Any successful business knows the importance of getting their product or service in front of potential customers. But if you’re working with a variety of digital marketing campaigns and management platforms, it can all become quite time-consuming.
That’s where an excellent ads management tool can make all the difference. 🙌
Here, we’ll explore ad management software and help you get clear on what to look for when choosing an advertising management platform. We’ll then share the best tools to monitor and manage your ad projects or campaigns to save you time and money.
What is an Ads Management Tool?
An ads management tool is a platform that uses automation tools to manage and streamline your advertising campaign workflow.
An ad tool can help you with ad creation, ad targeting, and ad placements across multiple channels. It can also monitor the success of your ad campaigns, inform optimization decisions, and help you manage your budget. 💵
Yet neither of those will keep you on top of your paid advertising—like your Google Ads campaign, for example. That’s why you need an ads management tool as part of your campaign management toolkit. 🛠️
What Should You Look for in an Ads Management Tool?
Ads management tools offer a range of functionality. Depending on the needs of your business, these are some common elements to look for:
- A central platform so you can manage campaigns across different channels in one place
- AI writing tools to help you create your ads from a few keywords
- A/B testing options to optimize your ads and reduce pay-per-click (PPC) costs
- Integration with your marketing CRM software so you can identify trends to better target your campaigns
- Workflows that automate repetitive tasks and reduce process inefficiencies, saving your time and attention where they’re really needed
- Tools that simplify marketing project management tasks, like project planning and ad spend monitoring, across your various ad accounts
- Real-time tracking software that monitors ad performance and gives you helpful feedback
- Customizable reporting tools with useful metrics—like conversion attribution and return on investment (ROI)—to help you make good optimization decisions
- An easy-to-use interface so you can get running fast
The 10 Best Tools to Manage Ads in 2023
To help you decide on the best ad management tool, start by making a list of the functionality you need. Then compare it to this list of the best ad management and marketing tools available right now.
ClickUp is a one-stop-shop project management and productivity tool. It’s ideal for marketing project management so you can create, assign, and track marketing tasks, all under one roof.
Start your campaign planning process by brainstorming with your team members on a ClickUp Whiteboard or ClickUp Doc. Then use ClickApps to automatically create tasks directly from your content planning—all while keeping those tasks connected to your strategy documents, content calendars, and marketing roadmap. 🛤️
Want to save even more time? ClickUp AI takes notes during your meeting and makes it easy to generate campaign ideas. It also helps generate content for blogs, emails, and landing pages that search engines love, plus compelling ad copy in various formats for different target audiences.
Monitor the performance of your campaign and all related tasks with ClickUp Dashboards. These give you all the custom data and metrics you need to optimize your marketing and manage your budget. 🎯
ClickUp best features
- Save time with handy templates like the Campaign Plan Template and an array of Content Calendar Templates
- Customize your workflows to suit your team and your business
- Use triggers, actions, and conditions to automate repetitive tasks and free your team up for more important things
- Make use of graphs, charts, and reports to track resource allocation and performance analytics in real-time
- Integrate with 1,000+ tools, including HubSpot, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Google Workspace, Asana, and Slack
- Use ClickUp on Windows, Mac, or Linux, plus iOS or Android
- With so many features, it can take time for new users to learn them all
- AI is only available with paid plans
- Free Forever: Free
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available for purchase on all paid plans at the price of $5 per Workspace member and internal guest per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (3,800+ reviews)
This tool is designed for everyone from a Facebook ads manager with limited budgets to professional marketers and large e-commerce companies.
Use the extensive segmentation features to create a custom audience. Set up advertising and retargeting campaigns across multiple platforms like Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok—and manage them all on one platform. Get metrics for impressions, clicks, and conversions using the ad performance tracking and analytics functionality. Then use that data to optimize your campaign.
