It’s amazing how the word “slack” has gone from being synonymous with poor productivity to being an indispensable part of our work lives today.
From group chats to DM (direct message), Slack is an effective communication tool, winning hearts in almost every company.
However, its chat-based feature isn’t enough to drive your team towards success.
Fortunately, you can use Slack integrations to connect with a third-party app for accounting, task management, time tracking, etc. This makes collaboration a lot smoother as you won’t have to open countless tabs or windows to manage your tasks.
Let’s get started!
What Are Slack Integrations?
Slack integrations are tools you can incorporate into the Slack interface to expand your remote work capabilities. It lets you access more functionalities from a single platform.
Think of it like your neighborhood supermarket that houses all your essential groceries, favorite confectionaries, cleaning supplies, beauty products, etc., all in one place.
Thanks to the supermarket, you don’t need to go the extra mile (literally!) to get hold of your specific needs (functions) from separate stores (apps).
Here are some benefits of using Slack integrations:
- Centralized platform for task management, budgeting, issue tracking, etc.
- Improves remote team communication as information isn’t dispersed across several apps. This, in turn, helps in team building
- Promotes easy usability as your teammates won’t have to take any software training separately (definitely cutting them some slack 😁)
Let’s take a look at the best Slack integrations that can improve your team’s productivity and prevent them from slacking off!
17 Best Slack Integrations for 2021
Here are the top 17 Slack integrations for you:
ClickUp is one of the highest-rated productivity and project management tools used by productive teams in small and large companies.
ClickUp’s Slack integration offers more than any regular chat tool.
You can even unfurl ClickUp tasks in Slack, go through the relevant details, and act on them right away.
ClickUp key features
Here’s a quick look at some useful features of this project management tool:
- Assign Comments: stop worrying about comments getting overlooked and alert your team by turning them into action items
- Multiple Assignees: increase team efficiency by assigning tasks to multiple people at once
- Custom Task Statuses: add unique statuses to your project workflow, such as ‘Open,’ ‘Work in Progress,’ ‘Closed,’ ‘Need help,’ ‘Need Motivation,’ etc.
- Mind Maps: Often get brilliant ideas during a painfully long meeting? Bring your ideas to life with free-form Mind Maps
- Embed view: add apps, useful websites, and inspirational YouTube videos alongside your tasks
- Native Time Tracking: take note of the time spent on different tasks, projects, and other routine jobs (excluding your numerous coffee breaks ☕)
- Custom Roles: assign specific roles to your teammates (chief admin, editor, inactive guest, etc.) as per their level of activity
- Sprints: mark priorities, set the dates, and break your project into smaller bits of doable tasks
- Dashboards: get a high-level overview of your Workspace and keep tabs on your project progress
- Chat view: discuss project details or connect over non-work stuff (like crazy fan theories)
- Slack Integration: create new ClickUp tasks in any Slack channel by simply typing /clickup new
ClickUp has a feature-rich Free Forever Plan that supports unlimited members and tasks. Paid plans start as low as $5/month per user.
ActiveCampaign is a sales automation CRM software that can help skyrocket the productivity of your sales team.
It helps teams with email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM tools to improve customer retention and satisfaction.
Let’s see how this Slack integration can expand your active customer base.
ActiveCampaign key features
- Create customized Slack messages mentioning team members to manage customer tickets
- Receive Slack notifications regarding prospect status updates
- Notifies the Slack user whenever a contact subscribes or unsubscribes
ActiveCampaign offers paid plans starting at $15/month.
Calendly is the go-to tool for scheduling meetings at your convenience.
This ensures that you don’t have to deal with a barrage of emails to schedule a meeting. It also guards against your power nap getting ruined by a sudden meeting you were unprepared for!
Calendly key features
- Access and share your Calendly meeting links directly from your Slack feed
- Add a personalized Slack message to your meeting links
- Select the meeting type and duration (a 15-min rundown or 30-min grill session) from your Slack interface
Calendly has a free plan, and paid plans start at $10/user per month.
