As a product manager, your life revolves around generating insights, defining business objectives, and crafting products that make a difference to your customers. Product management tools make life easier when you’re constantly juggling tasks. 🤹
One such tool is Productboard, which is designed to help product teams gather customer feedback and create road maps for multiple products in one space.
Users like Productboard’s progress tracking features, insight collection capabilities, and roadmap views. However, product managers may need more integrations in their project management software. In fact, product managers need to prioritize features that offer better flexibility, deeper insights, and broader management support.
That’s where this list of the best Productboard alternatives comes in.
Here, we’re sharing some of our favorite alternatives to Productboard, both paid and free, with a list of features, pros and cons, pricing, and ratings.
It’s time to level up your PM game. 🙌
What Should You Look for In Productboard Alternatives?
Not all product management tools are created equal. Depending on your specific product needs, you may prefer certain features over others. 🛠️
Here are a few things to look for in Productboard alternatives:
- User tracking and analysis: To produce great products, you need to understand how your customers engage with them
- Road mapping: Create a product map from ideation to launch with product management tools that support visual, interactive product strategy
- Customer surveys: Support feedback management with a tool that offers customizable forms to help close the customer feedback loop
- Team collaboration: From in-app team messaging to real-time collaboration, look for a product management tool that help you work together
- Presentation support: Share your insights and new ideas with a tool that offers presentation functionality
- Project management features: Streamline workflows and task management with a project management tool that lets you control the project in one space
- Heatmaps and flowcharts: The best way to get insights on your customers is to see how they actually interact with your products using key features like heatmaps and recordings
- Integrations: Product managers juggle different tools to get work done. Be sure the Productboard alternative you choose integrates with your most important product management software
The 10 Best Productboard Alternatives to Use in 2023
Finding the right product management software takes time and energy. And we know you’re probably running low on both.
That’s why we’ve done the legwork for you. Here are 10 of the best Productboard alternatives (both free and paid!) that can boost your process while saving time, energy, and even money. 💰
Yes, we put ClickUp at the top of the list, but for good reason. (Or, more accurately, many reasons.) ClickUp is an all-in-platform that offers nearly endless features, integrations, and customizations so teams can keep tabs on every step of the product development process.
Indeed, ClickUp’s Product features let you map out your vision, track issues, and handle sprint management all in one place.
To start, get everyone on the same page by using ClickUp’s Product Brief Document. The pre-built ClickUp Doc lets you link to designs, list functional specifications, and explain design considerations. Use it to draft a release plan for the product teams and create a framework for a successful product launch. ✨
Build shared product road maps in ClickUp so everyone on the team sees the role they play and the overall vision. Visualize workflows and maximize efficiency with multiple board views, including ClickUp’s Kanban boards. Instantly add task automation to break down product development for different team members and departments.
You can also make product development easier thanks to ClickUp AI. Use it to write a Product Requirements Document (PRD), design user tests, or create an overall test plan.
ClickUp best features:
- 35+ ClickUp Apps let you customize task management, including assigning sprint points and tracking custom data fields
- More than 1,000+ templates, including project plan templates, make it easy to create Agile stories, track feature requests, and build design boards
- 50+ actions, triggers, and automations make customization easier than ever before
- 1000+ integrations, including HubSpot, Slack, and Salesforce
- There may be a steeper learning curve simply because there is so much customization available
- Some users found the number of notifications could be overwhelming, but these can be personalized in account settings
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user paid annually; $10/month per user paid monthly
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,700+ reviews)
Prodpad takes the guesswork out of building products by providing user feedback and helping you plan your strategy. Use it to capture key ideas from real-life customers and create a project schedule with built-in road maps.
The customer feedback tools are particularly useful for planning which products you want to work on first. Prodpad offers AI tools that mine feedback and offer general insights. Use this information to segment customers and focus on products that meet their specific needs.
