9 of the Best Brand Management Software Options for 2023
Brand management is an art form and a science. 👩🎨
Whether it’s coming up with ideas for new campaigns or managing projects, it’s safe to say brand managers have their hands full. It requires keen attention to detail, an understanding of the market, and a knack for creative thinking.
And to help make the most of your efforts and make a positive impact on the company’s bottom line, you can turn to brand management tools to monitor, manage, and measure your brand’s health and performance.
These tools range from traditional forms of market research to more sophisticated analytics solutions—they can provide great insight into your brand’s standing, target the right customers and optimize your marketing strategies to ensure that your brand stands out from the competition.
So, if you’re looking for a new brand management solution to add to your tech stack or simply looking for one that does it all, we’ve got you covered. We’ve narrowed it down to nine of the best brand management software available today. Take a look at each one to learn about their best features, limitations, pricing, and customer reviews.
But before you dive into the list, find out what makes a good brand management software to help you and your marketing team choose the right tool for your brand! 🤝
What to Look for in a Brand Management Software
Brand management is a marketing strategy and process of creating, nurturing, and protecting a brand’s identity and reputation. It involves all aspects of how a company communicates with its customers, including marketing initiatives, customer service, staying up to date on industry trends, and so much more.
These marketing tools help brand managers and marketing teams with:
- Brand strategy: Manage and execute your brand strategy effectively
- Brand consistency: Keep overall brand guidelines consistent across various channels
- Asset organization: Centralized database for digital brand assets
- Brand awareness and reach: Attract potential customers and boost brand awareness and loyalty
- Enhanced customer journey: Influence your audience’s purchasing decisions and increase sales
- Automated workflows: Manage and simplify workflow processes
- Insights and data: Track and measure brand health and campaign performances
- Resource management: Identity and effectively allocate budget, workload, time, and other available resources
But remember—not all brand management software is built the same. ☝️
When looking for the right brand management tool, here are a few of the key features to look for:
- An organized and centralized hub for your brand assets
- Robust hierarchy and digital asset management systems
- Customizability, scalability, and user-friendly interface
- Real-time data and reporting dashboards
- Workflow automation
- Advanced search and filtering system
- Integration capabilities
- Team collaboration tools
…to name a few.
Now, it’s time to dive into the top nine brand management tools in the market today. Each tool offers a unique set of features, so take a look at each to see which best supports your current and future needs!
The 9 Best Brand Management Tools in 2023
Best for project management and team collaboration
Are you ready to take your brand to the next level and boost your team’s productivity? Manage your brand, projects, and teams effectively—all in one place with ClickUp.
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management and productivity tool that offers a fully customizable platform to help teams across departments and industries manage any type of work, enhance team collaboration, and simplify their workflow.
Whether you’re a brand manager in charge of single or multiple brands, the entire platform is fully customizable, you can set ClickUp in any way to support any type of business and cater to unique and complex workflow preferences.
Its robust Hierarchy structure gives you the flexibility and control to organize your projects and teams in the way that makes sense for your business, while the key project management features in ClickUp allow you to plan, manage, and track your projects, marketing campaigns, workload capacity, company, and team goals, and so much more.
You’ve got a lot on your plate as a brand manager, so let ClickUp help you manage everything you need—all in one place!
Plan your brand marketing strategies and campaigns with collaborative tools such as ClickUp Whiteboards and ClickUp Docs, choose from 15+ custom views to manage your team’s workload, communicate with your team with the built-in Chat view and comments, and track your KPIs and goals in ClickUp Goals.
It also gives you access to a custom Dashboard feature which gives you the power to create a high-level view of your work with real-time reporting and track all sorts of important data such as project progress, priorities, performances, and virtually anything else you’d like to see at a glance.
And with custom automations in ClickUp, you can finally create efficient workflows that require less attention and energy. Streamline your team’s processes by using pre-built automation in ClickUp, or create your own, to simplify your workflow and put manual tasks into auto-pilot mode so you can focus more on what matters most—building and managing a brand!
Speaking of streamlining your workflow, ClickUp integrates with over 1,000 other work tools, including your most-used apps such as Slack, Gmail, Dropbox, Hubspot, Jotform, and so much more. Connect them together to bring all your work, into an all-in-one centralized place. 😌👌
Want to learn more about how ClickUp can help you with brand management? Take a look at the features below to find out!
