Your manager asks you and your team to make changes to a project proposal within the next hour.
You go through your cluttered inbox, skim through your desktop folders, and look sideways for a life-saving idea. Then, you find yourself scrambling to get your team together and make the necessary changes as quickly as possible.
Been there, done that! 🙋♀️
Storing, sharing, and, most importantly, accessing the right content at the right time can be frustrating.
Thankfully, content collaboration software can help you solve all these issues!
- Content Collaboration Software FAQs
- Top 16 Content Collaboration Software
- Collaborate With Confidence In ClickUp!
Let’s get started!
Content Collaboration Software FAQs
Here’s everything you need to know about content collaboration platforms:
What Is Content Collaboration Software?
Content collaboration software empowers your team with extensive knowledge management features. These tools can keep your documents safe while facilitating team collaboration.
Remember when offices used to have messy file cabinets?
Thanks to content collaboration platforms, teams can use a sophisticated cloud solution to stack and store content. This way, you won’t lose any documents or your patience…
Content collaboration apps typically offer remote access to content repositories, multiple device sync, integrated chat options, and task management capabilities.
Here are different ways your team can use content collaboration apps:
- Marketing campaigns: content collaboration tools can help marketing teams run targeted campaigns and work together on marketing collaterals like white papers, brochures, blog posts, and more
- Sales collaboration: with a content collaboration app, your sales team can easily create and save custom sales responses, sales contracts, and targets. On top of that, your team can take notes during client meetings and keep an eye on your sales pipeline
- Product releases: a content collaboration platform lets product teams collaborate on designs, product roadmaps, product features, and more
- Research and development: these tools keep all your documents like conceptual notes, product analyses, findings, survey material, etc. in one place so you can easily browse, save, and access any document when you need it
- Remote work management: online collaboration tools help remote teams work towards a common goal, despite different time zones and geographic locations. Additionally, remote teams can benefit from the video conferencing features offered by these tools to collaborate with ease
Let’s explore the tools that can help your teams create and collaborate on content effortlessly.
What Are The Different Types of Content Collaboration Software?
Here are seven types of content collaboration tools that your teams can benefit from:
1. Calendar sharing tools
A shared calendar helps organizations in scheduling team or one-on-one meetings without the hassle of back-and-forth emails. You can confirm the availability of the participants before you send out an invitation.
From PDFs to artworks to legal contracts to any other digital asset, file sharing makes transferring documents easy. Moreover, you can share access with only select individuals, as per your choice, to avoid chances of content manipulation.
Communication tools usually have native instant messaging features that let you share files and resolve work-related doubts in seconds. For instance, designers can instantly confirm the exact text on the design by connecting with the copywriter via instant messaging.
Additionally, you can ping your colleague to take a break and collaborate over coffee and cookies instead!
4. Document synchronization tools
A document synchronization tool helps you keep track of the latest updates. It essentially supports syncing documents across multiple devices and ensures that any change made in one document reflects elsewhere too.
For instance, servicing teams can get up to speed whenever a client makes any edits or suggestions in the document.
5. Cloud storage solutions
Cloud storage protects your data against system malfunction and sudden data loss. It’s a reliable storage solution for your ever-increasing volume of corporate content.
Additionally, it allows users to access the latest versions of any document to stay on top of changes. This also helps businesses manage their workflow better.
6. Video conferencing tools
Video conferencing tools can improve remote work management. From interactive team sessions to brainstorming on ideas, video conferencing tools can boost teamwork and real-time collaboration.
Teams can ideate and collaborate effectively with online whiteboards. This lightweight and visual tool can assist teams with product roadmap creation, project planning, and more.
Rather than working in silos, teammates can come together to visualize the big picture.
Now that we’ve got the FAQs out of the way, let’s get started on the tools:
Top 16 Content Collaboration Software
Content collaboration platforms are the perfect tool for great teamwork. You can share content effortlessly while maintaining complete control over your sensitive data.
Here are the top 16 content collaboration software you can try out:
With ClickUp, you can work alongside teammates in real-time with the powerful Collaborative Editing feature. Additionally, you can quickly attach and share files with your team from Dropbox, OneDrive/SharePoint, and Box.
