Running an online store is a complex business. From copywriting to managing ecommerce marketing campaigns to providing exceptional customer service, it’s a lot.
Luckily, artificial intelligence (AI) can ease the load for online retailers. AI tools use machine learning algorithms and natural language processing to take over routine tasks and streamline workflows, saving you time and money.
Indeed, AI machine-learning technology can increase conversion rates, boost sales, and cement your reputation in the marketplace by enhancing the customer experience.
Discover some of the best AI tools for ecommerce platforms that can take you to the next level so you can work smarter, not harder. 🙌
What Should You Look For in AI Tools for Ecommerce?
Some AI-powered tools are designed to help with specific tasks while others provide more wide-ranging support. These are just some of the machine-learning features and functionality to look for in the best AI tools for ecommerce businesses:
- AI writing tools that simplify content creation for every element of your marketing strategy 📝
- Website project management tools that automate task creation and tracking, and optimize workflows
- Product management tools to take you from strategizing new products through to production and designing your marketing workflows
- Algorithms that analyze customer behavior and customer preferences to provide personalized product recommendations
- AI-driven segmentation of customer data that supports targeted SMS and email campaigns
- Enhanced product discovery using visual search and built-in search engine functionality
- Features like virtual try-ons to help customers make good choices (and boost customer satisfaction for e-commerce businesses)
- AI-powered chatbots that provide fast customer support by answering frequently asked questions 🙋♀️
- Data analysis that recognizes patterns and gives you smart recommendations —for example, when to order certain products for better inventory management
- Reports that give you real-time feedback on progress, offer insights, and flag any potential issues, like repetitive negative feedback
The 10 Best AI Tools for ECommerce in 2023
Now that you’re up to speed on how AI tools can make your life easier and provide a high-quality user experience, it’s time to get down to business. Here’s what some of the best AI tools for ecommerce can do for you.
ClickUp is a one-stop-shop productivity platform designed to streamline every aspect of your business—including your ecommerce platform. Leverage automation, templates, and powerful project management tools that cover various use cases.
Speed up your ecommerce development process with some of the many templates available. For example, the ClickUp Ecommerce Project Plan Template walks you through setting goals for your online store and clarifying the project scope and timeline.
It helps you plan your milestones and detailed steps, allocate resources where needed, and manage your communication strategy to ensure your whole team is on board.
Want more? ClickUp AI is by far one of the best AI tools for ecommerce.
Use ClickUp’s AI writing assistant to create content for your landing pages, product descriptions, blog posts, and emails. Use the AI with a ClickUp Doc or ClickUp Whiteboard to brainstorm your website design or develop a content or sales strategy with your team.
Let it summarize your meeting notes and quickly turn text into action items. Track those tasks through to completion, enhancing your whole team’s productivity. ✅
When you’re ready to launch, ClickUp’s Sales features provide all the tools you need to manage your pipeline from marketing to closing the deal.
ClickUp best features
- Use the ClickUp for Ecommerce Podcast to learn how to use ClickUp for your ecommerce workflows
- Set up notifications to remind you of all your important tasks so you get them done on time
- Use the built-in AI-powered prompts to streamline tasks and fine-tune your results
- Keep all ecommerce project-related conversations in one place with ClickUp Chat View
- Design a custom dashboard to monitor project progress in real time, every step of the way
- Integrate with over 1,000 other tools, either natively or via Zapier
- ClickUp AI is only available on paid plans
- The mobile app isn’t yet quite up to speed with all the features of the desktop version
- Free Forever: Free
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (3,800+ reviews)
Used by many popular ecommerce brands, this AI tool helps customers quickly and easily find the products they need in your online store. And when product discovery is easy, customers buy more, increasing your sales. 💸
ViSenze analyzes what customers are actively viewing to provide recommendations personalized for them. Customers can also do a visual AI search for products using a screenshot, photo, or saved image. Smart product tagging with data like color, size, and brand helps them find exactly what they’re looking for.
