The Top 10 Productivity Tools For 2022 (Features + Pricing)
Looking for the best productivity software for 2021?
In this article, we’ll cover the ten productivity tools that you absolutely need in 2021! We’ll highlight their features and pricing and show you why they’re a must for anyone looking to ramp up productivity immediately.
Let’s get started.
How many tabs on your browser or desktop apps do you usually have open?
For most of us – it’s a dozen!
Not only is it painful to wade through this jungle of apps, but they also consume valuable resources and slow down your computer.
Gain freedom from all this clutter with Shift!
This productivity software will help you say goodbye to getting lost in a sea of tabs and logins. Shift makes working on your desktop more productive, beautiful and effortless. It’s the perfect app for connecting all your extensions, apps, and accounts into one productive workstation.
Use This Productivity Software For:
Connecting all your productivity apps in one place to streamline your workflow.
A. Connect Your Productivity Apps To Streamline Your Workflow
Shift helps you streamline your work processes by instantly toggling between multiple productivity apps like Gmail, Google Drive, Clickup, Slack and Skype.
Here’s how you can streamline task management with Shift:
- Use Gmail to send an email to your team about your social media strategy
- Open the ClickUp to verify if a task has been completed or not
- Instantly shift to Skype to have a video call to discuss it
- Switch to Slack to send some clarification messages to your team
- Open Facebook to check how your last post’s stats
B. Say Goodbye To Juggling Multiple Tabs
There’s no need to log into anything separately or open a new browser tab—you can seamlessly switch between all these tools within Shift itself. This makes it incredibly easy to manage all your tasks and deliverables in seconds.
Whether it’s your word processor, office productivity software or your media suite software – Shift can help you switch between them instantly.
C. Supports Everything You Use
If there’s an application software you use, chances are, Shift supports it!
Whether it’s on Windows, Mac or Linux, Shift will help you manage everything seamlessly.
Here’s a quick look at just some of the tools that Shift supports:
- Project management software like ClickUp and Asana
- Collaboration tools like Slack and Whatsapp
- Social application software like Twitter and Hootsuite Social Media
- A to-do app like Wunder list or Dyna list
- Design and presentation software like Flickr and Moqups
- Office productivity tools like 17Hats and Zoho
- Sales productivity tools like Salesforce and Hubspot
- Note management software like Evernote and Notejoy
Shift has two pricing plans:
- Basic (Free): Up to 2 email accounts, 1 app and desktop notifications
- Advanced ($99.99/year): Unlimited email / app accounts, unified search, and more!
G2Crowd – 4.3/5 (30+ reviews)
Capterra – 4.4/5 (200+ reviews)
ClickUp is one of the highest-rated all-in-one productivity suite tools. This task management app has all the features you need to increase productivity in no time!
Use This Productivity Suite Software As:
An all-in-one productivity suite to manage:
- Your tasks and projects
- Your to-do list
- Your notes
- Your team’s collaboration
- Your time management skills
Here are some of ClickUp’s key features to increase productivity:
ClickUp lets you create a to-do list for each task and project to keep track of what you have to do.
You can even organize your to-do lists by category to make them more accessible. For example, you can have a folder titled “Work” – where all your work-related to-do lists are stored. This way, ClickUp doubles up as a handy to-do app for all your needs!
ClickUp has powerful reminders to ensure that you never forget anything again! The tool can send you reminders about when tasks are started, when tasks are overdue and when deadlines are approaching.
Additionally – you get to customize where these reminders arrive, such as via email, your phone or your desktop.
All ClickUp tasks come with powerful comment sections for real-time collaboration for effective task management. You can share documents, pictures and even tag team members for immediate, real-time messaging.
ClickUp helps you prioritize tasks and lists to help you tackle your most important projects first. With a handy color-coded system, you’ll have no difficulty identifying what needs your immediate attention.
ClickUp comes with built-in time tracking to help you monitor your time spent completing projects and tasks. With ClickUp’s detailed time records, you can identify what’s taking too long and aim to increase productivity in those areas.
ClickUp’s inbox contains every task, to-do list, and reminders that are assigned to you. It’s the perfect place to instantly take stock of what you have to do and get to work on it.
This way, you reduce the time spent searching for what you have to do – just open your inbox and everything’s already there!
ClickUp’s built-in notepad is a great place to quickly jot down thoughts and ideas. With powerful word processing, you get all the customization you need to create a note that accurately reflects your thoughts. Additionally, these notes are printable and can be instantly converted into tasks for your team.
ClickUp Docs is a built-in wiki solution for your company. Use its powerful word processing abilities to create and store important company and project-related documents.
As each of these docs is stored alongside their relevant projects, they’re easily accessible. You can also customize the access rights to these docs and even let Google index them!
ClickUp can integrate with tons of other productivity tools to help you unify all your activities and processes.
For example, ClickUp can integrate with:
- Collaboration tools like Slack
- Form management software like Typeform
- Office productivity tools like Salesforce
- A to-do app like Todoist
- Shortcut application software like Shift
- And more!
This way, you won’t have to work on apps separately, just integrate them with ClickUp and create a streamlined workflow immediately!
