It’s no surprise that people are finding it more and more challenging to stay focused and organized. Let’s be honest, we’ve all been distracted by our favorite app on most days, whether it’s Netflix or social media!
The problem with being distracted and unorganized is that it stops you from finishing your daily tasks and decreases your productivity. On top of that, having poor organizational skills leads to tons of forgetfulness, lost documents, and missed deadlines.
That’s precisely why you need to look for the best free organization apps!
In this article, we’ll cover what organization apps are, and take a look at the ten best organization apps along with their key features, pros, cons, pricing, and user ratings.
What Are Organization Apps?
Organization apps are software applications that help individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity. These apps can be used to manage tasks, schedule meetings, store files, share documents, and collaborate on projects.
They provide users with a streamlined way to work more efficiently and effectively. In addition to these core features, many organization apps offer additional tools such as task management, task delegation, project management, and collaboration features.
Let’s dive into the best organization apps for your team!
10 Best Organization Apps
ClickUp is the world’s leading project management and productivity app.
From providing you with advanced task management features to boosting your productivity, ClickUp is the ultimate organizational app.
With every feature you could possibly need, you can finally wave goodbye to the sea of business apps you’ve been using to stay organized. 🌊
ClickUp key features
ClickUp’s Calendar View is a great way to plan out your tasks and organize your week. With the Calendar View, you can see which tasks you need to complete on any given day, as well as plan in advance for upcoming projects.
You can further customize it by adding labels or assigning colors to each task type. This makes it easy to track progress and stay organized!
Use ClickUp’s Workload View to stay organized and in control. In the Workload View, you can see an overview of how much work is assigned to each person and project, so you can easily track who’s overloaded and make sure no one misses a deadline. This view also allows you to quickly adjust priorities as needed with just a few clicks.
ClickUp key features
- A flexible Hierarchy to organize complex projects down to the last subtask
- Collaborative ClickUp Whiteboards to organize your ideas and instantly turn them into tasks
- ClickUp Docs to organize all your notes in one place
- Multiple Assignees and watchers on tasks for full transparency into task statuses and progress
- Threaded comments with @mentions to quickly turn thoughts into action items you can delegate to the team
- Task priorities to set a clear order of operations in your daily workload
- Task automations to eliminate extra clicks and keep your workflows organized
- Instant insights and custom reporting with Dashboards in ClickUp
- Can’t export Dashboards
- Free Forever Plan
- Unlimited Plan ($7 per user, per month)
- Business Plan ($12 per user, per month)
- Enterprise Plan (contact for custom pricing)
ClickUp customer ratings:
- G2: 4.7/5 (4,800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,100+ reviews)
Evernote is a powerful list app that’s available for Android and iOS users. You can add photos, drawings, audio, and web content to your notes.
But how many photos and audio can you really add to this note taking app with a storage limit of just 60MB? 👀?
Evernote key features
- Create checklists with Evernote templates
- Add photos to your notes
- Add audio to your notes
- Easily find notes by searching for dates, keywords, titles, and more
- The free edition has a limited storage capacity of 60MB
- Doesn’t support real-time collaboration over notes with other users
- The app has limited offline functionality
This productivity tool has a free plan, and paid plans start at $7.99/user per month.
Evernote customer ratings
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (6 000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (1 000+ reviews)
24me is an award-winning home organization app with cool features like event reminders. It allows users to easily manage their calendar and tasks in one place. 24me helps you get more organized with its smart algorithms that sync up your phone, Google Calendar, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter and other accounts.
It also offers intuitive goal-setting tools so you can stay on track of your goals and progress.
24me key features
- Smart calendar with multiple views
- Their to-do lists come with colored labels, multiple reminders, and an email to task feature
- Capture and customize notes with videos, emojis, and photos
- Record voice memos to add tasks via Siri and Alexa
- No desktop app or browser version
- The alarm for tasks and recurring tasks can be glitchy
- No feature for goal or progress tracking
This tool has a free plan available, and its paid plans start at US$5.99/user per month.
24me customer ratings
- App Store: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
- Google Play: 4/5 (5 000+ reviews)
Fellow.app is a meeting note app where teams gather to have productive team meetings and meaningful 1:1s, build collaborative meeting agendas, record decisions, and keep each other accountable.
Fellow key features
- Track action items By tracking action items, your team will be kept organized and held accountable. This will help your team build great meeting habits through collaborative agendas and real-time note-taking.
- Give and request meaningful feedback The instant feedback feature allows you to request or gather real-time feedback from your team.
- Facilitate growth opportunities within your team
- Somewhat limited free trial
- Slight learning curve and unintuitive at first
- Integration features with other tools sometimes glitchy
Fellow is free for a maximum of 10 users. The Pro plan is $5 per user per month, and custom-priced plans are also available.
