Writesonic can be a useful tool for teams that want to ramp up their content creation with the help of artificial intelligence (AI), but it’s not the only software of its kind out there. In 2023, you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to tools and apps designed to make writing, editing, and optimizing content easier.
In this article, we’ll cover the best Writesonic alternatives available today. We’ll share their features, benefits, limitations, pricing, and product ratings, so you can discover the best option for your needs.
Let’s explore the best Writesonic competitors on the market right now.
What Should You Look for In a Writesonic Alternative?
Before you jump ship to another AI writing tool, you first need to consider what you’re looking for.
Writesonic offers AI-driven content writing features like paraphrasing, article summarizing, text expanding, and product descriptions. Figure out which of these are must-haves for you, and build your shortlist around it.
Think about what you like about Writesonic and what you don’t. Some people enjoy the credits-based system, while others prefer a tool with unlimited words available. Writesonic’s extra features like image generators and chatbot builders might appeal to you, or you might prefer to ditch these and switch to a tool that puts all its focus on writing and collaboration instead.
Consider what you want your AI writing tool to do for you, and seek out options based on this.
The 10 Best Writesonic Alternatives to Use in 2023
These days we’re always in need of more content to fill our content calendars, and writing tools are one of the best ways to scale up. ClickUp offers you a way to speed up your writing process by having all your Docs, wikis, and files in one place—so you can streamline workflows and work more effectively.
ClickUp’s streamlined interface and built-in tools give you a fuss-free yet feature-rich place to work on high-quality content. Whether you’re outlining a new blog post or writing a process for a product launch, ClickUp’s word-processing software feels intuitive and easy to use.
Use templates to eliminate that blank page feeling, add formatting and style options, and see the word count and reading time. Collaborate with team members on edits in real-time or asynchronously, then share your content with stakeholders and freelancers with easy, shareable links.
With ClickUp being an incredible, multi-dimensional tool for productivity and collaboration, it’s definitely worth exploring as a solution to your team’s wider needs. Plus, ClickUp AI will transform the way you work on content in ClickUp forever.
ClickUp best features:
- Advanced styling and formatting options—embed bookmarks, add tables, and more
- Easy-to-use templates that help eliminate writer’s block
- See word count, character count, and reading time within your Docs
- Connect your Docs to your workflows for easier execution
- Add nested pages to create knowledge bases and wikis with ease
- Enjoy real-time editing and collaboration
- Categorize Docs and organize resources
- Create shareable links and manage permissions for different access levels
- Use alongside ClickUp’s other features to enhance your content creation process
- Integrations with over 1,000 of the best work tools available today
- ClickUp doesn’t yet have an AI copywriting tool—but this is coming very soon with ClickUp 3.0
- It can take a while to fully get to know all of ClickUp’s features and understand how to use them at their best
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (6,700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,600+ reviews)
Copy.ai was one of the first AI content generators on the market, and this writing tool continues to add new features as the technology develops. This AI writing assistant can help marketers, bloggers, and content creators write high-quality content for their blogs, Facebook and Google ad copy, product descriptions, landing pages, and faster—thanks to the help of AI.
Copy.ai best features:
- Intuitive, user-friendly interface
- Unlimited words instead of a credit-based system
- Access to 25+ languages with a paid subscription
- As with most AI tools, some users find the outputs lack creativity at times
- Some users wish there was a better way to document projects and files
- Free plan
- Pro: $49/month for 5 users
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Copy.ai ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.8/5 (160+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (50+ reviews)
Next on our list of Writesonic alternatives is Simplified. Simplified is designed to be an all-in-one destination for teams that want to embrace AI to scale. The app offers not only an AI writer for your content creation process but graphics, video editing, and AI social media features—all within one plan. This is handy for teams that want to streamline their experience.
Simplified best features:
- Useful drag-and-drop interface system
- Suggests related images that match your content
- Built-in approvals for a simplified workflow
- Some users report that the long-from content can feel repetitive
- Managing formatting can be tricky at times
- Free forever
- Small team: $30/month for 5 members
- Business: $50/month for 5 members
- Growth: $125/month for 5 members
Simplified ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (80+ reviews)
Alongside Copy.ai, Jasper AI (formerly known as Jarvis) rose to popularity as marketing teams and entrepreneurs started taking an interest in AI writing tools. Jasper’s focus is on brand voice and the app is designed to help you make the most of it by creating content that feels aligned with your tone of voice and writing style.
