17 Best Slack Integrations for 2022 (Features, Pricing)
It’s amazing how the word “slack” has gone from being synonymous with poor productivity to being an indispensable part of our work lives today.
From group chats to DM (direct message), Slack is an effective communication tool, winning hearts in almost every company.
However, its chat-based feature isn’t enough to drive your team towards success.
Fortunately, you can use Slack integrations to connect with a third-party app for accounting, task management, time tracking, etc. This makes collaboration a lot smoother as you won’t have to open countless tabs or windows to manage your tasks.
Let’s get started!
What Are Slack Integrations?
Slack integrations are tools you can incorporate into the Slack interface to expand your remote work capabilities. It lets you access more functionalities from a single platform.
Think of it like your neighborhood supermarket that houses all your essential groceries, favorite confectionaries, cleaning supplies, beauty products, etc., all in one place.
Thanks to the supermarket, you don’t need to go the extra mile (literally!) to get hold of your specific needs (functions) from separate stores (apps).
Here are some benefits of using Slack integrations:
- Centralized platform for task management, budgeting, issue tracking, etc.
- Improves remote team communication as information isn’t dispersed across several apps. This, in turn, helps in team building
- Promotes easy usability as your teammates won’t have to take any software training separately (definitely cutting them some slack 😁)
Let’s take a look at the best Slack integrations that can improve your team’s productivity and prevent them from slacking off!
17 Best Slack Integrations for 2021
Here are the top 17 Slack integrations for you:
ClickUp is one of the highest-rated productivity and project management tools used by productive teams in small and large companies.
ClickUp’s Slack integration offers more than any regular chat tool.
You can even unfurl ClickUp tasks in Slack, go through the relevant details, and act on them right away.
ClickUp key features
Here’s a quick look at some useful features of this project management tool:
- Assign Comments: stop worrying about comments getting overlooked and alert your team by turning them into action items
- Multiple Assignees: increase team efficiency by assigning tasks to multiple people at once
- Custom Task Statuses: add unique statuses to your project workflow, such as ‘Open,’ ‘Work in Progress,’ ‘Closed,’ ‘Need help,’ ‘Need Motivation,’ etc.
- Mind Maps: Often get brilliant ideas during a painfully long meeting? Bring your ideas to life with free-form Mind Maps
- Embed view: add apps, useful websites, and inspirational YouTube videos alongside your tasks
- Native Time Tracking: take note of the time spent on different tasks, projects, and other routine jobs (excluding your numerous coffee breaks ☕)
- Custom Roles: assign specific roles to your teammates (chief admin, editor, inactive guest, etc.) as per their level of activity
- Sprints: mark priorities, set the dates, and break your project into smaller bits of doable tasks
- Dashboards: get a high-level overview of your Workspace and keep tabs on your project progress
- Chat view: discuss project details or connect over non-work stuff (like crazy fan theories)
- Slack Integration: create new ClickUp tasks in any Slack channel by simply typing /clickup new
ClickUp has a feature-rich Free Forever Plan that supports unlimited members and tasks. Paid plans start as low as $5/month per user.
“Solving communication problems, time management, delegating, and understanding roles and what everyone is working on and needs to get done. The software has been great for us as a team, and there are a lot fewer misunderstandings.” – G2Crowd
“I love using ClickUp for all my work management needs. Personal and professional and especially with my team! The dashboards and templates are highly customizable. The plugins (google) are also great for productivity and communication efforts.” – G2Crowd
ActiveCampaign is a sales automation CRM software that can help skyrocket the productivity of your sales team.
It helps teams with email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM tools to improve customer retention and satisfaction.
Let’s see how this Slack integration can expand your active customer base.
ActiveCampaign key features
- Create customized Slack messages mentioning team members to manage customer tickets
- Receive Slack notifications regarding prospect status updates
- Notifies the Slack user whenever a contact subscribes or unsubscribes
ActiveCampaign offers paid plans starting at $15/month.
“While AC does a really good job at onboarding, it’s still a little steep of a learning curve. I’d love some more contextual tips, recipes, and/or internal resources to build out some key features.” – Capterra Verified Review
“My overall experience has been very good. It has excellent customer service when you have problems. In digital marketing we use it every day and it is necessary to have an easier way to do reports / analysis, and ActiveCampaign is difficult to read the reports, also at the beginning it is difficult to use the platform in the first weeks.” – Capterra Verified Review
Calendly is the go-to tool for scheduling meetings at your convenience.
