Without fail, there’s always one thing every person can agree on—data cleaning is the absolute worst.
That’s why it’s so important to set your database up for success the moment you create it, and why it’s key to invest in an intuitive and efficient data entry software program to help maintain the information for years to come!
Whether we like it or not, spreadsheets are a big part of our days. And though we’d never admit this to our boss (and maybe even ourselves), we don’t know where we’d be without those formulas and pivot tables!
But it takes daily attention and thoughtful care to make sure your data sets are up-to-date and completely accurate. Especially considering the importance of the information we’re storing! You may be adding to your CRM, overseeing a project budget, or managing bug submissions—all of which require the utmost care.
But how do you find a software that is both trustworthy and powerful? We’ll show you. 🙂
Read and learn everything you need to look for in your next data entry tool and 10 of the best software for the job! Find detailed feature comparisons, limitations, pricing information, ratings, and more.
What Should You Look for In a Data Entry Tool?
The best data entry tools offer more than just spreadsheets to organize information, they connect directly to your workflows to help you manage projects, bugs, customers, and more—all from the same table or chart.
Still, many of the key data entry software features differ from most project management software you might be used to. While workflow management, collaboration, and task creation are vital elements of both types of software, the must-have features to look for in your next data entry tool include:
- Multiple views—including ClickUp Tables, lists, and charts—to understand your data from every angle
- Dashboards, insights, and reporting for a high-level look at your data analysis
- Automations or formulas to save time on repetitive action items and calculations
- Advanced filtering, grouping, and sorting to access specific information quickly
- Integrations with project management tools, collaboration tools, and more, to bring additional functionality and context to your database
- Data importing and exporting to build databases quickly and share them with ease
- Form building features to send user feedback directly to your database
While it sounds like a lot, there is still so much more effective data entry software that can do for you—these are just the essentials! The good news is, a lot of tools meet these criteria, and even exceed it! And lucky for you, we’ve searched the web to find the 10 software that serves this function best.
The 10 Best Data Entry Software
Now that we’ve covered the basics, it’s time to put that knowledge to the test! With the size of your team, customer base, budget, and overall work style in mind choose the data entry tool that will not only meet your needs but scale with you as your business grows!
Start here with our tried and true list of the 10 best data entry software programs for teams across industries. Access detailed feature breakdowns, drawbacks, pricing information, and more. We even threw in a free and fully customizable template resource to kickstart your database-building process. 📈
Data entry is an essential part of any team’s workflow, but it can often be a slow and tedious process. Manual data entry tasks can cause errors that could potentially lead to missed deadlines or wasted resources. Enter ClickUp—an all-in-one productivity platform built for teams to reduce reporting time and build a central database!
With ClickUp’s easy-to-use interface, data entry processes are streamlined and simplified. Any changes or updates you make to task items are automatically synced for full visibility. Plus, powerful automation tools are built-in, so you can set up custom triggers and reminders to keep everyone on track with mission-critical tasks.
Ultimately, your workflows become faster and smoother so you can get back to doing what’s important—moving your business forward!
Try ClickUp’s Editable Spreadsheet Template and start building visual databases today!
ClickUp best features
- Over 1,000 integrations to bring all relevant data and information into one platform
- Build custom timesheets, reports, and insights with time tracking widgets
- Over 15 customizable workflow views to manage tasks from every angle
- Reporting and Dashboards for an instant high-level overview of your work
- Search and Command Center bar to find anything in your Workspace
- Free and accessible help resources, webinars, and online support
- 50+ Task Automations to streamline any project workflow
- Custom task statuses to visually convey progress
- A vast Template Library for every use case
- Not all views are available in the mobile app—yet
- Its rich set of features can create a learning curve for some users
- Free Forever Plan
- Unlimited Plan: $7/month per member
- Business Plan: $12/month per member
- Enterprise Plan: Contact ClickUp for custom pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,500+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (5,400+reviews)
nTask is a task management platform designed to help managers handle manual data entry processes efficiently and securely. With the nTask platform, managers can create task lists and assign specific tasks to team members or groups of users with ease. Not only does this help streamline data entry processes, but it also ensures that all tasks are properly handled in a timely fashion.
