Looking for the best form builder software?
A web form is an easy and quick way to collect information from employees, customers, and clients.
With the right online form builder, you can create an incredibly responsive form that instantly captures and stores data. You can use the results to improve your business processes, get insight into employee opinions, and develop new and crazy ideas.
But that’s what you can do with the right form builder.
So how do you decide which form builder is perfect for you?
In this article, we’ll take a look at what form builder software is, and cover the top eight tools you can use, along with their key features, pros, cons, pricing, and user ratings.
Let’s get some answers!
What Is Form Builder Software?
Businesses build forms to collect customer or employee feedback, document customer account applications, gather event sign-ups, and even get insights into pets!
Fun fact: A 1995 survey revealed that seven out of ten British dogs get Christmas gifts from their doting owners. 🐶
Online form builder software gives you an easy way to gather all this data in a consistent and automated way. The form data collected can also be instantly analyzed and stored.
A form builder tool is also a great alternative to old school hardcopy surveys, which, as we all know, can be a drag to fill in…
The Top 8 Form Builder Software In 2021
To help you help your customers, employees, and anyone else avoid the agony of a paper form, here’s the top form builder software on the market:
From helping you with form creation to having every other key feature you could possibly need, ClickUp is the answer to your form building prayers! 🙌
ClickUp key features
Here are just some of the reasons why ClickUp is the ultimate form builder tool:
1. Form view
ClickUp’s Form view lets you build beautiful forms to collect any information. And, you can create tasks from form responses to take action on them whenever you’re ready.
On top of that, ClickUp lets you configure your form in tons of different ways.
Here are just some of the cool things you can customize with the Form View:
- Assignee: Choose default Assignees for each form submission
- Response message: Create a custom message for users who complete a form
- Avatar: Choose the image you want to appear at the top of your form
- Theme: Customize your form to let your brand shine! 🤩
- Colors: Choose the color of your buttons 🌈
Want to know everything about the Form view? Check out some form building tips.
2. Custom Fields
Field types are spaces where your respondents fill in info.
And lucky for you, ClickUp offers a ton of those, such as:
- Long text
- Ratings, and a lot more.
Let’s clarify what custom fields are:
Custom Fields help you capture data from different types of questions.
For example, opinion questions need large, plain text fields, whereas multiple choice questions need dropdown lists.
By customizing the fields where your respondents answer questions, you’re making the form more straightforward for them to fill in.
And with ClickUp, you can even add Hidden Fields to your forms for a more efficient experience.
For example, let’s say you already know your customer’s name and email address since they already subscribed to your email campaigns. Hidden Fields automatically fill this info right into your form so respondents can skip filling out this information.
3. Create Tasks
You can use ClickUp to create tasks automatically from form responses.
But how do you keep track of all the tasks?
Don’t worry, simply use Task Labels and descriptions!
You can add your form info to the task description.
This way, you can find the right tasks quickly and combine similar requests together.
4. Task templates
Create the perfect Task Template for anything that you know you’ll need to do again.
This way, you can reuse them for similar forms in the future.
5. Easy shareability
It’s also super easy to share your forms.
All you need to do is copy the direct link to the form and share it with whoever you want (Literally, that’s all!)
Additionally, you can opt to add an HTML form to your landing page via the Embed code section.
- Powerful free version with unlimited users
- Easy-to-use user interface with online and offline mode
- Mind Maps to help you brainstorm form questions and project workflows
- Multiple Views to adapt to Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or any project style
- Create and keep track of your company Goals
- Create Task Templates to speed up task creation
- Customized Task Statuses for your project needs
- Collaborate in real-time with team members with Docs
- Powerful Project Templates
- 50+ Task Automations to streamline any project workflow
- Task Dependencies helps teams complete tasks in the right order
- Integrates with several third-party software like Evernote, Time Doctor, Salesforce, and more
- Add and manage tasks using our Mobile Apps (available on iPad, iPhone, and Android)
- Can’t export Dashboards
- No tags for Docs
Check out ClickUp’s roadmap here to see how we’re fixing these minor drawbacks.
Also, check out all the exciting features that this awesome form builder software has in store for you!
ClickUp has a powerful free plan for unlimited users with paid versions starting at just $5/user per month.
ClickUp customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
2. Google Forms
Google Forms is a free form builder software that automatically saves your form results to a Google Sheets spreadsheet for advanced analysis.
Speaking of…here’s our advanced analysis on Google Forms:
Google Forms key features
- Ready-made form templates
- Choose from form element options like short and long-answer text boxes, checkboxes, multiple-choice selections, dropdown menus, and file upload options
- Share your online form with teammates for easy collaboration
Google Forms pros
- The tool is free; all you need is a Google Account.
- Has basic conditional logic which adjusts what questions people see based on the answers they provide
- Use the Google Sheets integration to view and analyze online form responses
Google Forms cons
- The app has no feature to collect customer payments
- You need internet access to use this online form builder
- Limited templates and customization options
Looking for better options? Check out these Google forms alternatives.
Google Forms pricing
This form builder is available for free. And if you get it as part of G-Suite (which offers additional security features) prices start at $6/user per month.
Google Forms customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (9000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (6000+ reviews)
3. Microsoft Forms
Microsoft Forms is an online form builder that stores all your form responses in Microsoft Excel for you.
But how Excel-lent is this app?