ClickUp key features
Here’s why ClickUp’s #1 on this list:
- Docs: Docs provide you with the perfect space to create any document you can imagine, including onboarding docs, SOPs, newsletters, and a whole lot more
- ClickUp AI: Use AI to create content, take notes, and more.
- Rich text editing: Write task descriptions to your product or marketing team effectively by using lists, headings, and highlights
- Proofing and annotations: collaborate on anything you want, including design ads, contracts, client deals, and more. You can even turn annotated texts into action items for smooth coordination
- Custom permissions: add unique permissions settings to different Workspaces to ensure secure collaboration and version control
- Checklists: create checklists for your tech team so they don’t miss out on any details
- Notepad: quickly jot down ideas you want to present at the next social media marketing meeting or use ClickUp’s Notepad to keep track of meeting minutes
- Tasks and subtasks: create tasks with multiple assignees and add additional details as subtasks for better coordination
- Importing: import projects from other tools like Asana, Monday.com, Basecamp into ClickUp within seconds
- Native integrations: streamline processes by partnering with your favorite apps like Slack, Evernote, Zoom, and more
- Filter and search: find the exact info you’re looking for in your content repository
- Chat view: share project updates, decadent cake recipes, and consolidate team communication all in one place
- Offline Mode: create tasks, add reminders, and view your notes even when you’re traveling to meet your next client
- Navigate your way through multiple Docs and tasks with hotkeys
- Keep your team in the loop using customized task statuses
- Organize your ideas visually and flaunt them to the entire design team with Mind Maps
- Refer a Doc to your teammate by typing @@@ (or click the @ symbol) with Rich text formatting options
- Schedule your software development team’s tasks and manage deadlines with ease using the Gantt Chart view
- Collaborate effectively and give additional context to your tasks by attaching links from Youtube or Google Sheets in Embed view
- Create action items instantly from assigned comments so your teammates can manage all to-dos in one place
- Send and receive attachments, files, and other documents without switching tabs with ClickUp’s Email functionality
- ClickUp’s Template Center (check out these content calendar templates!)
ClickUp has a feature-rich Free Forever Plan that supports unlimited members and tasks.
Paid plans start as low as $5/month per user.
ClickUp customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,200+ reviews)
2. Apple iCloud
Apple iCloud lets you browse, search, and share all kinds of content, documents, and presentations.
If you’re already a Mac user, you’ll have no problem partnering up with its advanced cloud storage solutions.
Moreover, this content collaboration platform can help graphic or animation designers manage their work. For example, they can easily share a large design file via iCloud Drive without crashing their system or waiting a million years before their colleague receives it.
Apple iCloud key features
- Real-time updates on the edits made in documents, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Two‑factor authentication to restrict strangers from accessing your content
- 5GB of free iCloud storage after signing up
Apple iCloud pricing
Apple iCloud has a free plan, and paid plans start at $0.99/month.
Apple iCloud customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (590+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (370+ reviews)
Bit.ai is a powerful document collaboration tool that lets you create wikis, knowledge bases, client briefs, project deliverables, training SOPs, and more. Your teammates can co-edit files, check version history, and quickly pick up changes on any document.
Additionally, your marketing team can store and upload all client-related information with this collaboration app. As a result, no campaign brief or social media marketing objective is lost in long email threads.
Bit key features
- Search for digital resources in your content library using keywords, titles, and descriptions
- Integrates with cloud solutions to safely upload your content
- Offers premade document templates across categories like customer service, design, education, HR, and more
Bit has a free plan, and paid plans start at $12/user per month.
Bit customer ratings
- G2: 4.4/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 5/5 (8+ reviews)
Bitrix24 is an open-source Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software designed to boost team collaboration and communication. It facilitates inter-departmental messaging within the organization through specific project channels.
Project managers can use this tool for easy task delegation instead of forwarding work emails and cluttering your inbox further.
It also comes with an in-built timer functionality to help project teams keep an eye on how much time they’re spending on tasks.
