Looking for the best goal tracking apps?
You probably have a thousand and one daily tasks and goals that you need to manage.
So, how do you set and track all these goals?
Sure, it’s easy to write down your goals and start working towards them, but it’s also easy to forget about them.
Your piece of paper doesn’t have built-in reminders or goal progress tracking features.
Luckily, goal tracking apps do (well at least the good ones).
But how do you know which apps are the good ones?
In this article, we’ll take a look at what a goal tracking app is and the seven best tools you can use, along with their features, pros, cons, and pricing.
Let’s get rolling!
What Are Goals Tracking Apps?
Goal trackers help individuals and teams set goals and track their progress towards those goals.
They give you a structured way to track and visualize your goal progress through features like dashboards and progress bars.
And if you have a habit of getting distracted like this:
So, if you are starting a business or worried about tracking your day-to-day goals, you are in the right place!
Habit tracking tools can send you reminders and notify you whenever your progress isn’t going according to schedule.
Your goal tracking app should also break down your ambitious goals into smaller tasks.
This way, you can work towards your ambitious goals in increments instead of trying to reach them all at once and not getting the best results.
Goal trackers are also an excellent tool for motivation.
With features like built-in reminders and checklists, you’re encouraged to reach your goals, and once you do, you can tick it off your goal or habit list #accomplishment👏
Looking for more team motivation? Here are 90 amazing teamwork quotes that are sure to keep your team inspired.
The 7 Best Goal-Tracking Apps In 2021
Here are the seven best goal tracker apps on the market today:
It’s widely used by 200,000+ highly productive teams, including global powerhouses like Google, Webflow, and Airbnb.
From helping you set mindful goals to improving your productivity, ClickUp is the perfect goal tracking app.
Here’s a detailed look at how ClickUp can help you:
Use Goals by ClickUp to set, edit, and track personal goals or business goals.
If your personal goal is breaking bad habits, just setting a goal isn’t gonna cut it. 😉
Your habit tracking app needs to let you add details to those goals.
Luckily, ClickUp lets you set Goal details like:
- The name of your goal
- The due date
- Who’s responsible for it
- Who can access the goal folder
- A breakdown of your goal
Need some goal inspiration? Check out this post on 9 examples of professional work goals.
Once you’ve set a specific Goal, you need to break it down into achievable targets. 💃
ClickUp lets you break down large Goals into smaller Targets that are easier to track. As you complete your Targets, you get closer to achieving your overall Goal!
How simple is that?!
ClickUp also offers different Target types:
- Number: Track the difference between any range of numbers
- True/False: These are Targets that are either done or not
- Currency: Keep track of your money
- Tasks: Track how many tasks or lists have been completed
C. Goal Folders
Once you’ve created a Goal, you can drop them into your neatly organized Goal Folders. For example, you can group multiple goals into one Folder for easy access.
And don’t worry, you can keep your Folders private or share it with a select group of people.
D. Weekly Scorecards
Use Weekly Scorecards for tracking goals on a weekly basis.
With Weekly Scorecards, your team can see what you’ll be working on, and you can see what everyone else in your team is working towards every week.
This way, no one can pretend they’re doing work when they’re not.
Not sure what team goals you should be setting? Here are 7 steps that will help you set efficient team goals.
In order to track your Goals properly, you can’t just rely on what people say; you need to be able to see everything that’s going on.
With Dashboards, you get a high-level overview of all that’s happening in your Workspace.
You can also add Widgets to your Dashboard to gain insight into Tasks, Goals, Projects, and so much more.
Here are some of the different types of Widgets you can add to your Dashboards:
Looking for a productivity tool to make your team more productive? Here’s a list of 32 productivity apps that will help your team get more done.
- Powerful free version with unlimited users
- Easy-to-use user interface with online and offline mode
- Collaborate in real-time with in-house and remote teams with Docs
- Discuss tasks or have water-cooler chats using Chat View
- Multiple Views to adapt to Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or any project style
- Customized Task Statuses for your project needs
- Powerful Project Templates
- 50+ Task Automations to streamline workflows
- Task Dependencies helps teams complete tasks in the right order
- Integrates with several third-party software like Evernote, Time Doctor, Salesforce, and more
- Add and manage tasks using our Mobile Apps (available on iPad, iPhone, and Android)
- Supports Apple, Windows, and Linux platforms
- Can’t export Dashboards
ClickUp has a powerful free plan for unlimited users with paid versions starting at just $5 per user/month.
Strides is a flexible goal setting app that lets you track good and bad habits and SMART goals.
But will you really make strides with this app?
Let’s find out:
Strides key features
- Use dashboards to view all your goals and habits
- Use a tracker template to set a SMART goal
- View progress bars over streaks, success rates, calendars, line charts, and lots more
- Track goals and see your goal progress, so you know where to focus
- You can set reminders and specify which actions you want to become a habit
- Your account is constantly synchronized across all devices so that you can check your latest statistics at all time
- Your failed goals are highlighted in red and successful goals highlighted in green so you can easily see your achievements
- The goal streak feature is great for motivation
- There is no reward system to keep you coming back and achieving your goals
- The app is suitable for individuals not teams
- The app is only available for iOS users
- This goal tracking app has very basic project tracking capabilities
This goal tracker has a free version and its paid plan starts at $4.99/user per month.