This ensures that you don’t have to deal with a barrage of emails to schedule a meeting. It also guards against your power nap getting ruined by a sudden meeting you were unprepared for!
Calendly key features
- Access and share your Calendly meeting links directly from your Slack feed
- Add a personalized Slack message to your meeting links
- Select the meeting type and duration (a 15-min rundown or 30-min grill session) from your Slack interface
Calendly has a free plan, and paid plans start at $10/user per month.
“It’s so hard to put a finger on anything I would improve. Ive been using Calendly for years and didn’t realize how robust some of the integrations were and have become, so maybe some additional education around those would be super beneficial to users like me who didn’t even know how much more they were missing out on.” – Capterra Verified Review
“As much as I love Calendly, there are certain features that I don’t like, well, every Software isn’t perfect and we do have different take and opinion. The Availability function to your Calendar, this is for me is confusing, you need to highlight first the day you want to be available until the date of your availability. I just wish Calendly can have a feature where you can just input a certain Date up until your Availability, more like a drop-down menu. But that’s just me, I still love how easy to use this software.” – Capterra Verified Review
Donut is a Slack app that randomly brings colleagues together for a fun team chat. You can also create a simple poll and send a multiple-choice question with up to five possible answers.
It even comes with reminders to help you and your work partner decide on a suitable time for the e-meet.
Donut key features
- Offers shortcuts to start or join a channel to help you act quickly without exiting Slack
- Create Slack channels to pair up different teammates
- Send customized messages to welcome new remote team members
Donut has a free plan, and paid plans start at $59/month.
“We have seen people connect! In a remote environment, that’s difficult, and this tool allows them to do that.” – G2Crowd
“It was a little confusing trying to set up the lottery for my CEO, but when I reached out for help I was able to get what I needed.” – G2Crowd
Dropbox is an intelligent avenue for file sharing and document storage.
This way, your teammates will less likely miss any information or drop the ball!
Now there are two versions of the Dropbox app in Slack, namely Dropbox and Dropbox Paper.
While Dropbox lets you share media, files and documents, Dropbox Paper is an online document workplace where you can organize and edit all your text, ideas, and files.
Dropbox key features
- Get a rich preview of your Dropbox files in your Slack feed
- Get info about the work shared in Slack conversation from Dropbox file activity feeds
- Integrate with Microsoft Teams for real-time document editing
Bonus: Microsoft Teams vs Slack 👏🏼
Dropbox has a free plan, and paid plans start at $11.99/month.
“There’s nothing that I dislike about Dropbox Business for now. But I want to mention some points where the developers can bring some improvements. The commenting and notes feature should be more intuitive as well as user-friendly.” – Capterra Verified Review
“Depending on your plan storage can be a little limiting, with few options to expand if you don’t want to pay a lot more. I have however received an email that you can now expand storage more easily and at fair pricing.” – Capterra Verified Review
Evergreen is a Slack app promoting better team culture and creating a better world for tomorrow.
It encourages peer-to-peer recognition, letting you reward your colleagues with tree seeds. Then, on behalf of your peers, Evergreen plants those trees. In other words, it maximizes your team’s productivity while minimizing their carbon footprint.
Let’s see how this Slack app can help you create everlasting business relationships.
Evergreen key features
- Boost work productivity by recognizing your peers for their contribution
- Broadcast recognitions to company-wide Slack channels
- Keep track of employee engagement by exporting a CSV of the list of recognitions
Evergreen offers paid plans starting at $2.99/user per month.
“I like that its rewarding in two ways. I get recognition for my hard work and I get to plant trees.” – G2Crowd
“It’s great to be able to make an impact in reducing our carbon footprint as a company with a service as seamless and friendly as Evergreen!” – G2Crowd
Favro is a collaborative planning software that helps you plan your work the way you want.
It also lets you build executive dashboards that include the roadmap of the entire team. This way, everyone is clear on what they’re in charge of, be it creating the daily report, making the presentation, or hosting the next pizza party!
Favro key features
- Lets you schedule tasks and track time directly from the Slack interface
- Create Slack channels dedicated to specific Favro projects
- Convert Slack messages into Favro tasks within seconds
Favro offers paid plans starting at $12/month (two users).
“Okay experience with Favro, but my job requires a lot of flexibility with subtasks, which is where Favro lacks. The other organizational aspects work well.” – Capterra Verified Review
“This tool have made it easy to automate processes and manage projects which is exactly what we need during these times where half more than half the business is working from home.” – Capterra Verified Review
Giphy is a storehouse of animated GIFs that people prefer way more than words.