Bitrix24 key features
- Offers online meeting features like live feed, chats, and video calls
- Create checklists and subtasks under main tasks for work clarity
- Get advanced permission and control settings to maintain content integrity
Bitrix24 has a free plan, and paid plans start at $49/month.
Bitrix24 customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (390+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (470+ reviews)
Box is an enterprise content collaboration platform that offers advanced security controls and complete data governance. Apart from organizing your content neatly, it gives your team a central workspace to edit, review, and share files.
It can be super helpful for an HR department to store applicant records, pull up leave requests, access employee data, and even onboard new talent.
Box key features
- Box Notes feature creates a shared online space for teammates to share their ideas
- Manage content creation and review processes with a powerful document editing feature
- Native integrations with popular tools like Zoom, Slack, and Office 365
Box offers paid plans starting at $20/user per month.
Box customer ratings
- G2: 4.2/5 (4,670+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (3,920+ reviews)
Chanty is a robust team communication and collaboration software that lets you assign tasks to team members.
You can synchronize your files across all devices, so content changes made in one place, are reflected everywhere else.
With Chanty, team leaders can improve remote work communication via their audio and video conferencing features. Instead of waiting for an email reply or acknowledgment, you can clear matters over a quick call.
Chanty key features
- Store and organize content using the Teambooks feature
- Notify teammates with @mentions for instant replies
- Pin innovative ideas and latest reports that you can come back to later
Chanty has a free plan, and paid plans start at $4/user per month.
Chanty customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (30+ reviews)
Citrix is a content collaboration solution offering file sharing and cloud storage capabilities.
You can control and change authorized access to any content with Information Rights Management. This way, you don’t have to spend sleepless nights worrying about someone accessing your sensitive data and documents.
Let’s see how you can benefit from this tool:
Citrix key features
- Makes document collaboration secure with enterprise-grade IT controls
- Built-in cloud services designed specifically for growing cloud storage needs
- Real-time notifications about document changes
Citrix offers paid plans starting at $2/user per month.
Citrix customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (35+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (50+ reviews)
Dropbox is a content-sharing platform that helps your team stay on the same page. You can share project deliverables, images, videos, links, and even code.
Dropbox Paper can simplify work for academic and research teams with its file sharing and real-time collaboration features. This way, it lifts your team’s spirit and prevents any drop in productivity.
Dropbox key features
- Retrieve deleted files and easily access previous file versions
- Add password protection to your file links and disable downloads to avoid content tampering
- Customize your files with your company logo, brand colors, and more
Dropbox has a free plan, and paid plans start at $11.99/month.
Dropbox customer ratings
- G2: 4.4/5 (12,920+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (18,050+ reviews)
FileCloud offers secure content management solutions for teams to access, share, and sync their documents from any device.
With its product AirSend, you can organize files, track tasks, and create wiki notes.
FileCloud is also a fantastic solution for accounting teams to generate audit reports and share financial goals. So your team’s spirit won’t be crushed every time they have to crunch some numbers!
FileCloud key features
- View and track file activity via the activity stream feature
- Alerts users when shared files or folders are changed or edited
- Quickly search for large files and documents using Metadata search
FileCloud offers paid plans starting at $4.20/user per month.
FileCloud customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (160+ reviews)
10. Google Drive
Google Drive offers a cloud-based platform where teams can easily share, store, and access files for effective collaboration.
It also lets you create a designated space for your files (My Drive) and files shared internally.
This content collaboration platform is an excellent tool for digital marketers who need to keep track of their essential information. They can share design mockups with clients, access blog posts for publishing, or even upload creative presentations with absolute ease.
Google Drive key features
- Save web content and images from the internet
- Scan client receipts and billing statements from your Android phone or tablet so you can easily access digital copies on the go
- Edit PDF files in Google Docs
Google Drive pricing
Google Drive offers paid plans starting at $1.70/user per month.
Google Drive customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (39,450+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (23,180+ reviews)
Huddle is an online document collaboration tool that offers practical ways of communicating with teams, clients, and customers. With their shared workspace, you can easily organize all business briefs, content changes, and client approvals.
