No matter your industry, efficient project management is key to the success of your company. 🔑
Streamlining project management maintains communication, improves profitability, prevents duplicate work, and delivers projects on time and on budget. If you’re looking for a project management system to replace ActiveCollab, keep reading.
We’ve got the best ActiveCollab alternatives to keep your team on task.
What Is an ActiveCollab Alternative?
ActiveCollab is a platform for teams to organize internal and client-facing projects. So alternatives to ActiveCollab are project management software that companies use to run more efficiently. 🤩
The best ActiveCollab alternatives assign tasks and subtasks, set deadlines, boost team communication, set priorities, and automate repetitive tasks. Put simply, project management platforms help keep tasks organized, getting things done on time and on (or under) budget. ⏰
What Should You Look for in an ActiveCollab Alternative?
Looking for a new project management system? While your specific needs will vary depending on your industry, clients, and competitive edge, the best ActiveCollab alternatives come with these features:
- Streamlined project management: All project management tools should provide key features to easily assign tasks and subtasks, set deadlines, run time-tracking, and see all projects in 360 degrees
- Customized views: Different colleagues absorb information in different ways, so the best project management tools allow team members to see priorities from list, calendar, timeline, and card views
- Workflow automations: Effective project managers have a streamlined process from beginning to end, so a tool that allows you to build automated workflows will get your projects done efficiently
- Native integrations: Effective project management shouldn’t be siloed. Search for a platform that offers built-in automations for time tracking, invoicing, instant messaging, or other platforms
- Custom permission sets: Keep your projects running smoothly by ensuring that team members have the access they need. Look for a platform that allows you to set unique roles and permission levels for various tasks and projects or to manage client projects
The 10 Best ActiveCollab Alternatives to Use in 2023
Find a new platform to streamline project management at your company on our list of the top 10 ActiveCollab alternatives, so your team gets more done in less time.
ClickUp project management is the easy-to-use platform allowing you to plan, track, and collaborate on any project. Jump-start any project with ClickUp Whiteboards and turn brainstorms into tangible actions.
Move projects along with ClickUp Docs for collaborating on, adding comments to, and assigning tasks within a single document.
Best of all, project managers can integrate ClickUp with other platforms to get more done in less time. 👏
ClickUp best features
- Create outlines, write documents, or summarize meeting notes with ClickUp AI
- Create a project workflow in 15+ customizable views to manage projects
- Choose from 35+ ClickApps to customize your project management settings
- Assign tasks, add comments, or share attachments on ClickUp Docs or Whiteboards
- Prevent drops in communication by adding comment threads to any task
- Build a Mind Map to get a visual outline of any project
- Create timelines starting from a library of project management templates and use these views for tracking progress across multiple projects
- Some key features are not available on the mobile app
- The platform might be overwhelming for new users of project management software
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,000+ reviews)
Asana is an all-in-one project management platform and ActiveCollab alternative allowing marketing, IT, operations, and other departments to work more efficiently. With Asana, teams collaborate on cross-functional team campaigns, assign tasks and subtasks, and keep communication open by commenting on ongoing projects.
Plus, customizable views give project organizers and team members a 360-degree overview of each milestone.
Asana best features
- Create custom fields to sort, filter, and report on each task
- Organize projects as lists, calendars, timelines, Gantt charts, or Kanban boards
- See all your priorities in one place in the “My tasks” dashboard
- Get updates on each task or project in your Asana inbox
- Advanced features like custom fields, portfolios, and timeline views are only available on paid plans
- The vast amount of key features and notifications is overwhelming for some users
- Basic: $0
- Premium: $10.99/month per user
- Business: $24.99/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Asana ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (9,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (12,000+ reviews)
Wrike is a project management software designed for efficient team collaboration. With Wrike, teams customize workflows, views, and workspaces for every project. Plus, team members save time by automating approval processes, request forms, and blueprints with the collaboration tool.
Its key features offer time tracking, task management, and project progress tracking for managing projects across various teams.
Wrike best features
- Create an unlimited number of folders, projects, tasks, and subtasks
- Leverage AI to turn work notes into subtasks for your project
- Build dynamic intake forms for your customers
- Get up and running faster with a library of pre-built project management templates
- The onboarding process might be difficult for new users to a project management tool
- Some more advanced features are only available in the higher-priced plans
- Free plan: $0
- Team: $9.80/month per user
- Business: $24.80/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- Pinnacle: Contact for pricing
Wrike ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (3,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Monday is an ActiveCollab alternative that uses a variety of project management strategies to streamline work and boost productivity. Use Monday with your team to set goals and objectives, build custom workflows, and get more time through automations.
Plus, Monday comes with a built-in CRM system, so you’ll keep your marketing, sales, and project management teams aligned at all times. It also offers time-tracking tools, task management, and other key features idea for the entire business or specific groups like agile teams.
