If movies and TV shows have led us to believe one thing, it’s that by now we’re supposed to have a whole society of robots to do our busy work for us.
We’re supposed to have robots clean our houses, cook our breakfast, and answer our phones. And some of those robots are supposed to be sassy and speak with a British accent. But alas, here we are in the 21st century, and we haven’t seen a sassy British robot once today. 🤖💂♀️
While that future may be a ways away, artificial intelligence is here now. Sure, it won’t cook our eggs in the morning, but AI technology can make our work lives easier by automating some of our daily marketing tasks. And for marketing teams, the right AI marketing tool can make work more productive, more creative, and more fun.
Here are the 11 best AI marketing tools your entire team will love.
- What is an AI Marketing Tool?
- What Should You Look for in an AI Tools for Marketing?
- The 11 Best Marketing AI Tools to Ramp Productivity
- How Can AI Tools Improve Your Marketing Strategy?
What is an AI Marketing Tool?
An AI (Artificial Intelligence) Marketing Tool refers to the application of artificial intelligence technologies in marketing strategies and efforts. These tools utilize machine learning, marketing analytics, and predictive algorithms to automate, optimize, and augment various marketing tasks.
What Should You Look for in an AI Tools for Marketing?
Different AI marketing tools perform different functions, but every tool you use should make your life easier and not harder.
We know what you’re thinking: No duh! But sometimes when you’re choosing tools this requirement can be easier said than done. Here’s what to look for to ensure you’re getting a good tool. 🔧
- Intuitive user experience: This software is for your marketing team, not your IT team, so the user interface should be simple to learn and use. Since your marketing team is design oriented, a little beauty in the interface will make everyone’s experience better
- Easy automations: The point of artificial intelligence is to take work off your plate. So an AI tool should offer marketing automations that allow you to perform repetitive processes with the click of a button. And your team members shouldn’t need coding knowledge to set up these automations
- Plenty of integrations: Most teams need more than one app to accomplish their work, but switching between apps can add more work and frustration for your team. Make sure any AI tool you choose to integrate with the software you already rely on
- No overlap: You can streamline your marketing tech stack by choosing fewer apps that do more. But make sure you’re not choosing apps with overlapping features, or you could end up with part of your team relying on one app and the others relying on another, which will make your workflow less streamlined instead of more
The 11 Best Marketing AI Tools to Ramp Productivity
Here are the 11 best AI marketing tools. While none of them have British accents or sassy comebacks, these apps will help you reach your target audience, streamline your marketing workflows, improve your marketing campaign management, create SEO-optimized content, and track your results.
And that’s just the beginning.
ClickUp is the app to replace all your apps. It brings all of your work—from task management and goal tracking to chats and docs—into one place. And it comes with the world’s only role-based AI assistant.
You can customize ClickUp’s AI features for tone and creativity, and it has content structures built in so your marketing team can save time on outlining and formatting. 📝
ClickUp best features
- Copyediting: In ClickUp Docs, highlight any part of your text, and use AI-powered editing features to optimize content, make it longer or shorter, or simplify the writing
- AI writing: Draft your next drip email or social media marketing campaign or outline a blog for search engines in seconds. And with already-formatted content templates that include headers, tables, and more, you can save time on content marketing efforts
- Summarizing: Use AI-powered tools to pull actionable insights from any document or post-mortem. ClickUp’s AI tool provides an instant recap and outlines the next steps to add to your marketing calendar, so everyone gets a clear overview of a project or your marketing campaigns in less time
- Brainstorming: Get inspiration for your next creative project with AI-generated feature names, marketing taglines, survey questions, strategies for marketing campaigns, and product marketing templates
- Integrations: Connect ClickUp to your other favorite marketing calendar tools—including other AI marketing tools—with thousands of integrations
- AI project management: Use ClickUp AI to automate your project management processes and get more done.
- Learning curve: The sheer number of features on ClickUp can be overwhelming for first-time users, but the intuitive user interface makes it easy to learn and fully customize
- Cost: While ClickUp offers a Free Forever pricing plan, this plan doesn’t include access to the artificial intelligence features
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.7/5 (6,700+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 4.7/5 (3,600+ reviews)
For example, you can automate your email marketing strategies by creating an if-then that automatically sends a welcome email to potential customers if they sign up for your email list. Or you can increase customer engagement by having any messages you receive through Facebook Messenger sent to your Slack so you see them sooner and speak to your target audience faster.
