As an office manager, you have the exciting challenge transform your workplace into a productive powerhouse.
From overseeing office operations to managing projects and everything in between, using the best office management software will help your team with performance and decision-making.
We’ve shortlisted the top tools and their features to help you select your perfect office management system. But if you need a ready-made resource to jumpstart your tasks and projects, try ClickUp’s Office Inventory Template!
What Should You Look for in an Office Management Software?
Office managers should look for office management software tools to streamline administrative processes, coordinate tasks, track time and expenses, create documents and reports, and collaborate across departments.
No two days are the same in a busy office. If your organization has multiple locations such as warehouses, remote offices, branch offices, or other facilities, staying informed of developments is key to successful operations.
Here are the top features to consider when choosing an office management software:
- Project views such as calendars, Gantt charts, timelines, and Kanban boards to visualize progress, events, and holidays
- Document management tool to store and collaborate on documentation with team members, vendors, and stakeholders
- Collaboration tools to communicate and collaborate on ideas, solutions, and other types of work in real-time
- Reporting and analytics to measure performance, forecast office needs, and identify patterns
- Resource allocation to assign staff, budgets, and equipment to tasks and projects
- Inventory management to keep track of assets, orders, and maintenance records
- Integrations with most-used apps to keep workflows and systems in one place
- Budget management to track expenses, invoices, and payments
All of these features accessible from one platform will improve productivity and satisfaction across teams. So let’s take a look at the top 15 office management solutions to take your organization to the next level!
The 15 Best Office Management Software Tools
ClickUp is an all-in-one productivity platform designed for teams in any industry, making it a complete solution to stay connected alongside tasks, projects, and events. Teams have customizable features within reach to manage day-to-day workloads and act on new initiatives. With hundreds of built-in tools and third-party integrations, ClickUp takes the heavy lifting off of keeping teams on the same page:
- Save more time with ClickUp Forms for onboarding, office repairs, department moves, and more to streamline the intake process
- Add task watchers and custom statuses to stay on top of progress
- Create Automations to simplify multiple workflows
Plus, ClickUp’s Free Forever Plan and affordable paid plans make it the perfect office management software for small to large teams!
ClickUp best features
- Notes, labels, and tags for context in every time entry, and advanced filtering and sorting
- Over 1,000 integrations to bring all relevant data and information into one platform
- Task Templates to speed up task creation for any project management style
- Assigned and threaded comments in any ClickUp Doc, task, or Whiteboard
- Over 15 customizable project views to manage tasks from every angle
- Custom timesheets, reports, and insights with time-tracking widgets
- Multiple assignees on tasks for total transparency into all progress
- Formulas to accurately calculate billable time across all invoices
- Built-in video Clips function to make messages actionable
- Intuitive Mind Maps to build out processes
- So many powerful collaboration tools can pose a learning curve for some users
- Not all views are available in the mobile app—yet
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $5/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (6,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,500+ reviews)
Basecamp is a popular project management tool designed to help businesses stay organized and productive. It allows teams to collaborate all in one place, with features such as task management, file storage, message boards, and calendars. This makes it easy to keep track of projects, assign tasks, monitor progress, and update deadlines on the fly.
The platform also gives businesses to communicate more efficiently, allowing everyone to be on the same page and complete projects quickly. With its intuitive design and powerful tools, Basecamp is the perfect solution for teams looking to streamline their workflow and stay on top of their tasks.
Basecamp best features
- Hill Charts to visually see progress uphill or downhill over time
- Project, assignment, and schedule dashboard on one page
- Check-in with an automatic poll for the team
- In-app individual or group direct messages
- Real-time chat and messaging system
- A heavy reliance on to-do lists makes the tool unsuitable for complex project management
- No task priorities (check out Basecamp alternatives)
- Basecamp: $15 per user per month
- Basecamp Pro Unlimited: $299 per month, billed annually
Basecamp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (5,100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (14,000+ reviews)
Flock is a team chat software designed to help streamline communication by organizing conversations into specific channels, making it easier to manage discussions in one place. By grouping related discussions into channels, office managers can easily access the information they need and quickly find relevant messages, reducing the time it takes to make decisions and solve problems.