It lets you generate countless GIFs for any phrase, helping you have fun conversations with your team members. After all, a picture (or a gif) is worth a thousand words!
Giphy key features
- Generate GIFs of your choice by simply entering /giphy <your word/phrase> slack command
- Select from a collection of GIFs or shuffle for a new image
- Admins can customize the search settings to ensure all GIFs are workplace-friendly
Giphy is free for all.
“No doubt about it – this app is really fun to use and can be relied upon to deliver almost anything you need, no matter how off the beaten path!” – Apple Store Reviews
“I’ve used this app for many years. It has never failed me.” – Apple Store Reviews
GitHub is a development platform that lets your software team maintain their projects with ease.
This app integration can accelerate your development team’s work by letting them access the best community-approved projects and code repositories.
Let’s see how it becomes the ultimate hub for the developers’ community by integrating Slack.
GitHub key features
- Get complete visibility on GitHub projects via Slack channels
- Open or close issues, and pull requests on your GitHub repository from Slack
- Receive updates on new commits, pull requests, new issues, code reviews, etc. with /github subscribe [repository name] slash comment in Slack
GitHub has a free plan, and paid plans start at $4/user per month.
“In terms the software development-related features, Github is nearly perfect. But if they can add some add-on features it would be great. Also, the user interface off Github can be improved so that the professional users can make the most out of it.” – Capterra Verified Review
“The intial learning curve can be tricky for new users. Onboarding requires a bit of detail and practise with regards to cloning repositories, creating a fork/ branch, pushing changes to code and raising pull requests when getting started, but once this process is well understood, the product is easy to use.” – Capterra Verified Review
Karma is a Slack bot that can boost your team’s morale by recognizing the best-performing employees and celebrating major work milestones.
From sharing micro-feedback to setting automated rewards to assessing individual contributions, this Slack integration ensures that your karma doesn’t go unnoticed! 😇
Karma key features
- Set up a weekly, monthly, or quarterly bonus system with this integration
- Team leaders can access actionable insights for performance review
- Fix monthly goals to lead your team to success
Karma has a free plan, and paid plans start at $30/workspace per month.
“Improved happiness, increased recognition, and further embedding of our core values.” – G2Crowd
“Giving and receiving karma has gotten more and more intuitive. It’s an elegant means of tracking and promoting positive sentiment in our online community.” – G2Crowd
Mailchimp offers businesses an all-in-one marketing platform to reach their target audience in the right way.
This Slack app integration helps you become a marketing savant with ease, from executing social media campaigns to creating landing pages.
MailChimp key features
- Get a Slack notification whenever someone subscribes to or unsubscribes from MailChimp
- Get status updates of your email campaigns within Slack
- Inform your team about MailChimp activities through Slack channels
MailChimp has a free plan, and paid plans start at $9.99/month.
“New users to email marketing might be uneasy that phone support isn’t available at all levels of the plan’s membership, but their online support is really great.” – Capterra Verified Review
“My over experience using MailChimp has been a time saver and I definitely see positive results, their customer service team is so helpful and kind.” – Capterra Verified Review
Nectar is an excellent tool for recognizing and rewarding employee contributions.
The rewards can range from custom gift packages for a ‘job well done’ or exclusive discounts in high-end restaurants and Airbnbs.
It’s like Santa for adults, fulfilling their wishes. 😍
Nectar key features
- Get notifications on employee recognition straight from your Slack channel
- Easily embed Nectar into Slack for increased participation
- Schedule automated birthday and work anniversary messages on Slack
Nectar has a free plan, and paid plans start at $2.75/user per month.
“I routinely check Nectar, and am always happy to see anyone get recognized for their hard work and dedication. Getting recognized myself is very rewarding. I think especially in times of increased remote work, it’s a great tool to have available for when you want to thank others for their efforts.” – Capterra Verified Review
“Although I have only used it for a few months, I haven’t found anything inherently negative about this software or its use. One thing I don’t like about the software is the limited amount of points I and my coworkers are allowed to give. I know it is probably just a difference in cost to up the amount of points employees are given each month but I always find my coworkers saying they wish they had more or they have given away all their points before the end of the month.” – Capterra Verified Review
Salesforce is a CRM tool creating success stories for small businesses as well as big enterprises. It helps you drive more sales revenue, increase your marketing bandwidth, and successfully deliver all your services.
Let’s see how this Slack integration turns your team into a force to be reckoned with! 💪
Salesforce key features
- Get relevant Salesforce alerts on your Slack channel
- Browse for Salesforce items and info within Slack by typing /salesforce <search term>
- Send and receive messages between Salesforce Chatter and your Slack channels
Request a custom quote from Salesforce.
