Are you looking for a way to crush it with your talent management? Ready to take your employee performance management up a notch?
You’re in the right place! We’ve put together reviews of the ten best talent management software reviews, so you can find the one that’s best for your team.
Talent management software can help you develop your workforce with streamlined onboarding and training, performance tracking and reviews, automated workflows, and identification of high-potential employees.
And, as you’re about to find out, so much more!
What Should You Look for in Talent Management Software?
When searching for the best talent management software, there are a few key things you should look for.
- The right feature set: For example, applicant tracking software, employee onboarding, performance management, training and development, and succession planning are often top-priority features. Hiring and recruiting tools are sometimes part of that list, too
- Ease of use: You don’t want to spend hours or days trying to figure out how to use the software if you’re a small business. On the other hand, if you’re an enterprise-level company, you need more complex software, and should probably plan on a learning curve
- Deep integration: If you’re already working with other human resources software and payroll systems, integration will be a priority
- Affordability: You’ll want to find software that’s affordable for your business. We’ve included pricing in our reviews below, so you can easily compare costs
- A tailored fit: If you have a small business, you may not need all the features of a large enterprise talent management system
Considering these key points will help you find the best talent management software that works well (and makes you smile). 😀
The 10 Best Talent Management Software to Use in 2024
Good talent management software refers to systems that can help you develop, engage, and nurture your workforce. Ideally, it helps with things like performance reviews, performance management, talent management strategies, employee engagement, and a wide range of related talent management tasks.
Some HR software systems also include recruiting software to help with the hiring process and payroll management systems.
ClickUp is an all-in-one productivity platform that helps teams of all sizes and industries get more done. With over 1,000 integrations and hundreds of customizations, ClickUp makes it easy to track progress, collaborate with team members, and achieve your goals.
ClickUp HR features provide talent management tools that can be used to manage employee data, time, and goals. Create custom onboarding workflows, track performance, and customize performance review processes to fit your team management needs.
ClickUp’s Performance Review Template allows you to create a custom performance review process that fits your team’s needs. The template includes custom statuses, custom fields, and custom views to help you track and assess performance.
You can use the Performance Review Template and training plan templates to set goals and a clear path to success. You can also take advantage of a host of additional human resources tools such as Interview templates, collaboration features, and more.
It’s flexible, collaborative, and great for talent management!
ClickUp best features
- Enables an extraordinary degree of customization to meet unique business requirements
- Seamlessly unifies diverse features to ensure smooth workflow transitions
- Empowers teams with highly effective collaboration tools
- Offers a robust AI for quicker content creation and improved communication
- Its versatility accommodates a range of industries and team sizes
- While feature-rich, ClickUp’s interface can be overwhelming for first-time users, potentially creating a steep learning curve
- The many customization options may inadvertently lead to undue complexity
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Business Plus: $19/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,314+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,761+ reviews)
2. IBM Talent Management
IBM Talent Management is a suite of cloud-based HR and talent management system that help organizations attract, develop, and retain top talent.
The talent management software offers a comprehensive set of tools and services that can help businesses of all sizes improve their talent management processes.
IBM Talent Management best features
- Employs AI to generate in-depth insights that can guide strategic decision-making
- The user-friendly interface promotes quick mastery of the tool
- Its extensive suite of tools addresses multiple aspects of HR and talent management
- Offers comprehensive solutions, making it suitable for diverse business sizes
- Prioritizes employee development and engagement
IBM Talent Management limitations
- Its high level of functionality can make the interface feel cluttered, affecting the user experience
- Integration with non-IBM software may not always be seamless or intuitive for your talent management strategy
IBM Talent Management pricing
- Contact for pricing
IBM Talent Management ratings and reviews
- G2: 3.5/5 (84+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
3. Trakstar Perform
Trakstar is an all-in-one talent management system that offers four different software options: Trakstar Perform, Trakstar Hire, Trakstar Learn, and Reviewsnap.
Trakstar Perform is its talent management software that can also help with the hiring process. It helps organizations align individual goals with those of the company, motivate and retain top performers, and give data to find areas of strength and areas for development.
It’s a customizable, cloud-based software that integrates with other HR and talent management systems for applicant tracking and more.
