Looking for enterprise project management software?
Being the leader of a large organization with several different projects happening at the same time can feel a bit like a circus. 🎪
Not to worry!
With powerful enterprise project management software, your enterprise will be able to automate time-consuming tasks and focus on your organizational goals.
In this article, we’ll cover what enterprise project management software is and highlight five popular enterprise project management tools available today.
We’ll review their key features, pros, cons, pricing, and customer ratings to help you pick the best one!
Lights, camera, action! 🎥
What Is Enterprise Project Management Software?
Enterprise project management involves managing many complex projects at the same time. You need to find some way to speed up project processes while also having a holistic view of all that’s happening.
That’s where enterprise project management software comes in.
These features streamline and automate the above responsibilities for you.
This way, there’s less room for human error!
And by automating workflows, you’ll also have more time to focus on important enterprise opportunities like improving a business process or finding a way to beat your competitors.
Enterprise project management software also helps enterprises align business objectives.
Think of it like this:
All your employees have to walk on a tightrope (the main enterprise objective). If one of them loses balance, then it’s likely that all your employees will lose sight of the main objective.
The point of goal alignment is to make sure all your enterprise projects actually contribute to the success of the entire enterprise.
Not sure how to set effective goals for your enterprise teams? Click here for 7 steps to efficiently set team goals.
The Top 5 Enterprise Project Management Software
Here are the top 5 enterprise project management software:
It’s widely used by 200,000+ highly productive teams, including many business and enterprise giants.
From helping you with task management to fostering team collaboration, ClickUp is the perfect enterprise project management solution.
How ClickUp can help you:
ClickUp has all the features you need to manage your project portfolio, including features for every step in the project lifecycle. From project planning all the way to project closure, ClickUp’s got you covered.
Here’s a detailed look at why ClickUp is the best EPM solution:
Let’s go back to our tightrope analogy.
Before your employees can even set foot on that tightrope, you need to give them a balancing pole (individual goals).
This way, they can align their individual goals with the main objective.
This is exactly what Goals by ClickUp is for.
In ClickUp, you can create high-level Goals that are broken down into smaller Targets. As you complete each Target, you get closer to achieving your Goal!
Want to make sure your teams are setting goals that align with your enterprise’s objectives? Use our Weekly Scorecards to highlight what each person is working towards throughout the week.
This way, everyone has a role to play in achieving the company’s goals.
Looking for performance goals? Here are the top 9 performance goals and objectives of 2021.
B. Gantt Charts
ClickUp’s Gantt view is the ultimate project management solution.
The Gantt view gives you everything you need for project planning and managing project processes.
You can schedule tasks, manage Task Dependencies, and prioritize anything on a beautiful project timeline.
With this dynamic timeline, your enterprise can keep up with project progress, manage deadlines, and handle bottlenecks the moment they show up.
Use ClickUp’s Dashboards to easily keep up with all your projects and team members. Your Dashboards can contain all kinds of Widgets, which highlight and track different metrics.
For example, here are some of the Team Reporting Widgets you can add to check on your team and to gain insight into which tasks are taking up most of their time:
- Task Completed Report: displays how many tasks each team member has completed
- Worked On Report: see the number of tasks each member worked on a specific day, week, or month
- Workspace Points Report: motivate your team members by gamifying your enterprise tasks
- Who’s Behind Report: identify which team members have “work in progress” or unfinished tasks
- Time Tracked Report: see how much time each team member takes to complete a task or project
With all these reports, any project manager can immediately see which team members aren’t in sync.
But that isn’t all you get with Dashboards.
D. Financial management
If your organization has no plans for financial management, then
That’s show biz, baby.
Luckily, you don’t have to worry, because ClickUp has everything you need to track financial goals, manage your accounts, and calculate profits.
Create Finance Templates and reuse them at any time. This is perfect for speeding up your client on-boarding process and keeping track of invoice requests.
Use Custom Fields to create a completely unique task field to set a budget, client contact number, and more.
This way, all your client info is nearly stored in ClickUp.
Need to do some quick maths?
In the List view, you can perform powerful column calculations to quickly get the numbers you’re looking for.
E. Workload view
Not sure which employees are drowning in work?
With the Workload view, you’ll have access to everything you need for capacity planning and resource management.
This feature lets you plan and monitor your team’s work capacity by showing you a day-by-day visualization of how many tasks each team member has assigned to them versus their capacity.
This way, you can see who has too many tasks and re-allocate them to someone with unused capacity.
It’s all about sharing!
Every enterprise needs a project management office (PMO).
A PMO is a group of people who monitor the entire portfolio management process.
Luckily, with Portfolios by ClickUp, you can monitor the progress of tasks to keep your enterprise projects on track.
- Powerful free version with unlimited users
- You don’t have to work on your project online, you can work offline using the offline mode
- Use Docs for real-time editing and collaboration
- Multiple Views to adapt to Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or any project style
- Customized Task Statuses for your project needs
- 50+ Task Automations to streamline workflows
- Use Proofing to centralize feedback and expedite the approval processes
- Employees and managers can track time spent on projects with the Global Timer
- Task Dependencies helps teams complete tasks in the right order
- Use Task Priority flags to show project team members when they should start on a task
- See what your remote team members are doing in real-time with Pulse
- Integrates with several third-party software like Evernote, Time Doctor, Salesforce, and more
- Manage tasks on the go using mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Can’t export Dashboards
Check out ClickUp’s roadmap to see how we’re fixing these minor drawbacks.
