Looking for efficient time management tools?
Imagine not being in control of your time 😖
Walking your dog at midnight, having breakfast at 5 PM, cooking while attending a conference call…
Two words: utter chaos.
The only thing you achieve from bad time management is a lack of productivity, motivation, and calmness.
But don’t worry.
You can easily dodge these horrific scenarios. Just use a powerful time management tool.
And luckily, there are tons of these!
In this article, we’ll highlight the five best time management tools that fit your needs like a glove (or a really good watch 🤭).
It’s high time you get your time management sorted out.
What To Look For In Time Management Tools?
You know what they say about time; it stops for no one!
So how can you make the most of what you have?
Simple. Let time management tools free up your schedule.
Using time management tools is probably the easiest time management strategy you can employ.
Here’s what you should look for in time management tools:
- User interface: it should be intuitive and straightforward to minimize the time wasted in coming to grips with the tool
- Comprehensiveness: is the tool an all-in-one solution for time management or will you end up hoarding a bunch of apps for other features? You don’t want to waste time when switching between them, right?
- Customizability: make sure it offers customization options to make it truly yours
Now let’s move on to the burning question:
How do time management tools help?
Let’s start with the biggest advantage:
You won’t ever have to work after work hours!
You can leave work like it’s Friday, every day 🍸
But that isn’t all.
Time management tools also help you:
- Prioritize important tasks and meetings
- Better coordinate with your team
- Reflect on areas of improvement
- Become productive
- Simplify office administration and management
Note: Tools aren’t the only thing you need for efficient time management. Check out 10 time management tips that can help you right away!
Top 5 Time Management Tools
Here are the top five time management tools to start managing time ASAP.
ClickUp is the world’s highest-rated project management software used by 200,000+ highly-productive teams in companies like Nike, Google, and Uber.
Whether you’re a business owner, project manager, or even a freelancer, ClickUp is your go-to time management, task management, and project management tool, all-in-one.
So we guess…
ClickUp key features
Here are some features that you’ll fall in love with.
A. Plan and schedule with Calendar view
If there is one place that lets you schedule, plan, and manage your time and resources, it’s ClickUp’s Calendar view.
Keep track of all the different tasks and quickly adjust their dates with the simple drag and drop interface.
B. Improve productivity with Time Tracking
With ClickUp’s native Time Tracking, you can analyze the time spent on each specific task you complete.
And if you thought that was impressive, here’s one more cool thing:
ClickUp supports global time tracking. This way, if you’re tracking the time you spend on a task on your desktop but take a break, you can pick up exactly where you left off on your mobile or tablet!
You can even add manual time entries to always remember how much time a task took, even if you weren’t actively running the timer.
The daily logs also double up as excellent motivators to push your productivity limits. Employee of the year, here we come.🏆
Already have a favorite time tracking tool?
C. Never forget things with Reminders
Ever walked into a meeting just to discover that it’s already over? Happens to the best of us.
But it doesn’t have to keep happening.
Try ClickUp’s Reminders.
Create simple reminders and even add attachments to them to ensure you’re always on top of what you have coming up.
What kinds of Reminders?
You can create:
- Personal reminders that are just for you
- Delegate reminders to others
- Set Recurring Reminders
D. Track all your assignments in one place with Inbox
With Inbox, you gain a whole mission control center for Tasks and Reminders. This way, you’ll never forget anything important that’s assigned to you.
E. Plan the next steps with Priorities
Time management 101 is to P-R-I-O-R-I-T-I-Z-E.
With ClickUp’s Priorities, you can prioritize tasks depending on their urgency and importance. So if you have urgent tasks to complete, just mark them urgent!
F. Set expectations with Time Estimates
There’s nothing worse than being left in the dark about how much time you need to devote to a task, right?
ClickUp helps you avoid this by setting Time Estimates that predict how long each task may take to keep project timelines clear as day.
G. Keep up with everything with Time Reporting
What use is tracking all this time, if there’s no way to keep stock of it all, right?
That’s why ClickUp lets you generate detailed Time Reports for your Dashboard that break down all your time entries and estimates.
Taking stock of how your time was spent has never been easier!
- Create your own mission control center with Dashboards
- Quickly find tasks with advanced Filters, Search and Sorting
- Drag and drop functionality for quick and easy adjustments
- Great project and task manager
- Highly customizable to fit all team sizes and needs
- Speed up task building with Templates
- Automate repetitive actions with Automations to save time
- Add Chat view for instant conversations alongside your work
- Can handle multiple projects
- Assign tasks to various people using Multiple Assignees
- Create instant action items from comments using Assigned Comments
- Real-time editing and Collaboration Detection
- Offline Mode available
- Powerful free version
- Mobile device apps available for both Android and iOS
- Can’t export Dashboards
Our team works almost 24 hours to ensure that your suggestions are always addressed and your issues are resolved.
Check out our development roadmap to see what’s in store.