Channels can be created for specific projects or tasks, allowing team members to collaborate more effectively and ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goal. When conversations are dedicated to specific topics, team members can avoid distractions and stay on task, leading to more efficient and effective work.
Flock best features
- Integrated search to find teammate conversations, notes, and documents
- Screen sharing from any device
- Shared notes, to dos, and reminders
- Personalized voice notes
- Real-time file sharing
- Not suitable as a standalone office management solution
- Geared towards small teams with basic chat needs
- Pro: $4.50/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact Flock for details
Flock ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
Hive is a project management tool designed to help teams stay organized by keeping track of tasks, deadlines, and resources. With its intuitive interface, users can assign tasks, set deadlines, and monitor progress. Additionally, Hive offers features that streamline collaboration among team members, enabling them to easily share documents, assign tasks, and communicate directly.
With its goals feature, an office manager can streamline, optimize, and automate processes to make the company more productive and reduce time and resource wastage. And goals are easy to view and manage on Hive’s intuitive dashboards!
Hive best features
- Collaboration tools to comment on tasks, attach documents, and send notifications
- Automation to speed up repeatable work for better task management
- Drag-and-drop interface to create and assign multiple tasks
- Reporting capabilities to view progress over time
- Comprehensive dashboards for metric tracking
- Limited customization for different project views
- Expensive pricing plans
- Solo: Free
- Teams: $12 per month per user
- Enterprise: Contact Hive for details
Hive ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (360+ reviews)
- Capterra:4.5/5 (150+ reviews)
Check out our Hive project management guide to keep track of project deadlines!
Monday is an innovative and comprehensive project management platform that enables teams to collaborate more efficiently, streamline their processes, and maximize productivity. It provides users with an intuitive dashboard that allows them to easily manage projects, assign tasks and track progress.
The platform also offers powerful communication tools such as chat, email, and video conferencing for an office manager to keep everyone on the same page. Additional features like custom reports, automated notifications, and calendar synchronization enable users to better organize their workloads!
Monday best features
- A workload tracking tool to see your team’s current tasks
- Automate workflows to cut down on repetitive tasks
- Over 200 templates to get started
- No-code dashboards to visualize data
- Built-in time tracking
- Steep learning curve to familiarize with functions and interface (check out Monday alternatives)
- The Time Tracking Column feature is only available in the Pro and Enterprise plans
- Individual: Free forever
- Basic: $8 per user per month starting at 3 seats
- Standard: $10 per user per month starting at 3 seats
- Pro: $16 per user per month starting at 3 seats
- Enterprise: Contact Monday for pricing
Monday ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (7,550+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (3,700+ reviews)
6. Google Chat
Google Chat is an instant messaging platform developed by Google. It allows users to communicate with each other in real time, either one-on-one or in group conversations. Google Chat also includes features like file sharing, voice calls, video calls, and searchable chat history. Other features like emojis, GIFs, and stickers make conversations more fun and engaging, while automated bots help simplify tasks like taking polls or scheduling meetings.
With its intuitive interface, Google Chat is a versatile tool that can be used for both professional and personal communication. Whether you’re catching up with project managers or collaborating on a project, Google Chat offers a secure and reliable way to connect with people around the world.
Google Chat best features
- Dedicated Spaces for topic-based discussions
- Integrations with Salesforce and Jira
- Smart suggestions in Search
- Gmail inbox integration
- Standalone app
Google Chat limitations
- Becomes a cluttered, overly complicated office management software on its own
- Works best for teams, stakeholders, or clients with Gmail access
Google Chat pricing
- Chat is free for Google Workspace customers
Google Chat ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Zoom is a video-conferencing software for remote teams looking for a reliable and easy approach to lead meetings and collaborate with others. With Zoom, up to 100 participants can join a meeting, share their screens, annotate documents, and conduct remote training sessions.
Its user-friendly interface allows anyone to quickly launch and use features such as whiteboards, audio and video recordings, polls, virtual backgrounds, and more! Office managers can take advantage of customizable options such as scheduling, registration, and waiting rooms to streamline team training and onboarding sessions.
