Whether you’re working with B2B or B2C clients, effective onboarding is more than a nice bonus—it’s an essential component of maintaining a successful client relationship. In fact, a 2020 Wyzowl study found that 86% of new customers stay loyal to businesses that offer post-purchase onboarding content.
So how do you ensure you provide the best onboarding experience possible?
Glad you asked.
In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into the 10 best client onboarding software apps that will structure and streamline your internal processes and give your clients a better experience. 🤩
What Should You Look for In Client Onboarding Software?
With so many options, choosing the right customer onboarding tool can feel overwhelming. To simplify your decision making, consider these key factors:
- User-friendliness: Time spent learning a complicated system is time taken away from your clients. Your team should quickly master the software independently or with help from the tool’s knowledge base
- Automated workflows: Opt for software that automates repetitive tasks so you can speed up internal processes, freeing up time to focus on building good client relationships
- Integrations: Ensure the software easily integrates with your current customer relationship management (CRM) systems, project management tools, and payment gateways. This ensures smooth data flow, which minimizes manual data entry and risks of errors
- Communication channels: Streamline your communication plans with software that has built-in communication tools or integrates with your communication software
- Analytics and reporting: The software should let you evaluate the effectiveness of your customer onboarding process by tracking time spent, customer engagement, and conversion metrics
- Feedback tools: Your chosen software should allow you to gather feedback, so you can better understand client needs and pain points for future improvements 🛠️
The 10 Best Client Onboarding Software to Use in 2023
We searched high and low to build this list of the 10 best client onboarding software programs, each tailored to a specific use case. Whatever your business needs, there’s a tool that’ll simplify and enhance your onboarding process. Get ready to build successful and lasting client relationships. 🌻
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management tool that’s also perfect for streamlining client onboarding and managing customer relationships.
The platform offers numerous features that make client onboarding simple, like customizable ClickUp Forms. Use them to onboard new clients by collecting key details from the get-go. They’re also effective for gathering client feedback throughout your relationship, allowing you to continually adjust and improve your services. 🙌
With ClickUp, give your onboarding a welcoming touch by creating personalized portals. They make it easy to access training materials and onboarding checklists, so your new clients don’t get lost.
You can also bring multiple teams together with the ClickUp Client Success Collaboration Template, designed to enhance the overall customer experience.
ClickUp best features:
- Collaborate with your team in ClickUp Docs to create welcome guides, checklists, and resources for your clients
- Keep your team in sync with ClickUp’s project management features
- Use any of the 100+ ClickUp AI prompts to quickly write and edit task descriptions, client emails, and training plans
- Set up recurring tasks to regularly follow up with clients
- Connect with your favorite business tools via Zapier and ClickUp’s 100+ native integrations
- Forms are limited on the free plan
- New users may face a learning curve
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Note: ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,700+ reviews)
ChurnZero is customer success software designed for subscription-based businesses (like SaaS providers) to gain insights into product usage, drive product adoption, and effectively reduce customer churn rates.
Connect it to your SaaS platform and track usage behavior over time, like how frequently clients log in and which features they’re using. This helps you see what parts of your product might be hard for them to use so you can offer tailored support (e.g., with ChurnZero’s in-app walkthrough feature). 💁
ChurnZero is the perfect tool for SaaS businesses looking to boost customer retention by actively engaging with clients, proactively addressing their needs, and decreasing time to value.
ChurnZero best features:
- Track customer details like their start date, next renewal date, license count, last activity, and NPS score
- Get client churn scores to identify satisfied accounts and those that need attention
- Create unlimited customer segments (user groups with similar characteristics and needs) to analyze usage patterns and tailor outreach efforts
- Set up automated alerts and actions triggered by specific stages in the customer journey, such as onboarding, or changes in customer data
- Dashboard isn’t customizable
- Tagging team members and real-time interactions aren’t available
- Doesn’t allow you to delete client accounts—you have to contact ChurnZero’s customer support team
- Contact for pricing
ChurnZero ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,091 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (126 reviews)
Clientary is an all-in-one project and client management and onboarding software for capturing leads, tracking simple tasks and billable hours, and managing proposals, estimates, and invoices. Plus, the native Stripe integration lets you accept payments online via credit card or ACH bank transfers.
