Tech-savvy ticketing warriors are always on the hunt for the best way to handle a large volume of customer support requests. We’ve gathered the ultimate lineup of 11 help desk ticketing software systems that will have your IT team high-fiving like there’s no tomorrow.
From supercharged issue tracking to advanced collaboration features, these tools can help keep your IT fortress impenetrable.
Get ready to conquer, one ticket at a time! 💥
- What is Ticketing Software?
- What Should You Look for In Ticketing Software?
- The 11 Best Ticketing Software to Use in 2023
- Benefits of Using Ticketing System Software
What is Ticketing Software?
Ticketing software is a computer program designed to track inquiries, tasks and services. It offers an organized way to manage customer service requests and technical support issues through problem tracking and issue resolution. This type of application has features like ticket categorization, automated routing, real-time updates, notification settings and detailed reporting metrics.
What Should You Look for In Ticketing Software?
IT teams use ticketing software to process various customer requests and technical issues. When searching for the perfect ticketing software, there are several key features and considerations to keep in mind:
- Ease of use: Look for software that is user-friendly and intuitive
- Ticket management: Ensure the software has features like ticket assignment, prioritization, and status tracking
- Automation: Seek automation capabilities to streamline repetitive tasks, such as ticket routing and escalation
- Customization and scalability: You’ll want customization to adapt to your specific workflows and requirements, especially as you grow
- Integration: The software should blend with your existing email, CRM, or project management platforms
- Reporting and analytics: Access to comprehensive reporting helps you gauge team performance, identify bottlenecks, and improve overall efficiency 📊
- Security: Ensure the software adheres to industry standards and offers data encryption and secure user access 🔐
- Mobile accessibility: On-the-go accessibility allows team members to stay on top of tickets from anywhere
- Customer support: Having reliable support can be crucial when issues arise
By keeping these factors in mind and comparing different ticketing systems, you can find the best fit for your IT team or support team. 🎫
The 11 Best Ticketing Software to Use in 2023
In the fast-paced world of an IT or customer support team, staying ahead is the name of the ticketing system game. The demand for seamless help desk ticketing system systems has never been greater.
Below, you’ll find a list of the 11 best ticketing software to use in 2023. These ticketing system gems are poised to elevate your customer support team prowess.
ClickUp’s project management software offers a comprehensive solution that enables IT teams to manage customer inquiries in real-time.
Teams can use ClickUp Forms to build intake fields. Customer responses are automatically converted to trackable tasks. Standard forms, like the ClickUp Help Desk ticketing template, help to reduce response times and improve the customer experience.
The template includes custom statuses like Open and In Progress to track ticket progress, as well as custom fields for easy categorization for support teams.
With six different views, you can efficiently organize ticket categories, priorities, and more with the desk software. The template also improves project management efforts through features like tagging, automated reminders, and file attachments.
Additional fields can be added via ClickUp Forms to capture the data your team needs.
ClickUp best features
- Create custom ticket statuses to track support tickets, like Open, Cancelled, In Progress, On Hold, and Escalate. Users can receive notifications when the status of a ticket changes
- Automate support requests and create forms for use by your team, which is especially helpful with a high ticket volume
- ClickUp meets GDPR, PCI DSS Service Provider Level 1, and CCPA compliance regulations
- ClickUp offers a large number of features, but the learning curve could be high and challenging for some
- The free plan does not include access to form view
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,700+ reviews)
Deskpro is a cloud-based service management tool that shines with a number of standout features. Its multi-channel support consolidates all customer inquiries from email, chat, social media, and more into one centralized platform and IT ticketing system.
No query will go unnoticed.
Deskpro excels as a solution for multiple teams to work together. Customer support teams, internal support teams, and sales teams can all utilize Deskpro through automated communications and task management.
Teams can also build integrations with platforms like Google Suite, Slack, and Trello. Additional integrations are available through Zapier.
