Do you face constant challenges in keeping track of inventory?
The struggle is real when it comes to managing stock levels manually. The result? Errors, misplaced items, and headaches in fulfilling orders on time.
As the number of your stocks and distribution channels increases, the stress of managing your inventory levels will worsen.
Most unsold stocks stem from avoidable issues with inventory turnover rates. A weak operational backbone can tarnish service delivery, leading to a broken customer experience and a negative brand perception that can hurt your business.
Thankfully, utilizing a cloud-based management system is the most efficient method for monitoring inventory, tracing it from acquisition to sales.
While numerous inventory management software options exist online, the critical question remains: how many of them have truly made a significant impact on supply chains?
Whether you’re a retailer, manager, or business owner, after thorough research, we’ve carefully selected the top inventory management systems to streamline inventory and business operations.
What Should You Look For in Inventory Management Tools
A good inventory management tool must prioritize accuracy. The following attributes are essential indicators of a reliable inventory management system or software you should consider:
- Ease of use: Consider platforms with a user-friendly interface and minimal learning curve
- Live syncing: Stock figures should be live and active across all warehouses and sales channels, with real-time regulations
- Barcode scanning: The system should support barcode scanning for easier product identification and tracking
- Stock notifications: Supports notification and alerts settings to indicate when a product is off for sale and needs to be restocked
- Scalability: Businesses grow over time. Look out for a tool that can grow with your business, accommodating increased data and inventory tracking complexities
- Mobile Accessibility: Mobility in inventory management increases adaptability; therefore, search for inventory systems that are compatible with a wide range of devices
- Automation: Pick platforms that automate repetitive tasks and decrease reliance on human inputs due to the possibility of human error
- Integration Capabilities: Choose tools that integrate with other business tools to ensure a streamlined workflow
The 10 Best Inventory Management Software to Use in 2023
ClickUp Inventory is an inventory operations management software that simplifies managing large or complex inventories. Analyze vital inventory trends for data-driven decisions about restocking needs.
You may be looking to track stock movement and availability; ClickUp offers ready-made templates with proven peak efficiency by users.
The ClickUp Dashboards give you a 360° view of your product information. The dashboard provides a customizable interface with tailored statuses, tables, and reporting tools. You can easily add Dashboard Widgets to access helpful data, like tracked time and sprint velocity charts, and enjoy inventory efficiency!
ClickUp best features
- Custom dashboards: Manage inventory by analyzing available products and the ones out of stock with custom-built dashboards
- ClickUp’s Table View: Create a structured layout using rows and columns to manage budgets, inventories, and client information
- Reporting: Generate inventory reports to identify product or service efficiency, product constraints, and several more
- Calendars and timelines: View order delivery scheduling and tasks in real-time with collaborative timelines and resource calendars
- Product planning: Quickly identify and track product sales with practical work and capacity planning resources, including ready-made templates
- Customizable automation: Proven as the best inventory management software by allowing you to automate delivery and sales assignments
- ClickUp might not work fast on some mobile phones (yet)
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7 per month per user
- Business: $12 per month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace
ClickUp reviews and ratings
- G2: 4.7/5 (9,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (3,000+ reviews)
2. Zoho Inventory
Zoho is an all-in-one software suite that offers a variety of applications, including Zoho CRM, a helpdesk platform, and the Zoho Inventory system.
Zoho Inventory offers inventory tracking, order management, and warehouse management, best suited only for small and midsize businesses.
Zoho offers a ton of integrations with e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Amazon, Etsy, eBay marketplace, and Zoho Commerce. Despite the limited integrations, Zoho provides a competitive price compared to other inventory management tools.
Zoho best features
- Best suited for small businesses, drop shippers, and small e-commerce companies
- Easily integrates with other applications in the Zoho inventory software suite
- Free and low-cost plans starting from $29
- Access shipping rates in real-time from major shipping carriers across the globe
- Fewer e-commerce platforms and marketplace integrations
- Pricing depends on monthly orders as an increase in the firm’s capacity requires a plan upgrade
- Free plan: (50 Orders and 1 user only)
- Standard: $29 monthly (per organization with 500 monthly orders and 2 users)
- Professional: $79 (per organization with 3000 monthly orders and 2 users)
- Premium: $129 (per organization with 7500 monthly orders and 2 users)
- Enterprise: $249 (per organization with 15000 monthly orders and 7 users)
Zoho ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (350+ reviews)
Cin7 is a cloud inventory solution available for free to Shopify e-commerce stores and has several features and platform connectors.
