From our morning coffee ritual to project intake requests, processes exist everywhere. They provide structure, organization, and quality to the tasks we spend our time on.
Processes also help us improve over time to achieve our productivity glow-up. ✨
By using process improvement tools, teams can assess areas where processes need to be reshaped in order to increase efficiency and transparency. They also help businesses understand how their departments interact with each other, so they can make changes to benefit the entire organization.
In this guide, we’ll cover different process improvement tools to help your team measure current performance levels and create plans for future improvements. 🔮
What Should You Look for in Process Improvement Tools?
Process improvement tools are techniques and resources to help organizations make business processes more efficient and reduce costs. These tools equip leaders with insights to make data-driven decisions, understand resource utilization, and identify waste. They also provide organizations with clear goals, help them track performance, and allow for benchmarking against industry best practices!
Project managers should look for video support guides, real-time analytics, advanced customization, real-time collaboration features, automation, and integrations in their process improvement tools.
And if your team uses process improvement methodologies, including Agile and value stream mapping, keep in mind your existing processes during your search. Any change in tools or processes might lead to a temporary decrease in productivity and a learning curve for team members.
Check out our visual guide to process mapping with strategies!
Navigating the impact of new software tools can be tricky, but proactive stakeholder engagement will maximize process improvement efforts! 🤝
To avoid any workflow hiccups, involve stakeholders as early as possible to filter out tools that won’t make it past the first selection round. Stakeholders typically include project owners, team members, leadership, IT personnel, cross-functional teams, and subject matter experts (SMEs).
Benefits of Using Process Improvement Tools
Using process improvement tools can bring numerous benefits to teams. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Increased efficiency: Process improvement tools help teams streamline their workflows, eliminate bottlenecks, and reduce wasted time and resources. This leads to improved productivity and faster completion of tasks.
- Enhanced quality: These tools enable teams to identify and address quality issues in their processes. By implementing effective quality control measures, teams can deliver higher-quality products or services to their customers.
- Improved collaboration: Process improvement tools often include features that promote collaboration and communication within teams. This fosters better teamwork, knowledge sharing, and coordination, which ultimately leads to better outcomes.
- Data-driven decision-making: Process improvement tools provide teams with access to real-time data and analytics. This enables teams to make informed decisions based on accurate and up-to-date information, leading to more effective problem-solving and strategic planning.
- Continuous improvement: By using these tools, teams can establish a culture of continuous improvement. They can regularly assess and refine their processes, ensuring they stay relevant and effective in a constantly evolving business environment.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Implementing process improvement tools helps teams deliver products or services that better meet customer needs and expectations. This leads to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Cost savings: Efficient processes, improved quality, and reduced waste all contribute to cost savings for teams. Process improvement tools enable teams to identify areas of waste and inefficiency and implement strategies to eliminate them.
Let’s explore the top process improvement tools to help teams enhance their workflows and efficiency! 🔍
10 Best Process Improvement Tools in 2023
ClickUp is an all-in-one productivity platform designed for teams in any industry to manage processes, procedures, tasks, and more. With ClickUp, teams can generate detailed reports on any metric, visualize complex workflows, and centralize process documentation for company-wide sharing.
Best of all, ClickUp’s drag-and-drop workflow arrangement and automation features take the heavy lifting off of team communication, allowing everyone to act on process improvement ideas with confidence. Whether your team prefers lists, Kanban boards, or whiteboards, ClickUp has 15+ customizable views to organize work into one collaborative hub!
ClickUp best features
- Reporting and Dashboards for continuous improvement and business process reengineering
- Multiple views to adapt to Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or any process mapping style, including root cause analysis
- Multiple ways to automate repetitive tasks, including stakeholder reviews and consistent actions
- A detailed online Help Center, webinars, and support to help you use the platform to its fullest extent
- A dynamic Goals feature to align the team on measurable process OKRs and track progress in real-time
- Over 1,000 integrations to bring all relevant data and information into one place
- Assigned and threaded comments in any ClickUp Doc, task, or Whiteboard
- Forms to instantly create actionable tasks out of process change requests
- Multiple assignees of tasks for total transparency into all progress
- A vast Template Library with process flowcharts for every use case
- Its rich set of features can create a learning curve for some users
- Not all views are available in the mobile app—yet
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7 per user per month
- Business: $12 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (6,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,500+ reviews)
Ready to get started with process improvement for your team? Try the ClickUp Process and Procedures Template to efficiently organize tasks and documents!