The nTask platform allows managers to easily track the status of every task, from assignment to completion. This makes it easier for managers to monitor their team’s progress and ensure data is entered accurately and on time. Integrated features like real-time tracking enable managers to quickly assess the performance of their team and make changes when needed.
nTask best features
- TImesheet monitoring for data verification
- Document sharing and file management
- Financial Summaries to monitor project budgets
- Attaching large files when sharing takes longer than normal
- Only suitable for teams with less than 50 team members
- Premium: Starts at $20/month for 5 users
- Business: Starts at $60/month for 5 users
- Enterprise: Contact nTask for details
nTask ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (100+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (10+ reviews)
3. Zoho Forms
Zoho Forms is an online form-building and data-collection tool designed to help teams reduce unnecessary paperwork. With Zoho Forms, users can build customized electronic forms for their specific needs and then share them with their team or the general public. The forms can be used to collect information from customers, employees, vendors, or any other group that needs data gathering.
Once created, forms can be sent out, and information collected on a secure platform in real time. All data collected by Zoho Forms is accessible in the cloud, so users can view it at any time. With integrated features like automated docs, notifications, analytics and reporting, real-time collaboration among team members, and secure storage of data, Zoho Forms centralizes your data entry systems.
Learn how to create a form in Excel!
Zoho Forms best features
- Responsive web forms to submit and access from anywhere
- Tabular column cataloging to perform task actions
- Natural language processing capabilities
- 30+ field types with customizable properties
Zoho Forms limitations
- There aren’t a lot of form template options
- If a user wants to return to a form later, they have to save a code snippet first. This can drive away the average user
Zoho Forms pricing
- Basic: $10/month, billed annually
- Standard: $25/month, billed annually
- Professional: $50/month, billed annually
- Premium: $90/month, billed annually
Zoho Forms ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (90+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (90+ reviews)
Fluix is a no-code workflow management software helping teams streamline their business processes. With this tool, teams can easily transfer information from paper documents to a digital format, reducing the time and costs of manual data entry. It also allows users to capture and manage critical data more effectively and efficiently, providing enhanced visibility and insights into the data.
The software gives users the ability to customize data validation rules for each field, ensuring that captured data meets their standards. Teams can integrate this software with external systems, making it easier to create streamlined workflows. Fluix also gives users access to all the necessary information from a single location, giving them greater control over their business data.
Fluix best features
- Microsoft Power BI (Business Intelligence) and Tableau integrations to generate reports
- Routine task automation to automate manual processes
- Images with geotag
- API and data extraction
- Advanced functionalities are additional paid features
- Limited templates and customization options
- Fluix starts at $30/user per month with 10 users minimum
Fluix ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (40+ reviews)
- G2: 4.8/5 (10+ reviews)
Bonus: Fact sheet templates!
FoxTrot is an enterprise automation platform designed to help teams work smarter, save time, and increase their overall productivity. This powerful platform helps automate tedious back-office tasks, such as scheduling meetings, allocating resources, managing personnel data, tracking customer purchases, and forecasting revenue.
FoxTrot makes it easier for teams to collaborate and make better decisions by creating custom dashboards and reports, giving users a complete picture of the entire organization in real time. With FoxTrot’s automated tools, you can monitor process performance, access detailed analytics, and generate more accurate financial forecasts. From workflow analysis to resource optimization, FoxTrot helps teams make smarter decisions that drive progress and maximize efficiency.
FoxTrot best features
- Files and folders automation to organize unstructured data
- SQL (Structured Query Language) execution
- Script creation and editing
- Central Activity and Audit log
- Lacks advanced task management compared to other data entry software
- Limited customization options to fit personal preferences
- Contact FoxTrot for pricing
FoxTrot ratings and reviews
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
Typeform is an intuitive and fast data processing platform that helps teams of any size work with data more efficiently. With Typeform, users can quickly create forms, surveys, and polls, saving valuable time and energy when gathering a large amount of data.
Typeform eliminates the potential for common data entry errors through its powerful automated systems. Its interface allows for simple drag-and-drop functionality, making it easy for users to quickly create forms, surveys, and documents. The platform also provides comprehensive analytics to track performance and detect any discrepancies that may exist.
Typeform best features
- Google Sheets, Google Analytics, and HubSpot integrations
- Conversion tracking
- User and survey management
- Google Tag Manager
- Limited form customization and design options
- Lacks task management features (integrate Typeform with ClickUp!)