ViSenze best features
- Cross-sell or upsell by suggesting similar or complementary products
- Import products into ViSenze from ecommerce websites for easy catalog management
- Easily scale and add more SKU data as your ecommerce store grows
- Integrate with popular ecommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce
- Product discovery isn’t always 100% accurate for ecommerce businesses
- There aren’t enough reviews to gauge how well ViSenze works
- Contact for pricing
ViSenze ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.0/5 (2 reviews)
- Capterra: No reviews yet
Blueshift is an ecommerce tool designed to simplify customer engagement. It uses AI to automate marketing across multiple channels to grow customer lifetime value.
Blueshift gathers and organizes customer data from different sources like your CRM, self-service interactions, and customer behavior on your website and app to create useful profiles. AI helps to segment that data, determine the best communication channels to use for the different segments, and send messages at the right time so they’re most effective. 📤
Blueshift best features
- User data from the machine-learning AI tool gathered from your target audience helps optimize your paid advertising budget
- Send push notifications to inspire customer conversations and purchases
- Offer personalized content and products to customers to enhance their shopping experience
- Integrate with other elements of your tech stack, like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Salesforce, Google Ads, Facebook, and the Shopify store
- The system is quite complex so the learning curve can be steep for new users (there’s documentation to help)
- Some users would like the ability to create more custom reports
- Contact for pricing
Blueshift ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (240+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (6 reviews)
This AI software for ecommerce helps you create personalized online shopping experiences for customers. It’s designed to increase sales, conversion rates, and customer lifetime value in multiple ways.
For example, the AI functionality predicts a customer’s next purchases, even down to specific brands, colors, and sizes. Then it triggers a dynamic message to them to recommend those products or offer a tailored discount coupon.
It can also send follow-up messages for certain scenarios—such as when a customer abandons their cart or you haven’t seen them on your online stores for a while. 🛒
Barilliance best features
- Segment your customer database so you can send highly relevant, targeted messages
- Seamlessly integrate with your email provider and many ecommerce platforms
- Easily gather email addresses from anonymous shoppers browsing your site
- Use live social proof to let customers know that others are buying the products they’re interested in
- If you want to make adjustments to the way the system works, you’ll need some technical coding skills
- Some ecommerce store owners and users feel the user interface could be better
- Contact for pricing (starting at $250/month)
Barilliance ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (1 review)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (18 reviews)
LivePerson is a chatbot system that focuses on human-like, conversational AI for online retailers. It automates customer engagement via multiple channels, including web chat, email, messaging, social media, and voice calls. 📞
This AI tool for ecommerce store owners and businesses uses what it’s learned from billions of real customer conversations to create authentic interactions that enable self-service and build trust. This frees up your service team to focus where they’re really needed.
LivePerson best features
- Use LivePerson to recommend products, send order updates, and manage deliveries
- Streamline returns and exchanges with no hands-on support necessary
- Centralize all customer interactions with both the chatbot and your live team on the Conversational Cloud platform
- Enhance customer experience using easy integrations with other platforms like your CRM, content management system (CMS), or Google Contact Center
- Some users feel the reporting features are a bit limited and could be improved
- Customer service doesn’t seem to be consistent—sometimes it’s good and sometimes it’s not
- Contact for pricing
LivePerson ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (150 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (39 reviews)
Clerk.io aims to grow your online business sales using personalization and enhanced relevance throughout your customer’s shopping journey. The AI algorithm analyzes customer behavior and transactions across multiple channels to generate personalized content, recommendations, and results from search engines that boost conversions.
And it does it without using cookies.
This AI tool for ecommerce also automates email marketing efforts, using triggers to send personalized product recommendations to the right people at the right time. 📨
Clerk.io best features
- Search functionality that understands natural language and takes into account synonyms, spelling errors, and product availability
- Get 360-degree insight into customer profiles and behavior from their very first interaction on your ecommerce site
- Segment your customer base using filters and keywords to create specific audiences, then send them offers they won’t be able to refuse
- Seamlessly integrate with your ecommerce, CRM, and marketing platforms
- The system is quite complex so it can take time to get completely comfortable with it
- The pricing options are modular and easy to understand, but some users feel the cost quickly mounts up
- Contact for pricing
Clerk.io ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (120+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (19 reviews)
Syte helps your customers find the products they need using visual search, on-site navigation, and search engine optimization (SEO). It also uses hyper-personalization to show them similar and complementary products.
