Whether you learned about monday.com from a podcast, a YouTube ad, or a quick Google search, you still have questions.
Sure, Monday has the basic project management functions to get things done, but something inside is making you second guess.
You want to trust that this project software will stick around for the long game to help you be proactive versus reactive in your day-to-day duties…but is this app the answer?
If you are:
- A solopreneur seeking a low-maintenance task management tool
- A project manager looking for a group-based project management tool
- A person involuntarily nominated to select the team’s robust project management software…
…you need a project management tool built to fit your exact needs—and it’s not always Monday.
Here’s what you need to know about the top Monday alternatives and competitors, including ClickUp, Toggl, ActiveCollab, and more!
- 20+ Best Monday.com Alternatives and Competitors
- Let ClickUp save the day for your project management needs
20+ Best Monday.com Alternatives and Competitors
ClickUp is a free project management solution that allows every team to manage projects, collaborate smarter, and bring all work under one tool. Whether you’re new to project management apps or are a total power user, ClickUp’s customization can stretch to any team size—remote or in-office—for the best productivity of your life.
ClickUp’s Free plan is all you need to get started designing your days to how you work best. There’s no condition to upgrade to one of the paid plans because ClickUp is free forever!
Compared to Monday, ClickUp offers a suite of features that Monday lacks, including:
Assigned comments: assign smaller action items that require effort from anyone in your Workspace
Recurring tasks: set repeating schedules for your work to keep anything from falling through the cracks
Notepad: instantly convert any Notepad entry into a trackable task with due dates, assignees, priorities, and more
/Slash Commands: create subtasks, change task location, move tasks through your workflow, and more with a simple “/”
Custom Fields: add fields to a List, Folder, or Space fields to show clear deadlines, clarify who owns which part of the process, and confirm or deny requests for action
✅ ClickUp pros
- Connect your most-used work apps to ClickUp with 1,000+ integrations, including email, cloud storage, Monday, and more
- Visualize tasks, projects, and workflows the way that suits your working style with ClickUp’s 15+ customizable project views
❌ ClickUp cons
- No Dashboard export feature
- Not all ClickUp views are available on the mobile app…yet! 🔮
💸 ClickUp pricing
- Free Forever Plan (best for personal use)
- Unlimited Plan (best for small teams ($7/member per month)
- Business Plan (best for mid-sized teams ($12/member per month)
👉 If you need a full software suite to handle your Enterprise workloads and processes, we’d love to help set you up for success! Please contact Sales when you’re ready.
- G2: 4.7/5 (3,880+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,480+ reviews)
Compare ClickUp Vs Monday!
Toggl is a project management software comprising three different solutions: Toggl Track, Toggl Plan, and Toggl Hire. Toggl Plan’s visual roadmaps complement change management when managing multiple projects in spreadsheets introduces more work than support.
✅ Toggl pros
- Streamline communication with comments and shared project timelines
- Automate repetitive tasks with recurring tasks
❌ Toggl cons
- Workspace guest users (external stakeholders or teammates) are paid premium features
- Project data exporting to use with other tools is a paid premium feature (find exporting solutions with Toggl alternatives)
💸 Toggl pricing
- Toggl offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $8/user per month
💬 Toggl customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
nTask is a cloud-based project management platform helping teams manage everything from resource planning to project deliverables. Similar to other Monday alternatives on this list, nTask offers Kanban boards to create a project plan and visualize tasks. Project managers can also create checklists with to-do items, so nothing falls through the cracks.
✅ nTask pros
❌ nTask cons
- Not suitable for larger teams of 50 or more
- Kanban boards are a paid feature
💸 nTask pricing
- nTask offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $3/month per user
💬 nTask customer ratings
- G2: 4.4/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.9/5 (10+ reviews)
If this isn’t your first time on the project management software hunt, you’ve most likely come across Trello. Trello organizes projects into boards inspired by Kanban, a workflow management method. A board is filled with task cards containing notes, attachments, images, documents, and other data to collaborate with teammates.
✅ Trello pros
- Create commands to automate almost any action with Trello’s Butler
- Board, Timeline, Table, Calendar, Dashboard, and Map views
❌ Trello cons
- Limited email integration
- Not suitable for large-scale projects (check out these Trello alternatives for other tools)
💸 Trello pricing
- Trello offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $5/user per month
💬 Trello customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (20,410+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (12,390+ reviews)
Hubspot is a customer relationship management (CRM) and task management software for businesses that need to manage their funnel and relationships with prospective customers.
The platform offers marketing, sales, content management, operations, and customer service products. Users can sign up to use the free features or upgrade to premium versions within these products.
✅ Hubspot pros
- HubSpot CRM is free, including a reporting dashboard, company insights, deal tracking, and pipeline management
- Offers the HubSpot Academy for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service professionals
❌ Hubspot cons
- Limited feature scope based on plan
- Lack of granular reporting
💸 Hubspot pricing
- Hubspot offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $45/month
💬 Hubspot customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (1,190+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (50+ reviews)
Next on the list is ActiveCollab, an all-in-one project management solution for smaller teams to plan and organize work. This platform has a user-friendly interface that’s simple for complex projects. To get started, members can use sample projects to test organization options.