Trakstar Perform best features
- Offers outstanding customer support to resolve issues promptly
- The platform’s high customizability enhances its fit for specific business needs (i.e. employee engagement, compensation management, applicant tracking)
- Integrations with other HR systems operate smoothly for cohesive operations
- Provides a balance between structure and flexibility
- Focuses on aligning individual and company goals
Trakstar Perform limitations
- Some users may find the navigation a bit challenging, particularly when dealing with large amounts of data
- Customizing reports might not be as straightforward as users would like
Trakstar Perform pricing
- Contact for customized pricing
Trakstar Perform ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (416+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (285+ reviews)
4. Insperity PerformSmart
Created for business owners, executives, and HR pros, Insperity PerformSmart provides recruiting, compensation, liability management training, training and development, and company culture development capabilities.
PerformSmart features include performance review management, goal setting/tracking, review cycle tracking, self-service portals, and more.
Its reviewers like how easy the platform is to use on the employee side. But if you’re looking for something customizable that provides a lot of options, this may not be the right software for you.
Insperity best features
- The platform is user-friendly, making it easy to use even for non-tech-savvy users
- Offers extensive options to cover a variety of HR functions like applicant tracking, employee engagement, and other talent management tools
- Provides comprehensive training and development features
- Includes tools to enhance company culture development
- Focuses on performance management and goal setting
Insperity PerformSmart limitations
- Although it’s designed for companies of all sizes, small businesses may not fully utilize its extensive features
- Integration with other HR and talent management systems could be improved
Insperity PerformSmart pricing
- Contact for pricing
Insperity PerformSmart ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 3.3/5 (7+ reviews)
Talent management platform ClearCompany is a full-service HR solutions platform. If you’re looking to manage benefits, payroll, compliance, and management in one place, you might want to consider ClearCompany.
Customers mostly rave about its applicant tracking system, and reviewers love the helpful support reps and user-friendly interface. And while they love its high-performing features, many mention an initial learning curve that improves over time.
ClearCompany best features
- Provides a user-friendly interface that enhances user experience
- Customizable to meet unique company needs
- Highly responsive support reps offer valuable assistance
- Integrates benefits, payroll templates, compensation management, compliance, and talent management in one platform
- Applauded for its high-performing features that provide efficient solutions
- For some, the process of setting up and managing workflows might be time-consuming
- The talent management system UX and design might seem dated compared to more modern-looking interfaces
- Contact for pricing
ClearCompany ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (290+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (312+ reviews)
6. Cegid TalentSoft
Formerly TalentSoft, Cegid TalentSoft is a European cloud-based talent management software.
Since it changed hands, Cegid Talentsoft’s ratings reflect a dramatic change in customer satisfaction. G2’s two since-published reviews show extremely unhappy customers. Capterra’s recent reviews are only slightly more encouraging, with a total of three averaging 3.6 stars.
Cegid TalentSoft best features
- It offers features suitable for managing a diverse workforce
- Comprehensive cloud-based solutions tailored to European markets
- Allows for strategic talent management and planning
- Promotes continuous learning and development
Cegid TalentSoft limitations
- User ratings have slipped some since its acquisition by Cegid compare to other talent management systems
- Some users may experience difficulties with navigation due to the platform’s extensive features
Cegid TalentSoft pricing
- Contact for pricing
Cegid TalentSoft ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (26+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (67+ reviews)
Remofirst is a Global Employer of Record (EOR) that helps businesses hire and manage remote employees from anywhere in the world. It can help with your hiring process and payroll management, and has a few employee engagement features.
The company is known for its global payroll and compliance features, but it also offers a range of HR support features, including talent management, onboarding, and offboarding.
Remofirst best features
- Known for its highly praised customer service that delivers timely solutions
- Provides a user-friendly website that improves the overall user experience
- Accommodates global workers, making it perfect for businesses with international teams
- Specializes in global payrol, compliance, and compensation management features
- Provides comprehensive HR support features
- Uses multiple platforms and logins
- Limited customization options pose challenges
- Focus is on payroll and compliance over talent management systems
- As a relatively new platform, it may lack some features present in more established solutions
- Employer of Record: $199/month+
- Contractors: $19/month per person
Remofirst ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 5/5 (2+ reviews)
8. ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now is an all-in-one, cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software suite. Its wide selection of features and tools helps businesses manage employees “from recruitment to retirement.”
