Hey, IT champs! You’ve been our saviors. We’ve come to you when the office internet is acting up, server configurations go askew, and applications keep crashing for no reason. You seem to have a fix for every problem.
But it must be tough dealing with so many issues every day, right?
While we can’t take the entire load off your plate, we can share some recommendations for software solutions to help you out. Here’s a lowdown on the 10 best IT Operations Management Software in 2024. But first…
What Should You Look for in IT Operations Management Software?
Here’s a handy checklist to help you choose the best IT operations management software:
- Functionality: Choose an IT operations management tool with the features and capabilities to match your IT operations needs and goals. For example, if you need to monitor your network performance, look for IT operations management tools that can provide real-time visibility, alerts, and reports
- Ease of use: IT operations tools should be easy to install, configure, and use. Choose one with a user-friendly interface, intuitive navigation, clear documentation, and integrates well with your existing systems
- Scalability: The best operations management solutions should handle the growth and complexity of your IT environment, scaling up or down as your IT operations demand and resources change. It should also be able to support new technologies such as cloud, IoT, AI, and 5G
- Security: Most importantly, your IT infrastructure must be protected from cyberattacks and threats. Look for robust security features like encryption, authentication, authorization, and auditing. Also, check to see if it complies with security standards and regulations, such as GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI DSS
Considering these key features, you’ll find the ideal IT operations management software to troubleshoot issues quickly and maintain a healthy IT infrastructure.
The 10 Best IT Operations Management Software to Use in 2024
Complete with 35+ ClickApps and hundreds of IT operations management templates that can be customized for your projects, ClickUp offers one of the best unified IT operations management platforms.
Create ClickUp Tasks and assign categories to track incidents like server outages, software bugs, and hardware failures. Communicate with your IT team and stakeholders through chat, comments, and file-sharing.
What’s more? Document your IT processes like onboarding, change approval, release testing, and more in ClickUp Docs so everyone has context. You can even link Docs and tasks together to execute workflows and streamline incident management with your team. Add widgets to update workflows, change project status, and more—all within your editor.
ClickUp best features
- ClickUp templates and SOPs to report, track, and prioritize bugs, errors, and other issues
- Integrations, workflows, and triggers to automate and simplify your bug-reporting processes
- Choose from over 15 ClickUp Views, such as lists, boards, calendars, timelines, and more, to get complete visibility into your IT infrastructure components, including networks, devices, servers, and applications.
- Create and share organized docs, wikis, and knowledge bases with ClickUp Docs
- Requires time and effort to set up and customize
- Relatively steep learning curve
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI: $5 per Workspace (available on all paid plans)
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3900+ reviews)
Connecteam is an all-in-one operations management solution. This means that its features aren’t limited to IT ops but also extend to task and team management. For instance, it lets you create tasks and checklists, assign due dates, and create performance reports.
It also eliminates IT dependency for companies by providing direct access to company knowledge, resources, and contacts in one place without the risk of data leaks or security breaches.
It is easy to use and highly customizable for businesses of all sizes. Connecteam is a good choice for managers of dispersed and cross-functional teams to streamline collaboration and maintain productivity.
Connecteam best features
- Easily communicate with your IT team members via live chat, company updates, surveys, and more
- Organize your daily IT operations, such as creating and assigning tasks, filling out forms and checklists, and reporting issues and incidents, in one place
- Track the progress and status of each task and form and get real-time reports from the field
- Create and send schedules, track work hours with GPS location and geofence, and export timesheets for payroll
- Onboard, train, and develop your IT team’s skills and knowledge with employee growth features, including mobile courses
- Limited features in the free plan
- Pricing can be expensive for smaller teams (less than 30 users)
- No native integration with popular IT service management tools, such as Jira, Zendesk, or ServiceNow
- Small Business: Free (up to 10 users)
- Basic: $29/month
- Advanced: $49/month
- Expert: $99/month
- All paid plans offer a discount for 30+ users
Connecteam ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (310+ reviews)
ServiceNow software is like a big toolbox ⚒️ that helps streamline a host of functions for enterprises, including IT operations management, IT service management, customer service management, HR service delivery, security operations, and more.
ServiceNow’s IT Operations Management solution leverages AI to identify and solve issues with cross-team automation workflows before they occur.
From creating custom forms and managing shift workers to automating incident assignments and generating analytical reports, this software provides hypercare solutions for your IT operations management needs.
