If you’ve had to schedule a meeting with someone before, chances are you’ve heard of Calendly. It’s become one of the most popular tools for appointment scheduling in recent years, thanks to how easy it is to use.
This isn’t a feature that’s unique to Calendly though. There are plenty of Calendly alternatives and competitors that offer a similar or better experience for both you and your potential clients and customers.
If you’re looking for a Calendly alternative, you’re in safe hands. Sit back, relax, and review our shortlist of the best options to explore in 2023 and beyond. 📅
What is Calendly?
Calendly is a popular online appointment scheduling tool that you can use to schedule calls, meetings, and appointments. The software makes it easy to create a booking page, sync it with your calendar, and share it with potential or existing customers so they can book directly.
Small businesses, agencies, and freelancers use the best scheduling apps like Calendly to simplify the appointment-booking process. It saves time, energy, and unnecessary communication—so you can streamline the entire pre-meeting process for everyone involved.
Calendly also sends reminders on the appointment scheduling software, so nobody misses a meeting again. Plus, there are Calendly integrations that connect the scheduling app with other popular tools to schedule appointments and for group meetings.
What Should You Look for in a Calendly Alternative?
Tools like Calendly are designed to cut out the back-and-forth nature of trying to schedule meetings or calls. Any alternatives to Calendly should include the same basic features, plus any that you’re keen to add to your toolkit.
Here’s what to look for when considering Calendly alternatives:
- Features: Does the app have the features you need? Does it add new features?
- Usability: Is the software easy to use? Can your team members learn how to use it quickly?
- Integrations: Does the tool integrate with others you already use? Can you extend the functionality with built-in or third-party integrations?
- Sharing: Is it easy to share your booking page or link with others? Can you embed it on your website?
- Payment options: Can you set up paid appointments? Does it work with Stripe, PayPal, Square, or another processor?
- End-user experience: Is the app easy for your customers or clients to navigate?
- Pricing plans: Is there a free plan available? Can you use the free version, or do you need a premium plan for the features you require?
The best calendar app for you will depend on what your goal or purpose is. Decide what matters most to you, then review our best Calendly alternatives to find your ideal match.
The 10 Best Calendly Alternatives to Use in 2023
There are hundreds of tools that offer calendars, online forms, or a combination of the two that claim to make the appointment booking process easier.
Here’s the best of the best—our selection of the top Calendly alternatives to consider using in your business this year.
One of the best Calendly alternatives is ClickUp. Known as a productivity powerhouse, ClickUp also has a lot to offer for teams that want a more streamlined way to organize and view appointments, meetings, and calls.
Keep a close eye on your schedule with ClickUp’s Calendar view from the web version or in the mobile app. See all your tasks, appointments, and meetings in one place. You can view timelines, visualize your workload management, and share your calendar publicly with team members or the wider world.
ClickUp’s Calendar view also seamlessly connects with your Google Calendar, so you don’t miss a thing.
When it comes to taking bookings and scheduling meetings, use ClickUp Forms to do the heavy lifting. Create user-friendly forms that automatically route responses to the right team member. Customize your data capture fields and use conditional logic to improve the booking experience.
Once those responses land, you can automatically convert them into ClickUp Tasks. ClickUp was built for task scheduling and time management, so you and your team can manage appointments and handle the entire client process in one place.
A huge benefit of using ClickUp is how customizable the platform is, but we also have an immense library of premade templates, including time management templates, if you want to get started quickly.
The integrations library also gives you a way to extend the benefits of using ClickUp with other apps in your toolkit, like HubSpot, Google Calendar, Outlook, Slack, and Zoom. Connect with even more apps through Zapier and unlock advanced features with over 1,000+ tools.
If you’re not ready to say goodbye to Calendly completely yet, you’ll be happy to know that ClickUp has a built-in Calendly integration, so you can enjoy the best of both tools in one place. 🤩
ClickUp best features
- Plan your schedule within your calendar, then share it with others easily
- Plan, organize, and track progress with built-in task management software
- Use ClickUp Forms to create customized booking and appointment forms
- Convert form responses into tasks so your team doesn’t miss an opportunity
- Enjoy seamless integrations with other tools in your appointment workflow
- Due to the number of customization options available, some users might find ClickUp overwhelming at first
- While you can take bookings and manage your calendar with ClickUp, it doesn’t function in exactly the same way as Calendly. So if you prefer the Calendly booking process, you can integrate your Calendly account with ClickUp instead
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (3,800+ reviews)
2. Google Calendar
Almost everyone’s familiar with Google Calendar, and it’s become one of the go-to tools for personal and business use. Within Google Workspace, Google Calendar becomes even more useful—with tools and features that can turn it into a built-in appointment schedule system to rival Calendly. 📆
The appointment scheduling software is a go-to for businesses wanting popular scheduling tools that work across teams.
