Are you tuckered out from managing heaps of project proposals, coordinating team edits, and managing approval workflows—all while staying on top of deadlines? Or maybe your current proposal software isn’t cutting it, and you’re on the hunt for something better. 👀
No worries, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve put together a list of the 10 best proposal software for creating professional-looking proposals, streamlining your proposal processes, and winning new business. Let’s check them out!
What Should You Look for in Proposal Management Software?
Every proposal management software comes with a unique feature set for simplifying the proposal creation process and winning proposals. The goal is to find which tool’s features match your needs, while sticking to your budget. Here are key areas to look out for:
- A clean interface that’s easy to navigate
- Customizable business proposal templates that fit your use case
- Collaboration tools for working with a team
- Native electronic signature (e-signature) feature or connection with an e-signature app
- Integration with tools you use like customer relationship management (CRM) systems, project management software, and payment apps
- Analytics for understanding how clients engage with your proposal
- A mobile app for viewing and editing proposals on the go
The 10 Best Proposal Software to Use in 2023
Picking the right proposal management tool can make a big difference in boosting your team’s productivity and increasing prospect sign-offs.
To help make this decision easier, we’ll walk you through the top 10 tools on the market, what they bring to the table, and their limitations. This way, you can find the best proposal management software fit for your team’s needs and your business goals. 🎯
Nailing your proposals and winning projects is just the beginning. Managing these projects is where the real action happens. If you’re looking for a tool that handles proposal and project management in one place, ClickUp fits the bill perfectly.
To get started, you don’t need to spend hours staring at a blank screen. Get ClickUp AI to generate a first draft of your proposal in ClickUp Docs within seconds. It also works perfectly for other business documents like company wikis, standard operating procedures, and other knowledge databases.
Add tables to your documents to present relevant data in a digestible format, attachments for sharing extra details, a table of contents for easy navigation, and branded banners to make your proposal memorable.
Need to handle incoming requests? Use ClickUp’s Table view. It’ll help you track requests for proposal (RFPs), requests for information, and requests for quotes. Whether you’re executing these requests or the actual projects, ClickUp’s project management features make it a breeze.
Use custom fields to assign tasks, set deadlines, and track progress with progress bars. And thanks to ClickUp’s notifications, you’re always reminded of what’s next, so you never miss a beat. ⏰
ClickUp best features
- Collaborate in real time with your team via task descriptions, chats, and Docs
- Customize ClickUp’s Project Proposal Whiteboard template and 1,000+ more proposal templates to manage one-pager company pitches, business cases, proposals, and operational workflows
- Track business goals, project progress, and team performance with ClickUp Dashboards
- Connect ClickUp with 100+ tools including Google Drive, Hubspot, and Slack
- Access ClickUp on the web, desktop, and mobile
- Extensive features may overwhelm new users
- Free plan is limited to 25 uses of ClickUp AI
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI: Available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,800+ reviews)
Jotform is a versatile tool for building proposals, surveys, and questionnaires. With this proposal management software option, you can create proposals from scratch, use an existing PDF, or choose from any of its 700+ templates.
Its intuitive drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to add text, photos, e-signature fields, and other relevant details. Track proposal statuses and manage team tasks inside Jotform Tables. Switch between the table, calendar, card, uploads, and report views for visualizing your data. 📊
Jotform best features
- Set up a signing order if there are multiple signees
- Automate reminder emails to prospects at set intervals
- Get notified when prospects take action
- Save signed PDFs to cloud storage tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive
- Free plan is limited to 10 monthly signed documents
- The platform lags occasionally
- Starter: Free
- Bronze: $39/month
- Silver: $49/month
- Gold: $129/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Jotform ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (206 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1,620+ reviews)
3. Better Proposals
Better Proposals makes building business proposals super easy, even for nondesigners. Choose from any of its 200+ customizable templates to get started. Content blocks let you quickly add text, images, videos, e-signatures, and pricing tables without fussing over design. 🎨
When your prospects view their proposal, it adjusts to their screen, with key sections appearing as separate tabs. Once they’re on board with your proposal, they can drop payments via PayPal, Stripe, or GoCardless.