ClickUp offers three pricing options:
- Forever Free: includes unlimited tasks and users, and 100MB storage
- Unlimited ($5/user per month): includes unlimited integrations, Lists, Dashboards, and storage
- Business ($9/user per month): includes all Dashboard Widgets, Custom Exporting, and advanced Time Tracking
ClickUp user ratings
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
ProofHub is one of the many efficient project management tools available in the market. It’s a great tool till you realize…
They don’t have time estimates.
*Time management has left the chat*
ProofHub key features
- Custom time reports for projects and people
- Multiple timesheets for recording time usage data
- Proofing tool for quick feedback
- Built-in chat for instant responses
- Project templates for saving time
- Both iOS and Android apps available
- Clunky user interface
- Not suited to larger teams
- Can’t create tasks from notes
ProofHub has two pricing options:
- Essential ($45 per month): includes features like announcements, time tracking, and calendar
- Unlimited Control ($89 per month): includes features like custom roles, priority support, and data export
ProofHub user ratings
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (40+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (35+ reviews)
Evernote is like a digital notebook for productivity. Whether you want to take quick notes, record meetings, or note down your daily tasks, you can do it all on Evernote.
But what if your work isn’t just about notes and documents?
Let’s find out if it’s suitable for you.
Need more details? Take a quick look at our comprehensive Evernote Review.
Evernote key features
- Numerous note templates to help you get started quickly
- Web clipper to capture important information on websites
- Tagging and Notebooks for easy note categorization
- Lets you record meeting audios offline
- You can search for texts in PDFs, presentations, and scanned documents instantly
- Mobile apps available for both Android and iOS
- Free plan is very limited in functionality
- No built-in time tracker
- Can’t really use it as a time-saving project management tool
ClickUp offers three pricing options:
- Basic plan (Free): includes search and tags, syncing up to two devices, and rich notes formatting
- Premium plan ($7.99 per month): includes offline notes access, unlimited device syncing, and custom templates
- Business plan ($14.99/user per month): includes team activity history, single sign-on, and shared spaces
Evernote user ratings
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (6600+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (1800+ reviews)
4. Toggl Track
Toggl Track is a super simple and efficient time tracking app.
However, beyond time tracking, there isn’t much they offer.
At best, it’s a lightweight project planner. Without a notepad or a recurring tasks feature.
Toggl Track key features
- Multiple time tracking modes including auto-tracker, one-click timers, and background tracking
- Project estimates and alerts
- Project dashboards for tracking progress
Toggl Track pros
- Intuitive user interface
- Pomodoro mode available
- Mobile app for Android and iOS available
Toggl Track cons
- Doesn’t offer a lot of detailed reports
- Expensive paid plans (especially for large teams)
- Can’t create invoices
Toggl Track pricing
Toggl Track offers three pricing options:
- Free (up to 5 users): includes features like auto-tracker, idle detection, and Pomodoro timer
- Starter ($9/user per month): includes features like billable rates, time rounding, and calendar integration
- Premium ($18/user per month): includes features like time tracking reminders, insights, and admin dashboard
Toggl Track user ratings
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1200+ reviews)
- G2: 4.5/5 (1200+ reviews)
5. Focus booster
Focus booster is a productivity app that functions as a simple Pomodoro timer.
But that’s about it.
If you’re looking for more from this productivity and time management app, the list is really short.
As a result, you may have to look elsewhere for additional time management help like using it alongside a calendar app or some kind of project management tool.
Focus booster key features
- Generates instant automatic timesheets based on your recorded sessions
- Productivity dashboards for visualizing progress
- Mini timer to easily know your next work break
Focus booster pros
- Helps overcome distractions to achieve flow
- Lets you customize work session lengths to suit individual workflows
- Offers revenue management based on time spent
Focus booster cons
- Expensive for just a Pomodoro app
- No task management functionalities
- Mobile apps are not available
Focus booster pricing
Focus booster offers three pricing options:
- Starter (30-day free trial): includes features like 20 Pomodoro sessions, labels, and daily accomplishments
- Individual ($2.99 per month): includes features like 200 Pomodoro sessions, regular breaks for health improvement, and data sharing via .csv export
- Professional ($4.99 per month): includes features like unlimited Pomodoro sessions, client & revenue management, productivity dashboard
Focus booster user ratings
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
It’s Your Time To Shine 💥
Time management tools make your life easier and more organized.
When you leave work with all tasks from your task list completed and the weekly schedule in hand, you have more time for yourself.
And all you need to this is a practical and handy time management tool.
And while all the tools we covered here have something to offer, ClickUp is one of those free time management tools that can really help you manage your time better.
So what do you say?
Get ClickUp for free today because it’s time for you to stop fearing the clock, and start making the most of it! 🕓
Erica is ClickUp’s Senior Content Manager and professional beach bum. She spends her days creating emails, blogs, landing pages, and more to help people increase their productivity so they can save one day every week to do more of what they love.