Speedwrite is an AI-powered tool for generating unique content. It works by paraphrasing any piece of text, on any topic, to create 100 percent unique text. It follows writing best practices to create reader-friendly content.
Since its inception, Speedwrite has gained a lot of users among students, researchers, content writers, copywriters, SEO, and marketing experts.
While Speedwrite is, by all accounts, an excellent tool, it does have its limitations and it may not be suitable for everyone. That’s why it’s a good idea to get acquainted with some of the best Speedwrite alternatives and competitors, compare them, and find a tool that may fit your needs better.
What Should You Look for in Speedwrite Alternatives?
There are so many AI content generators out there, and they all seem to boast the same or similar features. When you explore their landing pages, things can get confusing as they all promise a lot and it can be difficult to make out what’s really important and what’s not. Should you be looking for speed, originality or collaborative tools? Is a mobile app an essential feature? Free Speedwrite alternatives are also available, but are they any good? Let’s figure out the features to look out for.
Ease of use: When exploring Speedwrite alternatives, you definitely want to go for a user-friendly solution. AI writing tools should be effortless and enjoyable, and an intuitive and clean user interface is one of the conditions for that.
Grammar and spell checking: The whole purpose of AI writing tools is to have them do the work for you. If you have to waste your time controlling the grammar and the spelling of the output, you might as well write it all by yourself.
Advanced Editing Features: Ideally, the text generator you choose should not be limited to churning out text alone. It should offer features to make your writing as efficient as possible. These features may include natural language processing, a word counter, a readability score with analysis and suggestions, synonyms, tone and voice formats, and so on.
Integration and Exporting: If you’re going to be using your text generator for work, be it marketing, sales, or product development, you may need some collaboration tools, as well as exporting options that will allow you to seamlessly integrate the generated text into your collaboration tool or word processor you’re using. Integration with cloud storage services is also a plus.
The 10 Best Speedwrite Alternatives to Use in 2024
Now it’s time to guide you through the best content spinners, AI rewriters, and other Speedwrite alternatives on the market today.
You’ve probably already heard a lot about ClickUp, but did you know this comprehensive productivity platform also comes with an AI writing tool?
ClickUp AI is a feature developed to meet the needs of any of your teams – from sales to marketing, customer support, and product management. You can use it for project documentation, case studies, reports, outreach emails, PRDs, meeting agendas, and much more.
Even better, the tool uses carefully researched and meticulously created AI prompts for basically any role and purpose, organized into handy templates.
For instance, if you need to up your technical writing game, ClickUp has an excellent ChatGPT Prompts for Technical Writing Template to help you with that, and there are a number of research plan templates particularly useful for teams.
Try these ChatGPT alternatives!
ClickUp best features
- Ideal for project briefs, reports, product descriptions, outreach and promotional emails, website content, etc
- ClickUp Automations help you work faster by automating many of the most tedious tasks
- A rich Template Library with ready-made prompts for a wide range of processes and tasks
- Project summary generation for comments, notes, or any other content that needs summarizing
- Pre-structured content with headers, bullets, tables, etc
- Limited conversational capabilities with the AI, so you can’t discuss or go back and forth with it like you can with some other tools
- It can be a bit overwhelming to start with ClickUp because it has so many features; there’s a bit of a learning curve (but it’s worth it!)
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact ClickUp for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,500+ reviews)
Copy.ai is another excellent AI text generator that can be a worthy Speedwrite alternative.
Designed primarily for copywriting and content creation, Copy.ai works by processing user prompts (which should be provided along with some context for best results) to create unique blog posts, emails, sales copy, ad copy, and social media content that convert.
In eCommerce, it can give a boost to online sales by creating compelling product descriptions.
Like ClickUp, it also comes with pre-made content templates, although not as many and not as rich as ClickUp’s.
Copy.ai is a multilingual tool currently generating text in 29-plus languages.
Copy.ai best features
- Can produce content in different styles and tones
- 90+ tools and templates
- Excellent support and help center
- Clean and intuitive user interface
- May require fact-checking
- Occasionally slows down
- Not ideal for long-form content
- High quality content output is not consistent
- Pro: $36/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact Copy.ai for pricing
Copy.ai ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (170+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (55+ reviews)
Try out these Copy.ai alternatives!
If you’re looking for an automatic text generator geared toward marketing needs, look no further than WriteSonic.