Better Proposals best features
- Save and reuse content blocks like company bios, services, and terms and conditions
- Send proposals in 20+ languages, including English, French, Spanish, and Italian
- Get notified when a client opens, reads, or signs your proposal
- Track which pages your prospects viewed, the time spent on each page, and who they forwarded the proposal to
Better Proposals limitations
- Can’t duplicate sections in the document builder
- Starter plan is limited to five monthly documents and doesn’t include CRM and Zapier integrations
Better Proposals pricing
- Starter: $19/month per user
- Premium: $29/month per user
- Enterprise: $49/month per user
Better Proposals ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (41 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (149 reviews)
HoneyBook is an all-in-one business management platform for freelancers and small service-based businesses. It covers everything from proposals to invoices to contracts and agreements. And yes, they’ve got a few templates in each of these areas to make things snappier. ⚡
Your clients will appreciate signing proposals, scheduling appointments, and making payments without bouncing out of their inbox.
Track where each prospect and client falls in your pipeline at a glance, and clear up repetitive tasks with automations. Let HoneyBook handle the flow, even while you catch some Z’s.
HoneyBook best features
- Use questionnaires to gather more details from a client before starting a project
- Create standard, scheduled, or recurring invoices for accepting payments
- Configure workflow automations to follow up with prospects and receive reminders about your upcoming tasks
- Log time spent on project tasks for generating invoices
- There’s a steep learning curve for new users
- Has very basic task management features
- Starter: $19/month
- Essential: $39/month
- Premium: $79/month
HoneyBook ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (150 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (588 reviews)
Revver (formerly eFileCabinet) is a cloud-based platform where small businesses can securely store, organize, and manage their digital documents and proposals. Organize files into folders and subfolders so you can quickly locate them when needed. 🔍
Plus, Revver enhances file discovery with keyword and optical character recognition searches, as well as custom-saved searches. This proposal management software also allows you to easily share documents, request files, and get e-signatures from both internal teams and external parties.
Revver best features
- Collaborate on documents with real-time edits, comments, and annotation tools
- Automate folder creation, document routing, e-signature requests, and task reminders
- Create and schedule reports to track document usage and access patterns
- Export reports as PDF, HTML, and CSV files
- Newbies might find it challenging to set up and learn its features
- Limited native integrations
- Contact for pricing
Revver ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (349 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (893 reviews)
Proposify is designed for sales teams looking to streamline their sales process and track closing insights. Add e-signature blocks to your proposals, images from the integrated Unsplash library, and videos from YouTube and Vimeo links.
Set up Proposify to send out follow-up emails and thank-you notes to prospects. Keep tabs on client interactions with your document, including when they viewed, downloaded, commented, and signed it. You’ll even know how much time they spent on different sections of your document, which is pretty handy for making your future proposals even better.
Proposify best features
- Create multiple user roles for your team members, and set specific view and edit permissions for them
- Create dynamic pricing tables by including formulas, optional services, recurring fees, and discounts
- Edit documents during the proposal writing process, even after sending them to your clients and stakeholders
- Track the performance of team members based on their won and lost proposals
- No undo function to quickly reverse changes
- Can’t save custom templates for future use
- Team: $49/month per user
- Business: Contact for pricing
Proposify ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (941 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (271 reviews)
Responding to RFPs can be tedious and lengthy, but not with Loopio. Loopio is an RFP automation software that helps you streamline and scale your RFP responses to close deals faster.
It automatically identifies questions within an RFP and uses the nifty “magic” feature to pull in answers from past responses. If a question has you scratching your head, no problem! Assign it to a teammate, jot down a comment, and set a deadline. 🗓️
And whenever you have a fresh response or a new piece of info, simply add it to Loopio’s library. This way, you’re always set for the next RFP that rolls in.