You can also get a front-row seat to check out all the exciting features that this free enterprise project management software has in store for you!
ClickUp is an EPM software with a powerful free plan with paid versions starting at just $5 per user/month. Contact us for our Enterprise package!
ClickUp customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (1900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
But will you approve of this tool?
Let’s find out:
Wrike key features
- Comment on assets, images, and videos for quick feedback
- Use the workload view to avoid burnout and increase on-time delivery
- Streamline approvals by using the approval tool
- Keep your projects safe using role-based access
- Real-time collaboration with built-in proofing and live editing
- Intuitive and customizable UI
- 24/7 support team to help you handle your projects
- Use workflow statuses to update team members on enterprise project progress
- Comments can’t be assigned to team members or converted to tasks
- The onboarding process can be difficult
- No idea management features like a Notepad
This enterprise project management tool has a free plan and the paid plan starts at $9.80/user per month. Contact them for their Enterprise package.
Wrike customer ratings
- G2: 4.2/5 (1300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (1600+ reviews)
See how Wrike compares with ClickUp
Workzone is a project management software with an efficient email alert feature that takes them directly to the important task item within Workzone.
Let’s see if Workzone has enough to take you directly to project success:
- Enterprise project dashboard to see projects across departments, clients, or campaigns
- Save any enterprise project as a template that can be reused
- Use task dependencies to automate start dates for every task
- Use the time-tracking feature to keep track of the time worked on all the tasks in your project portfolio
- Efficient custom project request forms
- You can combine separate calendars into a group calendar for the entire organization
- You can send reminders for upcoming projects or deadlines
- You can create to-do lists that are emailed automatically to each user
- No free plan
- The software design isn’t visually appealing
- Workzone doesn’t offer advanced budgeting, accounting, and expense tracking features
This enterprise project management tool doesn’t have a free plan. Paid plans start at $24/user per month and the enterprise plan starts at $43/per user per month.
Workzone customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (45+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (130+ reviews)
Check out how Workzone compares to ClickUp.
4. Zoho Projects
Zoho is an online project management software that has an interesting social project management feature. Like Facebook, each user gets a profile page which has an activity stream of their activities.
This way, teams can see what other team members are up to and schedule their work accordingly.
- A drag-and-drop feature to automate routine tasks
- Use their timesheets to log billable and nonbillable hours
- Built-in integration with Zoho Invoice to generate invoices from your timesheets
- Chat rooms for real-time collaboration
- There is a timeline view where you can see what employees are doing within a specific period of time
- You can assign tasks to team members and track task progress
- You can view enterprise project milestones and determine what steps need to be taken to achieve project success
- There are Kanban boards that provide enterprise project details
- The free plan only lets you create two projects and only has 10MB of file storage!
- Limited integrations with non-Zoho tools.
- There is a high learning curve when it comes to using the tool.
There’s a free plan and the paid plan for this enterprise project management software starts from $3/user per month (6–10 users). The Enterprise package starts at $6/user per month.
Zoho customer ratings
- G2: 4.2/5 (190+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (220+ reviews)
5. Microsoft Project Server
Microsoft Project Server is a great enterprise project management tool for enterprises who have used Microsoft products from the get-go, especially when combined with Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office.
Let’s take a look:
Microsoft Project Server features
- Use the gantt view to track dates, assignments, and other enterprise project tasks
- Teams can work together on complex projects using Microsoft Teams
- Use scheduling tools to assign enterprise project tasks to team members
- Use pre-built reports to track progress on everything in your project portfolio
Microsoft Project Server pros
- You can create a centralized view of all programs and projects across your organization in a visual, interactive roadmap
- You can weigh enterprise project proposals against your strategic objectives to see if your company can take on the enterprise project
- Use resource engagements to secure resources, so your projects always have everything they need
- You can use capacity heat maps to view how every resource is being used and identify overused and underused resources
Microsoft Project Server cons
- There’s a high learning curve
- It has limited integrations with other non-Microsoft products
- No free plan
Microsoft Project Server pricing
This enterprise project management software has no free plan. Paid plans start at $10/user per month.
Project Plan 5 (their best Enterprise solution) starts at $55/user per month and has demand management, enterprise resource management, and portfolio management.
Microsoft Project Server customer ratings
- G2: 4.0/5 (1500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (1000+ reviews)
Check out the top Microsoft Project alternatives.
Get the Right Tool for Enterprise Project Success
Enterprise project management software helps large organizations manage multiple projects simultaneously.
But to get the best results, you need a project management tool that has all the features that your enterprise needs. And while we did mention some decent enterprise project management software in this article, ClickUp is still the top performer. 🏆
With features ranging from advanced portfolio management to enterprise project overviews, ClickUp is the ultimate EPM solution.
Get ClickUp for free today and watch your enterprise put on its best performance yet.