With Zapier, you can automate your entire customer journey so that anytime a customer moves further down your funnel, they get the exact communication they need.
Zapier best features
- Flexible automations: Because you create your own automations based on any if-then situation you can dream up, Zapier instantly fits into your workflow
- Integrations: There are integrations with over 5,000 marketing software programs to help you send tasks from one app to another, so if something happens in your CRM you can send it to your project management platform, your email marketing tool, and so on
- Limited automation on the free plan: While some of Zapier’s pricing plans allow you to set up multi-step automations (think of it as “if this, then this and then that and then this other thing”), the free plan only allows for single-step automations (only one “then” per workflow)
- Some integrations are smoother than others: Some users report that the apps you integrate Zap with can limit its features. The API on some apps works more smoothly and gives you more options
- Free: No cost, but only allows single-step automations
- Starter: Starts at $19.99/month
- Professional: Starts at $49/month
- Team: Starts at $399/month
- Company: Starts at $799/month
Zapier ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.5/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Jasper is an AI content creation tool that streamlines all of your content marketing efforts. With content templates, it can reduce the time your team spends on first drafts by 80%, and it can even create art to accompany your posts.
It’s simple to use as a digital marketing tool to power up your social media posts, landing pages, email marketing campaigns, or your overall blog content marketing strategy to improve your search engine rankings. Jasper is quickly becoming a must-have AI marketing tool for the most productive companies.
Jasper best features
- Chatbot: The Jasper chatbot can answer questions, help with tasks, and do research
- AI writing templates: With over 50 templates, Jasper can write first drafts of SEO-optimized blogs, Amazon product descriptions, Facebook Ad headlines, short social media posts, and more
- Art creation: Design high-quality illustrations and images for ads, blog posts, and landing pages. All you have to do is enter a description of the image you want, and Jasper’s AI will create it
- Brand voice: Jasper uses machine learning to figure out your voice and make sure all your marketing materials are on-brand. You can teach it your style guide, product catalog, and company history
- Factual errors: Like most AI writing tools, anything Jasper writes for your brand should be treated as a first draft. You’ll need a person to go through the copy, remove any factual errors, and update it with key points the app missed
- Cost: Jasper doesn’t offer a free plan, and some users complain that the price is much higher than competitor products
- Creator: Starts at $39/month
- Teams: Starts at $99/month
- Business: Custom pricing for marketing groups of 10 or more
Jasper ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.7/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 4.8/5 (1,000+ reviews)
Check out these Jasper AI alternatives!
Long considered the ultimate copyediting app, Grammarly also offers AI writing. So, if you get stuck while you’re working on a draft, you can treat Grammarly as your AI assistant, helping you come up with that next idea or paragraph with machine-learning capabilities.
Grammarly best features
- Writing enhancements: Grammarly is extremely good at correcting grammar and spelling mistakes and pointing out wordy sentences with its AI-powered editor
- AI writing: It can also help you create first drafts of content or continue writing content when you can think of what to write next. You provide a prompt, and Grammarly will give you a first draft
- Tone selection: You can choose whether you want your writing to have a formal or casual tone, and you can select adjectives to describe the tone you want in greater detail
- Browser extension: The browser extension allows you to use Grammarly’s features on Google Docs, emails, and social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter
- Better on desktop than mobile: Some users report that Grammarly’s features don’t integrate as well with digital marketing mobile apps as they do with desktop browsers
- Can be overly formal: In spite of the tone selection features, many users report that Grammarly’s AI tool can make its corrections to your content sound too formal
- Premium: Starts at $12/month
- Business: Starts at $15/month per user
Grammarly ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.7/5 (3,000+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 4.7/5 (6,000+ reviews)
We’ve looked at several AI marketing tools that can help you create blog posts and emails, but this AI tool can actually have a conversation with your customers. Manychat provides an interactive customer experience, using natural language processing to respond to your customers in Instagram DM, Facebook Messenger, SMS text messages, and WhatsApp.
