Top 6 Free Event Planning Software (Event Management Tools)
Let’s be honest:
Event planning is difficult.
There’s the planning, ticketing, sorting of seating arrangements, engaging your event attendees, and so much more.
As an event planner, handling all of that can feel like trying to stop your dog from chewing your shoes. It’s impossible!
However, quality event management software can really streamline things for you.
In this article, we’ll highlight how free event management software can help you run your events smoothly.
Let’s get this event started!
How to Choose the Best Event Management Software?
Before we get to our event planning tools list, you need to know what you’re looking for in an event management tool or software solution.
Also you can learn more about event project management here.
Here are some of the questions you can ask yourself to make the right choice:
- Does this free event software let you collaborate with multiple event stakeholders such as attendees, sponsors, and vendors?
- Is the event technology suitable for an in-person or virtual event, or both?
- Does the event planning tool need to have built-in marketing tools to help you or your exhibitor attract more visitors?
- Is the planning software easy to use for all levels of event organizers?
- Does the software let you track your progress and achievements?
- Does the app support social media integrations or other forms of social media marketing?
- And most importantly, is it an all-in-one event management tool that can bring your event-related information under one roof?
Take a minute and think it through. 🤔
This will help you find the right tool for the job.
The kind that has all the features you need and nothing else.
Got your answers?
Alright then, let’s check out some event management and event planning software.
Top 6 Free Event Management Software
Here are the six best free event management software that you can get your hands on today:
First up is ClickUp, one of the world’s highest-rated project management software.
With ClickUp, you can streamline all your event planning and attendee managing processes. For free!
ClickUp key features
A. Schedule events and tasks with Calendar view
Having two plus-ones for a wedding might make for a hilarious TV episode.
But in event planning?
It’s a nightmare!
Avoid such embarrassing situations and just keep your planning up-to-date with ClickUp’s Calendar view.
Alternatively, check out the Timeline view to map out your entire event and assign tasks from the same place.
B. Get things done together using Multiple Assignees
Whether it’s brainstorming event themes or cleaning up after the party, some things just need a team to step up.
For such tasks, you have ClickUp’s Multiple Assignees. Use it to assign tasks to more than one person and even an entire Team.
Let the teamwork begin!
C. Suggest changes with Proofing
You can survive an avalanche.
But you cannot survive misspelling your guest’s name on the invitation card.
Make sure your event material is 100% error-free and perfect looking with ClickUp’s Proofing features.
Use it to add clear markers on design mockups to ensure you’ve got the best invite in town. 🎉
Imagine forgetting to pick up the event banner.
Or replacing those yellow napkins that the client hated.
Just go ahead and cancel that weekend plan. Sigh.
Alternatively, you set Reminders in ClickUp and avoid such mishaps in the first place.
And you know what they say about efficient management…it’s all about getting your priorities right.
Well, we got just the thing for you.
Categorize your Tasks according to Urgent, High, Normal, or Low Priorities. This way, your team knows exactly how to plan their days.
E. Save time with team Templates
Use one of them to instantly create an event management system or workflow for your upcoming event and save some valuable time. ⌚
You can always create your own planning process and Template it for future reuse.
Don’t forget to use Custom Task Statuses to make your workflow as personalized as possible.
- Turn comments into simple tasks by assigning them
- Track time for different tasks within ClickUp with Native Time Tracking
- Document your event processes using Docs
- Host webinars, conferences, virtual corporate events, basically any kind of online event with the Zoom integration
- Use Custom Fields to calculate easy and advanced formulas for budgets
- Integrate with Zendesk to create an efficient ticketing system alongside your event management
- Use Recurring Tasks to customize what you want to repeat
- Visualize your event concepts and do some solid planning using Mind Maps
- Use Offline Mode to carry on event management even when the internet is down
- ClickUp mobile app is available for both iOS and Android users
- Can’t export Dashboards
But don’t worry!