Deskpro best features
- Customers can switch between Cloud and On-Premise deployment at any time
- Multiple data centers located across the world keep your information secure
- An intuitive interface makes it easy for customers to find solutions on their own
- Teams have to pay for add-ons for things like onboarding, agent training, and agent certification
- Integrations may be difficult for the support ticket system
- Team: $29 per agent/month
- Professional: $59 per agent/month
- Enterprise: $99 per agent/month
Deskpro ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (35+ reviews)
Intercom is a help desk software that boasts an impressive array of best-in-class features. One of its standout strengths is its live chat functionality. Chatbots enable real-time interactions with customers, answering queries and providing immediate support.
The service desk ticketing systems’ intuitive Help Center empowers users with self-service options.
Intercom’s advanced reporting and analytics offer valuable insights into customer behavior and agent performance, providing crucial performance metrics. Its seamless integration with various third-party apps simplifies IT management, making it a versatile and adaptive solution for businesses of all sizes.
Intercom best features
- Fin, Intercom’s AI-powered chatbot, helps to streamline incident management
- Reduces administrative tasks for teams, allowing them to add value to their customer service efforts
- Easy to scale support without impacting the customer experience or end user
- Some users found the interface to be a bit clunky compared to other ticketing systems
- Users indicated that the pricing system was difficult to understand
- Starter: $74/month
- Pro: Contact for pricing
- Premium: Contact for pricing
Intercom ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (2,750+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (950+ reviews)
4. Zoho Desk
Zoho Desk showcases a suite of remarkable features that make it a top contender in the market for ticketing system software. Its multi-channel ticketing system collects customer queries from various channels.
The platform’s AI-powered assistant, Zia, enhances agent productivity with smart suggestions and automated responses, speeding up query resolution. Zoho Desk’s customizable knowledge base empowers users to find solutions independently.
This reduces support team workloads and boosts customer satisfaction. With more than 100 built-in predefined reports, businesses can gain valuable insights into customer trends and agent performance across the ticketing system software.
Zoho Desk best features
- The company believes in building long-term customer relationships, allowing you to track customer happiness ratings
- Predictive intelligence makes it easy to address customer issues before they arise
- Pricing options include setup fees to integrate the support ticket system quickly
Zoho Desk limitations
- Limited customization availability and integrations for the ticketing system
- Lack of email formatting features could make support tickets harder to manage
Zoho Desk pricing
- Standard: $14 per user/month
- Professional: $23 per user/month
- Enterprise: $40 per user/month
Zoho Desk ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (4,800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2,050+ reviews)
Zendesk, a trailblazer in customer service software, boasts a remarkable set of features that solidify its position as a top-notch solution for businesses worldwide. Its omnichannel support gathers customer interactions from various channels.
Zendesk’s ticketing system, equipped with intelligent routing and automation, streamlines ticket management, enabling efficient and timely issue resolution for higher customer satisfaction. Agents can also input customer data anywhere along the customer journey, thanks to both code and no-code integration options.
Zendesk’s extensive marketplace of integrations ensures seamless connectivity with other essential business tools, enhancing overall productivity and collaboration across the desk ticketing system.
Lastly, with its customizable knowledge base and self-service portal, customers can find answers to their queries independently, which allows the support team to drive value in other areas.
Zendesk best features
- Supports more than 1,000 integrations to help with support tickets
- Robust analytics dashboards come included out of the box
- Offers strong support and training for customer service agents
- Pricier compared to some of the other options on our list
- There are concerns about Zendesk’s internal customer service
- Desk ticketing system may be overkill for small businesses
- Suite Team: $69 per agent/month
- Suite Growth: $115 per agent/month
- Suite Professional: $149 per agent/month
- Suite Enterprise Plus: Contact sales
Zendesk ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (5,600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (3,675+ reviews)
6. ProProfs Help Desk
ProProfs Help Desk is a proven leader in the ticketing software realm. The company has existed for more than 100 years and believes strongly in providing strong customer service. Support services are available 24/7.