Manychat best features
- Interactive chatbot: Manychat was built to do one thing, and it does it well. This chatbot will respond to customers who message you on social media platforms or through text message
- Limited analytics: While Manychat offers analytics with its paid pricing plan, many users report that the analytics aren’t very useful and don’t provide a good overview of customer data
- Occasional glitches: Some users report that the API with Facebook Messenger sometimes has a lag time or doesn’t load correctly and needs to be reloaded
- Free: No cost, but doesn’t include SMS messaging
- Pro: $15/month
Manychat ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.6/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 4.7/5 (50+ reviews)
Evolv AI uses artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to improve customer experiences in real-time. It continuously adapts to live customer behavior on a variety of platforms—from your e-commerce site to your social media platforms.
The AI software does real-time experimentation to direct each customer in your demographic toward the experience that’s most likely to lead them further down your marketing funnel and closer to a purchase.
Evolv best features
- Automated customer journeys: Not only can Evolv adapt your customer journey in real-time for each user, but it can also continuously learn from users and your customer data to create the most effective journeys over time
- Manual and automatic targeting: You can do your own audience segmentation and run CX experiments through Evolv, but the AI tool will also automatically segment users and can identify and develop new segments that you may not have known existed
- Analytics: Evolv provides clear insights on the CX experiments it runs so you can understand which elements of your customer experience are most successful and make more informed decisions going forward. It may become your go-to web design tool for brainstorming site updates
- Learning curve: Evolv is a complicated piece of AI technology, so it can take time to figure out how to integrate it across all of your marketing channels and start using it successfully
- Custom: Before you can get a quote, you’ll have to schedule a demo and meet with a member of Evolv’s team
Evolv ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 3.5/5 (1 review)
- Capterra reviews: No reviews yet
Bonus: AI social media tools
Another generative AI marketing tool for copy is Writer. This AI tool can create content for any team in your organization—from HR emails to operational handbooks.
Writer best features
- CoWrite: The program’s CoWrite features allow you to teach the AI-powered tool your voice so you get a consistent brand tone across all of your content
- Recaps: Repurpose content for multiple marketing channels with the Recaps feature. You can transform a podcast or event into a blog post and an email with the click of a button
- Style guide: When you build your brand style guide in Writer, it will enforce your style rules whenever someone on your team uses the program to write
- Cost: There’s no free plan, and the most basic plan is more expensive than many competitors
- Setup time: Many users complain that teaching the software about your voice and style guide can take a lot of time
- Team: $18/month per user for up to five users
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for larger organizations
Writer ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.6/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 4.7/5 (5+ reviews)
If you want to manage your content strategy and content creation from a single app, then this is the all-in-one SEO tool you need. Surfer provides search engine optimization features with actionable insights for keyword research so you can optimize your writing efforts and set your new or existing content up for higher rankings.
SurferSEO best features
- Keyword research: Perform keyword research and get suggestions for related keywords to guide your content clusters
- Content editor: See a detailed article outline and get suggested keywords include as you write—whether it’s for digital marketing copy
- SEO audits: Get suggestions for SEO optimizations you can make to current blog posts and webpages
- Unrelated Keywords: Users complain that some of the suggested keywords for content clusters aren’t as closely related to the original topic as they would like
- Cost: Many users find the cost to be too high, making it a difficult marketing tool for small businesses to afford
- Not a complete AI tool: Probably not as helpful if you’re solely looking for a content AI marketing tool for generating written content or editing—but it is one of the more powerful SEO tools
- Basic: Starts at $49/month for one person
- Pro: Starts at $99/month for up to three team members
- Business: Starts at $199/month for up to 10 team members
- Enterprise: Custom price for unlimited team members
SurferSEO ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.8/5 (400+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 4.9/5 (300+ reviews)
You might think collaboration can’t be automated, but Smartly.io is here to prove that it can. This marketing tool is great for content creation and creative copy for your next digital marketing strategy.