Plus, you can mould the tools and workflows within the software to suit your needs. ServiceNow boasts Microsoft, Adobe, and NASA among its users!
ServiceNow best features
- Gain full visibility into your IT infrastructure, including on-premise, virtualized, cloud, and serverless environments
- Monitor the health and performance of your IT services and applications, identify and resolve issues, and optimize service availability and reliability
- Leverage AI and machine learning to analyze data, reduce noise, and predict issues
- Use scenario planning and what-if analysis to compare different options and make data-driven decisions
- Integrate with your existing IT stack, including monitoring tools, cloud platforms, serverless infrastructure, and asset management software
- Lack of compatibility with select legacy or custom systems. Needs the right tools and visibility to handle the complexity and dynamism of select cloud and DevOps environments
- Custom pricing
ServiceNow ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (1700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (210+ reviews)
SolarWinds is an IT stack management software solution that helps you fast-track troubleshooting and resolution.
Its powerful dashboards allow you to overlay performance metrics from multiple sources—network, virtualization, and storage—to enable real-time visibility into the status and performance of your IT environment.
From monitoring performance of infrastructure across servers to auditing security, it’s a trusted software among many of the Fortune 500 companies.
SolarWinds best features
- Monitor and manage applications and infrastructure across multi-cloud and multi-premises architectures
- Simplify your IT operations management through a unified platform with end-to-end status visibility and alerts
- Optimize the performance of your databases, web applications, servers, containers, storage, and network infrastructure with predictive intelligence and actionable recommendations
- Secure networks against internal and external threats by correlating logs and events, patching software, and tracking server changes
- Limited integrations for select third-party tools
- Some users have reported scalability issues, such as slow response time, high resource consumption, or limited capacity
- Contact for pricing
SolarWinds ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (560+ reviews)
Looking for an IT operations management tool to streamline your SaaS usage? Look no further than Zluri.
Zluri helps IT teams discover, optimize, secure, and govern all the SaaS apps in an organization from a single dashboard.
The benefits? Reduced SaaS sprawl, no Shadow IT and zombie spending, and secure access management.
Zluri also offers identity management solutions for enterprises. With automation for repetitive tasks such as procurement, onboarding, offboarding, and access reviews, Zluri saves IT teams from grunt work.
Another handy feature is the ability to create editable workflow “playbooks” for standardizing repetitive actions.
Zluri best features
- Discover and track all SaaS applications used across the organization
- Analyze and optimize contracts of various SaaS applications, identifying potential savings and opportunities for consolidation
- Automate the provisioning and de-provisioning of SaaS access for users and enforce policies and compliance standards
- Integrate with various SaaS applications, such as Asana, Webex, and Todoist, and provide a unified dashboard and robust reporting system
- Time-consuming and challenging implementation across complex SaaS estates
- Lacks integrations with popular tools, such as JIRA and GIT, among others
- Complex onboarding and occasionally overwhelming interface
- Contact for pricing
Zluri ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (20+ reviews)
Splunk is an IT operations management tool that uses AIOps for incident prediction, detection, and resolution. It helps you make sense of real-time IT infrastructure data, such as logs, events, metrics, and alerts. Its best features include service-oriented dashboards, predictive analytics, and intelligent incident management.
It’s also scalable able to handle any type and volume of data from various sources, such as websites, applications, sensors, and devices.
Splunk best features
- Apps, add-ons, and prepackaged content to fulfill specific IT operations use cases, such as predictive management or event analytics
- KPI-driven triage view to prioritize mission-critical issue resolution
- Machine learning toolkit and frameworks to build and deploy custom models or use Splunk’s pre-built models
- Can be expensive for large data volumes
- Can be tricky to optimize for speed. Since Splunk uses a proprietary search language called SPL (Search Processing Language) to query and manipulate data, you need proficiency in writing SPL queries
- Contact for pricing
Splunk ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (460+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (200+ reviews)
Odoo is a suite of business management software that offers open-source business apps across a range of operations, such as accounting, sales, services, finances, marketing, and more. You can customize Odoo to suit your specific needs, access source code, and modify it to integrate it with your existing tools and systems.
However, Odoo’s accounting applications suite caters only to the financial aspects of basic IT asset management. If you’re looking for a full-fledged IT operations management app, you’ll need to download supplementary modules or apps from within Odoo’s app ecosystem.
Odoo best features
- Track and manage your IT assets, such as computers, servers, printers, etc.
