Your sales team works hard to scale operations, generate new business, and keep the sales pipeline packed with prospects. With so much on their plates, their day-to-day is packed with to-do lists that are a mile long.
To make matters worse, as sales representatives are more successful, their workloads increase dramatically. In many cases, that means opportunities are missed because the team can’t work fast enough to satisfy demand.
It’s a good problem to have and one that’s addressed by using sales automation software programs. Here, we’ll show you what those are and go over the benefits of automation for your sales department.
Then, we’ll highlight the 10 best sales automation tools. From marketing automation software to project management tools, you’ll find what you need to scale your sales teams. 💪
What Are Sales Automation Tools?
Sales automation tools are designed to streamline workflows by taking care of time-consuming and repetitive tasks. Instead of an employee spending time manually creating tasks and documents, these tools do the work for sales teams, so they can focus on more important matters. 🙌
In most cases, these tools are powered by software or AI to automatically do the work. Most sales teams aim to automate tasks like:
- Scheduling meetings
- Preparing invoices and quotes
- Following up with potential customers
- Sending lead generation emails
- Handling recurring tasks like reporting
- Scoring qualified leads in the sales pipeline
The best sales automation software is designed to handle busy work. These types of repetitive tasks take little brain power but keep even the best sales rep away from more important work.
Benefits of using sales automation tools
Using sales automation tools is a no-brainer. They free up time and get rid of tedious work that sales teams do not want to do. 👀
Here are other benefits of using sales automation tools:
- Improved data management: These tools store information in one place, making it easier to track data and sales KPIs without hopping between tools
- Accurate reporting: Since these tools are machine-run, the likelihood of human error is removed. That means better and more accurate reporting when it comes to sales pipeline metrics
- Real-time collaboration: Many of these sales automation software allow sales teams to work together, making them more effective across the sales process
- Better customer experience: Sales apps help you better understand prospects and assign the right sales agent to the account. They also make it easier for a sales rep to respond quickly so you can beat the competition to your prospects’ inboxes
10 Best Sales Automation Tools 2023
Learn how to automate your sales processes with these top 10 tools. Our list of the best sales automation software includes project management software, CRM programs, and more to help you get the job done. ✨
ClickUp is a sales team’s dream, with automations, dashboards, and CRM tools to handle sales prospects and streamline workflows. The tool features dozens of integrations, making it easy to use alongside your other software essentials.
With ClickUp Automations, the busy work is done automatically for your sales teams. With more than 100 automations, the opportunities to make workflows more effective are endless. For example, create tasks when a lead schedules a demo on HubSpot or when a customer signs up for a trial.
Or send celebratory emails to the whole sales team when someone closes a deal, and follow up with customers who haven’t used your products in a while. You can use the automations for email marketing, lead scoring, and sales goals.
With automations in place, use ClickUp Dashboards to track the progress of all of your sales projects. The fully customizable dashboard makes it easy to allocate resources and highlight bottlenecks in the sales process.
Keep track of your entire sales funnel in one space with ClickUp Sales. The simplified setup lets you see the entire sales pipeline at a glance. You can track account activity and collaborate with team members to close deals.
Plus, use ClickUp’s built-in CRM to gather data and view client relationships. Communications are fast-tracked thanks to centralized customer outreach portals. Easily build your customer database and assign priority and custom fields to make it easy for sales teams to conduct better outreach. 🛠️
ClickUp best features
- There are more than 1,000 templates, including the Daily Sales Report Template from ClickUp, which makes it easy to get visibility into sales efforts and trends
- Task automation streamlines inbound leads and assigns relevant work to the most important decision-makers
- Custom fields and statuses keep track of email automation, drip campaigns, and e-commerce sales activities in one place
- Work in one space with dozens of integrations
- Right now, ClickUp AI is only on the desktop version, but the rollout for mobile is on its way
- The sheer number of features means it takes a little time to get a hold of the full functionality
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month (free trial)
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (3,700+ reviews)
2. Sales Cloud from Salesforce
Combining AI, data, and CRM in one place, Sales Cloud from Salesforce makes it easier for sales reps to do their jobs. This sales automation software lets you dive into the customer journey to get insights and boost engagement—improving the sales process.
