Looking for the best BPM software?
Business process management is one of the most essential processes for any company. It helps you optimize your workflows to make sure everything flows as smoothly as possible.
However, BPM is an intricate process, so you can’t just use any tool for it, right?
What you need is a specialized BPM tool.
It’s a platform dedicated to optimizing and automating all your business-related processes and workflows.
In this article, we’ll cover what BPM software is and highlight eight popular BPM tools available today. We’ll review key features, pros, cons, pricing, and customer ratings to help you pick the best one!
Let’s get started!
Top 8 BPM Tools In 2023
Here’s a list of the top eight business process management tools that’ll help you optimize any work process in 2023:
Whether it’s process automation, tracking progress, or resource management, ClickUp can handle anything you throw at it!
How ClickUp helps in business process management:
- Workflow Automation: with 50+ pre-built workflow automation commands, you can automate repetitive tasks in a jiffy or even customize and build your own automated workflows for workflow management
- Custom Task Statuses: create relevant and customized task statuses for any type of project
- Task Checklists: use detailed to-do lists to breakdown your tasks into smaller, manageable chunks
- ClickUp Docs: easily create, share, and store project or company-related documents with your virtual or in-house team
- Dashboards and Reporting: use ClickUp’s Agile Dashboards to visualize and measure your project progress and team performance with charts like Velocity, Burnup, Burndown, and Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Multiple Assignees: easily assign more than one team member or even a Team to a collaborative project or task
- Powerful Integrations: whether it’s a communication, video calling, or time tracking tool, ClickUp offers integration with tons of apps from Slack and Zoom to Toggl and Google Drive
- User-friendly interface
- Offers a feature-rich free version
- Easy workflow management with drag and drop functionality
- Create an automated process for easy task management
- Can adapt to any project style with Multiple Views
- Can quickly assign tasks to any team member
- Plan complex processes or draw process diagrams with Mind Maps
- Can keep track of project timeline with Gantt Chart
- Can highlight a task’s Priority as low, normal, high, and urgent
- Create Task Dependencies to ensure the tasks are attempted in the correct order
- Supports Native Time Tracking to know how long your project and workflow tasks take to complete
- Available as powerful desktop, browser, and mobile apps
- No white-labeling available
- Can’t export Dashboards
ClickUp offers a powerful free version with tons of useful features. However, for added functionality, paid plans start at just $5/user per month.
ClickUp customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (1300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
2. Process Street
Process Street is a simple BPM solution that helps an enterprise manage recurring business processes.
But are you barking up the wrong “street” if you use it to manage your business process?
Let’s take a look!
Process Street key features
- Can quickly create and assign checklist workflows
- Dashboard for tracking task activity in real-time
- Workflow automations that can trigger actions in apps like Salesforce, Jira, Slack, and more
- Approvals for streamlining an authorized BPM process
- Scheduled checklists and process automation modules
Process Street pros
- Simple user-interface
- Can easily create structured process documents
- Can add audio and video files to documents
- Easily track daily activity with activity feed
Process Street cons
- No offline version available
- Doesn’t offer desktop apps
- Base pricing plan lacks priority support
Process Street pricing
Offers a free forever plan for 1 member. Paid plans start at $25/user per month.
Process Street customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (110+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (480+ reviews)
Kissflow is a cloud-based BPM software solution for businesses of all sizes. This workflow management software supports business processes automation and performance monitoring features.
So can you use it to “kiss” your BPM problems goodbye?
Let’s take a look.
Kissflow key features
- Assign and track service tickets for quick resolution
- Dashboards to get key insights into processes
- Can automate assignments, notifications, and escalations
- Scalable to handle large data volume and complexity
- Single sign-on for any other platform like G Suite and Office365
- Adjust workflow for easy business process reengineering without coding
- Can assign users to any step of the business process
- Offers customizable reports
- Can link workflows with third-party tools
- Can be difficult to onboard a novice business user
- Can’t assign tasks to multiple users without creating groups
- Expensive pricing plans
The paid plans for this BPM software solution start at $10/user per month.
Kissflow customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (460+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.8/5 (20+ reviews)
Appian is an app development platform that allows developers to build process-centric applications. While it’s not a traditional process management software, it can help optimize your existing business activity processes.