Donut is a Slack app that randomly brings colleagues together for a fun team chat. You can also create a simple poll and send a multiple-choice question with up to five possible answers.
It even comes with reminders to help you and your work partner decide on a suitable time for the e-meet.
Donut key features
- Offers shortcuts to start or join a channel to help you act quickly without exiting Slack
- Create Slack channels to pair up different teammates
- Send customized messages to welcome new remote team members
Donut has a free plan, and paid plans start at $59/month.
Dropbox is an intelligent avenue for file sharing and document storage.
This way, your teammates will less likely miss any information or drop the ball!
Now there are two versions of the Dropbox app in Slack, namely Dropbox and Dropbox Paper.
While Dropbox lets you share media, files and documents, Dropbox Paper is an online document workplace where you can organize and edit all your text, ideas, and files.
Dropbox key features
- Get a rich preview of your Dropbox files in your Slack feed
- Get info about the work shared in Slack conversation from Dropbox file activity feeds
- Integrate with Microsoft Teams for real-time document editing
Dropbox has a free plan, and paid plans start at $11.99/month.
Evergreen is a Slack app promoting better team culture and creating a better world for tomorrow.
It encourages peer-to-peer recognition, letting you reward your colleagues with tree seeds. Then, on behalf of your peers, Evergreen plants those trees. In other words, it maximizes your team’s productivity while minimizing their carbon footprint.
Let’s see how this Slack app can help you create everlasting business relationships.
Evergreen key features
- Boost work productivity by recognizing your peers for their contribution
- Broadcast recognitions to company-wide Slack channels
- Keep track of employee engagement by exporting a CSV of the list of recognitions
Evergreen offers paid plans starting at $2.99/user per month.
Favro is a collaborative planning software that helps you plan your work the way you want.
It also lets you build executive dashboards that include the roadmap of the entire team. This way, everyone is clear on what they’re in charge of, be it creating the daily report, making the presentation, or hosting the next pizza party!
Favro key features
- Lets you schedule tasks and track time directly from the Slack interface
- Create Slack channels dedicated to specific Favro projects
- Convert Slack messages into Favro tasks within seconds
Favro offers paid plans starting at $12/month (two users).
Giphy is a storehouse of animated GIFs that people prefer way more than words.
It lets you generate countless GIFs for any phrase, helping you have fun conversations with your team members. After all, a picture (or a gif) is worth a thousand words!
Giphy key features
- Generate GIFs of your choice by simply entering /giphy <your word/phrase> slack command
- Select from a collection of GIFs or shuffle for a new image
- Admins can customize the search settings to ensure all GIFs are workplace-friendly
Giphy is free for all.
GitHub is a development platform that lets your software team maintain their projects with ease.
This app integration can accelerate your development team’s work by letting them access the best community-approved projects and code repositories.
Let’s see how it becomes the ultimate hub for the developers’ community by integrating Slack.
GitHub key features
- Get complete visibility on GitHub projects via Slack channels
- Open or close issues, and pull requests on your GitHub repository from Slack
- Receive updates on new commits, pull requests, new issues, code reviews, etc. with /github subscribe [repository name] slash comment in Slack
GitHub has a free plan, and paid plans start at $4/user per month.
Karma is a Slack bot that can boost your team’s morale by recognizing the best-performing employees and celebrating major work milestones.
From sharing micro-feedback to setting automated rewards to assessing individual contributions, this Slack integration ensures that your karma doesn’t go unnoticed! 😇
Karma key features
- Set up a weekly, monthly, or quarterly bonus system with this integration
- Team leaders can access actionable insights for performance review
- Fix monthly goals to lead your team to success
Karma has a free plan, and paid plans start at $30/user per month.
Mailchimp offers businesses an all-in-one marketing platform to reach their target audience in the right way.
This Slack app integration helps you become a marketing savant with ease, from executing social media campaigns to creating landing pages.
