Challenges such as labor shortages, supply chain disruptions, technological changes, sustainability, and globalization have made managing business operations a tougher job than ever.
Companies of all sizes will need to adapt and respond quickly in order to stay competitive. A vital component of a successful business is having the right strategies, processes, and tools in place to support these challenges.
To help you choose the best operations management software for your business, we review the best ones on the market below.
What Should You Look for in Operations Management Software?
In the world of business, operations management software is a game-changer for streamlining your processes and operational costs.
But with countless options available, how do you find the right fit? And what’s a reasonable operations management software cost?
Here’s a checklist for the operations manager and business owners to consider when searching for operations management software:
- All-in-one platform: With operations management software, you’re juggling a lot of moving parts. Avoid the hassle and time of switching apps and repeating workflows by looking for an all-in-one solution that lets you integrate the apps that matter most
- Comprehensive task management: Customizable workflows, dependencies, and real-time updates to keep everyone on track
- Efficient resource allocation: Look for tools that help maximize productivity through effective resource planning
- Data visualization and reporting: Clear charts and graphs enable data-driven decision-making
- Collaboration and communication: Centralized channels and document sharing foster teamwork and boost productivity
- Scalability and flexibility: Choose software that adapts to your changing needs as your business grows
- Integration compatibility: Seek seamless integration with your existing apps for smoother functioning of your operations management solutions
- Employee management, engagement, and training: Look for tools that assist in employee management, engagement, and training to cultivate a productive and motivated workforce
By considering these key features, you’ll find the ideal operations management software to optimize your business and propel it to success!
The 10 Best Operations Management Software to Use in 2023
In the list below, we take a look at the best operations management software tools of 2023. We’ll consider factors such as features, pricing, and scalability when making our recommendations.
We’ll also give you a brief overview of each software tool so that you can easily compare and contrast the different options.
ClickUp is an all-in-one productivity platform that provides comprehensive operations management software solutions for businesses of all sizes.
Organize, grow, and scale your business efficiently with all the tools you need, including office management software, workflow management and automation, strategic planning templates, and team management capabilities.
Get a handle on your business management with task tracking, employee engagement and management, inventory management, human resources management, SOP templates, document management, product management, and so much more.
With more than 15 customizable views, ClickUp delivers a solid operational management system for every aspect of your business.
ClickUp best features
- Powerful all-in-one solution with 1,000+ integrations
- Capable of handling all aspects of operations management, from inventory to HR to project management KPIs
- Customizable task management tools for different business functions
- Has a steep learning curve due to all the features available
- Frequent reminders can become irritating to some users
- Limited functionality on mobile devices
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,334+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,739+ reviews)
Connecteam is an all-in-one employee management solution that helps businesses coordinate employee-related tasks for deskless teams.
Its operations management software offers a wide range of features such as employee communication, time clock, scheduling, checklist and forms, employee task management, and HR & people management.
Connecteam is a cloud-based software that’s affordable and easy to use! It might be a great choice for companies wanting to improve their overall operational efficiency.
Connecteam best features
- Highly intuitive user interface that’s easy to use
- Excellent real-time mobile chat communications
- Helpful auto-generated reports, such as end-of-shift report
- Upgrades needed for full functions and features
- Many reviewers feel the pricing plans could be more transparent and logical
- Small Business: Free
- Basic: $29/month
- Advanced: $49/month
- Expert: $99/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Connecteam ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (39+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (294+ reviews)
If you’re looking for a financial-first operations management software system, NetSuite enterprise resource planning (ERP) software may be a good choice for you. The cloud-based platform helps businesses manage their finances, operations, and customer relationships.
It offers a wide range of features, including accounting, CRM, inventory management, e-commerce, and more. NetSuite is a scalable and flexible software that can be used by businesses of all sizes.
NetSuite may be a good choice for businesses that are looking for a cloud-based, operations management system or software inside an all-in-one ERP software that helps them manage finances, operations, and customer relationships. NetSuite may be a good option if you’re looking for operations management tools and supply chain management with the same provider.
Netsuite best features
- Real-time data and visibility into your business to help you make informed decisions
- Can be scaled to accommodate growth
- Able to manage financial planning, reporting, and consolidation
- Some reviewers report problems with sluggish performance
- Requires formal training sessions due to the complexity of the software
- Customization may require advanced training or skills
- Contact for pricing
Netsuite ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.0/5 (2,618+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (1,346+ reviews)
SafetyCulture, formerly iAuditor, is an operations software for inspection and reporting.
Its wide range of features includes inspection management, hazard identification, incident management, training management, communication tools, and robust reporting capabilities.
As a cloud-based solution, SafetyCulture ensures accessibility from anywhere, and it’s primed for scalability as your business grows. It focuses on increased safety, improved quality control, enhanced compliance, better communication, and data-driven decision-making.
SafetyCulture best features
- Works on multiple devices
- Produces on-the-spot inspection reports
- Easy and straightforward to use
- Mostly limited to health and safety operations
- Reviewers report occasional bugs and technical difficulties
- Some reviewers wish for If/And options instead of only If/Then
- Premium: $24/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
SafetyCulture ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (47+ reviews)
- Capterra (iAuditor):4.6/5 (193+ reviews)
Work management software Scoro is an all-in-one operations management software solution.
Its business management software brings together all the tools you need to streamline your operations. Whether you need to manage multiple projects or track everything from sales to finance, Scoro’s got you covered.
With its user-friendly interface and powerful features, Scoro empowers teams to collaborate efficiently and make data-driven decisions.
Stay on top of your projects, boost productivity, and achieve better business outcomes with Scoro’s all-in-one solution.