Weekdone is a goal setting app with OKR features. The app has one-on-ones and weekly check-ins to boost employee morale.
Let’s see how much of a boost this app actually gives you:
Weekdone key features
- Easily set, manage, and track long-term objectives
- Access real-time dashboards and metrics at any time.
- Weekly check-ins to track goal progress
- Goal hierarchy feature lets teams visualize things and contribute to large company goals
- Use real-time dashboards to see if everyone is on track with their goals
- Reporting and analytics to view trend reports and changes in team performance weekly
- Use private notes to jot down personal reminders like adding a new habit
- Only supports up to three people in the free plan
- Setting up the app and creating teams can be challenging for new users
- There are no monthly progress reports (only weekly reports)
This goal tracking app has a free plan, and its paid plan starts at $90 for 4–10 users when billed annually.
Coach.me is a habit tracker with a unique community feature.
If you set a public goal, other people can see that you’re participating in that goal and you can see who else is attempting to complete the goals you’re working on.
But how good is this app’s coaching skills?
Let’s take a look:
Coach.me key features
- There are experienced coaches who provide users with personal help and advice
- Has multiple training modules to help you get used to the app
- Built-in habit tracking app
- Step-by-step plans and milestones checking
- Available as an Android app and iOS app
- Build and improve your own coaching business through their directory and referral program
- You can set goals and reminders
- It’s a great app if you want to achieve personal development within a community
- You can’t set a habit to recur weekly or on certain days only, making it challenging to develop a regular habit
- The personal coach feature is expensive
- Limited project tracking functionality
The app is free to download and use, but if you want a personal coach, it’ll cost you $25/week.
5. Way of Life
Way of Life is a goal tracker app that helps users build on their goals and break any bad habit. The app is well-known for its simplicity and beautiful design.
But will this app suit your way of life?
Way of Life key features
- Track any daily goal or routine using the unique color-coded system
- There are reminders to keep you on track until a positive habit is formed or a bad habit is broken
- Use the diary function to quickly jot down what triggered a bad habit
Way of Life pros
- See the bigger picture with charts that let you easily spot positive and negative trends ranging over weeks, months or even year
- Good habit tracking functionalities
- The app is easy to use. Just a screen with your habits, yes or no questions, red and green and a few graphics
Way of Life drawbacks
- You can only track three goals in the free plan
- There is no way to track how close you are to achieving a goal. There’s only a yes or no option
- No feature to track OKRs or KPIs
Way of Life pricing
This goal tracker has a free version and the premium version starts at $4.99/user per month.
6. Joe’s Goals
Joe’s goals is an online goal tracking web page that lets users track as many goals as they want. It was voted the best goal tracking app by Lifehacker in 2012.
Then, again, that was back in 2012!
Let’s see if this simple goal tracker is still decent after eight years:
Joe’s Goals key features
- Add custom checklists for your goals
- Use Joe’s logbook to jot down your activities and goals
- You can place multiple checks on the same goal for those extra-productive days
Joe’s Goals pros
- Keep track of your progress with your daily score
- You can also create negative goals so you can keep develop better habits and get rid of the bad ones
- You can set unlimited goals and unlimited habits and update them from a single interface
Joe’s Goals drawbacks
- Can’t be accessed without an internet connection
- The app’s layout isn’t visually appealing
- There are multiple ads
- No real project goal tracking capabilities
Joe’s Goals pricing
This online habit tracker is free.
GoalsOnTrack is a habit tracker app that lets you break down large goals into smaller, achievable goals.
How much can you really achieve with this app?
Let’s find out:
GoalsOnTrack key features
- Use the goal dashboard to view of all your goal targets, daily tasks and the habits you want to keep
- You can evaluate your goal with a form to make sure your goal is a SMART goal
- You can keep track of any long term goal by splitting it into subgoals, tasks and outcomes.
- The app supports multi-level goal structures
- The app is mobile-friendly
- There’s a built-in time tracker
- The app has task management features: you can add and complete tasks to make progress toward your goal
- Not a free app
- Requires an internet connection
- The app has limited goal visualization features.
This habit tracker costs $68/user annually.
Keep Score Of Your Goals ⚽
Goal tracking apps encourage team members to achieve team goals by reminding them about what they should do and displaying their real-time progress.
Goal tracking apps also break down your large goals into smaller, do-able tasks. This way, the steps towards your goals are clearly defined and more achievable.
And although we did mention some decent goal tracking tools in this article, ClickUp is the perfect app for goal management.
With features that help you develop good habits to features that automatically set goals for specific days, ClickUp offers teams everything they need for goal achievement and daily habit management.
So Get ClickUp for free today to never lose sight of a single goal again!