Prodpad best features:
- Idea discovery features make it easy to see which features users want and help you prioritize projects that matter the most
- Integrations with tools like Jira, Microsoft, and Github let you incorporate Prodpad into existing workflows so you don’t disrupt the team’s process
- The Product Backlog Workflow features lets you break down ideas and identify the most desired features to clear out product backlogs
- Some users found the road maps could be confusing for long or more complex product journeys
- The archived ideas don’t have history attached to them, so you’ll have to track reasoning separately
- Roadmaps: Free trial
- Roadmaps Essentials: $30/editor/month
- Roadmaps Advanced: $55/editor/month
Prodpad ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.3/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.0/5 (10+ reviews)
Airfocus helps you understand user needs, plan your project execution, and align teams. This strategic product management platform lets you manage product development from discovery and prioritization to strategy. Built as a modular platform, it’s intended to be a central hub for all of your product work. 💪
Gain insights into user experience and collect product feedback to ensure you’re solving the right problems. Engage with actual users by building a branded portal where you can share ideas with your customers.
Use the roadmap tool to lay out a clear direction and let teams know exactly what to expect at every step. Brainstorm ideas, announce a product launch, and celebrate wins in one space.
Airfocus best features:
- Airfocus native apps let you build a modular approach to product development, meaning you can leverage the tool to meet your specific needs
- Custom views make it easy to visualize data using Gantt charts, Kanban boards, and tables
- Road map software creates visibility for the team plan and is customizable for a wide range of use cases
- Users found the integration with Jira wasn’t always reliable
- Pricing plans are based on users so it gets expensive if you work with numerous team members
- Advanced: $69/editor/month
- Pro: Custom annual pricing
- Enterprise: Custom annual pricing
Airfocus ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
UserVoice is a product management system that helps you create strategies for product development. The user feedback board makes it easy to see what customers are saying about your products—and what features they want most.
The tool uses a data-driven approach for stakeholders to identify the best ways to meet customer needs. From establishing the user story to watching how they navigate your products, you’ll get insight into better serving your customers. 🤩
UserVoice best features:
- Feedback forms and tools are designed to foster relationships, make customers feel heard, and build better branding
- The user-friendly interface makes it easy to use it without spending hours mastering a steep learning curve
- Integrations include Jira, Slack, Azure DevOps, and Zendesk
- Users like the existing integrations but wish there were more supported platforms
- There isn’t any email or online customer support, which means getting help with bugs can be tricky
- Essentials: $699/month
- Pro: $899/month
- Premium: $1,349/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
UserVoice ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.5/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (60+ reviews)
Convas is a customer feedback collection tool that makes it easier to develop products people actually want. Use the Feedback Page to gather feedback from your own team members and real-life customers. Add feature voting to let users up- or down-vote different functionalities.
Using customer feedback, create a roadmap for the product lifecycle. Clearly show stakeholders what’s in progress, what’s done, and what’s coming up next. Use automated notifications to let users know when you release a new product they may be interested in.
Convas best features:
- The Feedback Page is completely customizable. Use commenting to engage directly with users, create multiple boards for different types of feedback, and add tags to increase organization
- Add the Customer Feedback Widget to your landing pages to gain insights without users leaving your site
- Product update announcements make it easier than ever to announce new features and product launches
- Some users found the app was buggy, leading to slowdowns in the product development process
- If you have more than 100 users you want to track, you must pay for the business-level plan
- Free: $0/month with up to 25 tracked users
- Growth: $15/month with up to 100 tracked users
- Business: $150/month with unlimited tracked users
- Private: $99/month for private feedback feature
Convas ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.0/5 (1+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Pendo is designed to make the digital product experience better. This all-in-one tool works across marketing, IT, product, and customer success departments.
Low-code solutions make it easy for anyone on the team to use Pendo to garner customer insights and develop better products. Retroactive data paired with qualitative feedback gives you a complete overview of how customers use and feel about your products.