Scoro best features
- Scoro’s onboarding experts help you get set up, optimized, and trained
- User interface is fresh, clean, and friendly
- Also great for budgeting and future planning
- Can get expensive for companies with a lot of users
- Requires training due to the learning curve
- Limited features on mobile app
- Essential: $26/month per user
- Standard: $37/month per user
- Pro: $63/month per user
- Ultimate: Contact for pricing
Scoro ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (386+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (223+ reviews)
Odoo is an open-source development model that specializes in operations management by providing a full suite of business management applications.
It covers various functional areas, including sales, CRM, inventory, manufacturing, accounting, human resources, project management, and more.
Odoo’s modular and customizable approach allows businesses to choose and integrate the specific modules they need, making it a versatile solution suitable for companies of all sizes and industries.
By offering an all-in-one platform, Odoo streamlines business processes, enhances efficiency, and enables data-driven decision-making, ultimately helping businesses achieve growth and success.
Odoo best features
- Multi-language and multi-currency support make it suitable for businesses operating in diverse regions and markets
- Modular design allows users to select and integrate specific applications tailored to their business needs
- Caters to a wide range of businesses, including startups, SMBs, and enterprise
- Modular design can make customizations difficult
- Users report that repetitive tasks can be time-consuming
- Steep learning curve
- Standard: $25/month per user
- Custom: $37/month per user
Odoo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (98+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (703+ reviews)
Pipefy is a no-code workflow automation software that can help businesses to streamline processes in their operations and improve efficiency. It’s a cloud-based software that can be used by businesses of all sizes.
Pipefy can be used to automate a wide range of operations management tasks, including procurement, IT customer service, HR, and sales.
Its drag-and-drop interface, pre-built templates, integrations, and security features make Pipefy a good choice for small businesses looking to manage operations.
Pipefy best features
- Real-time team collaboration features
- Time-consuming signup process
- Very user-friendly, especially for inventory tracking
- No centralized global workflow means a little extra work on approvals
- Reviewers say that not all fields are searchable
- Some users feel tools are too difficult to configure
- Starter: Free
- Business: $25/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- Unlimited: Contact for pricing
Pipefy ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (212+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (304+ reviews)
8. Zoho Creator
If you’re in the market for a low-code app development platform to help you create customized software, Zoho Creator might be a great option!
Zoho Creator can be used to create custom operations management software tools.
It offers a wide range of features to help businesses digitize and manage operations and workflows, also integrating with existing software and data.
From form builders to workflow automations, reporting, and collaboration, Zoho’s operations management tools provide the features most businesses need for increased efficiency, improved customer service, and better decision-making.
Zoho Creator best features
- Learn to build custom applications in under an hour with the tutorial library
- Solid automations and easy workflows
- Excellent integration with other Zoho tools
Zoho Creator limitations
- Many reviewers complain about slow customer service
- Limited help resources for getting started
- Administration takes time to learn
Zoho Creator pricing
- Standard: $8/month per user
- Professional: $20/month per user
- Enterprise: $25/month per user
- Customized: Contact for pricing
Zoho Creator ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (155+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (149+ reviews)
Check out these Zoho alternatives!
9. Hubspot Operations Hub
If you’re a HubSpot user, you might want to check out HubSpot Operations Hub for operations management software. It’s a suite of tools connected to HubSpot’s CRM platform that teams can use to connect apps, sync and clean customer data, and automate processes.
The operations software is designed to help businesses of all sizes improve their data management, automate workflows, and scale their operations. It’s part of HubSpot’s customer relationship management software, so you’ll need to use the CRM in conjunction with it.
If you’re looking for a way to improve data management, automate your workflows, and scale your operations, then HubSpot Operations Hub may be a good option to consider.
Hubspot Operations Hub best features
- 24/7 Customer support through chat, calling, or emailing
- Integrates with 1,400+ third-party apps
- Webhooks and programmable automation and bots
Hubspot Operations Hub limitations
- You must also use Hubspot’s customer relationship management platform
- Offers a free plan, but the full-featured platform is costly
- Considerable time investment required for setup
Hubspot Operations Hub pricing
- Starter: $45/month
- Professional: $720/month
- Enterprise: $2,000/month
Hubspot Operations Hub ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (365+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (263+ reviews)
With a user-friendly interface and intuitive collaboration tools, ProofHub project management and collaboration software offers a user-friendly operation management software platform.
Its Gantt charts and Kanban boards help with project planning and execution, and custom workflows and automation simplify repetitive tasks. Plus, its file-sharing and proofing tools promote collaboration.
ProofHub’s centralized platform ensures real-time updates, fostering transparent communication and smooth operations.
With robust reporting and analytics, businesses gain valuable insights into performance metrics, making ProofHub a good solution for effective operation management and project success.
ProofHub best features
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Excellent task management organization
- All-in-one solution for teams of all sizes
- Users say it lacks advanced note-taking features, project management, and team collaboration when compared to more comprehensive platforms
- Limited invoicing capabilities unless you use integrations
- Reviewers say the mobile app has limited performance
- Essential: $45/month
- Ultimate Control: $150/month per user
ProofHub ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (82+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (82+ reviews)
Choosing the Best Operations Management Software Tools
When choosing operations management systems for your team, look for a scalable all-in-one platform with comprehensive task management, efficient resource management, data visualization and reporting, and strong collaboration tools.
Whether you’re a startup still learning how to delegate or a large enterprise running multiple teams, the right operations management software can help boost productivity and growth.
If you’re looking for scalable, all-in-one operations management software systems, consider ClickUp! Its full-featured project management software and task management tools, efficient resource allocation, data visualization and reporting, and strong collaboration tools, make ClickUp a great choice.
Give ClickUp a try today!