✅ ActiveCollab pros
- Projects from select management tools can import into ActiveCollab
- Support any file type to upload in tasks and comments
❌ ActiveCollab cons
- Limited integrations
- Invoicing is a paid feature
💸 ActiveCollab pricing
- ActiveCollab offers a free trial, a free version for three members, and paid plans starting at $6.25/month per user
💬 ActiveCollab customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (70+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (370+ reviews)
7. ProProfs Project
ProProfs Project is another Monday alternative for your everyday project management needs. It lets you set up your project dashboard within minutes by adding tasks, assigning team members, and defining due dates. You can prioritize tasks and set dependencies between them.
✅ ProProfs Project pros
- Visualize progress using interactive project views such as Gantt chart, Kanban board, and more
- Track time and analyze which tasks are taking up the most time
❌ ProProfs Project cons
- Does not offer advanced reports
- Lacks milestone tracking
💸 ProProfs Project pricing
- ProProfs Project offers a free trial and paid plans starting at $2/month per user
💬 ProProfs Project customer ratings
- G2: 4.4/5 (30 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (70+ reviews)
Asana is a cloud-based task management tool that organizes all project-related tasks into a single space. Teams see what they need to do, which tasks are a priority, and when work is due. Fans of graph-based project views will value Asana’s data model to stay in sync and hit deadlines.
✅ Asana pros
- 200+ integrations, including Jira Cloud, Microsoft Teams, and Google Sheets
- User-friendly interface
❌ Asana cons
- No multiple assignees option
- Not ideal for complex projects with multiple workflows (find a flexible solution with Asana alternatives & check out our Monday vs Asana guide!)
💸 Asana pricing
- Asana offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $10.99/month per user
💬 Asana customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (8,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (10,000+ reviews)
Check out our Jira Vs. Monday.com comparison!
Airtable is a project management tool that helps teams create detailed databases for their work. Users can group and sort data in custom fields with views like Grid to include only the relevant project information.
✅ Airtable pros
- Gallery view to showcase designs and other creative
❌ Airtable cons
- Free plan is limited to one sync integration
- Limited customization options for workspace appearance (the versatile tool you need could be in these Airtable alternatives)
💸 Airtable pricing
- Airtable offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $10/month
💬 Airtable customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (1,300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1,220+ reviews)
Wrike project management software is ideal for small agencies needing a customizable workspace to organize shared calendars, schedule projects, and collaborate with ease. What’s more, approvers can expedite feedback using Wrike’s visual markup tool.
✅ Wrike pros
- Kanban board allows complete visibility to tasks
- Time tracking feature to compare estimated versus actual time spent
❌ Wrike cons
- Steep learning curve for new users (learn about Wrike alternatives)
- Gantt charts are not available in the free version
💸 Wrike pricing
- Wrike offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $9.80/month per user
💬 Wrike customer ratings
- G2: 4.2/5 (2,350+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (1,700+ reviews)
Workzone is a project management software with an efficient email alert feature that takes users directly to the important task item within Workzone. Ideal for enterprise organizations, teams can view a comprehensive dashboard to see projects across departments, clients, or campaigns.
✅ Workzone pros
- Efficient custom project request forms
- To-Do List feature that automatically sends an organized list of tasks
❌ Workzone cons
- No free plan
- Robust customization options are paid premium features
💸 Workzone pricing
- Workzone offers paid plans starting at $24/month per user for teams of five or more users
💬 Workzone customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (160+ reviews)
Hive provides task management, project templates, and time tracking to reflect how you work on a day-to-day basis. Choose from Hive’s thousands of integrations to get the information you need from multiple sources into one centralized location. Users can also create personalized to-do lists and automate their workflow for greater efficiency.
✅ Hive pros
- Auto-schedule meetings from a task card for better team collaboration
- Unlimited projects and tasks
❌ Hive cons
- No custom statuses feature to support specific processes
- Time tracking is a paid feature
💸 Hive pricing
- Hive offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $12/user per month
💬 Hive customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (290+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (140+ reviews)
Next on our Monday alternatives list is Notion, a popular note-taking app with 1,000+ community-made templates for download. In Notion, you can also create a home base for any project and fully customize your content to match your workflow. With any type of work—wikis, dashboards, or note-taking—users can track tasks, view what needs to be done, and link notes.
✅ Notion pros
- Graph database interface for networked thought
- Unlimited collaborators in the starter plan
❌ Notion cons
- Requires manual exporting to back up data (find advanced export features you need in Notion alternatives)
- Expensive compared to the other Monday alternatives
💸 Notion pricing
- Notion offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $4/month
💬 Notion customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (480+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (570+ reviews)
Hygger is a project management tool helping teams streamline their workflow by reinforcing task prioritization. Teams can create comprehensive timelines to traditional task lists for organizing work.