MailChimp key features
- Get a Slack notification whenever someone subscribes to or unsubscribes from MailChimp
- Get status updates of your email campaigns within Slack
- Inform your team about MailChimp activities through Slack channels
MailChimp has a free plan, and paid plans start at $9.99/month.
Nectar is an excellent tool for recognizing and rewarding employee contributions.
The rewards can range from custom gift packages for a ‘job well done’ or exclusive discounts in high-end restaurants and Airbnbs.
It’s like Santa for adults, fulfilling their wishes. 😍
Nectar key features
- Get notifications on employee recognition straight from your Slack channel
- Easily embed Nectar into Slack for increased participation
- Schedule automated birthday and work anniversary messages on Slack
Nectar has a free plan, and paid plans start at $2.75/user per month.
Salesforce is a CRM tool creating success stories for small businesses as well as big enterprises. It helps you drive more sales revenue, increase your marketing bandwidth, and successfully deliver all your services.
Let’s see how this Slack integration turns your team into a force to be reckoned with! 💪
Salesforce key features
- Get relevant Salesforce alerts on your Slack channel
- Browse for Salesforce items and info within Slack by typing /salesforce <search term>
- Send and receive messages between Salesforce Chatter and your Slack channels
Request a custom quote from Salesforce.
Teamline is a simple tool for Slack project management. It gives your team an overview of the project progress and improves team collaboration.
Ever lost important project details in a long thread of discussing crime documentaries?
Well, no more of that.
With Teamline, you can create tasks out of Slack messages instantly.
Teamline key features
- Manage tasks and assign a deadline from the Slack interface
- Organize your tasks and group them under Slack channels
- This integration gives your Slack team a complete view of tasks assigned to them
Teamline offers paid plans starting at $49/month.
15. Time Doctor
Time Doctor lets you track your work hours spent on every project and help businesses record their billable hours. This Slack integration offers an effective web-based time tracking solution right in your Slack channels.
This way, you know the hours spent on every task or project (and perhaps reduce the time spent watching cat reels)!
Time Doctor key features
- Track the time spent by your team working on a project and receive reports in Slack channels
- Add or remove people in Time Doctor to decide who can see Slack notifications
- Track any website or app opened by teammates during work
Time Doctor pricing
Time Doctor offers paid plans starting at $7/user per month.
Looking for other time management tools? Check out our list of top tools here.
Zapier lets you connect different apps that you use daily and thus streamline the workflow for better results. Integrate Zapier to Slack to automate your repetitive tasks.
With Zapier, an action on a particular app (trigger) can influence another app. Its interactive screen sharing option can also be used for group troubleshooting.
But is this enough to zap away all your work concerns? Let’s see.
Zapier key features
- Share information from your Slack workspace to any other app within minutes
- Automate routine workflows to save time
- Share upcoming Google Calendar events to a Slack channel
Zapier has a free plan, and paid plans start at $29.99/month.
ZipBooks is an accounting tool that takes away your pain of doing the dull, dreary bookkeeping task. For example, it lets you create invoices, account for expenses, and get actionable insights.
Install this integration from the Slack app directory to further simplify your accounting-related tasks.
ZipBooks key features
- Record expenses from your Slack workspace into ZipBooks
- Generate online invoices directly from your Slack account
- View basic income statement including revenue, fees, and net income with slash command in Slack
ZipBooks has a free plan, and paid plans start at $15/month.
Slay Every Workday With Slack Integrations
Slack integrations can make your workday more manageable by adding layers of functionalities and streamlining your operations on a single platform.
We’ve mentioned some of the best Slack integrations that can boost your team’s performance.
However, different teams can benefit from different integrations, based on tool features that can best fulfill their goals.
For instance, ClickUp is a project management tool integration that lets you break down large tasks into more manageable subtasks, set reminders, assign tasks, manage workflow and capacity, etc. It does it all while being your collaboration and chat app.
What are you waiting for?
Switch to ClickUp for free today to take your Slack game to the next level.
Questions? Comments? We're here for you 24/7 at email@example.com!