The web-based operation management platform uses the Kanban technique for stock replenishment and reordering and offers accounting features such as the first in, first out (FIFO) method.
Cin7 further distinguishes itself with its affordable pricing for enterprises of all kinds and an infinite stock-keeping units (SKUs) capacity.
Cin7 best features
- Migrate stock between warehouses easily
- Create purchase orders quickly using its automated purchase order feature
- Enables POS systems and barcode scanning on all plans
- The base plan does not include Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) connections and 3PL configurations
- No free plan nor a free trial option
- Cin7 Core
- Standard: $349 monthly
- Pro: $599 monthly
- Advanced: $999 monthly
- Cin7 Omn: Custom pricing
Cin7 ratings and reviews
- Cin7 Core
- G2: 4.1/5 (75+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3 /5 (400+ reviews)
- Cin7 Omni
- G2: 3.7/5 (75+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (550+ reviews)
4. ShipBob WMS
ShipBob Warehouse Management System (WMS) is an all-in-one inventory management solution that works well with third-party logistics (3PL) and hybrid fulfillment.
Supply chain, inventory, and shipping tools provided by the warehouse management software make it simple and seamless for shipping carriers to handle and dispatch orders from various locations.
ShipBob WMS best features
- Ideal for bigger B2B and omnichannel wholesale companies that need end-to-end supply chain management
- Automatic order pick-and-pack-systems
ShipBob WMS limitations
- Pricing plans are inconsistent and not transparent
- The tool has a steep learning curve
ShipBob WMS pricing
ShipBob’s pricing plans depend on your inventory features and total fulfillment needs. You’ll need to engage directly with the sales team to obtain a customized price, providing specific details about your business and inventory requirements.
ShipBob WMS ratings and reviews
- G2: 3.6/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.7/5 (90+ reviews)
5. Katana MRP
Katana MRP is an intelligent manufacturing and inventory management software offering many features, including inventory tracking, order management, and production management.
Its different pricing tiers and plans are competitive, as each provides a ton of warehouse and workflow management capabilities at a reasonable cost.
Consequently, the Katana warehouse management system is ideal for manufacturing companies as it offers exclusive features like barcode-enabled parts monitoring, powerful inventory control, assembly tracking, storage, and shop floor inventory management systems.
Katana MRP best features
- Ideal for manufacturing companies and multichannel resellers
- Live warehouse management system with a 14-day free trial option
- Connect seamlessly with other e-commerce platforms, marketplaces, and shipping systems
Katana MRP limitations
- Additional users incur extra costs, and the pricing plans may be considered expensive for small businesses
- According to customer reviews, Katana lacks live phone support, resulting in a challenging customer service experience
Katana MRP pricing
- Essential: $129 per month (includes 500 shipped sales order lines)
- Advanced: $349 per month (includes 5000 shipped sales order lines)
- Professional: The discounted price of $799 per month (has 25,000 shipped sales order lines)
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Katana MRP ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (35+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (150+ reviews)
6. Fishbowl Inventory
Fishbowl Inventory is an end-to-end cloud-based inventory software that integrates seamlessly with Quickbooks and Xero systems.
Unlike other inventory management software vendors, Fishbowl allows users to control all supplier purchasing track inventory, purchase orders, warehousing, and inventory monitoring data in one place, making it accessible to all users.
Fishbowl Inventory best features
- Offers a 14-day free inventory management software trial with comprehensive module options, which allows for an optimized warehouse system
- Easy integration with accounting software like QuickBooks and Xero
- Ideal software for large-scale shipping businesses and manufacturers
Fishbowl Inventory limitations
- Too pricey for companies with multiple users
- Feature add-ons require additional cost
Fishbowl Inventory pricing
- Fishbowl Drive: $329/mo (with a $3950 option on a year-on-year basis)
- Fishbowl Advanced: $429/mo (with a $5150 option on a year-on-year basis)
Fishbowl Inventory ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.0/5 (190+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (800+ reviews)
inFlow is an advanced inventory management software suitable for B2B and wholesale businesses that require solutions that meet the demands of both manufacturers and retailers.