Pendo best features:
- Input product ideas and share them directly with customers to get feedback before you start developing features and new apps
- SaaS portfolio insights let you conduct an audit of your existing tools and workflows to streamline your digital workspace
- AI features provide in-depth insights and analysis your team members might miss on their own
- Pricing may be challenging for startups that have limited budgets
- Some custom reports aren’t available on the app, meaning you have to go to your desktop to access deeper insights
- Free: Free with a maximum of 500 monthly active users
- Starter: $7,000 per year with a maximum of 10,000 monthly active users
- Growth: Contact for custom pricing
- Portfolio: Contact for custom pricing
Pendo ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (1,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (200+ reviews)
ProductPlan is one of the most popular tools to evaluate potential products, create product strategy, and build a project timeline in one space.
Use custom views and filters to personalize the tool for your business. Create flexible layouts to help team members understand the product development process and end goals. 🏆
Portfolio roadmaps let you create a broad view of all projects in the pipeline. Seamlessly track progress across various products and features, whether they’re in brainstorming, user testing, or final delivery.
ProductPlan best features:
- SOC 2 Type II Compliance means this tool is ideal for all organizations, including enterprises that need extra security
- Import, sync, and connect to dozens of tools including product favorites like Jira, GitHub, and Zapier
- Dozens of road map templates make it easy to create visual layouts of your product strategy
- Some users found team collaboration could be confusing
- There’s no offline mode so you have to be connected to get anything done
- Basic: $39/month
- Professional: $79/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
ProductPlan ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (50+ reviews)
Roadmunk is all about road mapping for product teams. Use the platform to create a visual roadmap to share with stakeholders to get buy-in for your next product. Get customer feedback and prioritize what features you want to build next.
Roadmunk best features:
- 35+ roadmap templates let you save time and effort when laying out your product journey
- Roadmunk API lets you create custom integrations to seamlessly use the tools you love
- The Feedback Inbox creates a useful space to track what customers are saying
- Some users want more customization in description fields to include more data
- You have to add dates to each roadmap step, which might be too granular for organizations with less strict timelines
- Starter: $19/month for one road mapper
- Business: $49/editor/month
- Professional: $99/editor/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Roadmunk ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.0/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (80+ reviews)
Rapidr helps you capture product ideas, gather customer feedback, and engage users throughout the creation process. Use public and private feedback boards to get real insight into existing products and features users are looking for. Identify the best products to develop and create road maps to track the process.
Rapidr best features:
- 7 existing integrations and 5 more in the pipeline make it easy to use popular development tools with Rapidr
- Feature request tracking lets you keep tabs on what types of products your users want
- Built-in bug tracking lets users flag issues in the product for your team to address
- Data visualization is basic and there aren’t any Gantt charts or more advanced road mapping tools
- While the interface is easy to use, some users wish there was more functionality
- Startup: $49/month
- Business: $199/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Rapidr ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.5/5 (2+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Use Craft.io to gather user feedback and make more informed product decisions. Using a visually-pleasing interface, it’s easy to create roadmaps and strategy timelines to align the team. Prioritize features, adjust for capacity, and streamline execution all in one place.
Craft.io best features:
- Automations let you instantly assign tasks to team members and integrate with other development tools like Jira
- Manage your product portfolio with fields for backlog, objectives, dependencies, and initiatives
- Some users experienced bugs that assigned tasks to the wrong team members
- The product road mapping isn’t as intuitive as some competitor tools
- Starter: $19/editor/month
- Pro: $79/editor/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Craft.io ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.5/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (30+ reviews)
Build Better Products More Efficiently With ClickUp
Whether you’re running a startup, a medium-sized firm, or an enterprise, building better products is just a few clicks away. With these Productboard alternatives, you’ll find new ways to generate customer insights, prioritize features, and streamline product execution.
ClickUp’s project management software makes it easy to manage everything in one space. Plus, hundreds of integrations work seamlessly with the product development tools you need to serve your customers.
Sign up for ClickUp today and start getting more in-depth customer insights to build the products they’ll love for years to come. Best of all, with ClickUp, it’s Free Forever!