In today’s fast-paced work environment, effective collaboration and communication are critical to the success of any team or organization. With the rise of remote work and distributed teams, keeping track of schedules and deadlines is a real challenge. 🕕
Shared calendar apps remove the heavy lifting of coordinating schedules for large or cross-functional teams. Instead of directly messaging each group member to check availability across time zones, teams can log in to the shared calendar, view one another’s availability, and book available blocks without causing interruptions.
In this guide, we’ll cover the top shared calendar apps on the market and must-have features to increase team productivity!
What Should You Look for in a Shared Calendar App?
Despite our best intentions, seemingly small tasks can still slip through the cracks, leaving us feeling overwhelmed. But with shared calendar apps, teams can see what others are working on, what meetings are scheduled, and what deadlines are approaching. ⏳
Here are six key features in a shared calendar app to consider:
- Project management tools to integrate easily with email systems, tasks lists, and team workflows
- Invitations and permissions functionality to customize access and permission levels based on roles and responsibilities
- Recurring event setup to organize meetings, deadlines, and other repeatable dates
- Notifications to send timely alerts when deadlines are near or when events are updated
- Multiple calendar views such as day, week, month, and agenda for personalization
- Real-time analytics to learn about team member performance and productivity related to the calendar events
Learn how to make a project management calendar!
The 10 Best Shared Calendar Apps
ClickUp is an all-in-one productivity platform with 15 customizable ways, including a Calendar view, to keep teams on the same page. With just a few clicks, you can view your meetings, tasks, and activities by day, week, or month for a detailed or high-level overview of your team’s work.
Take it a step further by customizing your personal or team Calendar views!
- Enable Me Mode to show the comments, subtasks, and checklist items assigned to you for quick action
- Create Filters to reveal tasks that meet your specified criteria
- Change task card settings to show assignees, priority, time tracked, and more
This level of organization makes it easier for teams to reduce clutter while planning out their day, week, or month in advance!
ClickUp best features
- Over 1,000 integrations with other work tools, including Zoom, Slack, Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and more
- Detailed Start Dates, Due Dates, and Exact Times for accuracy when scheduling deadlines and Milestones
- Color-coded tasks to organize your schedule by project, priority, and more
- Filters to view task assignees, priorities, subtasks, and time your way
- Multiple assignees on tasks for total transparency into all progress
- Tons of visual collaboration features available on every pricing plan
- Custom task statuses for instant progress updates at a glance
- Pre-built calendar templates for managing content, scheduling events, and more
- So many powerful collaboration tools can pose a learning curve for some users
- Not all views are available in the mobile app—yet
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (6,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,500+ reviews)
2. Google Calendar
The Google Calendar app is a free online scheduling tool. With the ability to create multiple calendars for different use cases, teams can easily keep track of important events, meetings, and deadlines.
Google Calendar’s Rooms feature lets teams quickly and easily book conference rooms and other shared spaces for productive meetings and group activities. In addition to reserving physical resources like conference rooms and seating, Google Calendar provides an up-to-date view of which team members have schedule conflicts and allow you to access virtual meeting spaces within the app.
Google Calendar best features
- World Clock to find availability for team members in different time zones
- Appointment slots under Office Hours to mark availability
- Day, Week, Month, Year, Schedule, or 4 days view
- Advanced Search to find contacts and events
- Meeting Rooms for specific events
Google Calendar limitations
- Viewing tasks and other items can be difficult with a somewhat disorganized interface
- Some features, such as the schedule view, are somewhat hidden
Google Calendar pricing
- Google Calendar is free to use with a Gmail account
Google Calendar ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Calendly is a scheduling and appointment platform designed to help teams streamline the process of organizing meetings. With Calendly, users can quickly create calendars with their own availability preferences and access integrated features such as automated reminders and meeting confirmations. This helps minimize back-and-forth emails and time-consuming scheduling calls. Calendly also offers a number of customization options so users can tailor their calendars to their unique needs and preferences.