“The cons I have found are few and far between. If I had to pick one it would be the calendar and how it functions. I would like to see some tweaks there but, other than that, I have more pros than cons.” – Capterra Verified Review
“I have found an immense amount of success generating leads and documenting my interaction with those leads. The cons are far outweighed by it’s pros and I have found more success using SalesForce Cloud over any other sales/CRM software out there.” – Capterra Verified Review
Teamline is a simple tool for Slack project management. It gives your team an overview of the project progress and improves team collaboration.
Ever lost important project details in a long thread of discussing crime documentaries?
Well, no more of that.
With Teamline, you can create tasks out of Slack messages instantly.
Teamline key features
- Manage tasks and assign a deadline from the Slack interface
- Organize your tasks and group them under Slack channels
- This integration gives your Slack team a complete view of tasks assigned to them
Teamline offers paid plans starting at $49/month.
“I really liked the simplicity of getting the product online and running. It also has a decent learning curve.” – G2Crowd
“I like the fact that you can set up reminders and tasks on the fly within Slack conversations.” –G2Crowd
15. Time Doctor
Time Doctor lets you track your work hours spent on every project and help businesses record their billable hours. This Slack integration offers an effective web-based time tracking solution right in your Slack channels.
This way, you know the hours spent on every task or project (and perhaps reduce the time spent watching cat reels)!
Time Doctor key features
- Track the time spent by your team working on a project and receive reports in Slack channels
- Add or remove people in Time Doctor to decide who can see Slack notifications
- Track any website or app opened by teammates during work
Time Doctor pricing
Time Doctor offers paid plans starting at $7/user per month.
Looking for other time management tools? Check out our list of top tools here.
Time Doctor Reviews
“There was nothing much to dislike about this software. I just wished it was more affordable for a small team.” – Capterra Verified Review
“I saved a ton of time by using Time Doctor to track how I spend my day and on which projects. I also don’t have to write anything down and then worry about losing it before I send a client an invoice. So it’s really helped my organization as well.” – Capterra Verified Review
Zapier lets you connect different apps that you use daily and thus streamline the workflow for better results. Integrate Zapier to Slack to automate your repetitive tasks.
With Zapier, an action on a particular app (trigger) can influence another app. Its interactive screen sharing option can also be used for group troubleshooting.
But is this enough to zap away all your work concerns? Let’s see.
Zapier key features
- Share information from your Slack workspace to any other app within minutes
- Automate routine workflows to save time
- Share upcoming Google Calendar events to a Slack channel
Zapier has a free plan, and paid plans start at $29.99/month.
“My experience has generally been positive. I immediately became familiar with the platform and always found what I was looking for.” – Capterra Verified Review
“There’s not too much that I don’t like about the software. You do have to be careful that the platforms you are bridging are setup properly, otherwise your information will not deliver but all of this can be tested before running a campaign.” – Capterra Verified Review
ZipBooks is an accounting tool that takes away your pain of doing the dull, dreary bookkeeping task. For example, it lets you create invoices, account for expenses, and get actionable insights.
Install this integration from the Slack app directory to further simplify your accounting-related tasks.
ZipBooks key features
- Record expenses from your Slack workspace into ZipBooks
- Generate online invoices directly from your Slack account
- View basic income statement including revenue, fees, and net income with slash command in Slack
ZipBooks has a free plan, and paid plans start at $15/month.
“A highly functional and easy-to-use platform for client invoicing and accounting.” – Capterra Verified Review
“Because I don’t understand accounting, I had some trouble reconciling some of the charges/credits and couldn’t “undo” what I’d done very easily. It’s not the most forgiving, however, their customer service was top notch in helping me solve the issue for no additional charges. I thought I’d have to hire someone to fix it, and they gave me free advice to help me fix it myself.” – Capterra Verified Review
Slay Every Workday With Slack Integrations
Slack integrations can make your workday more manageable by adding layers of functionalities and streamlining your operations on a single platform.
We’ve mentioned some of the best Slack integrations that can boost your team’s performance.
However, different teams can benefit from different integrations, based on tool features that can best fulfill their goals.
For instance, ClickUp is a project management tool integration that lets you break down large tasks into more manageable subtasks, set reminders, assign tasks, manage workflow and capacity, etc. It does it all while being your collaboration and chat app.
What are you waiting for?
Switch to ClickUp for free today to take your Slack game to the next level.