The tool also improves customer relationships by instantly creating notifications when new products roll out and automating email campaigns based on user intent. Other automation features include recurring billing, performance management tracking, and insights for revenue optimization.
Sales Cloud best features
- Built-in generative and predictive AI makes it easy to create personalized sales emails and call summaries in seconds
- The Einstein GPT feature protects your sensitive company information whenever you use artificial intelligence models to craft email sequences, landing pages, and other marketing campaigns
- The all-in-one CRM streamlines pipeline management and offers tools to boost revenue based on existing customers
- Offers a free trial of its sales automation software to get started
Sales Cloud limitations
- Some users felt there was too much customization, taking their sales teams more time than necessary to set up processes
- The user interface takes time to learn for some sales teams and isn’t always intuitive
Sales Cloud pricing
- Starter: $25/month per user
- Professional: $80/month per user
- Enterprise: $165/month per user
- Unlimited: $330/month per user
Sales Cloud ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (15,700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (17,700+ reviews)
3. Sales Hub from HubSpot
HubSpot is one of the best marketing tools out there, but its sales offering is also useful for teams that want to streamline workflows. The CRM platform lets you automatically create emails to send to customer segments and organize your pipeline based on task status. ✅
Use HubSpot Sales to improve lead nurturing, gain insights for sales forecasting, and create automated workflows. Whether you’re looking to streamline administrative tasks like reporting or sales tasks like creating and sending outbound emails, this tool gets the job done.
HubSpot best features
- The mobile CRM app makes it easy to get work done anywhere—even when you’re out running between prospective client meetings
- Automate tasks to free up time so the sales team can actively pursue better prospects in half the time
- Call tracking automatically logs sales calls to boost efficiency
- The pricing plans go up quickly, but there are free trial options for sales teams
- There aren’t many integrations, so some users felt forced to use it as an all-in-one tool when they preferred to use a blend of tools
- Free: $0
- Starter: $45/month
- Professional: $450/month
- Enterprise: $1,200/month
HubSpot ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (10,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (400+ reviews)
Overloop is a sales automation platform and productivity solution designed to make life for sales reps easier than ever. The main focus of the sales automation tool is to streamline sales campaigns and boost customer engagement.
Start by building lists of potential customers and automatically send out campaigns across channels. Manage the pipeline from outreach to onboarding and use the generated insights to improve your processes.
Overloop best features
- Integrations with email tools like Gmail and Office 365 make it easy to send cold emails and keep track of open rates and responses
- The Email Finder tool helps locate email addresses for potential contacts
- The CSV import feature lets you bring over emails and contact information from tools like HubSpot and Pipedrive
- Some users felt the tool was not scalable, making it challenging for companies that are growing rapidly
- Compared to competitors, users felt there should be more emailing features
- Basic: $99/user/month
- Agency Pricing: Custom rates
Overloop ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (1+ reviews)
Growbots is an outbound sales automation tool that aims to make finding your next customer easier. Signing up for an account gives you access to more than 180 million verified prospects. Narrow the list down by choosing from 15 criteria, including industry and revenue.
Based on your entries, you’ll get a list of prospects with their contact details, including emails, social media accounts, and phone numbers. You pay only for the leads you want. Next, use the built-in dashboards to run A/B testing, automate outbound emails, and monitor replies.
Growbots best features
- The prospects database is continuously updated using live email verification, ensuring up-to-date information
- Advanced filters let you narrow down your target audience when sending outreach emails
- Customize campaigns by creating unlimited email templates, adding tasks like phone calls to sequences, and scheduling outreach based on the prospects’ time zone
- Some users felt the platform interface was confusing
- Others felt there should be more customization when reaching out to new leads
- Outreach: $49/month
- All-in-One: $199/month
- Pro: Custom pricing/month
Growbots ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (40+ reviews)
Pipedrive is a sales CRM featuring a visual sales pipeline to track progress and accelerate growth. Team collaboration features make it easy to work with other sales reps and celebrate wins. Use Pipedrive to simplify data entry, automate meeting scheduling, and discover new approaches for your sales campaigns. 👩🏽💼
Custom filters let you segment target markets for better outreach. Reporting dashboards and revenue forecasts keep your team accountable. Pipedrive’s ClickUp integration lets you automatically sync tasks and connect your CRM with your larger project management tool.