The Help Desk platform is designed to work similarly to Gmail, which makes onboarding a breeze. The platform packages ticketing, chat, customer survey, and Knowledge Base tools together as a one-stop-shop customer support solution.
Teams can customize workflows to meet their exact needs. ProProfs Help Desk integrates with marketing platforms, CRM platforms, and project management platforms.
ProProfs Help Desk best features
- Simple, easy-to-understand service desk interface
- Customer service is available by chat, email and phone 24/7
- Knowledge Base reduces ticket volume by up to 80%
ProProfs Help Desk limitations
- Limited integration options for support tickets
- There is no mobile app
ProProfs Help Desk pricing
- $30 per user/month
ProProfs Help Desk ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (10+ reviews)
7. HappyFox Help Desk
HappyFox offers an intuitive desk ticketing system, which allows users to efficiently track and manage customer inquiries across different channels.
HappyFox has a knowledge base builder so your team can make organized, searchable FAQ databases. We love this feature because it empowers customers to find answers independently, reducing the workload on support agents, while increasing customer satisfaction.
The ticketing system owns robust reporting and analytics features to provide valuable insights into team performance and customer trends. Additionally, HappyFox’s integrations with popular business tools create a unified ecosystem.
For businesses seeking a comprehensive help desk solution with powerful ticketing, automation, knowledge base, and reporting features, HappyFox is an outstanding choice. 🦊
HappyFox best features
- All pricing plans offer unlimited mailboxes and tickets
- Integrates with Slack and Microsoft Teams to manage internal support
- Inbound tickets can be categorized into different buckets
- Customers liked the initial onboarding process but said additional ticketing system support was lacking
- Smart rules and automations can’t be configured to include multiple actions
- Mighty: $39 per agent/month
- Fantastic: $59 per agent/month
- Enterprise: $79 per agent/month
- Enterprise Plus: $99 per agent/month
HappyFox ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (125+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (90+ reviews)
8. Help Scout
Help Scout offers an array of features that make it a top choice for businesses focused on delivering outstanding customer service. Its shared inbox centralizes all customer inquiries from various channels, which enables seamless collaboration among support agents and efficient ticket management. With its intuitive knowledge base builder, Help Scout empowers customers to find self-service solutions, reducing the load on support teams.
Help Scout’s integrations with popular business tools create a unified ecosystem, enhancing productivity and fostering smooth workflows. For instance, users can take advantage of the Beacon Builder to design customizable widgets that blend seamlessly into their website.
For organizations seeking a customer support solution with a shared inbox, self-service knowledge base, automation, and insightful analytics, Help Scout takes the crown.
Help Scout best features
- Canned responses can include links, calls to action, images, and more
- The Messages dashboard makes it easy for the customer service team to see which issues have been addressed
- Strong retention rate, with more than 80% of midsize businesses that start with Help Scout sticking with the platform for at least four years
Help Scout limitations
- Users said it was too easy to switch between automated and manual modes, which sometimes caused problems
- Formatting documents can be difficult, with some users indicating documents do not have a polished look
Help Scout pricing
- Standard: $25 per user/month
- Plus: $50 per user/month
- Pro: Contact sales, annual pricing only
- Help Scout for Good: Pricing for nonprofits, contact sales
- Help Scout for Startups: Pricing for startups, contact sales
Help Scout ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (390 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (200+ reviews)
9. ServiceDesk Plus
ServiceDesk Plus stands out thanks to its comprehensive ticketing system, which allows users to create, track, and manage support requests efficiently. The platform’s integrated asset management feature enhances asset visibility and workforce management.
With Service Desk Plus’s problem and change management modules, businesses can proactively identify and address IT issues and implement changes seamlessly.
The platform offers an integrated IT service desk, which serves as a bridge between the business and the IT department.