Visual AI creates intuitive and engaging customer journeys for better conversions. It’s especially popular with online retailers of home decor, fashion, and jewelry as it showcases these types of products well and can highlight how they work together to create a finished look. 🛋️
Syte best features
- Automate product tagging to improve and standardize product data, optimize merchandising, and save time
- Describe products in detail with over 15,000 attributes to choose from
- Show customers what you have to offer with the Inspiration Gallery
- Consult Syte’s responsive and helpful customer service team if you need support
- The image search doesn’t always come up with matching results
- It’s primarily aimed at the home decor, jewelry, and fashion markets, so if your business doesn’t fit there, you might find Syte doesn’t have all the capabilities you’d like
- Contact for pricing
Syte ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: No reviews yet
This AI tool makes it easy to create highly effective marketing content, tailored for each stage of your customer journey. It uses data to predict what content will perform best, then helps you test at scale and optimize for better results. 🤩
Phrasee can generate personalized content for different use cases, like email subject lines and body copy, SMS messages, and paid advertising to raise brand awareness and boost customer engagement.
Phrasee best features
- Easily create high-converting content that sounds human and aligns with your brand voice 📣
- Split-test your marketing messages to find which versions work best
- Get detailed insights into real-time results from the copy you’ve put out there
- Integrate with a range of email service providers
- The pricing may be a little high for small business budgets
- You need to check the content Phrasee generates to catch any errors
- Contact for pricing
Phrasee ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.0/5 (1 review)
Simplified is another AI content creation tool that generates copy and graphics without the need for any design or coding expertise. With a vast range of design templates and access to millions of photos, you can create high-quality images for your ecommerce business. 🖼️
Use this AI tool for ecommerce to design anything you choose—business cards, social media posts, brochures, ads, and videos. Then resize your design to fit different channels, such as Facebook, YouTube, and X.
Simplified also has a Social Media Management tool, a Link in Bio tool, and AI Chatbot functionality.
Simplified best features
- Set up your brand kit—including your logo, colors, and fonts—then give your team, clients, or providers access to it
- Quickly edit your images with useful tools like the Background Remover and Magic Resizer
- Animate anything with just one click to add a whole new level of engagement
- Collaborate in real-time with team members to review, leave feedback, get approval, and finalize your design
- Because it’s cloud-based, you need a reliable internet connection
- The free packages have limitations and once you exceed them, your access is cut off
- Graphic Design Free: Free
- Graphic Design Pro: $9/month per user
- Graphic Design Business: $15/month for 5 users
- Video Editor Free: Free
- Video Editor Pro: $19/month per user
- Video Editor Business: $49/month for 5 users
- AI Writer Free: Free
- AI Writer Pro: From $12/month per user
Simplified ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (2,600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (180+ reviews)
This AI tool for ecommerce is a messaging platform you can use across channels, including your website, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and X.
The drag-and-drop features mean you don’t need any coding expertise to set it up. Chatfuel uses OpenAI’s advanced GPT-4 technology to create conversations for customer interactions using natural language. 🌻
Chatfuel can answer frequently asked questions, track customer preferences to make product recommendations, send promo codes, generate abandoned cart reminders, deal with complaints and feedback, optimize your ads, and more.
Chatfuel best features
- Keep things simple with a single WhatsApp number for multiple customer service agents
- Integrate with ChatGPT to take your customer engagement to the next level
- Sell your products from within WhatsApp so customers don’t need to switch platforms to complete a purchase
- Use Chatfuel’s API to integrate with your store, CRM, or customer data platform (CDP) for seamless data transfer and a smooth messaging process
- Your pricing plan controls how many messages you can send per month
- Implementation of the system takes time and focus
- Business: From $11.99/month
- Enterprise: From $300/month
Chatfuel ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (20+ reviews)
Drive Conversions and Boost Sales With AI Tools for Ecommerce
The best AI tools for ecommerce store owners and businesses use machine learning and natural language processing to automate many tasks that previously had to be done manually. You’ll not only save time but also enhance the customer experience—which can lead to greater customer satisfaction and higher sales. 💰
Whether you need help writing copy and creating graphics, personalizing content, helping shoppers discover products, or improving customer service, these AI tools for ecommerce can help you get the job done.
ClickUp supports many of these features and so much more. Sign up for free and start simplifying every aspect of your business so you can focus on driving sales and boosting your bottom line.