14 Powerful and Secure Collaboration Tools for 2022
From enabling effective team communication to tracking work progress, team collaboration tools drive modern workplaces.
However, using an online collaboration tool with a weak cybersecurity system could increase the risk of cyber threats and knock any company down if left unsecured. 🥊
What can you do then?
Watch more cybercrime documentaries?
To enjoy consistent growth without compromising your workspace security, you need to use the most secure collaboration tools available today.
In this article, we’ll discuss what secure collaboration tools are and highlight 13 excellent secure collaboration software, including their key features, pricing, and customer ratings.
Fasten your seatbelts for a secure read! 🚘
What Are Secure Collaboration Tools?
With features like planning, scheduling, and reporting, online collaboration tools have been the backbone of both in-house and remote working teams.
It can save you from major headaches (and maybe cure your caffeine addiction too). 😁
But you can’t rely on any ol’ collaboration tool for in-house or remote work, right?
You need a secure collaboration platform.
A secure collaboration platform has proper authentication and authorization measures to minimize the chances of data leaks. This is crucial since information is constantly shared between employees, clients, and partners on collaboration tools.
Additionally, secure collaboration software can prevent people from phishing into your pool of organizational information! 🎣
But which tool is right for your needs?
Let’s find out…
Top 14 Secure Collaboration Tools for 2022
Here are the 14 most secure collaboration tools available today:
From helping you manage cross-functional teamwork to provide you with advanced security settings, ClickUp is as secure as Fort Knox! 💰
After all, the very thought of data breaches and cyber threats can lead to sleepless nights for many business owners.
ClickUp key features
Let’s take a closer look at how ClickUp’s security features can help you sleep like a baby 😴:
- Data Center Security: handled by Amazon Web Services (AWS), ClickUp’s data centers are scattered across the world, secured with a variety of physical controls to prevent unauthorized entry
- Application Security: all communications on ClickUp web applications are encrypted over 256-bit SSL
- Infrastructure Security: our infrastructure is hosted in a top-notch secure environment and fortified by firewall protection. Not even the Money Heist team could get access 🔐
- Security Policy: we implement foolproof security by training every team member on the latest security protocols and frequently update our policies
- Risk Management Framework: from identifying potential threats to evaluating current security measures, our Risk Management Framework covers it all
- Two-factor Authentication: protect your workspace from any unauthorized access with two-factor authentication (2FA). It gives you a secure work environment where you can only be distracted by cat reels and not cyber risks 🐱
- Custom Permissions: give different team members unique permission settings, so they have access only to the info they need
- Custom Roles: create new unique custom roles (other than a guest, member, admin) like: super admin, editor, limited member, or any role that suits your needs
- Privacy of Spaces, Folders, and Lists: have complete control over who sees what, what permissions they have, and who gets added to your Workspace
- Google Single Sign On and Microsoft Single Sign On: save time and maintain security by linking ClickUp with your Google, Microsoft Office 365, or Azure accounts
- ClickUp is EU-GDPR Compliant, which means you can export your data or delete it all on ClickUp. Additionally, your data is never leaked or distributed via any channel
- ClickUp is SOC 2 Compliant, which means we check our organizational and technical controls at least once every year
- Create Personal views that are exclusively visible to you. You can even turn existing views into personal ones without changing anything for your teammates
- Draw up security briefs, onboarding documents, and knowledge bases with Docs
- Receive automatic, instantaneous feedback on status changes, and new comments with Collaboration Detection
- Assign tasks to multiple assignees to accelerate project progress
- Use the Workload view to assess every member’s bandwidth before assigning new tasks
- Get a high-level overview of everything in your Workspace with Dashboards
- Automatically track task completions and achieve team Goals in style 💃
- Built-in instant messaging feature to discuss doggo names or even share your grandma’s secret cookie recipe 🍪 with your team
ClickUp offers three pricing plans:
- Free Forever Plan
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited tasks
- 100MB storage
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Real-time Collaboration
- 50+ Integrations, and more
- Unlimited Plan ($5/month per member)
- Business Plan ($9/month per member)
- All unlimited features
- Google Single Sign-on
- Private, Protected, and Default views
- Sprint Automations
- All Dashboard Widgets, and more
ClickUp customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2000+ reviews)
This cloud collaboration platform incorporates the same security protocols featured in the Office 365 Suite. Here are some other features that make Microsoft Teams a secure collaboration platform:
Microsoft Teams key features
- Implements team-wide and organization-wide two-factor authentication
- Blocks malicious content with The Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) functionality
- The safe attachments feature examines suspicious attachments
- Easily integrates with other MS Office apps like PowerPoint and Outlook
Microsoft Teams pricing
Microsoft Teams has a free plan. Paid plans start at $5/user per month.
