12 Best Marketing Agency Software in 2023
A good digital marketing software in your agency’s toolbelt is necessary in today’s digitally driven world, and more options are available than ever.
Marketing software and business tools can be powerful options to help your agency reach a wider audience with less effort. We’re talking about software that greatly impacts your workflow, provides great ROI and even helps with content creation.
So how do you decide which software is right for you and your marketing team?
To help you make the best-informed decision, we’ve rounded up 12 of the best software on the market today. Dive in to learn about each tool’s best features, limitations, pricing, and reviews!
- What is Marketing Software?
- Benefits of Using Marketing Software
- 12 Best Marketing Agency Software for Your Business in 2023
- Improving Your Agency’s Processes With Marketing Software
What is Marketing Software?
Marketing software provides marketing teams with high-quality services—whether for branding, setting KPIs, or content or project management. These tools help them plan and track projects or analyze their campaign’s marketing data to ensure smooth sailing.
Simply put, marketing software is one of the easiest ways to ensure and show your team puts their best foot forward when creating content for any client’s marketing efforts, whether launching new marketing campaigns, trying new social media platforms, or analyzing customer journeys.
Benefits of Using Marketing Software
In its State of Marketing Trends Report 2020, HubSpot found that 91% of marketers felt “somewhat confident” or “very confident” when investing in products that influenced revenue. However, nearly 25% of marketers weren’t reporting how their campaigns affected revenue.
Marketing software helps connect these dots by providing essential data on the campaigns that lead to client acquisition, assist with search engine optimization (SEO), and improve workflow management.
Additionally, here are a few other key benefits of using marketing tools for your agency:
- Manage multiple projects and clients with unique campaigns
- Automate and streamline your workflow processes
- Flexibility and advanced features to help you launch and manage marketing campaigns
- Provide valuable performance data and insights from marketing campaigns
- Give you the confidence to make more informed business decisions
- Get access to templates for managing campaign calendars, campaign tracking, and more
But that isn’t all.
Imagine how messy things could get if marketing teams hadn’t access tools like project management software to keep projects going. Or how tedious it would be to create and send email marketing newsletters manually, set up landing pages, or generate new branded content.
So, let’s talk about how and what you can improve by implementing project management and digital marketing tools to level up your marketing efforts and win more clients.
12 Best Marketing Agency Software for Your Business in 2023
Let’s get into 12 of the best marketing agency management software available today!
Best for project management and team collaboration
First up is ClickUp—an all-in-one project management and productivity tool designed for every type of team across industries, including marketing agencies.
Best known for its fully customizable platform, teams can configure ClickUp to fit their unique workflow and adjust it as their business scales. This level of flexibility gives marketing agencies and any team the ability to create streamlined processes, improve visibility into key projects and timelines, put marketing plans into action, and enhance team collaboration and productivity.
With hundreds of customizable features and a robust Hierarchy structure, teams can work on multiple projects and clients and keep their work organized at all times. Use Spaces, Folders, and Lists to organize and separate your work for each client, ensure you can get a high-level overview of all projects, and know exactly where each detail fits in your clients’ projects.
What makes ClickUp one of the best project management software for marketing agencies is its collaboration features. It’s packed with features like ClickUp Docs, Whiteboards, assigned comments, Custom Statuses, built-in Chat view, proofing and annotation, and so much more to allow your internal teams and clients to keep communication streamlined and speed up the feedback process.
And with its privacy, permissions, and sharing controls, marketing agencies can invite clients into ClickUp as a guest and set what they’re allowed to see in your Workspace and ensure sensitive information remain private.
ClickUp also integrates with over 1,000 work tools. Connect your most important marketing tools together to simplify your workflow and manage multiple clients and projects with ease.