Zoom best features
- Team Chat to collaborate outside of virtual meetings and phone calls
- Curated Virtual Background library to personalize meetings
- Dedicated app marketplace, integrations, and APIs
- Up to 1,000 attendees on the enterprise plan
- Online whiteboard to brainstorm ideas
- The number of meeting participants is limited, even on paid plans
- Not suitable as a long-term office management software
- Zoom offers Personal and Business paid plans depending on the industry or Zoom product needed
- Basic: Free
- Pro: $149.90 per year per user
- Business: $199.90 per year per user
- Business Plus: $250 per year per user
- Enterprise: Contact Zoom for details
Zoom ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (52,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (13,400+ reviews)
Chanty is a powerful team chat app designed to help teams streamline communication and create a more efficient workflow. With Chanty, teams can keep track of multiple conversations in one unified space, allowing members to be in the know about the latest project changes. Conversations are securely stored in the cloud, and users can access chat history anytime, anywhere.
The tool also integrates with the most-used apps and services, making it even easier to keep up with team activity. With its robust features and simple interface, Chanty empowers teams to share ideas, get work done, and achieve their organizational goals faster.
Chanty best features
- Pins to highlight new ideas, the latest reports, or sensitive deadlines
- Roles and privileges controls for team space management
- Kanban board view to track progress
- Voice messages for replies on the go
- Screen sharing during video calls
- Too many conversations in different places get unorganized, so teams deliver projects at a slower pace
- Requires third-party apps to function as an effective communication tool
- Free plan
- Business plan: $3 per user per month
Chanty ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (30+ reviews)
Toggl is a project management tool built for teams to plan and track their projects with ease. One of the standout features of Toggl Plan is its visual interface, which lets users create project timelines using a simple drag-and-drop action. This makes it easy for teams to see how their projects are progressing and adjust their plans as needed.
The timeline view also allows teams to identify potential scheduling conflicts or resource constraints, so managers can reallocate tasks to the right people. With Toggl, teams can manage their projects with greater transparency and improve collaboration across the organization!
Toggl best features
- Zoom levels to see project plans a month, quarter, or year out
- Work and team timeline views
- Project planning
- Resource planning
- Task management
- Not practical for complex projects with multiple workflows
- No dependencies feature in Toggl Plan (check out Toggl alternatives)
- Free plan
- Team plan: $9/user per month
- Premium plan: $18/user per month
- Enterprise plan: Contact Toggl for details
Toggl ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (1,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (1,800+ reviews)
SmartTask is a cloud-based platform that can help office managers streamline their hiring and training processes. The platform provides powerful tools to automate the entire recruitment process, making it easier and faster for managers to find the right candidates for their teams.
Its suite of project management tools makes it easy for managers to create, deliver, and track the progress of all tasks assigned to team members. With SmartTask’s intuitive setup, managers can quickly get up and running with a comprehensive hiring and training experience that helps them manage their organizations more effectively.
SmartTask best features
- Location tracking of on-field workforce
- Time and budget tracking
- Custom field and charts
- Instant messaging
- Recurring tasks
- Time tracking feature is not reliable with multiple windows open
- Its cluttered interface gets in the way of team productivity
- Free Forever
- Premium: $7.99 per user per month
- Business: $10.99 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact SmartTask for details
SmartTask ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (30+ reviews)
ProofHub is an online project management and collaboration platform designed to help teams organize, manage, and complete projects on time. It simplifies complex workflows by offering an extensive range of features such as task lists, time tracking, file sharing, Gantt charts, milestone tracking, Kanban boards, and more.
The tool also provides security features to protect users from data breaches and unauthorized access. As a result, teams can boost their productivity and reduce the risk of missed deadlines or errors!
ProofHub best features
- Task history and project categories
- Group chat to brainstorm ideas
- Request forms for queries or tickets
- Task categorization with labels
- Time tracking reports
- Limited integrations with popular tools like Evernote, Calendly, and Slack
- No custom roles or workflows in the Essential plan
- Essential: $45/month, billed annually
- Ultimate Control: $89/month, billed annually
ProofHub ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (70+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (70+ reviews)
Bitrix24 is a business productivity platform that offers a wide range of tools for managing customer relationships, project management, and communication. From managing tasks and teams to automating processes and creating customer relationships, Bitrix24 provides the tools needed to make business more efficient.