Microsoft Teams customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (10,000+ reviews)
As a collaboration software, Asana helps you meet your deadlines and stay in sync with your team.
Asana also has security protocols to ensure no outsider sees or modifies your precious data.
This way, even the Ocean’s 11 crew can’t get away with anything!
Asana key features
- Uses Amazon’s relational database service (RDS) to facilitate data replication, backup, and recovery
- Offers password hashing to verify your password integrity
- Implements routine security assessments and security-focused software development
- Around-the-clock security teams to spot any suspicious activity 🔎
Asana has a free plan and paid plans starting at $13.49/user per month.
Asana customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (7000+ reviews)
Looking for better collaboration features that are absolutely free?
Here reasons to choose ClickUp over Asana.
Huddle is a collaborative tool that enables smooth information exchange between teams, partners, and clients. It also provides various administrative controls to manage user authentication, access, and auditing.
This online collaboration tool allows team members to access their own task portal and remain on track with their tasks.
But how securely can you huddle with Huddle?
Let’s find out…
Huddle key features
- Uses multifactor authentication and enterprise-grade SSO
- Control user permissions across teams with multiple levels of access
- Secure client portals for users to exchange sensitive files and info
- Administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to keep your data secure
Request a custom quote from Huddle.
Huddle customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (70+ reviews)
Clarizen is a collaboration software with a customizable and friendly interface. It can help teams complete their task on time and within budget. 🕔💰
Additionally, they have security mechanisms such as anti-virus and app monitoring to protect your data.
Clarizen key features
- All data is encrypted with advanced 256-bit AES encryption
- Multi-tiered network security infrastructure helps prevent security violations
- Equipped with firewalls to protect the system against malicious activity
- The online project management service is monitored 24/7
Request a custom quote from Clarizen.
Clarizen customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (490+ reviews)
Nira is a real-time access control system that provides visibility and management over who has access to company documents in Google Workspace and more.
SOC 2 Type 2 certified, Nira allows IT teams of all sizes to easily find and fix access-risk issues, giving a single, comprehensive view of who has access to valuable cloud-based company data. It also enables employees to manage and control who has access to their information, without needing tons of technical expertise.
Nira key features
- Find and identify access risks, using filtering and intuitive UI
- Quickly control access and fix critical issues through bulk remediation actions
- Efficiently automate the process through policy enforcement and remediation delegation
- Manage external and vendor access, including archived and personal accounts
Request a custom quote from Nira.
Nira customer ratings
Wire is an open source collaboration app that helps remote workers secure their internal communications against external cyber threats.
Wire also implements advanced security protocols to help organizations scale their productivity.
We guess you could say that the app prevents cybercriminals from wiring data to themselves. 😉
Wire key features
- Secures all communication with end-to-end encryption
- A unique session key is generated for every session a user initiates. This way, if a session is compromised, only the data from that session will be affected
- Being GDPR-compliant, the app won’t have access to any personal or official data from your organization
- Matches key fingerprints to protect you from a man-in-the-middle attack (unknown third-party intervention)
Wire has a free plan and paid plans starting at $5.83/month.
Wire customer ratings
- G2: 4.3/5 (25+ reviews)
Basecamp is a popular collaboration tool that transmits data over secure HTTPS connections and encrypts data backups using GnuPrivacy Guard (GPG).
Since it allows project managers to oversee project progress and monitor task updates, there’s no need for one-on-one meetings.
And don’t we all love that? 😋
Basecamp key features
- Implements round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitoring
- Dedicated security, infrastructure, and performance (SIP) team to oversee access management, network connectivity, and firewalls
- Conducts audits to ensure its systems are PCI compliant
- Runs bug bounty programs in HackerOne to examine and verify their security policies
Basecamp offers a flat rate of $99/user per month.
Basecamp customer ratings
- G2: 4.1/5 (4000+ reviews)
Looking for a less expensive collaboration tool?
Here are 10 Basecamp alternatives to choose from.
From one-on-one interactions to team-wide group discussions, Slack fosters secure and smooth enterprise collaboration.