Appian key features
- Drag and drop capability for creating processes quickly
- Ability to view real-time task and process related data
- Integrate data from RDBMS, cloud services, or legacy systems
- Process repository to store previously designed workflows
- Low-code automation platform for process improvement
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- Can easily define critical business policies and procedures
- Quickly create task forms and dashboards
- Can access workflows and processes from anywhere
- Limited flexibility when it comes to customizations
- Requires basic coding knowledge
- Can’t assign comments to a specific team member
A Free plan is offered for up to 15 users. Paid plans start at $75/user per month.
Appian customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (60+ reviews)
Bitrix24 is a communication and collaboration platform used by teams as a customer relationship management (CRM) and project management software tool.
However, if you’re looking for a simple software solution that you can use “24/7”, you might want to look somewhere else.
Bitrix24 key features
- Offers tasks with templates, checklists, and subtasks
- Instant messenger for quick internal communications
- No-Code RPA
- Can easily store and share documents in three types of drives
- Calendars for efficient employee and resource management
- Convenient and intuitive CRM interface
- Can easily help you monitor your sales funnel
- Can use it as an HRMS (Human Resource Management System)
- Offers both Android and iOS apps
- Difficult onboarding
- Limited built-in task statuses
- Lacks Agile management features like Agile charts
Bitrix24 offers a free plan for unlimited users. Paid plans start at $49/month for all users.
Bitrix24 customer ratings
- G2: 4.0/5 (340+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.0/5 (420+ reviews)
Check out these Bitrix24 alternatives!
Smartsheet is a spreadsheet-based business process management tool that helps in planning, managing, and tracking projects.
And if you’re a fan of spreadsheets, you’ll love it. However, unless you live in the 90s, this BPM software tool may seem outdated.
Smartsheet key features
- Can create and use web forms to collect data
- Gantt view to get a timeline of project dependencies and milestones
- Row, card, and sheet conversations to easily discuss project details
- Permissions levels to determine if people can view, edit, or be an admin
- Sheet templates to quickly address specific business problems
- Can build simple, automated workflows for a repetitive and manual process
- Can upload attachments in conversations and sheets
- Third-party app integrations with apps like Salesforce and Jira
- Offers mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices
- Spreadsheets aren’t a user-friendly way to manage processes
- Lacks dedicated activity stream
- Lacks a built-in time tracking functionality
The paid plans for this BPM platform start at $7/user per month.
Smartsheet customer ratings
- G2: 4.2/5 (2000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (1500+ reviews)
Check out these Smartsheet alternatives!
Nintex is a platform that helps you create, automate, and optimize business workflows and processes. However, it’s not the most affordable BPM solution for most teams.
Nintex key features
- Can visually plan and map business operations or processes
- Automate repetitive work with robotic process automation
- Optimize processes with third-party AI, machine learning and Natural Language Processing
- Offers workflows for process and document approval
- User-friendly interface
- Personalized dashboards and process mapping
- Drag and drop designer for easy workflow creation
- Can easily integrate with business apps like SharePoint
- Difficult to build and manage complex processes
- Third-party app integration can be difficult
- Expensive pricing plans
Paid plans start at $25,000/year for unlimited users, unlimited workflows, and 2,000 document generations.
Nintex customer ratings
- G2: 4.2/5 (650+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (70+ reviews)
8. Bizagi Modeler
Bizagi Modeler, part of the Bizagi BPM Suite, is another popular business process management software. This process modeler tool helps users enhance the customer experience with optimization and business process improvement.
Bizagi key features
- Create detailed workflow diagrams for quick visual overviews
- Can easily collaborate over any business process model
- Real-time notifications and activity stream for constant updates
- Processes can be published in formats like Word, PDF, and Excel
Bizagi Modeler pros
- Can simulate business processes to test things out
- Has a powerful workflow engine for operational efficiency
- Can work offline
Bizagi Modeler cons
- Highly limited cloud storage for the basic plan
- Only available for Windows devices
- No Gantt chart functionality
Bizagi Modeler pricing
Bizagi Modeler offers a free plan with limited features. Contact the sales team for a pricing quote if your team has over 100 users.
Bizagi Modeler customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (100+ reviews)
How to Choose the Best Business Process Management Tool?
Optimizing your business processes is essential and finding the right business process management tool is crucial.
A great BPM software tool will help you automate processes, identify areas for improvement, and boost your collaboration to speed things up.
All you have to do is go through the list of tools we’ve mentioned here to find the one that suits your BPM strategy.
But to save yourself time (and money), why not give ClickUp a try for free?
It’s clearly the best BPM tool out there with features for automation, team collaboration, app integrations, and everything else you need to improve your business efficiency!