The combination of artificial intelligence and search engines has brought a significant and positive impact and change in the way we find and use information online.
Search results have definitely improved and the ease that came with using this new search engine service in AI—taking our overall search capabilities to a whole new level. Limitations in a traditional web search engine have been addressed by AI search engine tools like Perplexity AI.
For search engines today, Perplexity AI is growing as one of the most utilized AI tools for people of all industries.
Perplexity AI does a great job at turning complex queries into easy-to-understand answers, but it’s not the only tool out there that uses AI search engines. There’s no shortage of providers in this space, all vying for your attention as the go-to AI-backed search engine or chatbot tool.
Let’s discuss the salient features of Perplexity AI, how this AI search engine can help you with your specific needs, and explore some of the best Perplexity AI alternatives so you can find the perfect app for your use case.
What Is Perplexity AI?
Perplexity AI is an artificial intelligence search engine that you can prompt for answers in a chat-like way. Ask Perplexity AI a question and it’ll sift through the internet to learn about your query, and then bring you a response based on what it found.
This tool differs from a traditional search engine as it’s designed to be more conversational, just like using our natural language. Instead of searching for “examples of marketing automation” you’d ask it “What’s the best example of marketing automation in 2023?” and it’ll respond in a conversational way.
Perplexity AI uses natural language processing (NLP) and sophisticated language models to get you the answers you need in a way that makes sense to anyone. No more reviewing multiple websites to learn about a subject—you can ask Perplexity AI to give you a summary instead. 📚
What to Look for in an Alternative to Perplexity AI
Every month new AI-powered search tools make their way into the world. Choosing the right Perplexity AI alternative is all about considering your goals, needs, and wants.
Here’s what to consider when looking for a Perplexity AI alternative:
- Features: Does the alternative search engine have all the features I need? Does it offer me more?
- User experience: What’s the user experience like? Is it easy to use and navigate?
- Training: Is it hard to learn how to use it? Can I onboard my whole team easily?
- Pricing: Is the new tool a free AI search engine? Is it within my budget?
- Reputation: Does the software provider have a good reputation? Is it completely new to the market?
- Reviews: What do other users say about this particular search engine? Does it live up to the hype?
At its core, Perplexity AI is a simple-to-use tool with a limited feature set. This means you can easily compare other AI-powered search engines to find the best one for you or explore alternatives in this space that can offer you even more features.
10 Best Perplexity AI Alternatives in 2023
Ready to see what else is out there? We’ve gathered a list of the best alternatives to Perplexity AI out there today. Discover AI search engines, tools that help you write code and platforms that can become your go-to place for all things content and AI.
ClickUp has recently launched an AI assistant to challenge all others. ClickUp AI is an AI-powered assistant that’s tailored to your role and needs. Use ClickUp AI to help, no matter what your role is—whether you need to write marketing emails, design a user testing study, or create a project timeline.
ClickUp AI works with ClickUp Docs to help you summarize your meeting notes, comment threads, and large documents in moments. Create a list of action items based on the discussion topics and pull insights directly from ClickUp Tasks and Docs.
Use ClickUp AI to help you improve your writing in real-time. Prompt for ideas, get creative inspiration, and use the tool to help you clarify and perfect your writing. Our AI tool is great for helping you polish your documents too—with features like pre-structured headers and tables available. 💻
ClickUp best features
- Streamline your workflows with the help of ClickUp AI as the ultimate productivity hack
- Edit and polish your content writing—from sales emails to research papers
- Use ClickUp Docs as your go-to place for storing AI-generated content
- Generate action item lists that link to ClickUp Tasks
- Get started quickly with the help of ClickUp Templates
- Use ClickUp AI from not just the web app but the mobile app too—coming soon!
- Get better results from AI tools with ChatGPT prompts for research writing and ChatGPT prompts for copywriting
- Some users suggest there may be a steep learning curve as ClickUp is such a comprehensive software tool
- ClickUp AI is relatively new, so new features continue to be added over time
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available as an add-on to any paid plan for $5/month per user
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,800+ reviews)
Bard (also known as Google Bard AI) is a free AI search engine that’s Google’s answer to AI-powered search engine results. Load up Bard and you can start chatting with the AI to ask it questions, encourage it to solve problems, or ask it to help you come up with creative ideas for a social media marketing campaign. 📱
Bard best features
- Get answers via a chat-based, AI-powered app
- Verify the source of your information so you can fact-check
- Reported to have access to more recent data than some of the other apps
- Built by Google with a strong reputation for high-quality software tools
- Some users report that Bard isn’t as adept at coding questions as other tools
- Google is upfront about Bard being an experiment, so the results may not always be factual
- Not available across multiple search engines—unlike Perplexity AI
Bard ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Bing, Microsoft’s search engine, recently released an AI-powered search engine with a sophisticated algorithm. Like Perplexity AI, you can use Bing (also known as Bing Chat or Bing AI) to help you find answers to any of your burning questions about business or life. 💭
If you’re a Microsoft power-user and an alternative to Perplexity AI, this is the tool for you.
