Top 6 Toodledo Alternatives & Competitors (Features, Limitations, Pricing)
Toodledo is a great to-do list app that markets itself as “more than a to-do list.”
Unfortunately, that “more” involves giving you some basic task management features for free.
And here’s another problem.
Every team needs a task management app that can do more than just basic note-taking.
So is Toodledo really more than just a to-do list? 🤷
Because of this, many teams have started saying “toodles!” to Toodledo, just like you!
In this article, we’ll go over what Toodledo is and why you need an alternative. Then, we’ll highlight six Toodledo alternatives to help you make the best choice.
Let’s check out some note-worthy Toodledo alternatives. 📝
Why You Need a Toodledo Alternative
Toodledo is a task management app that helps individuals and teams manage their daily tasks and some complex projects.
Here are some of the things you can do with Toodledo:
- Create to-do lists
- Create tasks and subtasks
- Use the built-in timer to record time spent on a project
- Set reminders
- Record your progress in graphs and charts
While those features sound great, Toodledo still has a few limitations:
1. Limited free version
Toodledo’s free version only has basic project management and team collaboration features. For example, the free plan doesn’t offer subtasks or progress tracking graphs.
On top of that, the free plan only offers simple alarms and limits you to one collaborator.
We’re not sure which one is more frustrating: only having one teammate or not being able to choose custom alarms! ⏰
2. Limited project views
Multiple project views give you a unique perspective on your work, which is essential for agile teams.
And with Toodledo, you’ll miss out on kanban boards.
Kanban boards help you visualize your projects, manage resources, and move tasks around with ease. On top of that, Toodledo doesn’t offer gantt charts, which are essential for any team that wants to track progress.
Without such views, you won’t have the flexibility to view your work the way you want.
Besides, who wants to be locked into one view?
3. Poor data synchronization
The changes made in Toodledo’s mobile apps sometimes don’t sync with the changes made in the desktop app.
For example, if you create subtasks on your phone, they might not appear on your laptop.
Poor data synchronization means that you’ll have to waste time recreating a task you already created on your phone.
And who wants a task management tool that’ll make them waste time and add to their forgetfulness? 🤷
Top 6 Toodledo Alternatives
Here are six Toodledo alternatives that should definitely be on your list: 📝
ClickUp helps you manage both your business projects and personal tasks.
From helping you complete tasks to features that help you manage calendar events to plan surprise birthday parties effortlessly, ClickUp is the ultimate task management tool.
How ClickUp helps you manage your daily to-do’s
It’s easy to forget something in a task that has tons of different steps.
Checklists in ClickUp give you the power to create clear outlines of the entire task, so you never forget a step again!
Need to add more detail to your checklist?
Simply add sub-items to your checklist.
This way, you know exactly what you need to do, down to the last detail! 🔎
You can also reorder the items in any checklist by dragging and dropping items between your lists.
Want to save even more time?
Create checklist templates for any task you can imagine.
You can then reuse these templates to knock out tasks with ease. 🥊
Always on the move? 🏃
Don’t worry; you can also keep your daily to-do’s with you via the web, desktop, or mobile app.
Other key ClickUp features
- Notepad: just came up with a brilliant idea?💡Capture your ideas, thoughts, or even your weekly meal plan, so you don’t end up eating junk 🍟
- Task priorities: use flags to indicate if a task is urgent, high priority, normal priority, or low priority, so team members know where to start 🚩
- Recurring tasks: set repeating schedules for anything that needs to be done over and over again, like a weekly grocery shopping list 🛒
- Reminders: receive reminders for upcoming tasks. You can choose to be reminded from five minutes up to three days before your task is due, so you don’t end up in a panic trying to reach deadlines
- Calendar syncing: integrate your Google and Outlook Calendar with ClickUp. You can also sync actions between your Apple Calendar, mobile device, or any calendar app that allows you to subscribe with a URL feed 🗓
- Views: view your tasks in a List, kanban board, gantt chart, or any project style of your choice
- Timeline view: plan your daily tasks over time. This view is perfect for showcasing your public roadmap, keeping clients up to date, and for anything else that requires planning ahead of time
- Calendar view: plan, schedule, and manage your time and resources, so you don’t over-commit yourself:
- Powerful free version with unlimited users
- User-friendly interface with online and offline mode
- Track the time you spend on tasks with the native time tracker
- Add start date and due dates to your tasks to get reminders when things need to be done
- Keep your tasks alongside your work with the task tray
- Manage tons of tasks in one go with the multitask toolbar
- Import tasks from CSV files
- Send and receive emails directly within a task with Email ClickApp
- Get ahead with powerful, ready-to-use templates for getting things done, task management, and personal tasks
- Integrates with several third-party software like Evernote, Google Assistant, Calendly, and more
- Add and manage tasks using our Android or iPhone App
- No Timeline view in mobile (yet)
Check out ClickUp’s roadmap to see how we’re fixing such drawbacks.
And don’t get to explore all the exciting features that this free Toodledo alternative has in store for you!
ClickUp offers three pricing plans:
- Free Forever Plan:
- Unlimited Members
- Unlimited Tasks
- 100MB storage
- And more
- Unlimited Plan ($5/month per member):
- Business Plan ($9/month per member):
ClickUp customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
Todoist is a task manager app that’s suitable for personal use and teamwork.
The app has a cool feature called Todoist Karma that rewards you with points for completing tasks and maintaining streaks.