AdRoll best features
- Launch your ads, then pause them to optimize and edit the content and audience to better reach your target market
- Use the AI to create dynamic, personalized ads by including product recommendations targeted to your audience
- Take advantage of monthly ad credits on the Marketing & Ads Plus package, plus unlimited emails for your email marketing strategy
- The pay-as-you-go ads package only gives you access to native and display ads plus segmentation and reporting—not social media
- Some users feel that the reporting functionality could benefit from being more flexible
- Ads: Pay as you go
- Marketing & Ads Plus: Starting at $36/month, depending on the number of unique monthly visitors to your site
- Advanced Package: Contact for pricing
AdRoll ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.0/5 (550+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.0/5 (70+ reviews)
WASK is an ads management tool that helps you stay on top of your advertising accounts from one platform—even if you don’t have much technical knowledge. It currently integrates your Google and Facebook accounts with X, LinkedIn, and TikTok coming soon.
The AI analyzes visitor and customer behavior on your website, then uses that to automatically identify your highest-converting target audience. It also uses smart algorithms to calculate your advertising metrics and make intelligent recommendations to optimize your campaigns. ↪️
WASK best features
- Use the AI functionality to create high-conversion ad campaign copy
- Analyze the search volume of your important keywords so you can use your ad budget most effectively
- Quickly create and customize reports using the drag-and-drop tool
- Choose monthly, quarterly, or annual payments with increasing discounts for longer-term payments
- Some users would like to see more detailed and customizable ad performance graphics in the user panel
- The Basic plan doesn’t include optimization functionality
- Basic: $19/month
- Premium: $49/month
- Professional: $89/month
WASK ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (8 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (11 reviews)
This ads management tool is designed for B2B businesses. It allows you to target specific decision-makers within your buying group and measure how they interact with your ad.
Ensure that sales and marketing teams work seamlessly together by aligning content and leveraging marketing signals. Use engagement data to educate potential customers, build trust, and perfectly time your sales outreach. Then track the influence your ads have on moving potential customers through your pipeline.
Influ2 best features
- Save money by curating your ads and targeting only people who are likely to convert
- Place display ads or social media ads across all major channels, including Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Amazon
- Protect your customer data with SOC2 Type II certification
- Quickly deploy and onboard the Influ2 system with the user-friendly interface
- You can’t easily see which platforms are bringing in engagements
- Some users would like to see templates that save time when building an audience
- Contact for pricing
Influ2 ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (7 reviews)
TrendHERO is a digital marketing tool that connects businesses to influencers. It’s a different kind of ad management tool but it’s just as important in today’s influencer-driven, social media culture.
Use TrendHERO to identify the right influencers to work with your business using filters like location, language, category, and size. For example, you can gain insight into an influencer’s analytics, follower counts, and mentions. Connect with them to discuss what you’re looking for and receive business proposals before finalizing your arrangement. 🤝
trendHERO best features
- Choose from a database of over 100 million influencers, from the largest to the smallest level of influence
- Verify that an influencer’s audience aligns with your target market using analytics like demographics and audience interests
- Send automated and personalized emails to multiple influencers at once
- Track how often you and your competitors are mentioned in influencer accounts
- The filters are quite limited, so you’ll probably need to spend some time manually fine-tuning your choices
- Some users feel that the reporting functionality isn’t as quick or user-friendly as it could be
- Free: Free
- Lite: $15.99/month
- Pro: $39.99/month
- Advanced: $119.99/month
trendHERO ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: No reviews yet
Aimed at B2B business, this ads management software aligns your sales and marketing efforts using intent data and accurate prediction. Its goal is to improve pipeline quality, boost conversation rates, make faster sales, and ensure steady revenue growth. 💰
The 6sense AI evaluates the behavior of potential customers and tells you where prospects are in the buying journey. It helps you create engagement at every account level with highly relevant and personalized content, plus ad campaigns for that stage. When prospects are ready to buy, you can target them with appropriate display ads designed to convert.
6sense best features
- Reach your target audience with unique, cross-channel messages at scale
- Get anonymous buying signals from your own website and third-party websites to identify potential customers who are researching a product or service you offer
- Segment account data to get insight into how well campaigns are working for a specific account
- Integrate with other marketing and sales platforms in your tech stack, like HubSpot, Salesforce, SalesLoft, Outreach, and more
- Because multiple teams need to use the tool, you may need a product champion to pull them all together
- Some aspects of the platform aren’t as user-friendly as they could be
- Contact for pricing
6sense ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (16 reviews)
RollWorks is another account-based marketing and sales platform for B2B businesses. This ads management tool aims to increase and accelerate your sales pipeline by engaging with highly qualified customers.