- Basic: $25/month, billed annually
- Plus: $50/month, billed annually
- Business: $83/month, billed annually
Typeform ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (600+ reviews)
- G2: 4.5/5 (600+ reviews)
Infinity BPO Services is a business process outsourcing company providing data cleansing services to help teams improve their productivity and accuracy. Data cleansing involves meticulously reviewing databases, spreadsheets, and other sources of data for discrepancies or errors to ensure accuracy.
Data cleansing is an essential process that needs to be completed fast to ensure the accuracy of your data. It involves removing incomplete, invalid, inaccurate, or irrelevant records from your database so that you can make more informed decisions. A fast solution is needed as too much time spent on cleaning data can lead to unnecessary costs and delays, as well as errors and discrepancies in the data.
Infinity best features
- Image capturing and editing
- Insurance Claim data entry
- Data cleansing
- Excel processing
- Initial setup and onboarding could be a long process, depending on the requested services
- Contact Infinity for pricing
Infinity ratings and reviews
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
8. Zed Axis
Zed Axis is a data import/export tool for QuickBooks. The cloud-based platform enables users to upload information simultaneously and ensure accuracy across all their transactions. Its batch data entry tool is specifically designed to help teams with large amounts of data entry into QuickBooks.
When importing through Axis, you have three choices: duplicate, skip, or overwrite any existing transactions. To make things even simpler, you can easily adjust the importing options to do this for you. Zed Axis helps streamline operations, reduce costs, and leave your team with more time to focus on core business objectives.
Zed Axis best features
- Data management capabilities, including transactions batching
- Function mapping to manage business data
- QuickBooks Desktop journal entries import
- Data quality control and replication
Zed Axis limitations
- Limited support for real-time collaboration
- Lacks customization options
Zed Axis pricing
- Annual Subscription (Software License Only)
- Import: $145
- Import & Export: $235
- Import, Export & Auto: $325
- Plus Annual Subscription (Software License and Support Options)
- Import: $285
- Import & Export: $390
- Import, Export & Auto: $495
Zed Axis ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (10+ reviews)
- G2: N/A
Tabidoo is a cloud-based solution designed to help teams create custom database applications. By bringing all of your data into one single place, it enables users to find what they need quickly while making collaboration within and across teams much easier.
Tabidoo helps you keep track of information more easily by streamlining items like search functions, versioning, and notifications. It supports a broad range of formats for both files and structured data, and its powerful engines enable users to build dynamic views of the data and quickly access relevant information. The platform also provides an intuitive user experience with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop mobile interface, allowing users to get up and running quickly.
Tabidoo best features
- Data import and export functionality from Excel spreadsheets
- Table, Kanban, and Calendar data views
- Customizable data types
- Users, roles, and rights permissions
- Limited free plan with basic functionality compared to other data entry software
- Lacks a variety of data management views
- Contact Tabidoo for pricing
Tabidoo ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (5+ reviews)
- G2: N/A
Check out these Mac database tools!
Conexiom is a cloud software for teams to automate their trade document processes. The platform streamlines time-consuming activities, allowing businesses to focus on strategic projects and build better relationships with customers.
Teams can access the documents from any computer or device in a safe and secure environment. Businesses also benefit from features such as automated document validation, customizable business rules and logic, short processing times, and integrations. These key features help teams save time and money by reducing manual data entry and increasing team productivity. Conexiom gives teams full visibility and control over data entry tools.
Conexiom best features
- Reports and dashboards for visibility into document processing speed
- Admin tools to manage users, settings, and the data entry process
- Data extraction from any document
- Business rules, logic, and lookups
- Lacks team collaboration features
- Limited customization options
- Contact Conexiom for pricing
Conexiom ratings and reviews
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (30+ reviews)
- G2: 4.6/5 (50+ reviews)
Create Detailed Databases With Ease in ClickUp
Each of these tools offers tons of features to streamline your data entry process and organize information, but only one option does it all while creating wall-to-wall solutions for teams and businesses across industries. And that tool is ClickUp. 🙂
Create spreadsheets quickly and efficiently using Table view to manage everything from inventories to client information. Even convey critical context in a single glance with ClickUp’s Custom Fields to bring file attachments, ratings, and progress percentages into your task columns.
Plus, Form view in ClickUp can turn bug submissions and customer feedback into actionable tasks. Then organize the entries based on priority into a clean and functional table.
But the best part? All of this comes at absolutely no cost!
Sign up for ClickUp today and start optimizing your data entry processes in no time.