✅ Hygger pros
- Swimlanes feature on Kanban board
- Live activity stream to show current, overdue, and completed tasks
❌ Hygger cons
- Not suitable for cross-functional team collaboration
- Few integrations available
💸 Hygger pricing
- Hygger offers a free trial and paid plans starting at $7/month per user
💬 Hygger customer ratings
- G2: 4.8/5 (2 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (100+ reviews)
NiftyPM lets you work on large-scale projects with multiple team members. Like most project management tools, it’s a collaborative workspace that helps you and your team organize tasks, track time, and manage documents.
✅ NiftyPM pros
- Portfolio management feature to view members and statuses at a glance
- Offers different user roles and permissions to control access levels
❌ NiftyPM cons
- Free plan is limited to two active projects
- Expensive paid plans to use core features
💸 NiftyPM pricing
- NiftyPM offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $39/month
💬 NiftyPM customer ratings
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (110+ reviews)
Jira is a bug-tracking and project software geared toward agile teams and technical power users. With advanced reporting options, including user workload, average issue age, and recently created issues, project managers can make informed decisions to plan smarter sprints.
👉 Read our Jira project management guide!
✅ Jira pros
- Assign tasks or create Jira issues directly from your pull request
- Incident Investigation Dashboard to resolve code deployment issues faster
❌ Jira cons
- Non-product teams might have to use multiple applications for straightforward work management and to avoid overly complex workflows (check out Jira alternatives)
- Steep learning curve for Jira admins to learn, implement, and train team members
💸 Jira pricing
- Jira offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans for ten users starting at $7.50/month
💬 Jira customer ratings
- G2: 4.2/5 (4,440+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (11,180+ reviews)
Smartsheet is a project management tool that lets you manage, track, and plan multiple projects. The key feature of Smartsheet is the Control Center—a portfolio and project management solution. Project managers can save time on manual work with the Control Center’s automation capabilities.
👉 Check out our Smartsheet Project Management Guide!
✅ Smartsheet pros
- Custom branding can be applied to the entire account
- Project budgeting to see planned versus actual hours spent to keep projects on budget
❌ Smartsheet cons
- No free plan is available
- Not suitable for small agencies (learn about Smartsheet alternatives for your project needs)
💸 Smartsheet pricing
- Smartsheet has a free trial and paid plans start at $7/month per user
💬 Smartsheet customer ratings
- G2: 4.4/5 (6,090+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2,220+ reviews)
TeamGantt is a Gantt chart software that lets members keep all tasks, documents, and conversations in a single centralized hub. This Gantt chart maker features built-in resource management software, letting teams check availability before scheduling and assigning project tasks.
✅ TeamGantt pros
- Drag and drop functionality
- Multiple projects are permitted inside one Gantt chart
❌ TeamGantt cons
- Geared towards users who prefer to primarily work within Gantt charts
- Limited to three task management tools: Gantt chart, calendar, and Kanban board
💸 TeamGantt pricing
- TeamGantt offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $19/month for one user and unlimited guests
💬 TeamGantt customer ratings
- G2: 4.8/5 (800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (180+ reviews)
Check out these TeamGantt competitors!
AceProject is a collaboration-oriented project management software to help teams centralize communications so nothing falls through the cracks. With features such as bulk document download, dynamic charts, and others, AceProject also provides a simplified user experience.
✅ Aceproject pros
- Time Clock feature to punch in and out while working on a specific task
- AceProject is available on iPhone/iPad, Windows, or Android devices
❌ Aceproject cons
- Expensive paid plans compared to other Monday alternatives
- Limited integration capabilities
💸 Aceproject pricing
- Aceproject offers a free trial, free plan, and paid plans starting at $24/month for ten users
💬 Aceproject customer ratings
- G2: 3.9/5 (14 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (13 reviews)
Basecamp is a project management software helping remote teams organize tasks, track project progress, and collaborate over tasks. The tool aims to bring task management and project team communication under one tent with features like to-do lists and message boards.
✅ Basecamp pros
- Check-in feature to send recurring questions
- Message board feature to post announcements, send progress updates, and more
❌ Basecamp cons
- Not suitable for small agencies with multiple projects happening simultaneously
- Modest free plan with basic functionality (find advanced features in Basecamp alternatives)
💸 Basecamp pricing
- Basecamp offers a free trial, free plan, and a paid plan at $99/month flat
💬 Basecamp customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (4,940+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (13,350+ reviews)
Last but not least on our Monday alternatives list is Podio, a project management tool providing a structure for teams to collaborate easier, find information faster, and choose between different work views. In addition, project managers can create task automation to keep people and projects connected with a Podio workflow.
✅ Podio pros
- User-friendly interface
- Podio add-on features are available for specific use cases
❌ Podio cons
- Limited advanced features for task management
- Sales dashboards are a paid premium feature
💸 Podio pricing
- Podio offers free and paid plans starting at $7.20/month
💬 Podio customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (370+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (280+ reviews)
Let ClickUp save the day for your project management needs
It can be tough to get out of a productivity slump when you’re working with project management tools that steal time away from you. The thing is, Monday makes us feel like any other Monday—tired and blocked.
If you want to flip the script on the Monday blues, ClickUp’s your digital coffee that keeps getting better and better. ☕️⚡️
Sign up for a free ClickUp account to experience all the time-saving features firsthand!