Copy AI is a tech tool that lets content teams save time and produce higher-converting content. As with most other AI writing tools on the market, they’re fairly new to the game—but they’ve already made a name for themselves.
Users love that Copy AI makes it easy to brainstorm a company tagline, simplify cold email outreach, and draft programmatic SEO blog posts. Among the best features are the idea-generation tools, which overcome writer’s block and let you sketch out new content ideas in a jiffy.
While useful, Copy AI falls flat if you like to feed tons of information into your AI prompts. The limited input options make it less useful for thought leadership posts and in-depth research content.
But they’re not the only game in town. 👀
This guide goes over the best Copy AI alternatives, including details on the top features, limitations, pricing, and reviews of each competitor so you can snag the best tool for your team.
What Should You Look for In Copy AI Alternatives?
Choosing AI content creation tools is one of the fastest ways to game productivity, but it’s not always easy to figure out which option will be at home with your team’s style. Finding the right features while also balancing your budget makes the process tricky. Simplify the process by asking yourself:
- Does the free version of the content generation tool meet my needs? Do I need to upgrade to a higher tier and how will this affect my budget?
- Will the whole company use AI writing tools? Just a few departments? Only a few team members?
- What types of content will you use the tool to generate? Do you need integrations with other apps and products that are vital to your business?
- Does the potential tool offer features that are most important to your content goals?
The best Copy AI alternatives will vary depending on your priorities, how you use the tools in your day-to-day business, and your budget needs. Read on to find a breakdown of the best Copy AI competitors that will make your decision easier (and faster!).🙌
The 10 Best Copy AI Alternatives to Use in 2023
Ready? Set? Go! Here are the best Copy AI alternatives to drive productivity and make your worker bees even more successful. 🐝
We obviously rave about ClickUp, but we’re not the only ones! Our AI tools have the hive buzzing, with business news magazines like Fast Company offering praise for the functionality and productivity boosts our tools offer.
And it’s no surprise why.
ClickUp AI is a writing assistant used by a wide range of departments to create content that drives business. Sales teams will love using the tool to draft outreach emails, while product and engineering teams use it to create test plans and user studies. Marketing teams save time by creating briefs for writers and drafting case studies to support marketing campaigns.
Whether you’re generating ideas, writing copy for landing pages, or creating long-form content for your target audience, ClickUp AI’s writing assistant makes you more efficient. Instead of spending 30 minutes coming up with ideas, plug in a few sentences and you’ll have new insights in seconds. That frees up your time to focus on other tasks at hand.📚
ClickUp best features
- Paid users have access to more than 100 research-based tools that are tailored to specific departments within the company. After choosing from the various department tools, choose dropdowns for tone of voice and inputs to create the type of content you need
- Easily access the AI tool by typing /AI and instantly start generating ideas and writing content on a specific topic
- Generate action items to easily assign tasks to other members of the team and streamline your short or long-form content creation process
- Use the ClickUp AI Toolbar to improve your writing simply by highlighting any text within ClickUp. The tool works its magic in seconds, offering suggestions to make the content shorter or longer, or improve spelling and grammar
- AI text generation
- Not all views are available on mobile…yet
- The ClickUp Free Forever plan only offers 5 Spaces, making it challenging for teams (but you can get a free trial of a paid plan)
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (6,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,500+ reviews)
The Jasper AI copywriting tool is a content creation tool that claims you’ll spend 80% less time on drafts than before—a dream for content creators and marketing teams.
As with most AI copywriting tools, they’re always working on their products. They’ve sunsetted the previous Boss Mode and Starter plans and now have three different tiers for users to choose from. That makes it easier to find an option that suits your budget.
This Copy AI alternative integrates with Google Chrome for quick content creation. Browse through their template library where you’ll find layouts for more than 50 different use cases—whether it’s long-form content, copy for Google ads, written content for email, or product descriptions.
Jasper best features
- The tool allows you to input your desired tone of voice, making it easy to integrate your branding and style into each piece of content
- Easily improve grammar, spelling, and sentence structure with the rephrase tool and document editor settings on the website. It also integrates with Grammarly so you can incorporate grammar and plagiarism checks directly into your Jasper-generated content without having to switch tabs
- Five templates make it simple to create a wide range of content, including blog posts, product reviews, ad copy, photo captions, and emails
- Help your content rank on search engines using the SEO keyword input tool, which tracks up to three keywords throughout your content
- There isn’t an offline mode, so you can’t work on things when you’re not connected to the internet
- Pricing tends to be higher than some competitors, and you’ll still have to pay for add-ons, even with high-tier plans
- Creator: Starting at $39/month (one user)
- Teams: Starting at $99/month (three users, with an option to add up to seven more)
- Business: Custom pricing (for 10 team members or more)
Jasper ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (1,700+ reviews)
Copysmith is an e-commerce copywriting software tool that helps you boost sales with high-quality content. The AI writer uses GPT-3 technology to generate written material ranging from long-form content like SEO-optimized blog articles to marketing copy like emails and presentations.