Its intuitive drag-and-drop user interface makes setting up events for multiple people easy and straightforward. Plus, Calendly offers multiple calendar views, including daily and weekly plans, to make it easy for users to organize their schedules!
Calendly best features
- Multi-Step interviews to customize recruiting workflows based on interview types, the desired order of interviewees, and breaks
- Integrations to connect Calendly to other platforms and tools along with your existing workflows
- Admin management in a centralized view to streamline processes
- User profile customization and branding capabilities
- In-depth reporting to view metrics
- Settings are hidden in subsections, making them difficult to navigate
- Basic version is limited
- Basic Plan: Free to every user
- Essentials: $8 per seat per month
- Professional: $12 per seat per month
- Teams: $16 per seat per month
- Enterprise: Contact Calendly for details
Calendly ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1,900+ reviews)
Microsoft Outlook’s calendar feature helps teams create meetings by providing a central location to view the availability of team members, the ability to quickly schedule new meetings, and the ability to track events easily.
Outlook also offers tools for tracking tasks and managing contacts. It provides users with powerful reporting capabilities, such as generating reports on tasks and activities across multiple teams.
Outlook conveniently integrates with other Office applications, like Word and Teams, making it an ideal choice for those who want to streamline their day-to-day workflows in Microsoft’s ecosystem.
Outlook best features
- Group schedules to view specific departments or conference rooms within the organization
- All-in-one dashboard to schedule meetings, view contacts and set appointments
- Calendar share button to forward entire calendars to teams
- Overlay views to see easily identify schedule conflicts
- Email scheduling to send emails at specific times
- Certain features may require the integration of an Exchange server
- An online connection is required for the free version
- Microsoft Outlook Calendar is free with a Microsoft account
Outlook ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
Asana is a project management software offering a range of features designed to help teams stay organized and productive. The calendar view’s monthly and weekly formats offer a streamlined overview of important meetings and appointments, so teams can preview every important event.
Its customizable features let users filter the view by team member, project, or task status, providing a convenient way to prioritize tasks. Asana’s meeting management capabilities make it easier for teams to collaborate and keep everyone in sync.
This allows for seamless communication among team members so everyone knows what’s expected of them.
Asana best features
- Integrations: You can connect Asana to many solutions, including Outlook, Google Calendar, iCal, and more
- Advanced search to see all work and deadlines assigned based on tasks or contacts
- Drag-and-drop functionality to easily update due dates for each task
- Calendar and list views to organize tasks according to the due date
- 7-Day Calendar view to organize tasks throughout each week
- Not ideal for complex projects with multiple workflows (find a flexible solution with Asana alternatives)
- Asana is pricier than other calendar options, and many advanced features are available for free with other platforms
- Basic: Free version
- Premium: $10.99 per user per month, billed annually
- Business: $24.99 per user per month, billed annually
- Enterprise: Contact Asana for pricing
Asana ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (9,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (11,900+ reviews)
6. Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is a project management software that combines the features of scheduling and task tracking with an intuitive user interface to help teams stay organized. With its calendar feature, users can set deadlines, track progress, and monitor their team’s progress all in one view.
With time-tracking built in, users have the ability to measure how long tasks are taking and adjust their plans accordingly. The calendar system lets teams optimize workflow by analyzing past performance and making quick changes to meet deadlines without sacrificing other tasks.
Plus, team members can easily collaborate with each other, setting milestones and sharing their progress with the team!
Toggl Plan best features
- File attachments, feedback, and checklists in a single location for efficient collaboration
- Month, quarter, or year views to manage team workloads
- Drag-and-drop scheduling on existing calendars
- Calendar overview to easily schedule meetings
- Flexible tasks to add as much or as little detail
Toggl Plan limitations
- Accessing all features on the app can be more challenging than the web version
- No task dependencies (check out Toggl alternatives)
Toggl Plan pricing
- Team: $8 per user per month
- Business: $13.35 per user per month
Toggl Plan ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (100+ reviews)
Clockwise is a shared calendar app designed to help teams stay focused and productive. One of its key features is its ability to create blocks of uninterrupted Focus Time across calendars. Focus Time provides everyone the time and space to work on individual tasks.