Its virtual showroom feature allows a business to determine the data shown to various clients, such as pricing and shipping times.
Additionally, inFlow supports essential B2B features like quotes and invoicing, automated purchase orders, order management and routing, and manufacturers’ production workflows.
inFlow best features
- Automated purchase orders and sales order routing
- Password-protected virtual showroom gateway component for B2B sales
- Plan upgrades depend on the company’s growth; for example, a rise in monthly sales may necessitate the transition to a new price plan
- Higher plan tiers contain more remarkable features like virtual showrooms
- Entrepreneur: $110 per month (with unlimited inventory locations and a 2-team member option)
- Small Business: $279 per month (with unlimited inventory locations and a 5 team member option)
- Midsize: $549 per month (with unlimited inventory locations and a 10-team-member chance)
- Enterprise: $1319 per month (with unlimited inventory locations and a 25-team member option)
inFlow ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (450+ reviews)
Formerly known as Skubana, Extensiv is a multipurpose cloud-based inventory management architecture that assists high-volume merchants on e-commerce platforms like Amazon with inventory tracking and storage challenges.
Extensiv offers comprehensive capabilities for managing inventory, orders, warehousing, reporting, asset tracking, and supplier activity.
You can also benefit from the platform synchronization feature that allows businesses to distribute orders across multiple warehouses and fulfillment centers in multiple locations worldwide.
Extensiv best features
- Efficiently distribute orders across an unlimited number of warehouses and fulfillment centers
- Connects seamlessly with every e-commerce platform
- Perfect fit for drop shippers and Fulfillment by Amazon users
- Get a month of free inventory management software plan on each pricing plan. Take the platform for a spin before you invest
- Comprises several products, including Extensiv 3PL Warehouse Manager, Extensiv Order Manager, Extensiv Integration Manager, etc., which makes it challenging for businesses to utilize the capabilities of each tool from a central location
- The pricing plan is vague since businesses can’t determine what product each pricing plan covers
- Merchant: $39 monthly (with a month free extra across all plans)
- EDI Merchant: $99 monthly
- 3PL: $99 monthly
- Master Account: $199 monthly
Extensiv ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (100+ reviews)
Ordoro is a comprehensive inventory management software that optimizes and enhances warehouse operations for growing merchant businesses.
Whether your business ships 100+ inventory items or 500,000 orders monthly, Ordoro provides an all-in-one export data structure accounting system you need to manage your entire inventory processes.
Ordoro is quite popular among e-commerce businesses as it drives efficiency in every operation involved in a multichannel sales process.
Ordoro best features
- The contemporary purchasing automation feature
- Integrates with popular e-commerce stores and marketplaces easily
- Businesses with multiple warehouses can manage it from one central location
- Unlike most inventory software, Ordoro has no mobile version
- Pricing is expensive for small businesses
- Essentials: Free (with unlimited shipping labels)
- Advanced: $59/mo (with endless shipping labels and users)
- Premium: $129/mo (contains API access)
Ordoro ratings and reviews
- G2: Not enough ratings
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (70+ reviews)
Sortly is a user-friendly inventory management tool designed for simplicity and ease of use.
This inventory control software prioritizes mobile accessibility, providing convenient access to inventory information across multiple mobile devices.
Sortly best features
- Cloud-based accessibility to inventory from multiple devices
- Customizable categories for easy organization of business processes and offline access
- Get real-time updates on low-stock inventory and order alerts
- Best suited for small retail businesses and asset tracking
- Users review reports that system updates often cause glitches in the system, which causes items to go missing
- Steep learning curve
- Advanced: $29 monthly
- Ultra: $59 monthly
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Sortly ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (250+ reviews)
The Best Inventory Management Software For Your Business
As businesses grow, manual inventory tracking gets tougher. It leads to errors, misplaced items, and delays in fulfilling orders—all of which can harm your business. Switching to cloud-based management systems can be a game-changer for your business. They make inventory monitoring more manageable, helping you make your business more efficient and nimble.
If you’re an inventory manager or a business owner, ClickUp relieves your stock management workload. Explore our Inventory Management Template and customize it to your needs.
Sign up for free today and access ready-made tools to help you manage your inventory.