Bing best features
- Integrated into the Microsoft ecosystem
- Backed by high-quality search engine results
- Ask Bing to help you find answers, plan schedules, and more
- Write code with Bing’s help in languages like Python
- Some users report that Bing doesn’t always return relevant results for complex questions
- Like any AI tool, always double-check that any data or statistics quoted are truly factual
Bing ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Unlike Bing and Bard, Jasper isn’t just an AI search engine. Instead, it’s a platform designed to help you use AI to create content for your brand. Jasper has a range of AI copywriting features, including Jasper Chat—their user-friendly chatbot that you can use in a similar way to Perplexity AI. 🤖
Jasper best features
- Extensive database of knowledge for both broad and niche topics
- Able to refer back within a conversation for added context
- Ask questions, prompt for summaries, and generate ideas
- Wide range of AI writing tools and features
- Some users report that Jasper Chat can run slowly at times
- Jasper is only available with a paid plan, making it one of the least affordable Perplexitiy AI alternatives on this list
- Creator: $49/month per user
- Teams: $125/month per user
- Business: Contact for pricing
Jasper ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (1,700+ reviews)
Komo is a sleek, minimalist alternative to Perplexity AI. This AI search engine tool lets you ask questions, explore news articles and digital content, and surface relevant search engine results based on your query. 📷
Additionally, Komo prides itself on being a private search engine AI tool that’s fast and reliable—all without ads.
Komo best features
- Do a web search and ask questions in a distraction-free and ad-free environment
- Narrow down your search to show only community-focused content like YouTube videos and news articles
- Brainstorm ideas based on a specific topic or query
- Get a hybrid chatbot and search engine experience in one tool
- Some users may find the minimalist UI off-putting
- There’s very little information online about Komo compared to some of the more well-known Perplexity AI alternative options in this list
Komo ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
Writesonic is an AI copywriting tool that helps business owners and marketers create fresh copy. As well as an article writer, paraphrasing feature, and article summarizer, this AI content creation tool features Chatsonic—a conversational AI feature using natural language, similar to Perplexity AI. 🖊️
Also, Writesonic claims it can help you generate completely unique content, so you don’t run the risk of producing plagiarized copy.
Writesonic best features
- Conversational NLP processor that rivals ChatGPT
- Powered by search, designed for content writing and idea generation
- Use Chatsonic to generate AI art as well as written copy
- Access Chatsonic and other AI copywriting tools in one place
- Some users report that the word limits in the Business plan can feel frustrating at times
- The copy that Writesonic produces can be repetitive at times, some users suggest
- Unlimited: $20/month per user
- Business: From $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Writesonic ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (1,800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (1,800+ reviews)
Poe is the AI chatbot from the software team at Quora. This app is designed as a web browser and mobile app that gives you access to a variety of chatbots in one place.
From Poe, users can run prompts on services like Midjourney, ChatGPT, Claude, and more. 🔍
Poe best features
- Start a conversation with a huge number of chatbots, with more being added frequently
- Ask questions, get answers, and find new ideas with multiple chatbots
- Find interesting new bots to chat with through the Explore feature
- Available as an app for both iOS and Android devices
- Poe functions as a gateway to other chatbots instead of being one itself, which means the quality depends on the specific chatbot you engage with
- There’s currently no enterprise subscription available for businesses that want to onboard multiple users, though it is a work in progress
- Enterprise: Coming soon
Poe ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (1 review)
- Capterra: N/A
Pi is a conversational AI tool built by Inflection AI. The tool is designed to offer a fun, friendly vibe and act as more of a personal assistant than a traditional chatbot. Pi can help users think of ideas or inspiration, make plans, explore interests, and answer questions. 🌻
Pi best features
- Streamlined, minimalist user interface with no distractions
- A more human-like approach to the chatbot experience
- Ask questions, get inspiration, and vent about your workday
- Blends AI-powered search and answers with a coach-like feel
- Some users may prefer a more professional feel than Pi offers—especially if you’re investing in the software for the whole team
- The tool is relatively new, so not much is known about it currently
Pi ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
ChatGPT is one of the most well-known large language model-based chatbots available today. The generative AI tool, made by OpenAI, helps users surface answers and get information based on previous conversation histories and context. ⚒️
ChatGPT best features
- Get assistance with tasks like planning your marketing campaign, writing an email, or handling a difficult conversation
- Define the length, style, and format of responses given
- Write code without needing to know it yourself
- Summarize texts and provide insights into longer documents like essays or meeting minutes
- Sometimes the output isn’t always accurate, as with most AI-powered chat tools including the best ChatGPT alternatives
- Some users report that ChatGPT doesn’t always maintain context through complex discussions
- ChatGPT Plus: $20/month per user
ChatGPT ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (20+ reviews)
10. GitHub Copilot
GitHub Copilot is slightly different from the other Perplexity AI alternatives on this list, as it’s a tool designed exclusively for developers. As the most widely adopted AI developer tool, this app turns natural language prompts into suggested code across multiple languages. ⌨️
GitHub Copilot best features
- Streamline the code-writing process with the help of AI
- Get AI-powered suggestions based on your previous code
- Edit directly inside your go-to code editor
- Learn how to code with the help of GitHub Copilot
GitHub Copilot limitations
- This app is designed for writing code, so it’s only a useful Perplexity AI alternative if that’s what you use the app for
- Some users report that the tool can have a steep learning curve
GitHub Copilot pricing
- Team: $4/month per user
- Enterprise: $24/month per user
GitHub Copilot ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 5/5 (3 reviews)
Get the Answers You Need with These Perplexity AI Alternatives
There are so many alternatives out there to Perplexity AI that they’re certainly worth exploring. Use this guide to help you find the best Perplexity AI alternatives for the functions and features you need.
While you’re out looking for a great AI-powered content tool, consider that there might be a tool that can offer you even more—like ClickUp. Our all-in-one platform has everything you need for not just AI assistance but project management, productivity, and work management.