Let’s find out:
MS Forms key features
- Built-in AI and smart recommendations help you collect the right feedback
- Make your forms your own with customizable themes
- Send users a direct link to respond once you’re finished building your online form
MS Forms pros
- Use the Microsoft Excel integration to get detailed insights into your collected data
- Outlook integration makes it easy to share forms via email
- Can be used on any browser on any device
MS Forms cons
- Doesn’t offer folders, which makes organizing forms difficult
- Lack of rich text editing features such as bold fonts, underlined, italic, subscripts, superscripts, colors, math functions
- Users can’t save an online form for later use or update a submitted response
MS Forms pricing
This form builder is free for personal use if you have a Microsoft Account. Its paid plan offers more templates and starts at $5/user per month (paid annually.)
MS Forms customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
4. Elementor Form Builder
Elementor is a powerful WordPress website builder. Used by more than 6% of all the world’s websites, Elementor offers a visual form builder perfect for WordPress sites.
What are some of the elements that make this Element-or form builder so cool?
Elementor form builder key features
- Code-free, intuitive drag-and-drop creation process
- Collect any type of data using 10+ different fields
- Colors and typography that match your brand and style
Elementor form builder pros
- You can create engaging and simplified multi-step forms
- You can backup your form submissions data and manage it in Elementor
- The form builder includes all the fields you might need (e.g. file upload, acceptance, data, time, html and password fields)
Elementor form builder cons
- Isn’t offered in the free version
- No conditional logic yet
Elementor form builder prices
Elementor’s powerful visual form builder is available to Elementor Pro users. Packages begin at $49 US per year.
Elementor customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (120+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (450+ reviews)
5. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is a WordPress plugin that was initially created for basic contact information forms.
But can Gravity “pull” all the information you need?
Let’s take a look at it:
Gravity Forms key features
- 30+ ready to use form fields
- Perform advanced calculations based on submitted field values
- Email auto-responders to keep you in the loop every time a form is submitted
Gravity Forms pros
- Users can save a partially-completed online form and return later to finish it
- Conditional logic allows you to choose what fields, sections, buttons, and pages are hidden or shown
- Access to mobile forms
- The basic license lets you create unlimited forms
Gravity Forms cons
- Each new feature is a separate plugin, which can be expensive and time-consuming to install
- It costs $249 to get access to more than three perks, which isn’t viable for small businesses and startups
- Doesn’t offer a free plan
Gravity Forms pricing
Paid plans start from $59 per year.
Gravity Forms customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (16+ reviews)
6. Pabbly Form Builder
Pabbly is an online form builder that’s a part of a suite of tools. Once you buy this form builder app, you get access to a bunch of applications like email marketing, billing, and automations.
But how suite is this form creator?
Let’s find out:
Pabbly Form Builder key features
- Variety of pre-built templates
- Custom payment gateway and multi-currency features allow you to collect payments easily through online payment forms
- The simple drag-and-drop editor allows you to add, remove, or customize any block you want to create your Pabbly form
Pabbly Form Builder pros
- Integrate this form builder app with 300+ other applications, including Google Sheets and WordPress
- Analytics feature to track form entries
- SSL-encryption secures your data and information from hackers
Pabbly Form Builder cons
- Doesn’t support mobile apps
- Lacks the ‘location’ form field
- More expensive than other form builder software
Pabbly Form Builder pricing
The pricing for this web form builder starts at $15/month per form.
Pabbly Form Builder customer ratings
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
7. Zoho Forms
Zoho Forms is an easy-to-use online form builder used to create forms for any purpose. Whether you need an application form or wedding invitation RSVP, this form maker has your back.
But does it have everything you need?
Zoho Forms key features
- Create responsive forms without coding
- Send instant updates via email to your respondents whenever they submit an online form
- Assign any form submission to your team members so they can start working on a related task
- Payments and order form management
Zoho Forms pros
- Secure payment gateways to receive payments through your form
- Offline form creation though the mobile app
- Create a template with your company’s colors, logo, and themes
Zoho Forms cons
- There aren’t a lot of form template options
- If a user wants to return to a form later, they have to save a code snippet first. This can drive away the average user
- No ‘location’ form field
Zoho Forms pricing
This form builder has a limited free plan with only three forms. Its paid plans start at $10/user per month.
Zoho Forms customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (50+ reviews)
8. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a WordPress online form builder.
This form builder app is 100% beginner-friendly and makes you feel like you’re a software developer while creating a detailed form.
But, can Ninja Forms really help you become a master of forms?
Let’s find out:
Ninja Forms key features
- Can help you easily design beautiful and complex forms
- Easy to use drag and drop fields and simple row and column layouts
- Integrates with apps like Zoho and Salesforce
Ninja Forms pros
- Form submissions can be sent or exported as PDFs, MS Excel files, and even as Google Sheets
- Accept payments securely through PayPal or a credit card from any WordPress form
- The support team is very responsive and resolves issues quickly
Ninja forms cons
- Core plugin has limited functionality
- It costs more if you want plugins like letting users save their progress and conditional logic features
Ninja Forms pricing
The pricing plan for this form software starts at $29 when charged annually.
Ninja Forms customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Time To Analyze The Data 📊
Using form builder software is one of the easiest ways to create forms for data collection.
Form apps have features like easy-to-use drag and features and conditional logic that make your forms enjoyable for users to fill in.
But to make the most intuitive and beautiful forms, you need a tool that will make users Click(Up) on the survey in the first place.
We wonder what tool could help you do that? 😉
Get ClickUp for free to create the most beautiful and intricate forms today!
Questions? Comments? We're here for you 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org!