Pipedrive best features
- AI technology gives insights into campaigns and automates workflows for more effective sales outreach
- You can create activity reminders to monitor your sales funnel and increase sales engagement with timely campaigns
- The user-friendly interface is easy for beginners to use, making it a great choice for teams with newer sales reps
- Not all features are available on the lower-priced plan
- Some users found it hard to get help from customer support
- Essential: $21.90/month per user
- Advanced: $37.90/month per user
- Professional: $59.90/month per user
- Power: $74.90/month per user
- Enterprise: $119/month per user
Pipedrive ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (1,600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2,800+ reviews)
UpLead is a sales automation tool designed to make crafting lead lists quick for B2B businesses. While other tools automatically scrape millions of emails and data, this one focuses on providing only the most qualified leads—with a 95% or higher accuracy rate.
UpLead best features
- The mobile and direct dialer feature gives you accurate phone information for each lead
- Intent-focused data means you get access to prospects that are already looking for your products and services
- Real-time email verification ensures you’re reaching out to valid, active prospects
- Some users felt the UI was outdated
- Subscriptions are automatically renewed so you’ll need to remember to cancel
- Free Trial: $0 for seven-day trial
- Essentials: $74/month
- Plus: $149/month
- Professional: Custom pricing
UpLead ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (70+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (70+ reviews)
8. Freshsales by Freshworks
Freshsales is a smart CRM designed to help sales reps close leads faster and more effectively. The sales tool uses AI to score leads, helping you identify the most important targets more quickly.
Automate lead management work and sales processes to free up time for other projects. Use templates to create reminders and draft cold outreach emails. 📨
Freshsales best features
- Behavior-based sales sequences help you hone in on potential customers who are ready to use your products and services
- Use silos to dive deeper into the customer mindset and meet them where they are in their journey
- Automatic scoring factors make it easy to see qualified leads to prioritize the most important prospects
- Some users found the interface wasn’t as intuitive as they’d like
- The tool doesn’t always define leads accurately
- Free: $0 for up to three users
- Growth: $18/month per user
- Pro: $47/month per user
- Enterprise: $83/month per user
Freshsales ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (500+ reviews)
9. Zendesk Sell
Zendesk Sell is a sales automation platform that offers greater insights into your sales pipeline and puts your sales process on autopilot. The high-quality CRM software lets you automate manual tasks to boost productivity and streamline sales management procedures.
Use Zendesk to see what your customers want at different points in the sales funnel. Get analytics to build better outreach campaigns. Then take it a step further by using the API to connect your tech stack and integrate with the apps you use daily.
Zendesk best features
- Built-in contact management tools make it easy to keep track of leads and contact them via SMS, direct-dialing phone calls, and emails
- You can create custom templates and send bulk emails in half the time
- Custom triggers and automated tasks keep the sales team especially the sales reps on schedule
- The more advanced features tend to be expensive
- There’s a learning curve, making it harder for new users
- Sell Team: $25/month per agent
- Sell Growth: $69/month per agent
- Sell Professional: $149/month per agent
Zendesk ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (100+ reviews)
Keap is a tool designed for small businesses looking to scale their sales process. Use the intuitive interface to gather prospective leads, create personalized automations to limit busy work, and send engaging messages to your audience.
Keap best features
- Automations save hours, freeing up time for your team to engage better with qualified leads
- Thanks to clear contact organization, you can reach out to the appropriate segments with targeted products
- Real-time reporting on the home dashboard lets you see progress when it comes to sales targets
- Some actions involve more steps than necessary, slowing down the sales process
- With large amounts of data, some metrics take a long time to load
- Pro: $199/month
- Max: $289/month
Keap ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (1,400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (1,200+ reviews)
Sell Better With Sales Automation Tools Like ClickUp
With the best sales automation software, you’re sure to find ways to serve your customers more effectively. From task automation tools to lead generators, there’s a tool on this list for every sales goal. 🌻
Sign up for ClickUp today to start automating workflows, build better lead pipelines, and engage with your customers. Save time by automatically creating tasks for busy work, and use the CRM features to organize your leads.