Monday best features
- Select how you visualize projects through 10+ custom views
- Gain a deeper understanding of your projects with 30+ widgets on your dashboard
- Set up workflows faster through no-code building blocks
- Streamline your projects through 200+ integrations
- The learning curve may be time-consuming compared to some project management software
- The dashboard has limited customizations
- Free: $0
- Basic: $8/month per user
- Standard: $10/month per user
- Pro: $16/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Monday ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (4,000+ reviews)
Basecamp is a project management and team collaboration tool built for startups and small businesses. With Basecamp, collaborators pitch ideas on the messaging board, share spreadsheets and files, and chat with other team members.
Plus, automatic check-in posts keep projects on track across the entire business. The collaboration tool offers robust task management features to manage projects’ progress.
Basecamp best features
- Use the Card Table to establish a workflow and move cards across columns
- Build custom productivity reports to keep your team on track
- Streamline task management by assigning tasks, setting due dates, and chatting with colleagues
- Get a high-level overview on all projects through The Lineup view
- There is no built-in time tracker
- There are limited options for automations and workflows
- Free trial: 30 days
- Basecamp: $15/month per user
- Basecamp Pro Unlimited: $299/month for unlimited users
Basecamp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (5,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (14,000+ reviews)
Teamwork is the cloud-based ActiveCollab alternative built exclusively for client service businesses. Use Teamwork to balance your team capacity, organize client assets and timelines, and set team priorities. Plus, improve project profitability by tracking billable hours and monitoring project performance.
Teamwork best features
- Understand where team members’ time goes through the time-tracking tool
- Get full visibility of your team’s bandwidth through the Workload view
- Use the portfolio feature to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Streamline client invoicing by tracking billable hours for ultimate project collaboration
- There are few native API integrations—most need to be run through Zapier
- The initial setup process may be time-consuming compared to other project management software
- Free: $0
- Starter: $5.99/month per user
- Deliver: $9.99/month per user
- Grow: $19.99/month per user
- Scale: Contact for pricing
Teamwork ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (800+ reviews)
Trello is a web-based project management tool known for its simple user interface. Trello boards keep projects organized and allow project managers to add tasks through lists and cards. Plus, Trello comes with its own template library and plugin marketplace to customize the platform to fit your needs.
If you’re looking to add a time-tracking feature to better manage projects, you’ll have to get the Time Tracking & Reporting power-up to do so.
Trello best features
- Use automations to set rules, create buttons, or build commands
- Use Trello plugins to link to other tools like Jira, Slack, Google Drive, and InVision
- Dive deeper into projects with Table, Board, Timeline, Calendar, and Map views
- Stay on-task on-the-go with Trello iOS and Android mobile apps
- Many features and integrations are not available in the free version
- Projects don’t have as many custom views as other platforms
- Free: $0
- Standard: $5/month per user
- Premium: $10/month per user
- Enterprise: $17.50/month per user
Trello ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (13,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (22,000+ reviews)
ProofHub is the work management platform keeping teams organized. ProofHub fosters real-time collaboration through custom views, automated workflows, and file sharing. Plus, this ActiveCollab alternative prevents miscommunication while project planning with its multilingual features, daily agendas, file sharing, and threaded discussions.
ProofHub best features
- Reach your communication goals through the one-on-one and group chat features
- Use markup tools to review, collaborate, and proof documents
- Designate custom roles and permission sets for projects
- Measure your entire team’s progress through built-in reports
- It may be difficult to manage notifications
- There is no built-in budgeting or invoicing functionality
- Essential: $45/month
- Ultimate Control: $89/month
ProofHub ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (83 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (89 reviews)
If you work in customer service, you know how difficult it is to keep support requests organized. SupportBee is a project management system built specifically for support tickets. With SupportBee, teams get a shared inbox, customer portal, and knowledge based software to help answer (and address!) customer concerns.
SupportBee best features
- Access knowledge-based software development to build your own FAQ site, ebooks, help section, and more
- Categorize support tickets as answered, unanswered, and archived in your shared inbox
- Start comments or discussions between colleagues for tricky support requests
- Build a custom portal so clients get a high-level overview of their support requests
- The platform is built specifically for support tickets and may lack features expected in other project management collaboration platforms
- The platform isn’t as heavily reviewed as other project management providers
- Startup: $13/month per user
- Enterprise: $17/month per user
SupportBee ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (5 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (29 reviews)
Huddle is a secure SaaS document sharing solution built for regulated industries. Share sensitive information, review documents, and build client portals. Plus, Huddle’s open-source API integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Windows 365, SharePoint, Google Workspace, and other platforms to better serve your clients.
Huddle best features
- Share data securely with colleagues through compliant APIs
- Streamline teamwork through secure document sharing
- Build an e-learning platform that meets government regulations
- Foster trust with clients through internal and external audits
- Managing notifications may be challenging
- Some beginners find the user interface confusing
- Contact for pricing
Huddle ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (64 reviews)
Streamline Project Management With ClickUp
The right ActiveCollab alternatives foster communication amongst colleagues and make it easy to assign deadlines and tasks and automate repetitive tasks. That’s why ClickUp is the ideal choice to streamline project management at your company.
ClickUp is the all-in-one platform that comes complete with collaborative Docs and Whiteboards, countless integrations, workflow automations, helpful AI tools, and a library of templates to get the ball rolling on your projects.
To help your project managers work smarter, not harder, try ClickUp today. 🙌