Whether you’re a freelancer, consultant, or agency owner, Clientary is designed to take the stress out of getting paid by clients and managing business finances.
Clientary best features:
- Easy to maintain a database of all clients, including contact information, outstanding invoice amounts, and important notes for customer success
- Customize invoice templates with your brand logo and colors, multiple currencies, and taxes
- Create a portal for clients to view estimates, invoices, and project progress
- Generate timesheet, payment, and expense reports for a specific client or all clients within a specific timeframe or help with general customer onboarding
- Lacks advanced project management features like custom fields and multiple views
- User interface has limited customization options
- Limited integration with major payment gateways and other third-party apps
- Solo: $19/month (1 staff user)
- Team: $39.month (3 staff users)
- Agency: $59/month (5 staff users)
Note: Additional users are available on the Agency plan at $10/month per user
Clientary ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (37 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (45 reviews)
Demio is an easy-to-use client onboarding software for hosting online events like webinars, workshops, and conferences. It provides various interactive elements like polls, handouts, screen sharing, chat, and featured action (aka call-to-action). Since it’s a browser-based tool, attendees don’t need to download any software or plugins to join webinars. 👨💻
Demio is great for solopreneurs, marketing teams, and SaaS startups looking to use webinars to generate leads, onboard new users, and conduct product demos for better customer success.
Demio best features:
- Create webinars, registration pages, and email reminders with your company logo and colors
- Redirect attendees to a custom URL when the webinar ends
- Record webinars automatically, so you can share replays with attendees and others after the events
- Integrate with Zapier and other popular apps like Hubspot, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and ConvertKit
- No desktop or mobile app
- Limited native integrations
- Screen sharing feature only shares your entire screen, not a specific window or tab
- Starter: $59/month (single host)
- Growth: Starts at $109/month per host
- Premium: Starts at $2,200/year per host
- Unlimited: Starts at $22,000/year
Demio ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (139 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (240 reviews)
Moovila is an autonomous project monitoring and management tool that centralizes project data, analyzes workflows, and reduces project risks. It provides real-time insights into project health, raises potential issues, and provides actionable steps to resolve them to get the project back on track.
Moovila is best suited for project managers and Project Management Office (PMO) teams looking to actively manage project risks to ensure a smooth client onboarding process and long-term client relationships.
Moovila best features:
- Visualize project plans in multiple views: List, Kanban, Gantt, Calendar, and Thumbnail
- Identify and prioritize critical tasks and project deliverables that impact the finish date of a project timeline
- Receive alerts when potential issues are detected or milestones are at risk 🚨
- Integrate with commonly used apps like Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft Teams, Hubspot, and Salesforce
- Clunky interface compared to other client onboarding software
- Limited integrations and customization options
- Only JPG format is available for exporting project reports
- Starter: $31.25/month per user
- Sapphire: Contact for pricing
- Diamond: Contact for pricing
- For MSPs: Contact for pricing
- Activate: Contact for pricing
Moovila ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.8/5 (13 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (39 reviews)
Notion is a versatile workspace and collaboration tool that allows users to centralize a variety of content—from notes to databases to task boards. Use this client onboarding software to store client information, capture project details, assign tasks to team members, and track progress. 📈
Notion’s permission settings allow granular control when sharing workspace pages with clients. Choose whether they get view, comment, edit, or full access.
For digital marketing agencies and consulting firms looking for a flexible canvas to streamline and collaborate on client projects, Notion is the tool for you.
Notion best features:
- Get started with any of the 5,000+ templates covering use cases like project roadmaps, dashboards, and budget trackers
- Collaborate in real-time with your team on company wikis and databases
- Integrate with popular tools like Google Drive, Canva, Calendly, Zoom, and Slack
- Supports multiple languages, including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, and Korean
- No native time-tracking functionality in the customer onboarding software
- Slows down when working on large projects
- Doesn’t support notifications for scheduled tasks
- Free plan
- Plus: $10/month per user
- Business: $18/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Notion ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (4,766 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1,782 reviews)
GuideCX’s project management and customer onboarding software enhances real-time visibility and collaboration between teams. It also helps you manage clients through the entire customer lifecycle. Use any of its customizable templates to standardize your onboarding process and save time on future projects.
If you often find yourself waiting for clients to finish their parts of a project or spending long hours in project update meetings, GuideCX can help you streamline collaboration and keep projects on track.