- 15+ custom views: view your work, your way, including Board, Calendar, and Workload view
- Custom Fields and Custom Statuses: Add as many Custom Fields as needed to give your team and clients the context they need to get on the same page and create Custom Statuses to help track progress
- Custom workflow automation: Use pre-built automation or create your own to streamline and put your processes on auto-pilot
- Digital Whiteboards: Map out your marketing strategy in ClickUp Whiteboards and connect them to your work
- Collaborative Docs: Create marketing proposals, plan marketing activities, and more and share them with your team and clients via a public or private link
- Customizable templates: Get access to a library of marketing templates and more
- Integration capabilities: Integrate ClickUp to over 1,000 other work tools, including Hubspot, Gmail, and Slack
- Custom Dashboard with real-time reporting: Create your ideal dashboard and get a high-level overview of your work, resources, and more
- Learning curve due to the number of available features
- No Table view in the mobile app
- Free Forever: Feature-rich free plan
- Unlimited: $5 per month/user
- Business: $12 per month/user
- Business Plus: $19 per month/user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- G2: 4.7 out of 5 (4,780+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 out of 5 (3,070+ reviews)
Best for CRM and inbound marketing
HubSpot is well known for its CRM tools, but it also offers a marketing automation tool that handles almost everything.
HubSpot keeps all your marketing activities connected and organized by customers, making it a great fit for agencies. From the time a client fills out a form on your website to their latest phone call with customer support—it gives you insights into how and who has been interacting with your team.
Its marketing tools range from ways to help you build forms and email campaign management to other tools for tracking conversion rates and interactions for your client’s campaigns.
- CMS system with built-in SEO recommendations
- Analytics tools for email campaigns, landing pages, and other outreach
- Free blog maker plus create other websites with their drag-and-drop builder
- Integrations with thousands of other apps and programs
- A drag-and-drop website builder
- The free version includes HubSpot branding on certain features
- Lots of different tools, but less customization as a tradeoff
- Free foundational tools are available
- Marketing Hub
- Professional: Starts at $890 per month
- Enterprise: Starts at $3,600 per month
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 (9,180+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5 out of 5 (5,272+ reviews)
Best for SEO optimization and researching content ideas
Semrush is all about SEO. You can use it to perform a website audit for your clients to see how they’re doing compared to competitors, check for weak points in their current SEO strategy, and even research keywords to help you develop new content ideas.
Semrush can help you enhance your SEO strategies to get the best results.
- A huge selection of keyword reports and SEO tools
- Compare with specific websites or across the industry
- Similar phrase and question reports help with keyword research
- Limited to Google data; doesn’t incorporate other search engines
- Can only run five campaigns in the free plan
- Free plan with limited reports
- Pro: $119.95 per month
- Guru: $229.95 per month
- Business: $449.95 per month
- G2: 4.6 out of 5 (1,667+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 out of 5 (1,981+ reviews)
Best for SEO optimization
Ahrefs has been one of the most popular SEO tools around for years, and here’s why. With its analytics tools crawling the internet, Ahrefs has access to insightful data on SEO performance.
You can see how a client’s website is performing, run competitor research, and take steps to emulate successful strategies. Ahrefs also has an extensive library of learning material to help you make the most of its tools.
- Proprietary SEO analytics
- Customizable reports on specific pages, subdomains, and performance updates
- The Content Gap feature helps you discover areas where your client could use additional content
- Keyword recommendations can sometimes have low volume
- Limitations on exporting data
- Limited free plan
- Lite: Starts at $99 per month
- Standard: Starts at $199 per month
- Advanced: Starts at $399 per month
- G2: 4.6 out of 5 (446+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 out of 5 (458+ reviews)
5. Google Analytics
Best for ad management, tracking trends, and measuring performance
Google Analytics is another marketing solution that’s been around for years. It can be deceptively simple, but it provides hundreds of unique reports and insights into a wide range of data. You can track the performance of a client’s website, including keeping an eye on their inbound marketing.
However, the real star is the Google ads reports. You can see how your client’s paid search performs, track how it compares to other channels, how much revenue it brings in, and other useful data.