Google Calendar best features
- Set your appointment availability based on your Google Calendar settings
- Customize time slots and appointment durations (ideal for group meetings)
- Share your professional-looking booking page with a link or embed it on your website
Google Calendar limitations
- Appointment booking pages aren’t currently available on Google Workspace’s most affordable tier, Business Starter
- If you’re already using another ecosystem, like Microsoft’s Office 365, investing in Google Workspace too might be unnecessary
Google Calendar pricing
Google Calendar comes included as part of Google Workspace plans:
- Business Starter: $6/month per user
- Business Standard: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $18/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Google Calendar ratings and reviews
There’s no separate rating system for Google Calendar, but here’s how Google Workspace overall is rated by users:
- G2: 4.6/5 (40,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (15,100+ reviews)
Doodle is an online tool that quickly rose in popularity for its group meeting scheduling feature, but it now also has a booking page tool that could replace Calendly for you. The group scheduling and appointment setting tool integrates with your calendar tool of choice to display availability and meeting types, and allow others to book time slots with you. ✏️
Doodle best features
- Set the hours you’re available on your booking page
- Customize the amount of bookings you can take in a day or add buffer times
- Send reminders to your customers or clients so they don’t miss the appointment
- Some users express frustration over trying to schedule meetings or calls with people across different time zones
- There’s no built-in calendar with Doodle, so you need to link it to your Google Calendar or Microsoft Office 365 Calendar
- Pro: $6.95/month per user, paid annually
- Team: $8.95/month per user, paid annually
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Doodle ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1,700+ reviews)
Setmore is a free online appointment-scheduling software tool that works as an alternative to Calendly. The app lets you take online bookings, send reminders, and manage payments—making it a good option for businesses, agencies, and freelancers that want to host paid calls or meetings. 📞
Setmore best features
- Create and customize your online booking page with logos, social media streams, and reviews
- Add online meeting tools like Zoom or Teleport video meeting links to appointments with one click
- Accept online payments for your meetings or calls
- Some users wish the customization options were more flexible—for example to show availability for single days vs. the whole week
- There may not be enough customization in permission levels for some users that want assistants to schedule for them but not have the ability to reject or refund bookings
- Pro: $5/month per user, paid annually (maximum of two users)
- Team: $5/month per user, paid annually (unlimited users)
Setmore ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (900+ reviews)
5. Acuity Scheduling
Acuity Scheduling is a popular client scheduling tool from the team at Squarespace. With Acuity Scheduling you can take bookings, manage payments securely, and use workflow automation to improve your appointments process from start to finish. 📝
Acuity Scheduling best features
- Set your availability and customize when and how clients can book with you so you can prioritize your work
- Let clients schedule, amend, or cancel their own appointments, and send SMS reminders
- Offer recurring subscriptions for memberships or classes, take deposits, and store card details securely
Acuity Scheduling limitations
- Users suggest that you need to click to accept calendar invites, rather than events automatically being added to your chosen calendar
- Some users wish the booking page was easier to customize to match their scheduling needs
Acuity Scheduling pricing
- Emerging: $16/month for one user, paid annually
- Growing: $27/month for up to six users, paid annually
- Powerhouse: $49/month for up to 36 users, paid annually
Acuity Scheduling ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (5,500+ reviews)
YouCanBookMe is an online scheduling tool that claims to put user experience at the center of what they do. The platform makes it possible to create customized booking forms, manage available time slots, and use automation to enhance the client experience. 🙌
YouCanBookMe best features
- Book appointments in a custom way, including single-use links, request-only bookings, and booking limits
- Customize your booking page experience with support for different availability views, currencies, time zones, and languages
- Send reminders, follow-up emails, and no-show emails that match your company branding
- Some users suggest that it’s difficult to customize the look and feel of the booking page, including adding company logos
- You can no longer integrate YouCanBookMe with Apple calendars
- Paid: $10.80/month per calendar, paid annually
YouCanBookMe ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,900+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (300+ reviews)
7. HubSpot Meeting Scheduler
HubSpot offers a lot of free tools and features for marketing and sales teams, and their meeting scheduler is one of them.