Copysmith’s features let you show who you are as a company in the way you want to. With a few clicks, you can generate content in your brand’s tone of voice. Then make it even more personal by asking this copy AI alternative to create content specifically for your audience based on location, engagement rate, and interests.
Copysmith best features
- Copysmith offers dozens of integrations with popular tools, including Shopify, Zapier, Magento, Amazon, and more
- Their API integration allows you to develop your own solutions to hack productivity and drive your business
- Their focus on e-commerce copywriting makes it easy for business owners to create bulk product descriptions, FAQs, and product briefs in minutes
- Use the brand voice and SEO tools to optimize your products for sale on your own Shopify site or affiliate sites like Amazon
- Intuitive interface is streamlined and easy to navigate so there isn’t a steep learning curve to use the product
- The Starter plan limits users to 20,000 generated words per month, and bulk product content generation is only available at the Pro pricing tier
- There’s no free plan—but there is an option for a free trial
- Some users encounter bugs where the AI tool doesn’t interpret their keywords or prompts correctly
- The tool is good at producing creative content but still requires stringent fact-checking
- Starter: $19/month
- Pro: $49/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Copysmith ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (20+ reviews)
Writesonic’s AI writing tool speeds up project execution by reducing the time it takes you to come up with ideas and write content. Using GPT-4 for all paid plans, you’ll have the latest technology at your fingertips.✨
Their features are broken down to focus on marketing teams, e-commerce sites, entrepreneurs, and writers. Whether you’re creating a landing page to help users understand your business, highlighting the benefits of a specific product, or drafting a blog post to explain complex concepts, Writesonic’s tool saves time and makes your team more efficient.
Writesonic best features
- With more than 100 features, including a plagiarism checker, voice commands, and text-to-art capabilities, there are dozens of ways to improve your content
- GPT-4 technology lets you write about current events, which weren’t up-to-date with previous versions like GPT-3
- Google Chrome extensions and integrations with Twitter, LinkedIn, and more mean it’s never been easier to repurpose your content across channels
- A vast template library has just about every type of content you want to create, saving you more time when it comes to outlines and layouts
- The free trial pricing plan is limited to one user
- You have to use credits for each type of content you’re creating, making it hard to plan ahead for large batches of content (check out these Writesonic alternatives!)
- Free trial: One user allowed up to 10,000 words
- Long-form: Starting at $12.67/month for one user using up to 60,000 words
- Custom: Special pricing for teams and businesses
Writesonic ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (1,700+ reviews)
Anyword is an AI writing tool designed for bloggers and marketers. This tool makes it easy to create performance marketing content like PPC campaigns as well as traditional content marketing pieces including blogs, landing pages, and emails.
A more pared-down Copy AI alternative, this tool is ideal for small businesses and individuals that are focused on using artificial intelligence-generated content to boost traffic and conversions. The simple tool isn’t bogged down by hundreds of integrations and special features. It’s a straightforward approach to generating marketing-focused content.
Anyword best features
- Anyword’s scoring tool lets you evaluate titles, paragraphs, and subject lines to easily select the one that is most likely to perform the best
- Four different modes—including AIDA, PAS, List, and Creative—make it easy to ideate and structure content the way you want it
- The clean interface is easy to use, even for beginners who’ve never played with an AI writer before
- The tool is creative but requires plenty of fact-checking
- Some users found the plagiarism-checker feature wasn’t always accurate and required oversight
- There are no unlimited pricing plans
- Starter: Starting at $24/month
- Data-Driven: Starting at $83/month
Anyword ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (1,100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (360+ reviews)
Nichesss is an AI technology writing tool designed for content marketers and social media managers to boost their productivity. The machine learning tool offers 150 templates to create everything from long-form blog posts and meta descriptions to Google Ads and content briefs.