The platform offers a wide range of features, including talent management. If you’re looking for an all-in-one platform that encompasses talent management, payroll, administration, and recruitment, you may want to consider ADP Workforce.
ADP Workforce best features
- Easily manages large data volumes, ideal for bigger companies
- Supports company branding within the platform for a cohesive user experience
- Constantly updated for improvements and to add new features
- Provides an all-in-one platform, offering talent management, applicant tracking, payroll, compensation management, administration, and recruitment
- Offers deep integration with other HR systems
ADP Workforce limitations
- Requires formal training which might not be best for employee engagement
- The many software updates can lead to frequent system delays
- Users might find the system somewhat challenging to navigate, particularly when searching for specific functionalities
- The software updates may occasionally disrupt established workflows and processes
ADP Workforce pricing
- Select: Contact for pricing
- Plus: Contact for pricing
- Premium: Contact for pricing
ADP Workforce Now ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (3,311+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (6,305+ reviews)
Global payroll platform Deel provides an HR and talent management system with management features to help you manage payroll, compliance, and contracts across 150+ countries.
Looking for free talent management software? Deel offers a free version of its program, and it might be worth a look.
However, Deel doesn’t give a lot of attention to talent management features such as employee performance management or monitoring. For this reason, it may not be a good choice for businesses and HR directors looking to manage, develop, and engage top talent.
Deel best features
- Provides automated workflows to streamline HR processes
- Strong payroll and compliance system to manage global teams
- Covers HR needs across 150+ countries, making it perfect for international businesses
- Offers a free version of its program
- Assists with contract management for international contractors
- Limited employee career development and engagement tools
- Frequent employee dissatisfaction with the payment system
- Customer service and training may need improvement
- While it simplifies international hiring, users might experience difficulties when dealing with certain specific countries’ requirements
- Deel HR: Free
- EOR: $599+/month
- Contractors: $49+/month
Deel ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (708+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (79+ reviews)
10. Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand HR Platform helps manage employee development and engagement. Plus so much more. It’s also capable of integrating with other programs to help you build the HR talent management system that’s best for your company.
Cornerstone OnDemand works with SMB, mid-market, and enterprise-level companies. Customers love its interactive training and forums, but the software does require some training because it’s not as user-friendly as some others.
Cornerstone OnDemand best features
- Offers highly interactive training to ensure efficient use of the platform
- Provides 24/7 customer support to resolve issues promptly
- Enables customization of templates to meet unique company needs
- Helps manage employee development and engagement
- Provides deep integration capabilities with other HR systems
Cornerstone OnDemand limitations
- Its vast range of features might make the user interface appear cluttered, potentially slowing down task completion
- Some users might find the customization process a bit complex and time-consuming
Cornerstone OnDemand pricing
- Contact for pricing
Cornerstone OnDemand ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (8+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (22+ reviews)
Choosing the Best Software to Manage Talent
In this article, we reviewed the 10 best talent management software on the market. These software solutions offer a variety of features and benefits, including:
- Streamlined onboarding: Streamline the onboarding process for new employees, so they have all the information they need to get started quickly and effectively
- Performance tracking: Track employee performance in many ways, including tracking goals, objectives, and key performance indicators (KPIs). This information can be used to identify areas where employees need additional training or development, and it can also be used to provide feedback to employees
- Feedback: Provide feedback to employees in a timely and constructive way, to help workers improve their performance. And, to keep employees motivated and engaged
- High-potential identification: Identify high-potential employees who are ready for promotion or other opportunities. You can use this data to develop a succession plan for your organization and provide targeted training and development to high-potential employees
The best talent management software systems for your organization depends on the unique needs of your company and industry. But the software reviews above will make it much easier to choose!
After reviewing the 10 best talent management software on the market, we think ClickUp is the best choice for businesses of all sizes. It can help you meet your HR goals and improve process efficiencies in a way that’s tailored to your specific needs.
With its powerful features, flexible customization options, and affordable pricing, ClickUp can help you streamline your onboarding process, track employee performance, provide feedback, and identify high-potential employees.
Plus, ClickUp includes powerful business management software to help manage all the moving parts of your business.
Join ClickUp and begin nurturing your team today!