- 15 + Custom views: Choose to see your work your way (Timeline, Board, Chat, Workload view, and more)
- Custom Fields and Custom Statuses: Add as many Custom Fields as needed to give your team and stakeholders the context they need to get on the same page and create Custom Statuses to help with progress tracking
- ClickUp Form view: Customize Forms with themes and avatar images to reflect your brand, and use them to collect feedback from your customers
- ClickUp Calendar view: Easily create a campaign calendar and link important tasks together in one high-level view
- Proofing (image, video, and PDF annotation): Centralize feedback for brand assets and expedite the approval process
- Collaborative Whiteboards: Brainstorm solo or with your team and create a visual roadmap of your campaigns, projects, and more
- ClickUp Docs: Create a comprehensive project communication plan by using Docs to help easily plan out your business messaging strategy
- Permissions and privacy: Invite guests such as clients and freelancers to your Workspace, and control the sharing, privacy, and permission settings
- Mobile App: Available across devices to give you access to your work at all times and from anywhere
- Custom Dashboards: Choose over 50+ dashboard widgets and build your ideal mission control center to track your marketing efforts, projects, workload, and so much more
- Learning curve due to the number of available features
It takes some time to become used to the UI and move through the learning curve to grasp all of the functions, just like with any new software, but hey, what you spend in time now can save you countless hours afterward.” — Capterra review
- Free Forever: Feature-rich free plan
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,519+ reviews)
Want to get started but need a little boost? Use this free Brand Management Template by ClickUp to give you an organized and structured way to manage your projects, team, and more.
Best for customer relationship management
HubSpot is an all-in-one brand management platform that allows businesses to build and nurture customer relationships. It provides a comprehensive suite of tools for sales, marketing, customer service, website design, and analytics.
With this tool, you and your team can create personalized customer experiences and build stronger customer relationships to increase loyalty and generate more leads. You can also use HubSpot to manage your brand’s reputation by tracking conversations about it across social media channels and responding quickly to any negative feedback.
- Free CRM to help you nurture and grow your business
- Live chat allows you to connect with visitors in real-time to provide support and close deals
- Website builder lets you customize your website with a drag-and-drop interface
- Built-in analytics, reports, and dashboard to help you measure the performance of your marketing campaigns
- Personalize your marketing outreach at scale with behavioral targeting
- Steep learning curve for new or inexperienced users
“Although the features are comprehensive, the setup process can be a bit overwhelming and there is a steep learning curve” — Capterra review
- Marketing Hub
- Starter: Starts at $45/month
- Professional: Starts at $800/month
- Enterprise: Starts at $3,600/month
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 (9,191+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5 out of 5 (5,360+ reviews)
3. Sprout Social
Best for social media management
For those looking to get ahead in the world of social media and build an online presence, Sprout Social is a great choice.
Sprout Social is a compelling brand management platform designed to help businesses manage and maximize their online presence. It offers a comprehensive suite of tools, including monitoring, scheduling, analytics, and more, to help brands stay on top of their digital customer interactions.
With Sprout Social’s user-friendly interface, businesses can easily manage multiple accounts while staying organized and informed. Additionally, Sprout Social’s detailed insights into customer behavior provide valuable data that can help businesses gain a better understanding of their audience and create more effective marketing strategies.
- Provides insights and analytics to improve social growth
- Easy to use and schedule posts in advance
- Built-in collaboration tools
- Smart inbox to unify all connected networks and profiles into one for easier monitoring
- Manage reviews across multiple platforms to help maintain and strengthen online reputation
- Quality marketing templates with great designs
- Pricing can be more expensive compared to other social media scheduling platforms
“The cost of the paid plans can be a bit high, especially for small businesses. Also, I find that some of the more advanced features can be a bit confusing to use.” — Capterra review
- Offers a free 30-day trial
- Standard: $249/month (additional user +$199/month)
- Professional: $399/month (additional user +$299/month)
- Advanced: $499/month (additional user +$349/month)
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3 out of 5 (2,093+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4 out of 5 (531+ reviews)
Best for digital asset management
With Brandfolder, brand managers can store, manage digital assets, and share files from one secure and centralized database. It features robust asset libraries, streamlined file-sharing processes, and customizable access controls to give you control over your digital assets and maintain a uniform brand identity across platforms, websites, social media channels, and more.