Add this content tool to your workflow automation to free up time to work on other projects and produce content faster.🛠️
Nichesss best features
- Niche reports set this AI tool apart from the rest. Use this feature to find potential customers, and identify different segments of your target audience to create the most informative content
- Browse by business type to identify different types of content and what users in those audiences are looking for
- The long-form content editor enables you to create large blog posts in seconds
- The algorithm doesn’t process data as well as a human, so you’ll need to do revisions and fact-checking on each piece of content
- Users found they needed to use a third-party plagiarism checker to ensure the content was original
- The free trial can be a bit limited
- Rookie: $19/month
- Intermediate: $39/month
- Pro: $99/month
Nichesss ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (4 reviews)
- Capterra: NA
This AI writing assistant from Peppertype is designed for freelancers and small content-writing teams but is also used by larger content-production teams. Tackle writer’s block and come up with new ideas in minutes, and then use this Copy AI alternative to draft content for social media posts, blogs, product descriptions, and more.
Peppertype best features
- The plagiarism checker, grammar tool, and style editor let you craft informative, fun-to-read content without a lot of hassle
- Engagement metrics and automated audits show you what pieces of content perform well to boost conversions and make your content more engaging
- Integrations with WordPress make publishing long-form content when you’re ready a breeze
- Track content ROI and meet KPIs in the intuitive dashboard
- Pricing plans are more expensive than other Copy AI alternatives (but it does include a free trial option)
- There are content limitations, and there is no customer success manager to offer additional support
- Premium: $399/month including three users, then $49/month per each additional user
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for larger businesses
Peppertype ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (500+ reviews)
Dashword is an AI content generator that enables users to create briefs, optimize content, and monitor success all in one place. This Copy AI alternative is best suited for teams that are looking to create blog posts and long-form SEO content. It features a simple dashboard and interface, eliminating fancy add-ons and features that freelancers and bloggers don’t need.
Dashword best features
- The Content Brief Builder displays competitor’s outlines, keywords, and FAQs to develop content ideas and layouts
- Optimization is easier—and faster than ever since you get real-time feedback on SEO keywords and content quality right in the app
- Identify under-performing posts and track keyword ranks after publishing using the Content Monitoring tool
- There are only two pricing plans, so there’s no room for customization for teams
- The simplicity of the tool is a benefit for some, but limits teams that want to create content besides long-form content blog posts
- Startup: $99/month
- Business: Starting at $349/month
Dashword ratings and reviews
- G2: NA
- Capterra: NA
Rytr offers an AI writing tool that’s been used by more than 5 million people, including copywriters, entrepreneurs, and individuals. The interface is quick and easy to use.
Start by creating a use case—like a blog post, social media template, or advertising email. Next, add some contextual input or a prompt and have this Copy AI alternative write your content in seconds.
Rytr best features
- Over 40 use cases and templates make it easy to craft a wide range of content for different audiences
- Nail your tone of voice thanks to 20+ voice options
- Use copywriting formulas like PAS and AIDA to generate content that requires less editing from your team
- The AI writing tool features 30 different languages to create content for audiences at home or abroad 🌏
- Character limits mean you can’t create as much content as you may want to
- The unlimited plan only allows one user
- The tool doesn’t create web descriptions or email campaigns
- Saver: $9/month
- Unlimited: $29/month
Rytr ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (9 reviews)
ClosersCopy is an AI writing tool designed for marketers and content writers looking to craft SEO blog posts and other marketing copy. This Copy AI alternative uses its own artificial intelligence to generate content, meaning you’ll likely get different results than if you use a tool trained on GPT. With more than 700 frameworks, your options are nearly endless for crafting unique content that serves your readers.
ClosersCopy best features
- The large library of 50+ templates in 127 languages lets you create different types of content in minutes
- Instead of GPT-3, they use their own proprietary AI algorithm to create unique content (great for product descriptions and to generate ad copy) you won’t find on other sites
- The insights function is limited, making it hard to get an in-depth overview of how content is performing
- No grammar or plagiarism checkers means you need to do more of the heavy lifting when it comes to editing
- Power: $49.99/month
- SuperPower: $79.99/month
- Super Power Squad: $99.99/month
ClosersCopy ratings and reviews
- G2: 3.8/5 (7 reviews)
- Capterra: NA
Save Time While Writing Great Content With the Best Copy AI Alternative
Writing great content isn’t as hard as it once was thanks to AI copywriting software. With these machine learning tools, you’ll write more content, faster—expanding your reach and driving conversions on your site.
When choosing an AI Copy alternative, make sure it has features that will surely boost your productivity. Download the ClickUp app today and start creating quality content in a fraction of the time with our AI writing assistant tool.
Questions? Comments? Visit our Help Center for support.