Kissflow is a cloud-based work platform with several process improvement tools to help teams streamline their operations. It has a user-friendly interface to create custom workflows, automate manual processes, and monitor the progress of their projects.
The tool offers features such as task management, team collaboration, integrations, and more. With its comprehensive reporting features, teams can generate metric-based reports for deep insights into processes, usage, and users.
Kissflow best features
- Automated assignments, escalations, and notifications for project prioritization
- Dynamic item routing to team members
- Code-free workflow forms
- Task management
- Document sharing
- It can be difficult to onboard a beginner user compared to other process management tools
- Users can’t assign tasks to multiple users without creating extra groups
- Small Business: $15 per user per month
- Corporate: $20 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact Kissflow for details
Kissflow ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.9/5 (30+ reviews)
Try out these Kissflow alternatives!
Scribe is a process improvement tool for teams to document process steps and workflows with screenshots, text, cursor clicks, links, and more. Users can create custom workflows and diagrams that help break down complex steps into easy-to-understand visuals.
Scribe also provides powerful analytics tools through a single Dashboard homepage to see statistics about documentation and total views. This makes it easier for teams to quickly identify bottlenecks and improve business processes!
Scribe best features
- Scribe Sidebar Editor to perform document and step actions
- Process automation tools for step-by-step guide creation
- Table of Contents option for lengthier Scribes
- Screenshot adjustments to zoom in and out
- Scribe duplication to send to other teams
- Requires integrations with other tools to use the platform to its fullest potential
- The desktop application is a paid feature
- Basic: Free version
- Pro Personal: $23 a user per month
- Pro Team: $12 per user per month (5 seat minimum)
- Enterprise: Contact Scribe for details
Scribe ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (5+ reviews)
Quixy is a no-code platform designed to streamline the development of digital solutions. It helps teams reduce the time they create software solutions by providing an easy-to-use interface for building cloud applications, websites, and mobile apps using simple drag-and-drop actions.
The low-code platform provides an inbuilt simulator that helps users test their applications seamlessly across all possible workflow paths. The simulator offers the flexibility to test the app on desktop and mobile versions, making it easier to check for compatibility issues!
Quixy best features
- Rules Engine to manage business rules and validations without writing code
- Ready-to-use templates for most target business processes
- 40+ chart and report types for actionable insights
- Task notifications, reminders, and escalations
- Document Generator with branding options
- Hosting on a public/private cloud is only available on the Enterprise plan
- Steep learning curve to find and adopt tools for daily use
- Platform: Contact Quixy for details
- Solution: $20 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact Quixy for details
Quixy ratings and reviews
- G2: 5/5 (120+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (20+ reviews)
Appian is a low-code business process automation software helping organizations with data management, process modeling, user experience design, application development, and analytics.
The platform allows users to quickly create powerful applications with minimal coding and configuration, resulting in faster time to market! Additionally, Appian provides comprehensive data integration capabilities so businesses can connect systems across the enterprise and leverage existing data sources.
Appian best features
- Show Objects button to quickly open a page’s underlying objects
- Process flowchart and value stream mapping tools
- Customizable design forms
- Intuitive automation design
- Failed sync alerts via email
- Limited users on the free plan compared to other process improvement tools
- Not suitable for small to medium-sized businesses
- Free version
- Application: Starts at $2 per user per month for input-only
- Platform: Contact Appian for details
- Unlimited: Contact Appian for details
Appian ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (270+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (70+ reviews)
Teams can use Pipefy as a process improvement tool in various ways. The platform provides the tools to help teams define clear and efficient business processes, which can then be easily monitored and improved. Through Pipefy, teams can create checklists, assign tasks to specific team members, and set up automated notifications when certain goals are met.
In addition to the process management capabilities, Pipefy also offers features such as a visually appealing dashboard, analytics tracking tools, and custom reports to assess the impact of process improvements.