In addition to providing essential brand management functions, Brandfolder allows users to measure their brand’s performance. With its analytics dashboard, you’ll have access to user insights, asset analytics, and Brandfolder and Collection analytics to help you improve ROI and ensure your brand assets perform well across multiple distribution channels.
- Upload, store, organize, and share an unlimited number of files from one secure location
- Custom branding allows you to customizable look and feel, domain, and search to deliver a truly on-brand experience
- Organize assets by Collections, Sections, and Labels
- AI-powered Auto-Tagging automatically adds logical tags to assets upon import
- Advanced Video Editor lets you edit video files within the app
- Learning curve during the setup period
“It is confusing at first to figure out sections, labels, collections, and pins.” — Capterra review
- The Basics: Contact for pricing
- Premium: Contact for pricing
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5 out of 5 (1,035+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 out of 5 (433+ reviews)
Best for unified communication software
Slack is a messaging platform that provides a central hub for teams to communicate more effectively, share ideas, and speed up the feedback process.
Brand managers and teams can create custom channels to separate conversation threads, send messages to single or multiple people, and send files within comments. To further enhance team communication, Slack allows you to hop on a huddle call or video conference call, which can be helpful when working remotely or explaining complex topics.
Additionally, Slack Connect makes it possible to invite and collaborate with clients and external teams in your workspace. All of these features and more make it easier to communicate updates, collect feedback, delegate tasks, and speed up the feedback process, especially compared to communicating via email.
Slack can also integrate with other business tools, such as project management tools like ClickUp and CRM apps like Hubspot, to help teams streamline their work, manage projects, and keep track of marketing campaigns.
- Channels help teams keep track of conversations
- Huddles and clips allow teams to connect and communicate more effectively
- Start a chat with one or multiple people at a time
- Connect Slack to other work tools like ClickUp, Google Drive, Zoom, and more
- The channels can be overwhelming and distracting if not managed properly
“You can get lost on some of the channels, especially if there are a lot of channels with different teams.” — Capterra review
- Pro: $7.25/month
- Business+: $12.50/month
- Enterprise Grid: Contact sales for pricing
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5 out of 5 (30,841+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7 out of 5 (22,811+ reviews)
Best for online accounting and invoicing
FreshBooks is an invoicing and accounting solution that helps brands, accountants, freelancers, and entrepreneurs across different industries, simplify their bookkeeping.
Streamline your workflow and tame scope creep by using its easy-to-use accounting and bookkeeping features, such as professional invoicing, which allow you to create professional reports, customize branded invoices, and track financial data. Use the app to generate and send retainer reports at any time during a retainer period, and put your payments on auto-pilot with auto-billing, recurring payments, and automated reminders.
- Easily set recurring payments and automated payment reminders
- Connects to over 14,000 different banks and credit card companies
- Integrates with over 100 apps to streamline your business and connect your teams and clients
- Preview invoices before sending and get instant updates when an invoice has been viewed and paid
- Automatically calculates taxes and tracks inventory billed on invoices
- The tool can be overwhelming for those who aren’t familiar with accounting
“Some users may find the software to be complex and overwhelming, particularly if they are not familiar with invoicing and accounting practices.” — Capterra review
- Lite: $4.50/month for three months (5 billable clients)
- Plus: $9/month for three months (50 billable clients)
- Premium: $16.50/month for three months (unlimited billable clients)
- Select: Custom pricing; request demo
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5 out of 5 (657+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5 out of 5 (4,037+ reviews)
Best for brand asset management software
Frontify is a brand and digital asset management software that provides designers, brands, developers, and marketing teams with a digital brand ecosystem that scales with their business.
It offers a centralized place for every brand asset and tools for customizing brand guidelines, enhancing creative team collaboration, and creating reusable digital and print templates. Easily access, edit, and update digital guidelines, and get access to over 40 different content elements to help you customize your guidelines.
As for creative collaboration, this tool improves the feedback process by allowing teams to share detailed information and revisions with a single link. Additionally, it gives brand managers a streamlined solution to sharing design templates. Simply create libraries of your design templates and allow any team member to create pre-approved designs on their own to encourage autonomy, prevent bottlenecks, and speed up the content creation process.