Service Desk Plus best features
- Combines IT asset management and IT service management into one platform
- Easy to deploy customizations thanks to low-code capabilities
- The company owns its data centers and eliminates trackers and sub-processes, which keeps customer data secure
Service Desk Plus limitations
- Upcharge in pricing for on-site implementation
- Users complained of implementation issues
Service Desk Plus pricing
- Standard: $10 per technician/month
- Professional: $21 per technician/month
- Enterprise: $50 per technician/month
Service Desk Plus ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: No reviews
Front is a top-notch ticketing solution for modern businesses seeking efficient customer communication and collaboration. Its shared inbox centralizes customer service requests from various channels, which allows for seamless teamwork and streamlined ticket management.
Front lets you manage email, live chats, SMS texts, and more in one collaborative hub, providing a unified platform for all customer interactions.
Front’s collaborative tools, such as internal comments and assignments, enable real-time collaboration among support agents.
Front best features
- The shared inbox increases collaboration among team members
- Tutorials and resources help during the onboarding process
- Nearly 100 out-of-the-box integrations
- Strong performance metric reporting for customer satisfaction and service level agreements (SLAs)
- There’s a steep learning curve, according to reviewers
- Lacks the ability to customize notification schedules on weekdays vs. weekends
- Growth: $59 per seat/month
- Scale: $99 per seat/month
- Premier: $229 per seat/month
Front ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (250+ reviews)
TeamSupport is an advanced ticketing system designed specifically for B2B customer service teams. Its comprehensive package of features helps address customer inquiries from various channels, including social media, website chats, and emails.
TeamSupport best features
- Built-in Customer Distress Index tools help monitor and prevent churn
- Integrates with customer support and team tools, including Slack, Salesforce, JIRA, HubSpot, and Azure DevOps
- The Product Database key features enable tracking of customer data and products at the ticket level for faster resolution and informed issue tracking for support teams
- There is no free trial
- Ticket automation rules only run on a ticket one time to prevent loops, but that means manually writing multiple rules to handle more complicated helpdesk tickets
- Doesn’t have the robust project management solutions compared to other desk tools
- Essential Support: $49/month per agent
- Enterprise Support: $69/month per agent
- Complete Customer Support Suite: $119/month per agent
TeamSupport ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (840+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (830+ reviews)
Benefits of Using Ticketing System Software
The use of ticketing software has become increasingly popular as businesses seek to enhance their customer service operations. From streamlining communication processes to fostering collaboration among support agents, ticketing systems can drive massive improvements in customer satisfaction and business performance.
Here are a few ways ticketing software can benefit your team:
- Increases Productivity: By automating manual tasks and streamlining the ticket management process, businesses can increase their workforce productivity by up to 20%.
- Enhances Collaboration: With features such as team inboxes, shared workflows, and integrated dashboards, teams can collaborate more effectively in resolving customer queries.
- Improves Security: By centralizing customer information in one secure platform, businesses can ensure that sensitive customer data remains safe and protected.
- Cost Savings: With its automation capabilities, ticketing software eliminates the need for manual processing, resulting in substantial cost savings.
- Insightful Analytics: With built-in analytics dashboards, teams can quickly identify trends and gain insights into customer behavior.
- Customer Satisfaction: By providing fast, efficient resolution to customer queries, ticketing systems can help boost customer satisfaction.
Altogether, ticketing systems are invaluable in helping businesses stay on top of their customer service operations and elevating the overall customer experience.
Improve Your IT Support With a Robust Ticketing System
The ticketing landscape is teeming with top-notch software options that are tailor-made to elevate your IT support endeavors. With features designed for ease of use, seamless ticket management, and efficient collaboration, ticketing software can help your IT team shine like never before.
If you’re ready to truly revolutionize your ticketing experience, look no further than ClickUp! With a user-friendly interface, powerful ticket management features, and seamless integrations, ClickUp is the ultimate project management software to level up your IT support game.
Try ClickUp today to experience the future of project management software in action. Your IT team will thank you, and your customers will love you for it. 🏆