GuideCX best features:
- Invite team members, customers, and other stakeholders to view and complete tasks
- Visualize the percentage of project tasks in various stages—such as Not Started, Working on It, Stuck, and Done—using the progress bar
- Receive in-app or email alerts when assigned a task or when tasks are close to their due dates
- Gather customer feedback with customer satisfaction (CSAT) surveys when a milestone is reached
- Gets slow when updating tasks compared to other client onboarding software options in this list
- CSAT surveys aren’t customizable which can make it challenging to collect customer feedback
- Starter: $100/month
- Professional: Contact for pricing
- Premium: Contact for pricing
- Advanced: Contact for pricing
GuideCX ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (329 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (29 reviews)
Pipefy is a process management tool that allows businesses to organize and automate their operations through pipes (aka Kanban workflows).
Using pipes for different processes like lead qualification, sales, and customer onboarding, teams track tasks at different stages of completion. Plus, it’s easy to automate repetitive tasks like creating new Kanban cards, moving them, and updating their fields.
These features make it ideal for small businesses looking for a Kanban-like approach to visually organize and monitor their onboarding workflows.
Pipefy best features:
- Customize any of the templates from the extensive template library to manage different business processes
- Use forms to capture and store information on Kanban cards
- Track the history of each task (aka Kanban card), including its workflow stages, shared files, and comments
- View a summary of tasks in each phase of a flow, and see which are on time, late, or completed
- Few native integrations on the customer onboarding platform
- Only offers list and Kanban views
- Automated follow-up emails from Pipefy are often delivered to the Spam folder
Pipefy text pricing:
- Starter: Free
- Business: $23/month per user
- Enterprise: $38/month per user
- Unlimited: Contact for pricing
Pipefy ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.6/5 (214 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (303 reviews)
Userflow is a digital adoption and client onboarding platform that streamlines user onboarding for software companies. It allows them to create step-by-step in-app product tours, checklists, and surveys without writing any code.
With its user onboarding features, clients get up to speed with a product’s key features and, in effect, boosts engagement and improves overall client satisfaction. ✨
Userflow is especially helpful for SaaS businesses looking to provide a seamless user experience, drive user adoption, and boost retention rates.
Userflow best features:
- Create and customize customer onboarding flows with zero coding experience
- Use segmentation to tailor the customer onboarding experience to specific user groups
- Automate flows based on events like signing up, page visits, and feature usages
- Visualize how users journey through flows with metrics like view and completion rates for better customer success rates
- Only works with web apps
- Few native integrations
- Surveys have limited customization compared to other client onboarding software
Userflow text pricing:
- Startup: Starts at $300/month
- Pro: Starts at $850/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Userflow ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.8/5 (95 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (12 reviews)
Jotform is a no-code online form builder for collecting customer data through registration forms, surveys, order forms, and more. Its conditional logic feature lets you adapt forms by showing, updating, or hiding specific fields depending on user inputs.
Additionally, Jotform tables make it easy to organize and handle form submissions. Switch between Table, Calendar, Card, and Upload views to visualize data based on your preferences.
Jotform best features:
- Build forms from scratch or from any of Jotform’s templates in an intuitive, drag-and-drop interface
- Translate forms into 130+ languages, including English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, and Portuguese
- Share access to your forms via links, QR codes, and webpage embeds, or download them as fillable PDFs
- Integrate with 100+ tools, including payment gateways like PayPal, Google Pay, Stripe, CashApp Pay, Square, and Apple Pay
- Free plan has Jotform branding and is limited to 5 forms and 100 monthly submissions
- The software runs slow and glitchy at times, especially when working on long and complex forms
- New users might face a learning curve
- Free plan
- Bronze: $39/month
- Silver: $49/month
- Gold: $129/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Jotform ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (204 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1,559 reviews)
Make a Lasting First Impression With the Perfect Customer Onboarding Platform
Choosing the best customer onboarding solution is key to successful onboarding and positive client relationships—and we’ve laid out the 10 best options available on the market today. 🏆
What features matter the most to you? Automated workflows? Team collaboration? Integration with your current tech stack? Client feedback collection? Cross-platform compatibility?
If you’re looking for a tool that has all these features and more, then check out ClickUp. Sign up today and access its powerful features for free.