- Simplify your workflow and sort your assets with the dedicated asset libraries
- Pre-built Content Block or SDK to build custom elements that suit your brand’s needs
- Integrate it with your favorite apps for design, communication, productivity, marketing, and project management, more
- Gain access to assets and guidelines directly from your desktop app
- Insights and analytics features to track usage and ensure your brand management investment is paying off across every channel
- The search function within the platform could be improved
“Search functionality is a little clunky, as it returns all of the text around the search term.” — Capterra review
- Starter: $79/month
- Team: $279/month
- Enterprise: Book a demo for pricing
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6 out of 5 (104+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8 out of 5 (63+ reviews)
Best for location marketing management
Uberall is a location marketing management tool that allows users to deliver a seamless hybrid customer experience. It offers a suite of tools to allow brands to manage their online presence across popular search engines, social media channels, review websites, and more.
As a location intelligence software, it’s built to improve your brand’s local search visibility, increase brand engagement, and drive revenue by optimizing every digital channel that influences discovery and purchase decisions, especially on a local level.
Additionally, Uberall provides powerful analytics, automated solutions, and integrations with top review sites, so businesses can increase their visibility to potential customers and make data-driven decisions.
- Real-time monitoring and automated publishing to the sites that matter most
- Optimizes every signal to ensure your brand is recommended, whether it’s on Google or Google Home, Apple Maps, or Siri
- Pricing can be expensive, and there is a steep learning curve for new users
“It is quite expensive for the non-experienced and mid-experienced marketer, and it comes with a little bit of a learning curve to make the most of it, in which you have to adapt yourself to the application and its features.” — Capterra review
- Get Found: Contact for pricing
- Be Chosen: Contact for pricing
- Thrive: Contact for pricing
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 (81+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6 out of 5 (29+ reviews)
Best for complaint management, customer service solution, and sales CRM
Zendesk is an online reputation management software that enables brands to solve tickets faster, track customer complaints across channels, and deliver the best customer experience.
Zendesk’s customizable ticketing systems, customer profiles, and automated support solutions can help you create a consistent, personalized experience for each customer that visits your business, while its powerful analytics tool allows you to track customer interactions, complaints, and so on.
Furthermore, Zendesk’s collaborative tools allow teams to create a smooth workflow that allows teams to react quickly to customer issues and inquiries and easily share information, comments, and feedback with one another. This helps ensure that team members and managers involved in the brand management process improve their workflow and make smarter business decisions together.
- Manage complaints, inquiries, and more, and respond to customers from one unified place
- Connect Zendesk to over 1,000 pre-built integrations, including your popular apps, including ClickUp, Slack, Dropbox, Salesforce, and more
- Use Side Conversations to allow your internal and external teams within the Zendesk Agent Workspace to collaborate on tickets
- Schedule and launch Zoom meetings with your customers right from a support ticket with the Zoom integration; the meeting recording will automatically be posted as a private comment on the ticket to keep all important conversations in one place
- AI capabilities and Flow builder allows you to automate interactions
- The setup process might be too complex for other users
“It requires a lot of settings and hence takes longer time for implementing the software, especially the help center.” — Capterra review
- Zendesk for service
- Suite Team: $49/agent/month billed annually
- Suite Growth: $79/agent/month billed annually
- Suite Professional: $99/agent/month billed annually
- Zendesk for sales
- Team: $19/user/month billed annually
- Growth: $49/user/month billed annually
- Professional: $99/user/month billed annually
Ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3 out of 5 (467+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4 out of 5 (3,382+ reviews)
Take Your Brand to the Next Level with the Right Tools
Brand management software is essential for taking your brand to the next level.
From tracking marketing goals and managing your brand assets to customer service, analytics, and resource allocation, there are various tools to help you grow your business and build a strong brand. The key is finding the right ones that help you maintain brand consistency and allow you to move your projects at a faster rate.
And when you’re looking for an app to manage every aspect of your work, you can lean on ClickUp to simplify project management and connect your marketing teams and other departments under one roof. Not only does it give you and your team a fully customizable platform with hundreds of robust features to support your brand as it scales, but it also integrates with over 1,000 other work tools, making it easier than ever to bring all your work into one place and operate with efficiency. 😌⚡️
If that all sounds good to you, then give it a try—it’s free to get started!