Project management software is a centralized hub for your work.
It allows you to communicate and collaborate with fellow employees, organize notes, and delegate tasks to the right people.
But it wasn’t always this easy. There were days when project managers were forced onto platforms such as Excel, Outlook, and even JIRA. Managers were left in the dark as members of different teams struggled to communicate their ideas. And for some, these days still exist.
If you use Excel and Email to keep track of work, you’re wasting your life and your team’s life. Welcome to project management software.
The Power of Having Everything in One Place
ClickUp resolves a common mistake that many organizations make – using different tools in different departments. Keeping a clear channel of assigned tasks, communication, and attachments can be difficult without a centralized platform to handle everything that comes your way.
Before ClickUp, the ‘Frankenstein approach’ with as many as 10 or more separate apps within their organization were used by teams around the world.
ClickUp accomplishes this with customized workspaces that share the same core features. Your development team has the ability to beef up their technical workspace with advanced features, while your sales team can make their workspace as simple as they’d like.
Establishing Clear Goals
Setting goals and objectives for projects is an essential step as they help to identify your destination and provide a roadmap for getting there. It’s easier for teams to improve productivity when they have a clear objective of their goals, rather than robotically knocking out tasks with no known purpose.
ClickUp brings transparency to this process from the ground level with tasks, subtasks, priorities, and due dates for each team member to help ensure projects are completed under budget and within their deadline.
See the Reality
Project management requires a bird’s-eye view to gain true insights. Without this, teams aren’t able to prepare for what’s to come. This is where great software truly hits its stride.
ClickUp allows you to gain valuable insights on the workflow of fellow teammates, bottlenecks in development, and the progress of your team as a whole. For example, in Box View, managers can see if employees are delivering on their tasks. They can also avoid overloading certain individuals with too many tasks. In Board View, managers can ensure tasks are spread out and workflows remain efficient.
Project management can be quite a complex system, and it is important to understand the features that can best serve your team.
- Assigned Comments – Instantly create and assign action items for yourself or others.
- Multiple Assignees – Collaborate together on a single task – if your Space allows it.
- Custom Statuses – Customize your workflow with statuses to fit each individual project.
- Multi-Management – Easily select multiple tasks or groups of tasks and make as many changes as you want with a single click.
- Rich Text Editing – With ClickUp’s intuitively beautiful rich formatting interface, there’s no need to limit a task to only basic text.
- Three Different Views – List View, Board View, and Box View offer the perfect view for developers, managers, and everything in between.
- Priorities – Create custom priority levels, and organize tasks based on their importance to a project.
- Drag and Drop – Drag and drop tasks no matter where they are in ClickUp – Board, List, or Box view.
- Smart Search – Not only does ClickUp have the smartest search function in the world, but with artificial intelligence, Smart Search gets smarter as you use it!
- Integrations – Seamlessly manage and collaborate on Git workflows, sync time tracking with Harvest, and send tasks to and from Slack.
- Due Dates – Specify both time and day, and get notified when tasks are past due.
The Future of Project Management
Around the globe, machines are understanding the behaviors of their human advisors. They silently learn trends, behaviors, and team habits in the background.
ClickUp is and always has been aggressively pursuing machine learning in our long-term vision of project management. We’re constantly gathering data, refining models, and expanding our feature set with the goal of making you more productive using artificial intelligence.
ClickUp’s AI project management features will be released in 2018.