Huddle is a fantastic tool for sales teams. With this app, teams can create client-specific workspaces and invite clients to collaborate with the team when necessary.
Instead of spending time on daily huddles, you could get things done with Huddle’s collaborative workspace.
Huddle key features
- View the latest updates on any file with automatic version control
- Collaborate in real-time by mentioning team members in your document’s comment section
- Manage permissions and access controls on documents with this collaborative software
Request a custom quote from Huddle.
Huddle customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (70+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (40+ reviews)
12. MS SharePoint
If you’re looking for a content management app that’s similar to document-sharing websites like Reddit, this one’s for you.
With MS Sharepoint, you can share commonly used resources via the company site and collaborate with your Microsoft teams across desktops (Windows and Linux, Mac) and mobile devices (Android and iOS).
SharePoint also offers SharePoint team sites, which connect you and your team to shared content and resources.
MS SharePoint key features
- Use project sites for project management and keep team members informed about the latest updates
- Communication sites help you promote news, publish reports, organize corporate events, and collect team feedback
- Team sites help to organize brainstorming sessions and conduct team building activities
MS SharePoint pricing
MS SharePoint offers paid plans starting at $5/user per month.
MS SharePoint customer ratings
- G2: 4/5 (7,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (3,290+ reviews)
Nextcloud is an on-premise collaboration tool that helps you eliminate cybersecurity and data risks. In addition, this tool promotes great teamwork, from collaborative editing to task management and high-quality video call support.
Additionally, the tool’s advanced security features can help public relations teams keep their data and press releases secure.
Nextcloud key features
- Robust search capabilities to track and find large files
- Conduct team meetings and group discussions over audio and video conferencing
- Co-edit documents with multiple teammates using Collabora Online
Request a custom quote from Nextcloud.
Nextcloud customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (350+ reviews)
Nuclino is a powerful knowledge base software that offers many collaborative features.
From sharing meeting minutes to drafting press releases and coordinating on project reports, this content-sharing app lets you do pretty much everything.
Developers can use this tool to create, share, and exchange code snippets easily among themselves. They can even coordinate with the design team to share and receive instant feedback on one central platform.
Your creative and tech teams can have a much better (and less bitter) experience while working on a project.
Nuclino key features
- Create and edit content with an intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- Restrict content access by assigning roles on who can view, edit, and modify
- Suggest changes and mention team members in comments
Nuclino has a free plan and paid plans starting at $6/user per month.
Nuclino customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (5+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (20+ reviews)
Monday.com is a team collaboration software that creates a central hub where team members and partners can collaborate on decisions. The app also has advanced scheduling features to help with task management.
For instance, software development teams can use monday.com to manage their deliverables, software modules, sprints, and feature releases.
And since everyone knows what’s on their plate and the due dates, teams can spend more time working and less time worrying about it.
Monday.com key features
- Co-edit in real-time and share comments
- Dashboards and work docs are automatically synced and updated as you work
- Take notes and transform them into action items when you’re ready
Monday.com has a free plan and offers paid plans starting at $10/seat per month.
Monday.com customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (3,010+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (2,410+ reviews)
Check out our full comparison on Monday vs Airtable.
Workzone is a project collaboration software that lets teams share documents, co-author content, receive approvals, and stay on the same page.
Engineering teams can use Workzone to streamline critical processes like design reviews and product release management. They can store relevant information like product specifications and scrum notes on this online collaboration tool.
Workzone key features
- Keeps the team on track with personal to-do lists and reminder emails
- Get accurate status updates with cross-project dashboards and specific project channels
- Comment section in documents allow teams to stay organized and discuss particular details
Workzone offers paid plans starting at $24/user per month.
Workzone customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (150+ reviews)
Collaborate With Confidence In ClickUp!
With robust content collaboration platforms, managing all sorts of content and collaborating with your teammates becomes a breeze.
However, you can’t rely on any content collaboration tool to get the job done.
You need the ultimate content collaboration tool—ClickUp.
In short, you can enhance team efficiency and coordination by partnering with ClickUp.
Switch to ClickUp for free today and quit sweating when you have to locate and collaborate over documents.