With HubSpot’s free meeting scheduling solution, you can display availability, book meetings without the back-and-forth, manage round-robin meeting bookings, and simplify the scheduling process. 🐦
HubSpot Meeting Scheduler best features
- Embed your calendar or appointment scheduler on your website
- Automatically sync any bookings and data to your HubSpot CRM
- Integrate with Google Calendar and Microsoft Office 365 Calendar
HubSpot Meeting Scheduler limitations
- Users report that the scheduler only differentiates between “free” and “busy” and doesn’t take into account other statuses like “out of office”
- Some users suggest that the option to hide the HubSpot logo on your booking page is limited to the more expensive pro plans
HubSpot Meeting Scheduler pricing
You can access the meeting scheduler as part of the following HubSpot Sales Hub plans:
- Starter: $18/month for two users, paid annually ($9/month per additional user)
- CRM Suite Starter: $240/year for two users, paid annually
- Professional: Starts at $450/month for five users, paid annually ($90/month per additional user)
- Enterprise: Starts at $1,500/month for 10 users, paid annually
HubSpot Meeting Scheduler ratings and reviews
HubSpot’s meeting scheduler is included within their Sales Hub. Here’s HubSpot Sales Hub’s current scores:
- G2: 4.4/5 (10,800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (400+ reviews)
TimeTap is an online meeting scheduling tool that you can use to manage bookings between staff members, with customers, and across multiple locations. The platform aims to cut down on administrative tasks like arranging meetings and includes helpful features like automatic appointment reminders. ⚒️
TimeTap best features
- Enjoy two-way calendar sync so you don’t need to manually update your TimeTap or work calendar
- Create an automated waitlist to help you fill last-minute cancellations
- Benefit from estimated travel times thanks to the Google Maps integration
- Some users expressed frustration that real-time notifications weren’t delivered as efficiently as they’d hoped
- Customization options are limited, especially when compared to other tools in this space
- Professional: Starts at $22.45/month
- Business: Starts at $40.45/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
TimeTap ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (90+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (200+ reviews)
Jotform is known for its simple yet effective form builder capabilities, but it can also be used as an alternative to Calendly with the appointment scheduling feature. Use the template to take online bookings, customize appointment slots, and send reminders to clients. 👀
Jotform best features
- Customize your appointment time slot durations and intervals
- Send automated reminder emails to customers
- Extend the capability of Jotform with the built-in Google Calendar integration
- Some users express a desire for Jotform to have a more robust built-in calendar system
- With so many templates and the option to customize your experience with Jotform Apps, some users might find the experience overwhelming
- Bronze: $34/month for one user, billed annually
- Silver: $39/month for one user, billed annually
- Gold: $99/month for one user, billed annually
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Jotform ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1,600+ reviews)
Picktime is an online appointment scheduling platform that also includes invoicing, sales reporting, customer management, and team management. Teams can use Picktime to take appointments, class bookings, and equipment requests with an online booking page. 🌻
Picktime best features
- Create a calendar, then customize the rules to make it match your availability
- Automatically notify clients of upcoming bookings to avoid no-shows
- Integrate with popular video conferencing providers like Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom
- There are limited notification options for when dates or times change, according to some users’ customers
- Some users wish there were more customization options for the booking system
- Starter: $3/month per user, billed annually
- Pro: Starts at $2.25/month per user, billed annually
Picktime ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (50+ reviews)
Simplify the Scheduling Process With These Calendly Alternatives
Calendly might be one of the most well-known online scheduling platforms, but there are plenty of alternatives out there with the same features or an even more engaging way to book and handle appointments.
Use this guide to help you find your perfect match, so you can simplify the appointment-setting process and create a better user experience for your customers.
If you’re looking for a tool that handles more than appointment scheduling software, try ClickUp for free. The all-in-one platform is filled with powerful tools that save you time and increase productivity—like task management, goal tracking, and project management. ✨