Our team operates almost 24×7 to ensure that we always address your suggestions and resolve your concerns.
Check out our development roadmap to see what’s in store!
ClickUp has three pricing options:
- Free Forever: includes unlimited tasks, Dashboards, and unlimited members
- Unlimited ($5/user per month): includes unlimited storage, Automations, and Custom Fields
- Business ($9/user per month): includes Time in Status, custom exporting, and advanced time tracking
ClickUp user rating
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (2300+ reviews)
2. Social Tables
Another free event management platform is Social Tables. Its specialty is event diagramming, which lets you sort out the seating arrangements for your venue.
No event attendee goes seatless!
Social Table is also great for driving leads right from your event website. The software even has a mobile check-in app to speed up event registration.
So it’s perfect?
Sure, if you don’t mind the lack of to-dos, deadlines, or integrations with communication tools like Zoom, Gmail, etc.
Oh, and they also don’t have an Android app.
We feel you, Android users.
Social Tables key features
- Lets you upload PDF floor plans
- Lets you perform custom 3D event diagramming
- Lets you manage guests and their details
Social Tables pros
- Supports real-time team collaboration and updates on attendee check-ins
- Lets you view analytics to discover peak event attendance
- Lets clients view real-time edits made to event diagrams
Social Tables cons
- The free version allows only one active event at a time and one floor plan per event
- No offline mode
- Not ideal for task management
Social Tables offer two pricing options:
- Essential (free): 150 attendee seats, one user account, and real-time collaboration
- Professional ($199/month): 250 attendee seats, email support, and two active events
Social Tables user rating
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (26 reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (100+ reviews)
3. Wild Apricot
Up next is Wild Apricot.
Is anybody craving an apricot now? 😋
Well, cravings apart, Wild Apricot is an online event registration software and a good competitor on this list of free event management tools.
It provides the right tools for attendee engagement before, during, and after the event.
However, for an event management software, Wild Apricot has no way for you to assign tasks to your crew members.
Luckily, unlike Social Tables, the software has a mobile event app for both iOS and Android devices. But there’s a catch.
The mobile event app doesn’t come free. 🤷
Wild Apricot key features
- Lets you customize registration forms
- Allows automated event promotion via email
- Lets you track and collect registration fees
Wild Apricot pros
- Automatic reports on event incomes
- Online membership database for members
- Event marketing tools like quick website builders with mobile-friendly templates
Wild Apricot cons
- No online payment processing on the free version
- No task scheduling or assigning abilities
- No Windows or Mac app
Wild Apricot pricing
Wild Apricot has six pricing options:
- Free: includes 50 contacts, database importing, and guest registration
- Personal ($40/month): includes 100 contacts, online ticket selling, and automated reminders
- Group ($50/month): includes 50 contacts, event website hosting on AWS, member and admin app
- Community ($90/month): includes 500 contacts, WordPress integration, and automatic email invoices
- Professional ($160/month): includes 2000 contacts, member-only online store pricing, drag and drop for website building
- Network ($290/month): includes 5000 contacts, automatic invoice generator, and waitlist registration
Wild Apricot user rating
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (500+ reviews)
- G2: 4.1/5 (26 reviews)
4. Ticket Tailor
Number four on the list is Ticket Tailor.
It bills itself as your go-to event management app for ticketing.
This event ticket app is one of the best you’ll find in the event management software market when it comes to selling tickets for both free and paid events.
Whether you’re fundraising, hosting an academic conference, or a party, you can sell tickets for all these events on Ticket Tailor.
Unfortunately, it’s no match for the other planning software.
You can’t plan an event or design a workflow with it. You can manage your event tickets and daily attendees, but that’s about it.
So if you’re looking for more, you may have to find an alternative.