This AI-driven copywriting tool creates SEO-ready and plagiarism-free content for blogs, promotional and outreach emails, social media posts, ads, and product descriptions. It is powered by GPT-4 and currently supports 24 languages.
Thanks to the Surfer SEO integration, your output is automatically keyword-optimized and easily tweaked if needed. Plus, if you run out of content ideas, Writesonic has a tool to inspire you and get you started.
Writesonic best features
- Powerful paraphrasing tool for rewrites that are unique and better than the original
- Text Expander tool for when you’re struggling to meet the required word count
- Facebook and Google ads templates
- Content summarizer for instantly summarizing long-form articles
- Seamless Zapier integration
- Text may require a grammar check
- Knowledge cutoff prevents it from writing about the latest topics
- Not among the cheapest tools, compared to many Writesonic alternatives
- Free trial
- Pro: Between $12.67/month and $666/month based on the number of users and number of words generated per month
- Enterprise: Contact Writesonic for pricing
Writesonic Ratings and Reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,810+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (1,790+ reviews)
For copywriters and content creators, Narrato is a name that doesn’t require any particular introduction. This freelance writers’ platform and marketplace has recently turned to AI, adding a content generator to its roster of features.
In addition to the AI content assistant, it also allows teams and individuals to manage their entire workflow in one place, directly on the platform and has rich team management and collaboration tools to make the content creation process as efficient as possible. The AI tools save massive amounts of time by generating content briefs that managers can then assign to writers, and manage the entire workflow through the platform. It’s a great asset for any team striving to be more productive.
Narrato best features
- Easy task assigning and tracking, with notifications, bulk actions, and content repository
- AI tool generates content ideas and briefs
- Narrato generates SEO-ready and high-performing content
- Built-in plagiarism checker
- Readability, grammar, and text structure suggestions
- Social media features are quite basic
- Reporting needs improvement
- Narrato could have more integrations to really become a one-stop solution
- Pro: $45/month
- Business: $95/month
- Custom: Contact Narrato for pricing
Narrato Ratings and Reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (30 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (15 reviews)
Here’s a simple and no-fuss tool designed to optimize your content output by using machine learning and artificial intelligence to create text that is just as good as human-made, if not better. It’s based on rephrasing, rewriting, and restructuring features, meaning it works best when given a whole piece of text to work on.
This tool can also help your original content better by suggesting ways to make it more readable, to improve clarity, and break text into shorter, more concise sentences.
WordAi best features
- Guarantees no duplicate content or AI detection
- Excellent turnaround time
- Thank to native API you can integrate your rewrites into your workflow easily
- It is a content-spinning tool, not suitable for high-quality, original content creation
- Very basic content editing features
- Monthly: $57/month
- Yearly: $27/month
- Enterprise: Ask Word.Ai for pricing
WordAi ratings and reviews
- G2: 3.8/5 (18 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (13 reviews)
QuillBot is another tool that won’t help you create new, unique content, but if you’re looking for a solution to speed up your rewriting or churn out pieces of similar content, it could be an interesting Speedwrite alternative worthy of your attention.
In addition to the Paraphraser tool, this article rewriter also features a grammar checker, plagiarism checker, co-writing tool and content summarize. The Citation generator is an interesting feature that can help with adding accurate, verified citations in no time.
QuillBot is a web-based tool and has a Chrome extension, which is definitely convenient. Color-coding of the paraphrased content helps with keeping track of your alterations, so you don’t repeat yourself during the writing process.
QuillBot best features
- Has a variety of modes, from formal to creative, including fluency
- Works in 23-plus languages
- Built-in thesaurus to switch things up with synonyms
- Supports multiple languages
- Chrome extension works on Google Docs
- Like many QuillBot alternatives, it doesn’t create original content
- Limited output even with paid plans (e.g. 6,000 words in the Summarizer, 4 synonyms)
- Can be glitchy
- One of the few free tools on this list
- Basic: Free plan
- Premium: $9.95/month
QuillBot Ratings and Reviews
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (118 reviews)
- Trustpilot: 3.2/5 (96 reviews)
Paraphraser.io is another simple, straightforward, no-fuss solution for creating original, plagiarism-free content based on what you feed it with. This free Speedwrite alternative can accurately paraphrase any sort of text in mere seconds, and it can come in handy when you need a simple and fast content spinner.
It’s very easy to use, has an intuitive online interface, and promises to help avoid duplicate content.
