native AI capabilities, real-time collaboration, and much more.
You can’t stop time from ticking, but you can use it more wisely with a good marketing automation platform. Start automating your marketing with ClickUp today!