Set up your ideal customer profile, then use that to identify target accounts that best fit your business. Run cross-channel campaigns—including display and social media ads and triggered emails—to engage those accounts at different levels of your funnel, moving them through to conversion.
RollWorks best features
- Personalize your ads to best reach specific audiences 👪
- Automate repetitive marketing tasks like sending emails and follow-ups
- Use retargeting to reconnect with potential customers who have shown previous interest in your products and services
- Track the effectiveness of your campaigns at both account and specific contact levels
- The Standard package doesn’t allow for personalization of marketing content to accounts or contacts
- Users who aren’t fully versed in account-based marketing might take a while to get up to speed on the system
- Contact for pricing
RollWorks ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (25+ reviews)
Celtra helps you automate digital content creation at scale and in several languages. It’s a different type of ad management tool that allows you to create dynamic, personalized ads that improve performance and conversion.
Ad Builder templates help you easily design unique ads for your brand with animation, videos, and e-commerce functionality. Connect your product catalog and pull in relevant product data to personalize your ad. You can test your ads, tweak them, and test again before going live with the new version. Real-time reporting metrics tell you exactly how your ad is doing so you can keep iterating for success.
Celtra best features
- Build your ad template in layers using the intuitive design interface to apply colors, fonts, branding, and product information—no coding knowledge required
- Use visual elements and urgency to attract attention and promote conversion
- Create multiple variations of your ad for different content applications and promotions
- Streamline collaboration with your team using cloud-based software
- The preview you see on screen doesn’t always exactly match the version that goes live
- Because it’s cloud-based, you need to be online to work on the platform
- Contact for pricing
Celtra ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (350+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (290+ reviews)
9. HubSpot Ad Management
HubSpot Ad Management is part of the brand’s Marketing Hub platform. As HubSpot is a CRM at heart, it’s easy to generate audiences from your database and in turn, see which ads are converting visitors to customers. 👀
Create relevant, targeted ads for multiple platforms, including Google, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Monitor performance and optimize your ads to increase conversions and boost ROI, all on one platform.
HubSpot Ad Management best features
- Segment your audience to deliver personalized ads based on real data
- Get insights on the specific leads and ROI every ad generates to maximize spend
- See reporting at every stage of the advertising process to identify what’s working and what’s not
- Easy to use no matter what your technical knowledge—no complex IT processes required
HubSpot Ad Management limitations
- You can’t opt just for ad management—you have to buy the whole marketing package
- HubSpot prices are steep for small businesses
HubSpot Ad Management pricing
HubSpot Ad Management ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (10,300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (5,700+ reviews)
Smartly.io is an ads management tool that lets you launch and manage multiple campaigns across different social media channels all at once. Powered by AI and using automated workflows throughout, it reduces manual work, saving time and money. 💪
Use automation to create dynamic ads for your target audience, including images and videos. Fine-tune with them data-driven insights that drill down to the level of creative elements. After launch, ads rotate automatically to prevent fatigue and increase conversions.
Smartly.io best features
- Use algorithms to optimize bidding, target ad content for different audiences, and better manage your budget
- Repurpose content across multiple formats and platforms
- Measure attribution and performance against custom KPIs to generate insights for further iterations
- See details of your campaigns in one dashboard that combines real-time data from all your channels
- Users report that there are still some bugs to be worked out by the development team
- More comprehensive training and help articles would speed up the learning curve
- Contact for pricing
Smartly.io ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (450+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (13 reviews)
Streamline Your Marketing Workflow With the Best Ads Management Tool
To grow your business, you need more customers. However, managing advertising campaigns on static spreadsheets is time-consuming and less than efficient—which is why many businesses turn to ad management tools. ✨
Ad management software can support ad creation, bid management, targeting, and launching your ads, as well as monitoring and optimizing ad performance. It also automates workflows wherever possible to free up your time for other important tasks.
There are many contenders on the list of best ads management tools, but ClickUp holds its own against strong competition. 🥇
ClickUp’s project management and productivity functionality supports your marketing campaigns through the planning, creation, implementation, and monitoring phases. It helps you measure, manage, and optimize performance, streamlining your process with automation at every turn.
Sign up for free to get ClickUp today and start making every cent of your marketing budget count.