- Track Google ads spending
- View customizable reports based on your metrics
- Break down by country, device, engagement time, and more
- It can be difficult to get started with and navigate all the different dashboards
- Higher learning curve; some users find the interface difficult to use
- G2: 4.5 out of 5 (5,949+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 out of 5 (7,335+ reviews)
Best for social media management
NapoleonCat is a social media management platform. It helps you keep track of a client’s engagement and social media sales, analyze their various accounts, and follow up with their subscribers from one inbox.
You can track clients’ performance on major platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and generate reports based on this data.
- Link multiple accounts to one inbox
- Automate replies and postings to social media
- Track individual posts and compare them to previous levels of engagement
- Can sometimes lose connections to specific pages on accounts
- Data available varies by social media platform
- Free 14-day trial
- Standard: $25.82 per month, billed annually
- Pro: $63.31 per month, billed annually
- Custom: Contact for pricing
- G2: 4.8 out of 5 (58+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 out of 5 (45+ reviews)
Best for graphic design tool
Canva makes it easy to create unique and personalized content. Its drag-and-drop editor allows you to create social media images, infographics, and videos or choose from hundreds of other templates for your agency.
With Canva, you can be sure all your images are the right size, easily keep your work on brand for each client, and even collaborate with others using its team feature. That is especially great if your clients prefer a more hands-on approach.
- Drag-and-drop editor
- A library of easy-to-use and customizable templates
- Invite collaborators and clients to your account and work on projects together
- Limited design options on the free plan, especially for video editing
- Export options are limited
- Canva Free: Free
- Canva Pro: $119.99 per year for one person
- Canva for Teams: $149.90 per year for the first five people
- G2: 4.7 out of 5 (3,796+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 out of 5 (10,826+ reviews)
8. Sprout Social
Best for social media management
Sprout Social is another great social media-focused marketing software with more emphasis on driving sales. It helps you track your clients’ performance across different platforms and analyze which of these sites bring in the most traffic, revenue, and increased engagement.
It also helps you figure out the best time to post content on their platforms to reach the largest audience, measure how it performs, and provide cross-network analytics and powerful segmentation for each platform.
- Paid promotion analytics
- One of the few options with TikTok tools
- Focus on revenue, not just user engagement
- Can run into errors when one platform’s rules don’t align with others (e.g., max characters on Twitter vs. Instagram)
- Adding additional users can be difficult
- Free 30-day trial
- Standard: $249 per month (each additional user +$199 per month)
- Professional: $399 per month (each additional user +$299 per month)
- Advanced: $499 per month (each additional user +$349 per month)
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- G2: 4.3 out of 5 (2,043+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4 out of 5 (524+ reviews)
9. AdStage (TapClicks)
Best for cross-platform ad management
AdStage, recently acquired by TapClicks, is your one-stop source for all your advertising analytics. The marketing software compares your clients’ campaigns across most top ad networks, including Google, Facebook, Spotify, and Bing.
AdStage also helps you automate your advertising. You can set up rules, ad rotation, and schedules within the program.
- Integrates with most major ad networks
- Can export data to multiple tools, including Google Books
- Easy to compare data between networks in one place
- Can be a bit slow to gather all of the third-party data
- Support for smaller networks is limited
- Free 14-day trial
- Contact for pricing
- G2: 4.3 out of 5 (95+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5 out of 5 (13+ reviews)
10. ZoomInfo SalesOS
Best for lead generation
ZoomInfo SalesOS is a B2B-focused marketing platform that helps you identify the best leads for your clients. You can track visitors to their websites, see which competitors their visitors check out, and automate their outreach for them.
Its automation helps them qualify and reach out to only the leads who are most likely to convert. ZoomInfo also integrates with your CRM, helping keep your data up to date and an eye on any existing customers that might be ready to convert again.
- Lead tracking and qualifying
- Automated outreach based on customizable workflows
- Integrates with many CRMs and other communication tools
- The information available for smaller or new companies can be limited
- Contact information is sometimes repeated or outdated
- Free trial available
- Contact for pricing
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 (6,280+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2 out of 5 (233+ reviews)
Best for email search solutions, outreach, and lead generation
Hunter is an email finder and cold outreach solution that helps with everything from finding and verifying email addresses to sending personalized emails and tracking campaign performance.