The paraphrase generator has six modes: Fluency, Standard, Creative, Word Changer, Shorten, and Smarter, which allows for a lot of flexibility in terms of the tone of the output.
Paraphraser.io best features
- Quick, cheap, and easy tool for paraphrasing content to create unique text
- Has APIs with no data storage on their side and 24/7 support
- Promises human-level paraphrasing
- One of the few free Speedwrite alternatives on this list
- Ad-heavy user interface
- Not always reliable in terms of originality
- Very limited free plan on its writing tools
- Not enough user feedback or reviews
- Weekly: $7/week
- Monthly: $20/month
- Yearly: $60/year
Paraphraser.io ratings and reviews
- Trustpilot: 3.7/5 (8 reviews)
- No G2 or Capterra reviews available
Among the free Speedwrite alternatives, SpinBot stands apart from the competition for its sheer simplicity. Developed to do just what its name suggests, SpinBot helps you increase your output quickly by rephrasing or spinning your text.
It is a good choice for brands and businesses trying to build web visibility through content marketing, and it can also be helpful for students and researchers.
SpinBot best features
- Recently added Summarizer feature
- Has a separate Grammar Checker tool, as well as synonym suggestion
- Works very quickly and can process multiple languages
- Free plan sets it apart from some other Speedwrite alternative paraphrasing tools
- The tool is very basic compared to most Spinbot alternatives and can’t produce creative or original content
- Generated text may need checking for plagiarism with its artificial intelligence tools
- Although there’s no limit on sessions, the provided text should not exceed 10,000 words
SpinBot ratings and reviews
- Trustpilot: 4/5 (6 reviews)
- No G2 or Capterra reviews available
While it’s not exactly a text-generating tool, but rather an artificial intelligence-powered writing assistant, Outwrite still makes a solid paid or free Speedwrite alternative for those interested in using machine learning to improve their writing.
This Grammarly-like solution features a paraphrasing tool, and a grammar and spelling checker, and can also help with style and structuring. The free version is quite basic and only helps with grammar and spelling, while paid plans offer more features, including structural and style suggestions and plagiarism checker writing tools.
Outwrite best features
- Integrates into any word processor (Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Outlook, WordPress, LinkedIn)
- Support for English, French, and Spanish
- Readability and style insights and stats
- Paraphrasing tools available in this Speedwrite alternative
- Premium features are quite expensive
- Some inconsistency issues
- Complaints about the customer service
- Pro: $8.95/month per user
- Teams: $7.95/month per user
Outwrite Ratings and Reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (15 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (22 reviews)
Frase.io is an innovative AI tool designed to optimize content creation and search engine optimization strategy. It provides in-depth content briefs, answers questions about your content, and gives you actionable insights to improve your SEO ranking.
With its ability to analyze top-performing web content, Frase.io is an invaluable paraphrasing tool and article rewriter for creating content that resonates with your target audience. It comes with a grammar checker and is becoming one of the more popular Speedwrite alternatives.
Frase best features
- Built-in paraphrasing tool that uses three different styles to write content briefs
- Its AI writing tools can also generate sections or fragments of copy, which can include anything from project proposals to FAQ sections on your website
- Easy to share a read-only document PDF or a full document through the platform (no need for Microsoft Word or Google Docs)
- For generating over 4,000 words, the Pro Add-On comes with a monthly subscription of $35
- The tool could improve its accuracy in generating SEO keywords and SERP-based recommendations
- Unlike some other AI tools, it does not offer a truly free version
- While the article rewriter can work in multiple languages but works best in English
- Solo: $14.99 per user per month
- Basic: $44.99 per user per month
- Team: $114.99 (3 users, and $25 per month for additional team members)
Frase customer reviews
- G2: 4.9/5 (280+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
ClickUp: The Ultimate Paraphrasing and Rewriting Tool
As we round off our exploration of Speedwrite alternatives, one tool distinctively stands out from the rest: ClickUp.
ClickUp is the best Speedwrite alternative because it makes it easy for content writers to generate fresh ideas, keep pace with the content output of larger competitors, and still keep their content calendars organized and humming along. The days of struggling with redundancy and repetition are over; with ClickUp AI, you’ll consistently produce novel, engaging content.
Try ClickUp today to find out why it isn’t just an alternative to Speedwrite; it’s your next step towards achieving superior content efficiency and effectiveness.