With a sleek interface, Bitrix24 makes it easy to stay organized while staying connected. It also provides powerful tools for customizing the user experience to fit your office needs.
Bitrix24 best features
- CRM software tool for client notes and progress tracking
- Customizable access permissions
- Preloaded templates for various tasks
- Gantt charts for better project visibility
- Task dependencies
- Non-tech-savvy users might struggle to tailor the tool to their office management software systems
- The mobile app can be slow and lacks a lot of the features that come with the desktop version
- Free plan
- Basic: Starts at $49/month for 5 users
- Standard: Starts at $99/month for 50 users
- Professional: Starts at $199/month for 100 users
- Enterprise: Starts at $399/month for 250 users
Bitrix24 ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (480+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (600+ reviews)
Evernote is a cross-platform, cloud-based tool designed to help users capture, organize, store, and access information. It can be used to manage daily operations and projects by helping you capture ideas, store documents, collaborate with others in real-time, or save notes as reminders for future tasks.
By organizing your data into Notebooks that are searchable across different devices and platforms, Evernote ensures that important information is available whenever you need it. With features like task delegation workflow management tools and automation options, Evernote makes it easy to stay organized and keep track of progress over time.
Evernote best features
- Searchable text in file formats, including PDF files and documents with keywords
- Full page screen captures
- Calendar events can link to notes
- Google Calendar integration
- Notes in tasks
- Not suitable as a standalone office management software for teams, even with integrations
- The free edition has a limited storage capacity of 60MB
- Evernote offers a free version and paid subscriptions
Evernote ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (1,900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (7,700+ reviews)
Slack is a powerful collaboration and project management tool that can be used to streamline daily operations. It allows users to create channels to organize discussions, send direct messages, share files, and access shared resources. With Slack, team members can easily coordinate tasks, prioritize projects, and assign responsibilities.
The platform also provides a variety of integrations with other services, allowing users to stay connected across multiple devices and platforms. Through Slack’s user-friendly interface, users can quickly message colleagues, keep track of deadlines, and access essential resources to ensure all tasks are completed on time.
Slack best features
- 2,200+ integrations with ClickUp, Google Docs, Office 365, and more
- Slack Connect to collaborate with teams at other companies
- Channels to organize conversations, people, tools, and files
- Files, documents, and photo sharing
- Video conferencing tools with audio
- Not suitable as a proper office management software on its own
- Message limits on free accounts
- Pro: $7.25 per month
- Business: $12.50 per month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Slack ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (30,900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/ 5 (22,000+ reviews)
Wrike is a powerful project management tool designed to make managing day-to-day operations a breeze. With its intuitive interface, users can quickly create tasks and track their progress in real-time. Its visualization capabilities provide a clear view of the project’s timeline, allowing everyone to collaborate more efficiently.
The tool also helps streamline communication by allowing users to comment on tasks, attach files to messages, and set reminders for upcoming tasks. Its reporting tools allow managers to track the status of projects and generate reports for review.
Wrike best features
- Customizable dashboards for a quick overview of workloads, to dos, and tasks
- Cross-tagging for better visibility of all workflows and tasks
- 400+ integrations to connect current team apps
- Proofing functionality with DAM integrations
- Gantt charts for a complete scope of work view
- Lacks a document management system (explore better options in Wrike alternatives)
- Gantt charts are a paid feature
- Free version
- Team: $9.80 per user per month
- Business: $24.80 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact Wrike for details
- Pinnacle: Contact Wrike for details
Wrike ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (3,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (2,300+ reviews)
Power Your Office Operations with ClickUp
Office management tools like ClickUp gives teams the freedom to design a tailor-fit structure to support the needs of the organization. Fast-track task management, improve information sharing, simplify collaboration, delegate tasks, and achieve peak levels of productivity!
ClickUp is the solution for modern offices to hit their goals and optimize their workday. With drag-and-drop functionality and hundreds of prebuilt templates for any use case, teams have the flexibility to manage small to complex projects on their time, their way.
Start a free ClickUp Workspace today!
Questions? Comments? Visit our Help Center for support.