Make the most of your outreach efforts by using Hunter to help you automate your cold sequences and get better results through smart personalization. Its bulk tasks features save time, allowing you and your clients to find and verify email addresses from huge lists.
- Helps find and verify email addresses
- Lets you send personalized email campaigns at a scale
- The bulk task feature helps you deal with email lists
- Need a domain-based email to access the tool
- Emails sometimes bounce
- Free version with limited credits
- Starter: $49 per month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 (462+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6 out of 5 (557+ reviews)
Best for workflow automation and lead generation
Paperform is more than a form builder. It’s a digital Swiss Army knife for small businesses with the ideal balance of beauty and brains.
You can use it to design lead generation forms and surveys, but you can also create bespoke landing pages, lead magnet popups, and even build dedicated apps for your client’s businesses.
Paperform empowers you to create a range of automated workflows. Plus, it integrates with thousands of tools like Google Drive, Slack, Dropbox, monday.com, and Notion. With an intuitive interface and versatile features, Paperform is one of the most flexible workflow apps available.
- Build automated, on-brand workflows, surveys, and forms
- Integrates with thousands of tools, allowing you to accept payments or automatically schedule meetings
- Easy-to-use editor with templates and the ability to customize most features
- While you can customize a lot, you can’t automatically apply these changes across your forms
- Limited direct integrations with other platforms
- Free 14-day trial
- Essentials: $20 per month
- Pro: $40 per month
- Agency: $135 per month
- G2: 4.5 out of 5 (41+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8 out of 5 (84+ reviews)
Improving Your Agency’s Processes With Marketing Software
Marketing software can assist with many different parts of your agency’s marketing process. Before we dive into the best marketing software for agencies, here are some of the areas you can find a dedicated software solution:
- Project management: These tools will help you define a campaign’s goal, manage the entire team involved in the project, keep track of the different workflows in a campaign, and connect with staff across departments and time zones
- Customer service: This includes tools like customer support chatbots, knowledge centers, and help desk automation. Good customer service can improve customer retention and build repeat customers, especially if integrated with a CRM (customer relationship management software)
- Content creation: Whether it’s a new website, email newsletter, social media post, or demo video, content is vital to your client’s brands. In fact, the Content Marketing Institute found 81% of respondents view content as a core business strategy. Create content consistently and keep track of how it performs with marketing software
- Social media management: Do you want more control over when your social media posts are published? Need a way to track interactions with a client’s small business? Social media management tools can help you manage your agency’s many channels
- Ads: While Insider Intelligence does project a slight slowdown in digital ad spending, it still predicts digital ad spending worldwide to reach over $567 billion in 2022. This huge, fiercely competitive market requires near-constant attention and tracking to ensure your ad dollars provide the best return on investment
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Another hot-button topic, SEO, is a big focus for many brands. You can find the right tools to help you with SEO for websites or social media marketing and use this to help you reach your clients’ marketing goals
- Lead generation: This one can be slightly trickier. Lead generation can include tracking email click-through rate (CTR), accessing customer data, website interactions, social media connections, and other lead management tools
Finding the Best Marketing Tools for Your Agency
Finding the right marketing software for your marketing agency can be challenging, but comprehensive tools can help launch, track, and analyze your campaigns much easier.
The tools listed above all have a unique set of features and can help with different aspects of marketing, so experiment with a few different tools until you find a good match and combination.
And if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, then ClickUp is for you.
With its fully customizable platform, project management features, and collaboration tools, you and your team will be fully equipped to handle all your projects, campaigns, conversations, and more, all in one place.
It also offers a library of marketing templates and integrates with some of the best marketing management tools like Hubspot to streamline your workflow and operate with efficiency.
It’s to get started—try it out for yourself and make the most of your marketing efforts today and on!
Autumn Witter is a graduate of the illustrious Howard University, is an Associate Marketing Manager and SEO Strategist on HubSpot’s Link Building team.
Questions? Comments? Visit our Help Center for support.