Jasper best features:
- Work collaboratively with real-time edits and team management features
- Scan your website to identify your tone of voice and create related long-form content
- Built-in plagiarism checker
- Jasper Art to generate AI art images
- There’s an extra monthly fee if you want to add Jasper Art to complement your writing
- Some users find the three-factor authentication inconvenient
- Creator: $49/month for 1 user
- Teams: $125/month for 3 users
- Business: Contact for pricing
Jasper ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (1,700+ reviews)
Rytr is an AI writing assistant designed to speed up the content writing process. This tool features over 40+ templates to help you write e-commerce copy, email copy, Facebook ad copy, product descriptions, and more—even if you’re not an expert content writer.
Rytr best features:
- User-friendly platform and interface
- Create assignments based on templates or your own goals and OKRs
- Built-in tone of voice and copywriting frameworks for long-form content and newsletters
- Sometimes the story theme and output don’t match
- Some users report that the output can end mid-thought, instead of at the end of a sentence when you generate content
- Saver: $9/month
- Unlimited: $29/month
Rytr ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (750+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (5+ reviews)
Wordtune is an AI-powered writing assistant designed to help you say what you mean in the best way possible. Wordtune focuses on helping as your AI writer that can also find spelling mistakes. This is a great option for content writers because it produces copy that’s not only optimized but feels personal and engaging, making it one of our top Writesonic alternatives.
Wordtune best features:
- Rewrite your own words to match your intent or goals for your blog post
- Improve your grammar and sentence structure
- Opportunity to add facts and cite sources with ease
- There’s no opportunity to set a specific tone of voice, which other apps offer
- Some users wish there was an API and more integrations with other software, like WordPress
- Premium: $24.99/month
- Premium for Teams: Contact for pricing
Wordtune ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (70+ reviews)
Anyword is an AI-powered copywriting software tool focused on helping you write different types of content designed to convert. This app’s strength lies in using predictive analytics and copy scoring to deliver copywriting with sales in mind.
Anyword best features:
- Rewrite content to make it more engaging and conversion-focused
- Built-in SEO optimization for blog content
- Analyze copy across your website, social media channels, and email marketing
- Some users wish there was a built-in citation service or feature
- There can be some repetition within generated content, especially at longer lengths
- Starter: $29/month
- Data-Driven: $99/month
- Anyword for Business: Contact for pricing
Anyword ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.8/5 (1,150+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (370+ reviews)
TextWizard helps teams create better marketing copy, thanks to AI-powered tools and features. The tool allows marketers to save time and scale quickly, with content designed to rank well in search engines. The tool is relatively new, with an easy-to-read product roadmap—made shareable and user-friendly with the help of ClickUp.
TextWizard best features:
- Create your own repeatable “generation recipes” based on your goals
- Generate long-form content, social media posts, elevator pitches, and more
- Repurpose existing content to scale at speed
- Some users wish there were more prompts for long-form content
- TextWizard isn’t as fully featured as other AI writing tools available today
- Pro: $49/month per user
- Team: $99/month per user
TextWizard ratings and reviews:
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
Ginger is an AI writing assistant designed to help individuals and teams write more confidently. This AI-backed tool helps correct grammar, makes suggestions on more engaging language, and adds style and flair to everyday content.
Ginger best features:
- Fix grammar and spelling mistakes in one click
- Rephrase your existing content to shorten sentences or make them more interesting
- Integrations with popular tools like Microsoft Word and Gmail
- Some users report compatibility challenges with the Microsoft Office suite
- Sometimes rephrasing can change the meaning or intent of a sentence
- Premium: $13.99/month
- Ginger Teams: $4.99/month per member
Ginger ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.3/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (80+ reviews)
10. Pepper Content
Pepper Content—formerly Pepper Type—is an AI-powered content marketing platform that brings teams, data, and content together to become a marketer’s go-to place for content creation and optimization. This tool used to be known as Peppertype AI, but the platform has since grown and added new features — and has a new name to match.
Pepper Content best features:
- Write optimized content with the SEO writing assistant
- Track keywords and support your SEO goals
- Seamless experience with Pepper AI and Pepper Docs for writing
Pepper Content limitations:
- Some users are disappointed with the change in direction from Peppertype’s origins
- Some users find the interface overwhelming at times
Pepper Content pricing:
- Premium: $399/month for 3 users
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Pepper Content ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.6/5 (470+ reviews)*
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (500+ reviews)*
*The majority of available reviews are only for Pepper Type.
Find the Right Writesonic Competitor for You
Writesonic is a great AI-powered writing tool, but there are other options out there. Use this guide to help you decide which Writesonic alternatives to shortlist and test in the pursuit of finding the ideal AI writing tool for you.
If you’re looking for a tool that does so much more than writing, give ClickUp a try. Our all-in-one platform blends writing with collaboration, productivity, task management, and more. Get in touch with our team or sign up for free and start exploring the features today.