Additionally, their in-house security tool, Slack Enterprise Key Management (Slack EKM), ensures user data protection. This way, your team can bounce million-dollar ideas off each other without worrying that someone’s gonna steal them.
Slack key features
- Fully integrated with top data loss prevention (DLP) providers
- Offers governance and risk management capabilities
- Aligns with the UK-based National Cyber Security Centre’s cloud security principles
- This cloud collaboration tool provides administrative access control and system monitoring
Slack offers a free plan and paid plans starting at $8/user per month.
Slack customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (27,000+ reviews)
Trello is a kanban-style team collaboration software.
It allows you to work in multiple layouts from boards to lists, making task delegation simple yet effective.
To further fortify their online security, Trello partners with expert cybersecurity researchers on HackerOne to detect and resolve vulnerabilities.
Trello key features
- Carries out weekly vulnerability scans and annual data breach tests
- Let any member in a workspace view cards or set cards to public or private
- Get two-factor authentication in all plans, including the free version
- Performs encrypted full backup every 24 hours
Trello offers a free plan and paid plans starting at $12.50/user per month.
Trello customer ratings
- G2: 4.4/5 (11,000+ reviews)
11. Google Drive
Google Drive is a collaboration tool that meets the versatile needs of almost every team. It also assures top-notch security to protect user and enterprise data.
Additionally, the restricted link sharing feature enables secure file sharing for users working on a Google Doc.
With this document collaboration tool, no unwanted guests can crash your work party! 🎊
Google Drive key features
- Cloud storage for safe file sharing
- Two-factor authentication to prevent unwarranted access
- Implements account recovery steps by backing up stored data
- Encrypts file uploads, downloads, and access with strong 256-bit AES encryption
Google Drive pricing
Google Drive is free to use.
Google Drive customer ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (12,000+ reviews)
From business conferences to public webinars, Zoom is the go-to video conferencing app. Its video recording and screen sharing features make it a great team collaboration tool.
Apart from being GDPR-compliant, your audio and video conferences in Zoom are end-to-end encrypted.
Let’s zoom into their most notable security features…
Zoom key features
- The waiting room feature allows the host to control when a participant joins the meeting
- Avoid an insider threat by deciding which participants can record the call
- Use passcodes to protect your meetings
- Lock a meeting when you don’t want any other invitees to join
Zoom offers a free plan and paid plan starting at $14.99/user per month.
Zoom customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (35,000+ reviews)
Not sure if Zoom is the one for you?
Here are the top seven Zoom alternatives.
Toggl paves the way for effective team collaboration and task management. With its kanban boards, you can plan and track tasks with ease.
The app also protects you against DDoS attacks and hardware failures. Additionally, it performs full data backups every 24 hours.
Basically, Toggl’s always got you and your data’s back.
Toggl key features
- Encrypts data in transit with TLS 1.2 protocols, AES-256 encryption, and SHA2 signatures
- Incorporates a centralized logging system to monitor security at all times
- Partners with industry-leading service providers for security solutions
- New features or added functionalities undergo systematic security reviews
Toggl offers a free plan and paid plans starting at $9/user per month.
Toggl customer ratings
- G2: 4.6/5 (1400+ reviews)
14. HubSpot CMS
Known for its award-winning all-in-one CRM, HubSpot’s free CMS (content management system) is one of the most secure content providers to host your website and content.
The CMS platform allows your content team to work together to produce engaging and interactive content to improve website traffic and optimize conversations without any security risks.
HubSpot’s free CMS includes tools like a website builder, theme marketplace and templates, and built-in security features to scan and detect harmful attacks and threats.
HubSpot CMS key features
- Two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Single sign-on (SSO) for Enterprises
- SPF, DKIM, DMARC, and BIMI authentication standards
- Free web application firewall (WAF) and SSL certificates
HubSpot CMS pricing
Free tools available with premium plans starting at $23 per month.
HubSpot CMS customer ratings
- G2: 4.5/5 (1,220 reviews)
Step Up Your Security
With the needs of distributed teams and the nature of cyber threats becoming more complex every day, online collaboration tools have found new ways to keep you safe.
And with a collaboration platform like ClickUp, your data will be as unbreachable as a dragon’s lair! 🐉
We work alongside leading security experts, researchers, and cybersecurity firms and adhere to the highest security standards.
But that isn’t all.
From comments to team mentions, we’ve also got excellent, secure collaboration features to keep you and your team in the loop.
Use ClickUp for free today to drive your company’s growth without worrying about any security risk!