With all the apps on your phone, which ones are the best organization apps?
It’s no surprise that people are finding it more and more challenging to stay focused and organized. Let’s be honest, we’ve all been distracted by our favorite app on most days, whether it’s Netflix or social media!
The problem with being distracted and unorganized is that it stops you from finishing your daily tasks and decreases your productivity.
On top of that, having poor organizational skills leads to tons of forgetfulness, lost documents, and missed deadlines.
That’s precisely why you need to look for the best free organization apps!
But with so many organizational tools out there, how do you know which one suits your lifestyle?
Not to worry!
In this article, we’ll cover what organization apps are, and take a look at the five best organization apps along with their key features, pros, cons, pricing, and user ratings.
Now that we’ve organized the contents of this article for you, let’s get started!
What Are Organization Apps?
Organization apps help you stay organized, productive, and focused.
But how do they do this?
When you’re working without an organization app, it’s easy to forget about an upcoming task, a daily goal, or even a fantastic idea you had.
Here are just some of the useful features organization apps have to offer:
- Built-in reminders
- Recurring tasks
- Task management
- Intuitive calendars
- Note-taking tools
- Time trackers
With all these features, it’s easy to stay focused and almost impossible to forget what you planned!
The 5 Best Organization Apps
Here are the five best apps for organization that will help you turn into an organizational maestro like this:
ClickUp is the world’s leading project management and productivity app.
From providing you with advanced task management features to boosting your productivity, ClickUp is the ultimate organizational app.
With every feature you could possibly need, you can finally wave goodbye to the sea of business apps you’ve been using to stay organized. 🌊
ClickUp key features
1. Multiple Views:
Keep track of your tasks anytime and anywhere with Mobile List and Board view.
When selecting List view, you get tons of customization options:
- Filter your tasks to see the info you want to see
- Group your tasks by status, assignee, priority, tags, or due date for even more organization
(iOS app on the left and Android app on the right)
You can also create tasks from the List, Board view, and Calendar view. These let you Add Assignees, Priorities, and more to your new task in seconds!
Here’s what the Board view looks like, in case you were wondering:
Your Inbox is your centralized place to work.
There’s also a Next Widget that shows all your future tasks and reminders.
The Done Widget displays all the tasks you’ve completed
You can also look at your Unscheduled and Overdue Widgets to keep track of tasks that need attention right away!
You can also add start times and Due Dates for each task you create so you never lose sight of your tasks. 🔭🔭
3. Multiple Assignees
You can Assign Tasks to Multiple Assignees like family members or team members.
For example, if you need your significant other to remember the grocery list for an upcoming family dinner, you can simply assign the shopping list as a task to them!🍴
But that isn’t all.
You can also:
- View any task that’s been loaded recently while you’re offline.
- Load your Inbox offline
- Create Reminders while offline (they’ll automatically sync as soon as you’re back online)
- View Notes offline (you’ll need an internet connection for changes to save)
This way, even if you’re on a deserted island, you can still remain productive.
More productive than that, for sure.
- Powerful free version with unlimited users
- Collaboration features like Docs to help you work with team members in real-time
- Customized Task Statuses for your project needs
- Create a Recurring Task for any action that needs to be repeated
- Checklist Templates to start knocking out tasks even more efficiently
- Integrates with several third-party tools like Evernote, Time Doctor, cloud storage apps, and more
- Search for any task list using Smart Search
- Calendar Syncing with Gmail, Outlook, and Apple Calendar
- Create and add files with the world’s most well-known cloud storage system
- The ClickUp-Google Tasks integration will automatically create a new Google Task whenever a new task is added in ClickUp
- Available on any Android and iOS device
- Can’t export Dashboards
ClickUp has a powerful free plan for unlimited users with paid versions starting at just $5 per user/month.
ClickUp customer ratings:
Capterra: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
G2: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
Evernote is a powerful list app that’s available for Android and iOS users. You can add photos, drawings, audio, and web content to your notes.
But how many photos and audio can you really add to this note taking app with a storage limit of just 60MB? 👀?
Evernote key features
- Create checklists
- Add photos to your notes
- Add audio to your notes
- Easily find notes by searching for dates, keywords, titles, and more
- Sync notes across different devices seamlessly
- You can create Notebooks to organize any important document in your mobile app
- The app is very easy to use
- The free edition has a limited storage capacity of 60MB
- Doesn’t support real-time collaboration over notes with other users
- The app has limited offline functionality
This productivity tool has a free plan, and paid plans start at $7.99/user per month.
Evernote customer ratings
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (6 000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (1 000+ reviews)
24me is an award-winning home organization app with cool features like event reminders.
On top of that, you can also send your special someone a gift via the 24me gift store. 🎁
But will this app be the organizational gift you’re looking for?
24me key features
- Smart calendar with multiple views
- Their to-do lists come with colored labels, multiple reminders, and an email to task feature
- Capture and customize notes with videos, emojis, and photos
- Use your voice to add tasks via Siri and Alexa
- Automatically generates personal reminders
- Built-in navigation app that displays the meeting location and estimated arrival time
- Available on Apple Watch
- No desktop app or browser version
- The alarm for tasks and recurring tasks can be glitchy
- No feature for goal or progress tracking
This tool has a free plan available, and its paid plans start at US$5.99/user per month.
24me customer ratings
- App Store: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
- Google Play: 4/5 (5 000+ reviews)
Calendly is a calendar app that lets you schedule meetings without all the back-and-forth emails. The app also integrates with video conferencing tools like Zoom and Microsoft Teams to help you organize your video conferences easily.
But will this app help you organize your life easier?
Calendly key features
- Quickly pull up responses to your invitee questions, look up phone numbers, or even join video calls from your mobile device
- Reschedule or cancel upcoming meetings with a few clicks
- Push notifications on your iPhone or Android device inform you when a call is scheduled
- Available for your Android device and iPhone
- Minimum scheduling notice lets you avoid last-minute meetings
- People can see your availability in their time zone when scheduling meetings
- The free plan doesn’t have team functionality, and you can only schedule one event type (individual 45-minute meetings)
- Syncing issues with non-G Suite products
- Calendar reminders are only available on certain plans
This organization app has a free version and paid plans start at $8/user per month.
Calendly customer ratings
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1 000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (800+ reviews)
Todoist is a task management app that helps you plan personal tasks and collaborate with team members.
Will this task manager help you, though?
Let’s find out:
Todoist key features
- Plan your day by creating checklists
- Built-in reminders to keep you on track
- Create unique daily tasks with emojis 💇
- Notifications that let you know when people post comments, complete tasks, and more
- Available on iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Android
- Task and project comments to share info easily
- Recurring due dates feature to help you build habits
- Delegate tasks to team members for efficient collaboration
- Some of the essential features are only offered by the premium subscription plan
- Limited team collaboration features
- Lack of time tracking and scheduling features
This organization tool has a free plan, and paid plans start at $3/user per month.
Todoist customer ratings
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1 000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (600+ reviews)
Time To Get Organized 📁
Organization apps help you build better systems and habits to make you more productive in almost every aspect of your life.
But to be your most productive self, you need the right organization app that suits you.
And while we did mention some decent free organization apps in this article, ClickUp has all the features the other apps have and more!
With features ranging from Goal tracking to advanced task management, ClickUp offers you everything you need to stay on top of your work.
Get ClickUp for free today to feel like this:
Leila is an Editorial Coordinator at ClickUp and a total health fanatic. Her love for health and well-being fuels her creative spirit and allows her to stay mindful and productive. When she’s not working, you can find her at the beach or hanging out with her mini Aussie pup!