Smartly.io best features
- Automated planning: Smartly.io’s AI marketing tool can plan your marketing strategy for you, then use automations to streamline the workflow you need to follow through on the strategy
- Multi-channel scaling: Review your entire campaign together to align your social media teams and decide how your strategy will look across different marketing channels with AI-powered features
- Easier collaborating: Review, comment, edit, and approve all of your creative assets from one place
- Learning curve: Many users say it takes specialized training for your team to learn to use Smartly.io effectively
- Limited integrations: Several users say that, while Smartly.io integrates well with Facebook, it’s not as useful with other social media platforms
- Custom: You’ll have to schedule a demo and meet with a team member to get a price
Smartly.io ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.4/5 (400+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 4.4/5 (10+ reviews)
This email marketing program integrates with HubSpot and Marketo to make your emails more effective, improve your open rate, and increase your conversions. It uses AI to determine the best timing and frequency for contacting each customer, depending on where they are in the customer journey.
Seventh Sense best features
- Email delivery optimization: Instead of using rigid schedules or time-zone-based scheduling, Seventh Sense uses AI to determine the ideal time to send emails to each user, helping to increase open rates
- A/B testing: Built-in A/B testing features allow you to test subject lines and decide on the most effective one before sending the majority of your emails with their optimized delivery schedules
- Deliverability auditing: Get more in-depth insights into your deliverability with Seventh Sense’s audits of not only your bounce rate but also how many emails reach active inboxes
Seventh Sense limitations
- Only available with HubSpot and Marketo: Many marketing teams don’t use Seventh Sense because this AI marketing tool doesn’t work with their preferred email marketing software
- Complex UI: Some users feel Seventh Sense’s user interface isn’t very intuitive, leaving them to hunt down the features they want to use
Seventh Sense pricing
- Business for HubSpot users: Starts at $64/month for up to 5,000 marketing contacts
- Enterprise for HubSpot users: Custom pricing for 150,000 marketing contacts or more
- Business for Marketo users: Starts at $360/month for 50,000 leads
- Enterprise for Marketo users: Custom pricing for 300,000 leads or more
Seventh Sense ratings and reviews
- G2 reviews: 4.8/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra reviews: 5/5 (3 reviews)
Copy.ai initially carved a niche for itself as one of the trailblazers in AI content generation, and it keeps evolving with technological advancements. This AI-assisted writing tool is an invaluable resource for marketers, bloggers, and content creators, enabling them to produce superior quality content for their blogs, Facebook and Google ads, product descriptions, and landing pages at an accelerated pace, all courtesy of AI.
Copy.ai best features:
- User-friendly interface
- Unlimited words with no credit-based system
- Access to 25+ languages with a paid subscription
- Some users find the outputs lack creativity at times
- Some users wish there was a better way to document projects and files
- Free plan
- Pro: $49/month for 5 users
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Copy.ai ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.8/5 (160+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (50+ reviews)
How Can AI Tools Improve Your Marketing Strategy?
AI tools can enhance marketing by analyzing customer behavior, identifying market gaps, and personalizing communication.
They can segment customers effectively, automate repetitive tasks, and increase efficiency. AI provides real-time insights from large volumes of consumer data, enabling quick response to market trends. AI can improve campaign performance by assisting in various marketing activities.
AI presents a significant opportunity for businesses to optimize their marketing strategies.
Work Smarter, Not Harder With AI Marketing Tools
Whether you’re trying to improve your content, email, or social media marketing, the right AI-powered marketing tools will make your campaigns more successful. You can use them to create error-free copywriting, choose the best subject lines, or track your conversion rates in real-time.
Pretty soon, your marketing efforts will require less—well—effort. So, your team will have more brain power to bring to your next creative brainstorming session.
ClickUp AI is specifically geared toward specific teams—whether it’s marketing, product, software development, or sales teams. Its pre-built templates make teams more productive with dedicated prompts that a specific team in your organization would actually use.
For example, how much faster would your marketing work with AI prompts for email campaigns or brand management documents, or to use in the content creation process?
What if that same tool could help sales teams deliver better emails with succinct details from a built-in editor—so everyone can improve their overall communication skills?
It’s possible with ClickUp!
Explore more of ClickUp’s AI features and create your first workspace for free. While our AI assistant might not speak with a British accent, it does help everyone on your team accomplish work specific to their role—proving that friendly robots are closer than you think. 🤖