Fellow customer ratings
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (25+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (500+ reviews)
Calendly is a calendar app that lets you schedule meetings without all the back-and-forth emails. Calendly also integrates with video conferencing tools like Zoom and Microsoft Teams to help you organize your video conferences easily.
But will this app help you organize your life easier?
Calendly key features
- Quickly pull up responses to your invitee questions, look up phone numbers, or even join video calls from your mobile device
- Reschedule or cancel upcoming meetings with a few clicks
- Push notifications on your iPhone or Android device inform you when a call is scheduled
- The free plan doesn’t have team functionality, and you can only schedule one event type (individual 45-minute meetings)
- Syncing issues with non-G Suite products
- Calendar reminders are only available on certain plans
This organization app has a free version and paid plans start at $8/user per month.
Calendly customer ratings
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1 000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (800+ reviews)
Todoist is a task management app that helps you plan personal tasks and collaborate with team members. It allows you to create tasks and assign them to yourself or others, set due dates and reminders, track progress, and get insights into how your team is working.
Todoist key features
- Plan your day by creating checklists
- Manage to do lists
- Built-in reminders to keep you on track
- Create individual tasks daily with emojis 💇
- Notifications that let you know when people post comments, complete tasks, and more
- Some of the essential features are only offered by the premium subscription plan
- Limited team collaboration features
- Lack of certain time management tools like time tracking and scheduling features
This organization tool has a free plan, and paid plans start at $3/user per month.
Todoist customer ratings
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1 000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (600+ reviews)
Taskque is a task management tool that is great for organization. Taskque allows users to easily and quickly manage their tasks, complete projects on time, track progress and share resources.
Taskque also offers real-time collaboration with team members, allowing for easy communication and tracking of progress across the entire organization.
With its intuitive interface, powerful features and comprehensive reporting tools, Taskque is the perfect solution for busy teams looking to stay organized.
Taskque key features
- Automatic task assignment
- Calendar view
- A powerful to-do list app
- Workflow management features
- Limited integrations
- Limited customization options, which may not be suitable for users who require more flexibility in how they organize and manage their tasks
- Missing advanced features like time tracking, and visual project timelines.
Taskque’s free plan allows up to 10 users. Paid plans start at $5/user/month.
Flow is an organizational app that helps individuals and teams to manage their tasks and projects in a more efficient way. The app allows users to create, assign, and track tasks, set deadlines, and collaborate with team members in real-time.
Flow offers a clean and intuitive design, making it easy for users to navigate and use. It also offers several customization options that allow users to tailor the app to their specific needs. For example, users can choose to view and organize their tasks in a list or Kanban board format.
Flow key features
- Task management
- Customizable Views like Kanban to tailor the app to specific needs
- No Free Plan
- Steep Learning Curve
- Flow doesn’t support custom fields, which can be a major limitation for companies seeking to tailor their tool to their specific business needs
Flow’s plans start at $6/user/month. Flow does not offer a free plan.
Take a look at our ClickUp and Flow comparison.
HiTask is a task management tool designed to help individuals and teams manage their work and be more productive. The app allows users to create, assign, and prioritize tasks, set deadlines, and track progress.
HiTask also offers team collaboration features such as commenting, file sharing, and notifications. With HiTask, teams can communicate, share files, and work on tasks together in real-time, no matter where they are in the world.
HiTask key features
- Templates: Create repeating lists and use custom templates.
- Time Tracking: Track time spent on individual tasks or projects.
- Notifications: Receive reminders for deadlines and upcoming to-dos.
- Limited integrations
- Customization options are limited compared to other applications.
- Reports lack depth and detail, making it challenging to analyze business progress or team productivity adequately
HiTtask offers a free plan for up to 5 users. Paid plans start at $5/user/month.
Trello is a visual project management tool designed to help individuals and teams stay organized and work collaboratively. The app is based on the concept of boards, lists, and cards, which represent a project, its stages, and individual tasks.
Trello has a drag-and-drop interface that allows users to move cards from one list to another to indicate progress. The app also offers several customization options, such as adding labels, assigning team members, and setting due dates.
Trello key features
- Kanban boards to organize work
- Integrates with more than 100 other cool apps and services, including Slack, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Pre-made to help users quickly start with a board
- Trello has no built-in time-tracking capabilities
- No Gantt Charts or Resource Management
- Limited automation features compared to other project management tools
Trello offers a free plan. Paid plans start at $5/user/month.
Get Organized with ClickUp!
Organization apps help you build better systems and habits to make you more productive in almost every aspect of your life.
But to be your most productive self, you need the right organization app that suits you.
And while we did mention some decent free organization apps in this article, ClickUp has all the features the other apps have and more!
With features ranging from Goal tracking to advanced task management, ClickUp offers you everything you need to stay on top of your work.
Get ClickUp for free today to feel like this: