Looking for the best Wunderlist alternatives?
Let’s say that you loved using a tool because it’s super helpful and made your life easier. But out of the blue, the software you used and deeply loved said goodbye. Forever.
That’s gotta hurt, right?
For Wunderlist users, this is a true story. And we feel your pain.
As difficult as it may be to part ways with Wunderlist, you still need a task management app.
And that’s probably why you’re here.
In this article, we’ll highlight the top five alternatives to the Wunderlist app, along with their key features, pros, cons, pricing, and user ratings.
Let’s get started.
What Is Wunderlist?
Microsoft’s Wunderlist was a great cloud-based task manager that helped several individuals and businesses manage tasks and lists efficiently.
But the saying ‘all good things must come to an end’ played out here too.
Wunderlist is no more.
Sad. But true.
Instead, Microsoft To Do is replacing it.
But while Wunderlist is clearing out its desk, your projects don’t need to follow suit.
So let’s begin our hunt for the best Wunderlist alternative.
Top 5 Wunderlist Alternatives
With new project management and productivity apps flooding the market each month, you’d be spoilt for choice when it comes to Wunderlist alternatives.
Choices = Confusion
The next thing you know, you’ve spent the entire day researching the perfect tool that has all the Wunderlist features, only to feel like…
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered.
Here’s a list of the top five Wunderlist alternatives to narrow down your search.
ClickUp is the world’s highest-rated project management software that’s used by highly-productive teams in small businesses and big companies worldwide.
With a wide variety of powerful collaboration features and tons of customizations, ClickUp has wooed project managers across the globe.
Moreover, ClickUp is the best Wunderlist alternative available today!
Because you can carry out all Wunderlist tasks and more on ClickUp.
To back this up, let’s take a look at some of the key features ClickUp offers:
ClickUp key features
A. Self organize with Task Checklists
And while ClickUp can definitely handle those, sometimes, all you need is a simple to-do checklist.
That’s exactly what ClickUp’s Task Checklist offers you. The items on the checklist are either done or not done.
B. Sketch out your thoughts with Mind Maps
Are you still drawing your project visions and ideas on a paper notepad?
Instead, why not try something more creative, like ClickUp’s Mind Maps?
Mind Maps gives you the freedom to visualize your thoughts and help your project plan take shape. Easily organize and rearrange your ideas with the convenience of drag and drop functionality.
Say goodbye to paper and take a step towards #savetrees with Mind Maps.
Note: There’s also Notepad by ClickUp, which is a great note taking app alternative. Use it to take quick notes or just make a grocery shopping list, all without leaving ClickUp.
C. See things your way with views
Different people have different perspective preferences.
You may like organizing in a list.
But your finance team may like when things are in a Table view.
So who’s going to compromise?
Neither of you!
Let’s just say… ClickUp loves you and your finance team just the same 😉 and spoils you with several task views.
Here are some of the views you get with this key feature:
- Box view: keep track of work and the amount of work assigned to every employee
- Gantt view: visualize project workflow, dependencies and manage resources
- Timeline view: view your schedule and organize tasks flexibly
- List view: get a bird’s-eye view of all tasks spanning your Workspace
Everyone gets what they want!
D. Update your tasks with Custom Statuses
All tasks are different.
Some need to be approved, while others need to be reviewed.
Don’t worry. ClickUp’s Custom Statuses feature allows you to create your own task statuses like open, pending, in progress, and more.
Get as descriptive and creative as you want!
E. Make every minute count with Native Time Tracking
With ClickUp, tracking time spent on a task has never been easier.
The Native Time Tracking key feature monitors your team’s work done on each task and helps keep track of their productivity.
You can also jump between tasks. Just don’t forget to start the timer of that specific task.
F. Share knowledge with Docs
Need to create documents? Just use Docs.
The best part?
Docs can be:
- Shared both publicly and privately
- Indexed by Google and other search engines so it can be found via Google search
- Of an unlimited number of pages
Using Docs, you can access and manage documents right on ClickUp.
No leaving the app to write something down anymore!
- Supports several third-party integrations (Google Calendar, Zoom, Outlook, Slack, and more)
- Workload view for tracking the work distribution among team members
- Recurring checklists for repetitive tasks on your schedule preference
- Inbox for keeping track of all of your tasks and notifications
- Goals for tracking, planning, and managing objectives and progress
- Supports direct file attachment in comments
- Assigned comments for quickly delegating tasks via comments
- Subtasks with options for setting due dates, and assignees
- Automatically import data from another project or task management app to ClickUp
- Priority allotment for creating task urgencies
- Custom notifications so you can decide when and where to receive them
- Available on Android and iOS (iPad & iPhone)
- No tags for Docs
- No exporting Dashboards
But don’t worry, we’re well on our way to resolving any hiccups you might face!
ClickUp has three pricing options:
- Free Forever Plan: unlimited users and tasks with storage of 100MB
- Unlimited Plan ($5/user per month): unlimited storage, dashboards, calendars, integrations, lists
- Business Plan ($9/user per month): Google single sign-on (SSO), custom exporting, tons of automation, advanced time tracking, and more
ClickUp user ratings
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2050+ reviews)
- G2: 4.7/5 (1090+ reviews)
Todoist is a great to-do list app for ensuring that you don’t forget important tasks.
However, while Todoist can be your go-to task management tool for simple tasks, you may have to look elsewhere for some alternatives to handle complex projects.
Todoist key features
- Task comments for prompt feedback and collaboration
- Karma points and streaks to motivate employees for task completion and productivity enhancement
- Supports task creation from your email inbox
- Recurring reminders for task due dates
- Priority levels for tasks
- Assign tasks to a team or yourself
- Android and iOS app available
- No timeline for project scheduling
- Free version limited to five people per project
- No trace of tasks once marked completed
- Windows app isn’t at par with the Mac app
Todoist offers three pricing options:
- Free Plan: includes 80 projects
- Premium ($3/month): includes 300 projects, productivity trends, reminders
- Business Plan ($5/user per month): includes 500 projects, team billing, priority support
Todoist user ratings
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (1200+ reviews)
- G2: 4.4/5 (600+ reviews)
As far as project management software goes, Asana is quite the charmer. It supports numerous integrations with third-party services and is designed for most team sizes.
But hold on, does your team also work from their mobile devices?
Well, Asana’s mobile apps aren’t exactly on par with their desktop counterpart.
Check out our compelling reasons to switch from Asana to Clickup and learn about the top alternatives to Asana.
Asana key features
- Kanban boards for managing tasks and visualizing progress
- Recurring tasks for work that needs to be done repeatedly
- Built-in project templates for marketing, IT, and HR
- View real-time status updates of multiple projects
- Collaboration features are simple and intuitive
- Add comments on a continuing project or directly to a team member
- iOS (iPad and iPhone) and Android app available
- Can’t assign multiple assignees to a single task
- No custom statuses
- No two-factor authentication
- Not user friendly for a project or task management beginner
- Basic Free Plan: basic features including a calendar view, 100MB storage, and list view
- Premium Plan ($10.99/user per month): includes other features like unlimited tasks, dashboards, and milestones
- Business Plan ($24.99/user per month): includes extra features like portfolios, proofing, and integrations
Asana user ratings
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (9100+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (6800+ reviews)
4. Google Tasks
Another good Wunderlist alternative on the list is Google Tasks.
But there’s a catch.
While Google Tasks app may be an efficient task management app, it’s not designed for managing projects.
So if you’re looking for a proper organizational app that covers planning, setting tasks, subtasks, creating timelines, and more… Google Tasks isn’t for you.
Google Tasks key features
- Set due dates and reminders synced with Google Calendar
- Add emails as tasks (from Gmail)
- Rescheduling and reorganization using the calendar view
Google Tasks pros
- Keyboard shortcuts for easy user experience
- Quick access to tasks from the add-on panel in Gmail, Docs, etc.
- Super simple and clean user interface
- Both web app and mobile apps are available (iOS & Android)
Google Tasks cons
- Not designed for organizing and managing every aspect or detail of a project
- Limited to only Gmail users
- Can’t set priority levels for tasks
- No timesheet management
Google Tasks pricing
- Free plan: includes features like customizable boards and shareable task lists
- Premium ($3.30/month): includes features like multiple boards, priority labels, and custom backgrounds
Google Tasks user ratings
- Capterra: N/A
- G2: N/A
Basecamp is a simple project management tool, great for tracking projects and progress for small organizations.
While it’s a strong Wunderlist alternative, Basecamp is like the old kid on the block.
I mean, have you seen its pricing?
To enjoy unlimited projects and users you’ll have to cough up $99… every month!
Basecamp key features
- Campfire feature for real-time group chat on a specific project
- To-do lists for individuals and team members
- Hill charts for visualizing progress over a period of time
- Automatic check-in questions such as “what are you working on this week?”
- Separate inbox for notifications
- Hourly auto backup of project files
- Web app is available along with iOS (iPhone & iPad) and Android apps
- Free version is limited to three projects and 20 users
- No native time tracker
- Limited task management views
- Limited progress tracking features (Hill charts is all you get)
- Basecamp Personal (Free): supports three projects, 20 users, with 1GB storage
- Business Plan ($99/month): supports to-do lists, check-ins, unlimited users, unlimited clients
Basecamp user ratings
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (12,300+ reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (6,800+ reviews)
Wunderlist Alternatives Are Here To Stay
Sure, Wunderlist isn’t coming back.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t rely on other excellent project management or task management software.
Luckily, there are tons of alternatives to Wunderlist, and all you have to do is pick the one that clicks for you.
Speaking of clicks, ClickUp has a ton of features to offer in comparison to other Wunderlist alternatives, including Milestones, Sprints, bulk rescheduling, and more. With its automation and customization options, anyone is going to feel like the tool was tailor-made for them.
So get ClickUp today for free and forget about how Wunderlist ghosted you.
Because delivering successful projects can’t stop.