Loopio best features
- Add company details to the content library in 12 different languages, including English, French, Dutch, and Spanish
- Differentiate between new and outdated content based on their freshness scores
- Receive notifications on assigned actions via Slack or Microsoft Teams
- Embed images and other relevant files into your documents from Google Drive, Dropbox, SharePoint, Box, and OneDrive
- Doesn’t always locate the answer fields correctly, especially for Microsoft Word documents
- Limited native integrations
- Contact for pricing
Loopio ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (495 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (71 reviews)
PandaDoc is for service-based businesses looking to manage branded proposals, contracts, quotes, and invoices. It has a diverse library stacked with over 1,000 templates to help you get started.
Before you send off documents to prospects, notify your team to review, edit, suggest changes, and give their green light. Every edit gets logged, so you can always see the who-what-when from the initial draft to the final version.
If your client is happy to seal the deal, they can add their signatures and even send in payments via PayPal, Stripe, Square, or Authorize.Net directly from the document. 💸
PandaDoc best features
- Set up PandaDoc with popular CRM integrations like Hubspot, Salesforce, Zoho CRM, and Insightly
- Use the search engine with date, status, owner, recipient, and company filters to quickly find documents
- Get notified when a client opens, reads, and signs a proposal
- Track client interactions via metrics like number of views, last viewed, total time spent, and downloads
- Starter plan is limited to two seats max and doesn’t include access to integrations
- Some users say proposals go to recipients’ junk mail
- Essentials: $35/month per seat
- Business: $65/month per seat
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
PandaDoc ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,242 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5 (1,046 reviews)
DocuSign provides a seamless and user-friendly document management experience for teams and clients on desktop and mobile devices. To send over a proposal, create an “envelope” (an electronic container holding one or multiple documents) and deliver it to your prospect’s email inbox.
Building these documents is super easy—choose from DocuSign’s template library or drag and drop an existing document from your computer or cloud storage app.
Need a document signed? Add signature fields to the areas where you need them to be. And if there are multiple signees, arrange them in the order you want them to receive the document, and DocuSign will handle the rest. 🏋️♂️
DocuSign best features
- Upload documents, images, presentations, and spreadsheets in 25+ formats
- Track envelope status according to pending action, waiting for others, nearing expiration, and completed
- Preview how documents will render on desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Connect DocuSign to 400+ external apps, including Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, and Zoom
- Starter plan is limited to five envelopes per month
- New users might face a learning curve
- Inconsistent customer support
- Personal: $15/month
- Standard: $45/month per user
- Business Pro: $65/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
DocuSign ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (2,166 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (8,227 reviews)
With Qwilr, your standard proposals take on a whole new vibe. Instead of the usual PDFs or Word documents, the native no-code editor lets you create interactive web-based proposals with images, videos, accordions, and return-on-investment calculators that look great on any device. You can even create dynamic pricing tables based on the client’s choice of products and quantity for their package.
Visualize how many pages you’ve created, which are live, which received engagement, and which ones got accepted. If you’re looking for a unique way to stand out to prospects and create a lasting impression, you should check out Qwilr.
Qwilr best features
- Adjust proposals in real time after they’ve been sent
- Receive email notifications when prospects view and e-sign deals
- Track the time spent reading each block of content on your pages
- Connect Qwilr to Hubspot, Salesforce, Pipedrive, Zoho CRM, Quickbooks, Slack, Stripe, and Zapier
- Few native integrations
- Business plan doesn’t have key features like custom domain and fonts
- Business: $35/month per user
- Enterprise: $59/month per user
Qwilr ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (671 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (381 reviews)
Here’s to Landing More Clients With Proposal Management Software
Each of these proposal management tools comes with a unique feature set. Choosing the right one will help you keep your team organized, close more deals, and gain insights into optimizing your proposal documents and workflows.
But if you’re considering a workforce planning tool that handles everything from proposal writing to executing client projects to managing business operations, ClickUp is the perfect tool for the job. It reduces the stress and hassle when transitioning from the proposal to execution phase. 🧘
No need to search around for your wallet either. Sign up for ClickUp today and try all of its features for free!