However, the free plan doesn’t have automatic backups, so if you choose to go ahead with this app and lose any documents…
Todoist key features
- The quick-add feature lets you add daily task details in seconds
- Recurring due dates
- Add comments to tasks, so everyone stays updated
- Sections and subtasks for task organization
- Task priorities help you get things done in the right order
- Delegate tasks to teammates or family members
- Add a task list widget to your Android and iOS device
- No native time tracker (only through outside integrations)
- Reminders are only available in the Todoist premium plan
- If you mark a task as done by mistake, you can’t get it back
Todoist has three pricing plans:
- Free plan:
- Up to 80 projects
- Up to 5 people per project
- Recurring due dates
- Task priorities
- And more
- Premium plan ($4/month):
- Up to 300 projects
- Up to 25 people per project
- Comments and file uploads
- And more
- Business plan ($6/month):
- 500 projects per user
- 50 people per project
- Team inbox
- Admin and member roles
- And more
Todoist customer ratings
- G2: 4.4/5 (600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1000+ reviews)
Here are the top Todoist alternatives.
Evernote is a note-taking app that helps you capture and find information on the go. Evernote’s advanced search feature also lets you search for words in your handwritten notes.
But with a limited free plan, will you be using Evernote forever?
Let’s find out:
Evernote key features
- Create checklists
- Add text, images, audio, scans, PDFs, and documents to your notes
- Pin a sticky note with essential information to your desktop
- Templates for notes
- Powerful iOS and Android apps
- Capture ideas, images, and record audio using your mobile device or iPad while offline
- Save essential emails and share your notes without leaving Gmail
- The free plan has a monthly upload limit of 60MB
- Limited customization options when it comes to text style and formatting
- No password protection for the desktop version
Evernote has three pricing plans:
- Free plan
- 60MB of new uploads per month
- Clip web images, web pages, and PDF files
- Access notes offline from the desktop app
- Sync across two devices
- And more
- Premium ($7.99/month):
- Sync unlimited devices
- Access notes offline
- Create custom templates
- Annotate PDFs
- And more
- Business ($14.99/month):
- Work together in shared spaces
- See your team’s activity history
- Central user administration
- 20GB monthly upload limit
- And more
Evernote customer ratings
- G2: 4.4/5 (1000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (6000+ reviews)
One of the drawbacks of this reminders app is that its simplicity can make it an inefficient task management app for teams that focus on complex projects.
Sure, sometimes simple is best, but sometimes a project just isn’t that simple. 🤷
Google Tasks key features
- Create multiple lists
- Add tasks and subtasks for task organization
- Add reminders to your Google Task from Google Calendar
- Reorder tasks or move them to another list with an easy-to-use drag and drop feature
Google Tasks pros
- Completely free
- Integrates with Google Apps
- Sort your task list by creation date or by the due date
Google Tasks limitations
- Can’t track the time taken for a particular task
- Doesn’t have the advanced task management features like workload management, agile views, or task dependencies
- Can’t set task priorities
Google Tasks pricing
Google Tasks is free.
Google Tasks customer ratings
- G2: 4.2/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
5. Microsoft To Do
Microsoft To Do, formerly Wunderlist, is a task management software that can help you manage your to-do’s efficiently. This collaboration tool has a cool feature that gives you a today, tomorrow, and week view in your planned lists.
However, the app doesn’t let you set due dates or add details to your subtasks.
Microsoft To Do key features
- Set reminders to keep track of tasks
- Create smart lists based on tasks and flagged emails
- Add due dates to your tasks
- Schedule a repeating task
Microsoft To Do pros
- Share todo lists with teammates and family members
- Integrates with Outlook Tasks
- Syncs across iPhone, Android, Windows 10, and the web app
Microsoft To Do limitations
- Limited compatibility with non-Microsoft products
- Lacks advanced task prioritization (only allows you to star priority tasks)
- No gantt charts for task scheduling
Microsoft To Do pricing
Microsoft To Do is free to use.
Microsoft To Do customer ratings
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (20+ reviews)
Looking for a Wunderlist alternative? Here are the top 5 Wunderlist alternatives.
6. DGT GTD
DGT GTD is a task management app that automatically creates tasks when you miss a call.📞
The app is a good choice for managing simple tasks like shopping lists and commitments.
Unfortunately, the app isn’t available for iOS devices, on desktop, or on the web.
DGT GTD key features
- Task checklists
- Recurring tasks
- Reminders and alarms
- Organize tasks by folder, context, location, tags, star, and subtasks
DGT GTD pros
- Quick task creation using voice recognition
- Light and dark theme to suit your style
- Bulk edit mode
DGT GTD limitations
- Only available as an Android app
- Outdated UI
- Limited integrations (only integrates with Toodledo, Dropbox, and FTP)
DGT GTD pricing
DGT GTD is free to use.
DGT GTD customer ratings
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
Time to Say “Toodle-oo” to Toodledo 👋
Having the right task management app can improve your time management skills and boost your productivity.
But remember, if you want to tackle task management efficiently, you’re going to need more than just to-do lists and note-taking.
Unfortunately, Toodledo just doesn’t have enough to help you be as productive as possible.
However, there are a few tools that can take you to that level of productivity.
And while we did mention some decent alternatives to Toodledo, ClickUp is by far the most comprehensive one.
From helping you set and track your personal Goals to letting you track your time spent on daily tasks, ClickUp is the ultimate productivity app.
Use ClickUp for free to remember all your daily to-do’s and forget about Toodledo!