However, that isn’t all that ClickUp offers you.
You get tons of other office suite features such as:
- Gantt charts – Use these powerful charts to track your project progress instead of regular spreadsheets
- Assigned comments – To instantly assign tasks to team members in seconds
- Dependencies – To ensure that your tasks are always attempted in the right order
- Goals – To break down your projects into smaller, achievable goals and targets
- Custom Access Rights – To allow clients and freelancers into your workspace
- Powerful Apps – Access ClickUp on iOS Apps, Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Android
ClickUp has three pricing options.
- Free Forever – Unlimited projects and members + 100Mb of cloud storage space
- Unlimited ($5/month per user) – Unlimited projects, members and integrations + advanced reporting
- Business ($19/month per user) – Unlimited projects, members, integrations and two-factor authentication + Google SSO
G2Crowd – 4.7/5 (900+ reviews)
Capterra – 4.7/5 (1450+ reviews)
Slack is one of the world’s best online productivity tools for text-based communication.
The collaboration tool lets you easily communicate with team members, share project files and host phone and video calls. Here’s a closer look at why this collaboration tool is so popular on the app store.
Use This Productivity Application For:
Texting and other social interaction over projects and tasks
- Powerful real-time messaging tool for instant communication and feedback
- Far simpler to use than many other team collaboration tools
- Can create project/team-specific channels for focused discussions
- Users can collaborate over project files, pictures, notes, and other media
- Can open guest channels to allow clients to collaborate with your team
- The software even supports phone and video-based collaboration
- The collaboration tool integrates with tons of other software like ClickUp, Google Apps and more
- Powerful mobile, desktop and web apps
This real-time messaging tool has three pricing plans:
- Standard ($3.20/month per user): for unlimited search, group calls, and guest channels
- Plus ($6/month per user): for SAML based single sign-on (SSO) and message exports
- Enterprise Grid (pricing on request): for unlimited workspaces and data loss prevention
G2Crowd – 4.5/5 (24000+ reviews)
Capterra – 4.6/5 (16000+ reviews)
Toggl is a powerful time-tracking software that’ll help you boost your time management skills. Like Rescuetime, it monitors the time spent completing tasks – helping you focus better and be more productive.
This time-tracking software even has a built-in Pomodoro timer to help you implement the Pomodoro technique for added productivity.
Use This Productivity Application For:
Tracking the time you spend on tasks to help you boost your time management. You can also use it to implement time management techniques like the Pomodoro approach.
- Powerful time tracking for specific tasks and projects
- Dedicated Pomodoro timer feature for fans of the Pomodoro technique
- The time-tracking software also works offline
- Powerful desktop apps for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Functional mobile app for Android and iOS
- Integrates with various office productivity software
Toggl has three pricing tiers:
- Starter ($10/month per user): for simple time tracking and reports
- Premium ($20/month per user): for tracking reminders and email notifications
- Enterprise (price on request): for advanced features
G2Crowd: 4.4/5 (800+ reviews)
Capterra: 4.6/5 (900+ reviews)
Bonus productivity content! Check out our list of the top 15 productivity podcasts!
Evernote is an incredibly popular note-taking app. With a simple interface, cross-platform syncing and advanced word processing, Evernote has everything you need to create detailed notes from all your devices. Here’s a closer look at why this productivity application is a must for any office productivity suite.
Use This Productivity Application For:
Jotting down detailed notes and information.
- Its powerful word processor can create detailed notes in no time
- The software supports audio notes on compatible devices
- The note management app can collect clippings and screenshots from websites and other devices
- Cross-platform syncing to keep your notes intact over your desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- This note management app can even organize your notes into notebooks for better categorization
- Integrates with online productivity tools like Google Drive and Slack
- Powerful mobile, desktop and web apps with a powerful Chrome extension
Evernote has three pricing plans:
- Free: For a powerful word processor, cross-platform syncing and 60 Mb of new storage every month
- Plus ($3/99/month): for advanced text formatting and 1GB of new storage for monthly uploads
- Premium ($7.99/month): for 10 GB of new storage for monthly uploads
G2Crowd: 4.4/5 (1600+ reviews)
Capterra: 4.4/5 (6400+ reviews)
Note: Check out EssentialPIM as another alternate for personal information management!
Zapier is a powerful tool that lets you automate workflows by connecting your various workplace tools. Here’s a closer look at why Zapier is such a useful tool for anyone looking to boost their productivity:
Use This Productivity Suite Software To:
Automate your workflow by connecting your various workplace tools
- Zapier integrates with over 1500 apps to help you connect any management tool with each other
- Can automate repetitive tasks with specific triggers (Zaps). For example, Zapier can automatically send a reply every time you receive an email in Gmail
- Can import and export your data into Zapier using XLS or CSV files for convenience
Zapier has four pricing plans:
- Free – for 5 Zaps
- Starter ($19.99/month) – for 20 Zaps and custom integrations
- Professional ($49/month) – for unlimited zaps and unlimited premium apps
- Team ($299/month) – for unlimited users and priority support
G2Crowd – 4.5/5 (500+ reviews)
Capterra – 4.7/5 (1300+ reviews)
Dropbox is a popular cloud-based file sharing and file management tool. You can upload all your important documents to the cloud and then access them from your browser, desktop or mobile apps.