Ticket Tailor key features
- Built-in box office that you can embed in your website
- Customizable automated email ticket delivery
- Ticket scanning app for event day management
Ticket Tailor pros
- Multiple payment options for ticket buyers
- Supports tons of integrations, including MailChimp, Zapier, and Google Analytics
- Lets you sell password protected tickets for special groups or VIPs
Ticket Tailor cons
- No mobile apps (they have a separate check-in app called Tazotix)
- You have to pay a fee for each ticket sold after the first five tickets
- Only allows selling online tickets on Facebook pages with 2000+ likes
Ticket Tailor pricing
Ticket Tailor has three pricing options:
- Free events: includes free tickets for any free event
- Pre pay ($0.26/ticket): includes offline payments, event organizers contact section, and customizable checkout form
- Pay as you go ($0.65/ticket): includes unlimited ticket types, analytics dashboard, and unlimited events
Ticket Tailor user rating
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (300+ reviews)
- G2: 4.9/5 (50+ reviews)
5. Planning Pod
Planning Pod is an excellent event management software. Its key feature set helps with venue management and floor planning.
Whether it’s to engage attendees, manage check-ins, handle registration management, or online payment processing, Planning Pod aims to make it all simple.
However, what really bothers us is Planning Pod’s free version.
Which doesn’t exist.
We know. We know.
This is supposed to be a list of free tools.
But the tool’s pretty well-known, so we couldn’t leave it out!
Unfortunately, there are more problems.
Its basic plan only supports two events at a time.
So if you’re a beginner event manager with just two events, Planning Pod may work for you. For larger organizers or event professionals, your search for the right event management solution might not end here.
Planning Pod key features
- Provides an event webpage builder
- Has venue management for weddings, restaurants, golf clubs, etc.
- Offers productivity reports and dashboards
Planning Pod pros
- Offers social media promotion for marketing and allows virtual event planning
- Has email and chat support
- Offers built-in online registration and RSVP forms
Planning Pod cons
- Technically, you only get a 14-day free trial; there’s no free plan
- No integration support for the Essential or Planner packages
- Very expensive for just an event planner and online event registration software
Planning Pod pricing
Planning Pod has three pricing options:
- Essential ($19/month): includes unlimited users, online registration, and attendee list
- Planner ($39/month): includes invoice payment processing, itineraries, and calendars
- Business ($69/month): includes budgets, surveys, and CRM
Planning Pod user rating
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (20+ reviews)
- G2: 4.1/5 (10+ reviews)
InEvent is made of event professionals and A/V specialists inspired to push the boundaries of webinars and event technology.
As a global event management platform, InEvent’s software is able to aggregate fundamental data to measure ROI, control suppliers and manage budgets.
InEvent also has mobile apps for iOS and Android, not to mention the possibility of having your virtual meeting with your team in a workplace setting.
Because InEvent supports large corporations, they only offer a free trial of 30 days.
InEvent Key Features
- You can have a control room, simultaneous RTMP sessions, sponsor trade shows and video conferencing breakout rooms.
- Manage your information with CRM, integration and data management.
- Get accurate and detailed reports organization-wide.
- Private 1-1 chat messaging.
- Virtual Lobby reporting analytics.
- Live Studio available.
- Only 10 free credits in trial.
- Basic ($2990/year): includes InEvent live event engagement and video interactivity.
- Express (US$ 3990/year): includes registration and live engagement all in one package.
- Advanced (contact sales): includes custom branding, RTMP streaming and simulated live streaming.
- Full (contact sales): includes integrations, API support, Full HD video, project manager support.
InEvent user rating
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (20+ reviews)
- G2: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
Make Every Event Eventful with ClickUp
As event organizers, your plate is already full.
Every moment can feel like an inch away from chaos.
That’s why you need an event planning tool or a project management software that can put major event-related processes on autopilot.
Which is where ClickUp comes in.
It’s incredibly powerful and adapts to all kinds of industries. Moreover, it’s highly customizable to help you in the places you’re falling behind.
ClickUp can help you do it all on a single platform.
So get ClickUp for free today, and host one successful event after another. Forever. 🤝