- Assign assets to employees, locations, or departments and monitor their status, warranty, and depreciation
- Schedule and perform preventive and corrective maintenance on your IT equipment
- Handle IT service requests from your employees or customers. Create tickets, assign agents, and track the resolution time and satisfaction level of each request
- Manage IT projects with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Elaborate installation and steep learning curve. You may need to hire a developer or a consultant to help you set up and customize Odoo
- Though customizable, Odoo doesn’t offer users the ability to modify existing views and models, and suffers from a lack of support for inheritance and polymorphism
- Contact for pricing
Odoo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (870++ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (750+ reviews)
8. ManageEngine OpManager
ManageEngine OpManager is a network and server monitoring software that takes an AIOps driven approach to help you with network management, storage management, data center management, and fault and performance management.
OpManager can tell you how fast your network is, how much data is being sent and received, how much space is left on your servers, and if there are any problems or errors.
It has an efficient warning system and security with a rogue device detection mechanism and forensic log analysis to flag any compromises.
OpManager best features
- Get real-time visibility into your network status and performance with 2000+ metrics and intuitive dashboards, graphs, and reports. Detect and troubleshoot network issues with alerts, alarms, and root cause analysis before they affect your business
- Optimize your network resources and plan for capacity with network traffic analysis, device configuration management, and performance monitoring
- DIY installation with handy setup tools and instructions
- Integrate with other ManageEngine products and third-party tools
- Can be costly and time-consuming in cloud-based or hybrid IT environments
- Limited API integration with some networking equipment
- No native firewall security management features
- Custom pricing
OpManager ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (80+ reviews)
SafetyCulture (formerly iAuditor) is a workplace operations platform focusing on four core offerings: health and safety management, risk management and compliance, operational excellence, and environment and sustainability solutions. It allows you to create and complete digital checklists, inspections, audits, and other processes to improve the quality of work outcomes, drive employee engagement, and promote a safety culture in your organization.
This cloud-based software is optimized for safety, accessibility, scalability, and compliance. You can also use sensors, integrations, and artificial intelligence to enhance your operations.
SafetyCulture best features
- Find areas of improvement for your safety, quality, compliance, and productivity to optimize your IT processes and reduce costs
- Assign tasks, report issues, manage assets, train your team, and communicate with them using the platform
- Monitor your IT assets, equipment, and systems using sensors and telematics for quick issue detection and resolution
- Mostly limited to health and safety operations and may not cover all aspects of IT operations management
- Occasional bugs
- Premium: $19 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
SafetyCulture ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (190+ reviews)
Scoro work management software is touted as an all-in-one solution to manage your entire project lifecycle.
It lets you plan and track your projects, tasks, time, budget, invoices and reports all in one place. You can also track billable and non-billable time in detail and monitor your team’s utilization and capacity.
You can do everything from Sales and CRM to Invoicing and Cost Management with Scoro’s end-to-end work management system.
Scoro fosters collaboration with your team and clients to organize, improve efficiency, and increase profitability.
Scoro best features
- Shared team calendar and Gantt charts
- Automate invoicing and payment reminders
- Real-time reports and dashboards to help forecast resources
- Integrate with other tools and apps, such as Jira, QuickBooks, Xero, Google Drive, and more
- Too complex and feature-rich for smaller projects
- Lack of integrations with popular platforms such as Slack, Asana and Trello
- Can get expensive for larger teams
- Essential: $26 per user per month
- Standard: $37 per user per month
- Pro: $63 per user per month
- Ultimate: Contact for pricing
- All plans require a minimum of 5 users
Scoro ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (390+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (230+ reviews)
Simplify IT Operations Management with ClickUp
Smooth IT operations management requires efficient planning, ongoing monitoring and oversight, and dedicated team effort. To make it easier, prioritize flexible, scalable software with strong collaboration features—software like ClickUp.
ClickUp is not your run-of-the-mill project management tool. It is a powerful ally to enhance your IT operations management with features like Dependencies, Tags, Multiple Assignees, and Priorities to ensure smooth execution and accountability for each IT snafu.
With over 1,000 integrations, it will fit in with your existing IT stack and can be customized to how your company manages IT ops.
By centralizing asset tracking, change management, monitoring alerts, documentation, and more in a flexible platform like ClickUp, IT leaders can optimize workflows, increase on-time project delivery by up to 35%, facilitate collaboration across teams, and drive more reliable operations.