With Clockwise, you can easily coordinate with your team members and schedule uninterrupted blocks of time for focused work. This makes staying productive and avoiding distractions easy, even when working on a collaborative project.
Clockwise best features
- Team bandwidth monitoring to identify issues around focus times and availability
- Integrations to connect with other productivity tools, such as Slack and Zoom
- Personal Assistant features to manage time with lunch holds and travel time
- AI Scheduling to help move meetings to the most efficient times
- Focus Time to minimize distractions for better productivity
- Simplistic design prevents more advanced use cases
- Features are limited on the free version
- Free version
- Teams: $6.75 per user per month
- Business: $11.50 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact Clockwise for details
Clockwise ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (5+ reviews)
Any.do is a to-do list app for users to organize personal tasks and team projects. It facilitates collaboration on daily work processes, making progress tracking easier.
Its calendar feature helps teams schedule events throughout the day, week, or month. This feature simplifies managing everyone’s calendar so important project milestones and meetings are not overlooked.
The Any.do platform can be synced with other project management tools to make sharing calendars and managing work even more useful.
Any.do best features
- Integrations with other calendars such as iCloud Calendar, Google Calendar app, and Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Event Management to combine business meetings and social events in a single calendar app
- Homescreen Widget to organize all to-do lists and calendar events on mobile devices
- Customized workflows to manage daily planners and get everyone on the same page
- Reminders for every event in the calendar and to-do list
- Lacks task management capabilities compared to other shared calendar apps
- Separate task boards are required for subtasks
- Free version
- Premium: $3 per user per month
- Teams: $5 per user per month
Any.do ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (190+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (130+ reviews)
TeamUp is a shared calendar app that combines calendars from multiple sources and apps to provide teams with a consolidated view of everyone’s schedules. With its filterable and sortable custom fields, TeamUp helps users organize multidimensional information, making it easier to manage tasks and events.
The tool offers 11 different calendar views, including a year and table views. Whether they are looking to plan out the coming months, organize upcoming tasks, or simply glance at the bigger picture, teams can visualize their schedules in different ways!
TeamUp best features
- Custom fields to organize information in multiple categories, such as choices, text, and numbers
- Share Links to send calendar links for anyone to view, including non-users
- Color-coded sub-calendars to manage all events and tasks in folders
- 11 calendar views, including Year and Table views
- Access permission levels to share calendars
- The calendar views in the mobile apps are limited to list, day, week, and month
- Requires integrations with a project management app to optimize usage
- Free plan
- Plus: $10 per month per calendar
- Pro: $25 per month per calendar
- Business: $60 per month per calendar
TeamUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (140+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (40+ reviews)
10. Apple Calendar
Apple Calendar is a digital calendar app with a clean, modern design that easily keeps track of your appointments and events. You can set up alerts and share your calendars and events with friends, family members, and teams.
Events can be color-coded based on any category you choose to quickly view your schedule at a glance. With Apple Calendar, you can sync your calendars from other services like Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook, making it easier to stay organized!
Apple Calendar best features
- Multiple accounts under one calendar view to manage all events and appointments
- Reminders and notifications to notify when to leave for events
- Apple Maps connection to view physical location addresses
- Color coding to visualize the type of event at a glance
- FaceTime video call option for any event
Apple Calendar limitations
- Lacks customization and integration options to manage complex projects or group schedules
- Team members without an Apple device cannot use the iCloud calendar
Apple Calendar pricing
- Apple Calendar is free on Apple devices
Apple Calendar ratings and reviews
- G2: 4/5 (160+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Shared Calendars in ClickUp: The Key to Efficient Time Management
Take control of your team’s coordination and productivity with ClickUp! Our shared calendars provide everyone on the team with a clear view of upcoming tasks, keeping communication channels open and avoiding any wasted time due to miscommunications. 💬
With visual tools that keep everything in order, you can keep your team informed with real-time updates and better manage their workloads so everyone is on the same page. Try ClickUp for free today!
Questions? Comments? Visit our Help Center for support.