Use This Productivity Suite Software For:
Storing all your important documents in a secure, accessible space.
- Cross-platform accessibility – access your files from your desktop, mobile and web apps
- Advanced document categorization with tags and labels
- Highly secure file sharing tool to avoid any data losses
- Can customize access rights for file sharing with team members, clients, and stakeholders
- Integrates with tons of online productivity tools to streamline the file storage and file sharing process
- Dropbox even has a business-centric platform called Dropbox Paper with advanced office productivity features
Dropbox has three pricing plans:
- Basic (Free): For 2 GB of storage
- Plus ($9.99/month): For 2 TB of storage
- Professional ($16.58/month): For 3 TB of storage
G2Crowd – 4.4/5 (10000+ reviews)
Capterra – 4.5/5 (15000+ reviews)
Skype is one of the world’s most popular tools for video collaboration. This popular video conferencing tool lets you instantly call desktop and mobile devices from anywhere in the world. As it’s so convenient, Skype is a popular choice to boost both personal and office productivity.
Use This Productivity Suite App For:
Video calling team members and clients for more focused collaboration.
- HD audio and video conferencing via the internet
- Call recording support with live subtitles
- Handy comment sections for quick text-based communication during calls
- Supports screen sharing to collaborate effectively
- Tons of handy keyboard shortcuts for additional ease-of-use
- Video conferencing support for desktops, tablets, and mobile devices
Skype is free to use.
However, if you want to use Skype to directly call mobile devices and landlines, it costs $2.99/month.
G2Crowd – 4.3/5 (18000+ reviews)
Capterra – 4.3/5 (9000+ reviews)
Brain.fm is an app that plays ambient background music that’s designed to help your brain focus better on what you’re doing. Whether it’s trying to get sleep, boost office productivity or feel more relaxed – this scientifically proven app has the music to help you!
Use This Office Productivity Software For:
Helping your brain zero-in on what you need to do.
- Has three modes – Focus, Relax and Sleep for different activities
- Scientifically proven method to attain states of higher concentration, relax or fall asleep after 10-15 minutes of use
- Powerful AI engine that adapts to your personal needs
- Built-in white noise removal
- Powerful browser extension and mobile app
Brain.fm costs $6.95/month.
For $149.99, you get unlimited access forever.
G2Crowd – N/A
Capterra – N/A
Forest takes a gamified approach to help you manage distractions, avoid social media and focus on your work.
Here’s how it works – you plant a seed in the “forest” app and the less time you spend on your phone, the more your tree will grow. If you keep looking at your phone, the plant will wither and die – giving you the incentive to stay off the phone.
Here’s a closer look at why it’s one of the best office productivity tools to instantly boost focus.
Use This Productivity Software For:
A fun way to manage distractions and avoid social media when you’re working
- Unique, gamified approach to social media blocking and distraction management
- This productivity management app is super easy to use
- Can view your achievements and gain rewards for avoiding distractions
- Powerful mobile app for Android and iOS
- Functional Chrome extension to manage browser distractions too
There’s a one-time payment of $1.99 to download and use Forest.
G2Crowd – N/A
Capterra – N/A
Bonus: Right Inbox
Right Inbox saves you time on repetitive tasks and helps you to send better emails, in less time consistently. By installing Right Inbox, you’ll get all the functionality that you wish Gmail included as standard.
Use This Productivity Application For:
Getting on top of your inbox and supercharging your emailing efforts.
- Recurring Emails – fed up with sending the same email over and over again? Use the recurring emails feature to send them at intervals that suit you.
- Reminders – never lose track of your most important emails.
- Send Later – need an email to reach someone’s inbox at a specific time? Use Right Inbox’s send later feature.
- Mail Merge – scale your cold outreach quickly without losing the personal touch.
- Sequences – enable you to send follow-up emails depending on whether the last email has been opened or not.
- Private Notes – need to keep track of particular details alongside an email contact? Simply use the private notes feature.
- Email Tracking – know who is opening your emails and who isn’t.
- Signatures – need multiple email signatures on one Gmail account? Right Inbox has you covered, allowing you to flip between email signatures quickly.
- Templates – do you often need to write and send almost identical emails? Save yourself time with the email templates feature.
- GIFs – search for and add a GIF in seconds
Right Inbox has 4 different pricing Options
Free Plan: 10 emails per month with limited features.
Monthly: $7.95 per user with unlimited features.
Yearly: $5.95 per user with unlimited features.
Team Plans: Discounted plans starting at $4.95 per user a month.
Chrome Store 4.8/5 (12,247 votes)
Capterra 3.8/5 (4 votes)
If you want to boost your productivity in 2021, be sure to download and use these tools immediately.
They have all the features you need to:
- Focus better
- Manage your tasks
- Communicate effectively
- Remember things
- Streamline processes
Why not get started immediately and download ClickUp today? The productivity management tool has everything you need to make 2021 more productive!