Pipefy best features
- Customizable spreadsheet to organize data from the field of all pipe cards
- Portals to group and organize different forms in a single location
- Plug-n-play templates for process improvements
- Sharable Start Forms to create new requests in a pipe
- Automations to trigger actions in the pipe
- Limited native integrations compared to other process improvement tools
- Limited functionality for external communication with non-users
- Starter: Free version
- Business: $25 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact Pipefy for details
- Unlimited: Contact Pipefy for details
Pipefy ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (290+ reviews)
TIBCO’a automation solutions help organizations streamline operations, reduce costs, and improve overall customer experience. The integrated platform provides a single workflow, rule engine, and analytics across all applications to ensure consistent process improvement throughout the organization.
With features like drag-and-drop process mapping, TIBCO simplifies the process of building automated workflows so teams can focus more on solving complex business problems. Additionally, TIBCO’s analytics capabilities provide organizations with valuable insights into their business processes and operations to improve efficiency and user experience.
TIBCO best features
- TIBCO Universal Process Notation (UPN) to make processes accessible
- Predictive operations dashboard with TIBCO Spotfire analytics
- Process mapping in the TIBCO Cloud Nimbus tool
- API Explorer with interactive API documentation
- Collaboration and approval
- Lacks an intuitive interface to navigate around the platform compared to other process improvement tools on this list
- Difficult for small to medium-sized businesses to build a sustainable process improvement framework
- Contact TIBCO for details
TIBCO ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (4 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (30+ reviews)
Bizagi is a leading business process management (BPM) software platform that enables organizations to quickly develop, deploy and optimize their processes. It provides an intuitive graphical user interface with automated workflow and analytics capabilities to help users make better decisions.
The tool also integrates with existing systems, allowing users to access data from multiple sources. With its wide range of features and services, Bizagi makes it easier for organizations to streamline their operations and manage their processes.
Bizagi best features
- Seven-step Process wizard workflow to execute business processes
- Custom profiles based on user knowledge or role
- No-code, low-code, and pro-code business rules
- Personalize interfaces for different personas
- Pre-built integration connectors
- No task or project management features compared to other process improvement tools
- Lacks comprehensive user guides
- Contact Bizagi for details
Bizagi ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (130+ reviews)
Creatio is a comprehensive business process automation platform for organizations to streamline customer engagement, marketing, sales, employee management, and operations. It helps companies eliminate manual processes, reduce operational costs, and drive organizational efficiency.
With Creatio’s unified platform for customer experience management, businesses can create powerful customer journeys that keep customers engaged and drive conversions. By creating personalized customer experiences, businesses can effectively differentiate their products and services in the marketplace, increasing sales and customer satisfaction.
Creatio best features
- Team collaboration with remote viewing and commenting capabilities
- No-code design tools for process outputs
- SOAP and REST services integrations
- Views, widgets, and templates library
- Mobile app
- Lacks project and task management functionality
- Not scalable for non-technical teams
- Process Designer: Free
- Studio Enterprise: $25 per user per month
Creatio ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (220+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (5+ reviews)
BeSlick is a process management tool with templates to add video, documentation, and guidance for training and standardizing operations within an organization. These templates function like normal process flowcharts but have added features that make them even more effective. With templates, a project team can be continually trained and held to the same standard so business processes are followed correctly.
Once the templates are created, users can create dynamic checklists from them, automatically notifying people when a task needs to be done. This helps streamline workflows and ensures everyone knows what to do and when.
beSlick best features
- Forms and automation for business process improvement tasks
- Groups to organize team members for task assignments
- Task management tools for resource planning
- Time-stamped audit trail reporting
- Outlook and Gmail integrations
- Limited reported capabilities to manage continuous improvement workflows and individual productivity
- Lacks an intuitive interface compared to other process improvement tools on this list
- Free version
- Standard: $10 per user per month
- Pro: $14 per user per month
- Managed: Contact beSlick for details
beSlick ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (5+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (20+ reviews)
Revamp Your Workflows with ClickUp’s Process Improvement Tools
ClickUp is not your average process improvement tool. The platform’s powerful integration and team collaboration features make it the perfect solution for teams to implement process changes for long-term success. 🏆
Start a free ClickUp account today and explore the platform’s intuitive features, customizable templates, and powerful reporting Dashboards!