The success of business initiatives is influenced by the stakeholders in a project. Whether they’re employees, customers, partners, investors, or in another role, keeping track of your communications and obligations to stakeholders is one of the most important things to do in your business. The key to doing this job effectively is picking the right stakeholder management software.
These tools empower you to track and manage your interactions with stakeholders. You’ll be able to store information about their preferences and the status of your dealings with them and use data analytics to learn more about your stakeholders. The best software also has extensive communication and collaboration tools to help you forge collaborative, ongoing relationships.
What Should You Look for in Stakeholder Management Software?
Stakeholder management covers your relationships with practically everyone you do business with. As such, finding a related software product that fits your needs as closely as possible is worth it. Along with features specific to your needs, there are a few general ideas to keep in mind while choosing your organization’s stakeholder management maturity solution:
- Ease of use and user interface: The software should be intuitive and easy to use or provide extensive training that makes it easy for employees to get up to speed quickly
- Communication and collaboration: Look for integrated tools for communicating and collaborating with internal stakeholders, which eliminates your need to rely on external tools
- Data centralization and management: The software should serve as a central repository for all stakeholder information, interactions, and communication history
- Analytics and reporting: The tool should offer robust reporting and analytics tools so you can more easily track the progress of your efforts
- Security and privacy: As you’ll use it to store sensitive data, your stakeholder management platform must adhere to data security and privacy regulations and offer data protection features
- Integration capabilities: If the software integrates well with other tools in your tech stack, it will streamline your workflows better and maintain a higher level of data integrity
- Scalability: As your business grows, you need software that can grow with it. Look for a stakeholder management app that supports both small businesses as well as enterprise customers
10 Best Stakeholder Relationship Management Software in 2024
Picking the right product will enable you to work faster and unlock growth levers. To help you make the right decision for your business, we’ve assembled a list of 10 of the best stakeholder management tools on the market in 2024.
ClickUp’s free project management software and customer relationship management (CRM) functionalities are versatile enough to be an asset for stakeholder management. Not limited to just customers, the ClickUp CRM allows you to track and manage stakeholder relationships. Easily store the preferences, interactions, and engagement history of everyone you do business with.
The ClickUp Stakeholder List template simplifies the process of creating and maintaining your list of stakeholders. It allows you to categorize and segment them based on their roles and interests for improved personalization and communication. To gain even more insights, try the Clickup Stakeholder Analysis Template.
Sharing information with stakeholders and performing other communication and collaboration tasks is easy with ClickUp Dashboards. These offer extensive customization options to always provide you with the information you need when you need it.
ClickUp is more than just a capable stakeholder management solution though; it offers a comprehensive feature set that allows it to become an all-in-one business solution for most of your technology needs.
ClickUp best features
- ClickUp AI to generate summaries of comment threads, draft documents, create action items, and more
- Task watchers and multiple assignees functionality to streamline stakeholder engagement activities
- Customizable task management and collaboration tools to manage external vendor projects
- Goal tracking and progress monitoring for effective stakeholder data management
- Integration with various third-party apps
- Gantt charts for project planning
- Can be difficult for new users to learn
- Some users find the interface overwhelming
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI: Available on all paid plans for $5/month per Workspace member
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Totango is a customer success platform that focuses on stakeholder management. Its software maps out all individuals who support a customer’s success. It also maps out relationships between stakeholders so you can understand engagement levels.
The software’s modular design makes it easy to pick and choose which components you’d like to use for your specific business needs.
You can create profiles with stakeholder mapping templates to collect standardized data from interactions, such as support, sales, and meetings. This provides a 360-degree view of one profile. It also offers stakeholder risk management solutions like automated workflows to manage stakeholder engagement over time based on levels and other details.
Reporting dashboards give insights into key metrics to optimize success programs. These metrics include renewal risks, customer health scores, engagement levels, and return on investment. The software integrates with other tools to gather information for more complete insights.
Totango best features
- Customer health and engagement monitoring
- Customer segmentation and personalized communication
- Customer journey tracking and analysis
- Integration with CRM and support tools
- Initial setup and configuration can be complex
- The pricing is more expensive than many competitors
- Starter: $2,988/year
- Enterprise: $18,000/year
- Premier: Contact sales for pricing
Totango ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (780 reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (24 reviews)
3. Stakeholder Mapping
This set of products, put out by Stakeholder Management, consists of a well-documented methodology for handling stakeholders and a set of spreadsheet templates.
The Stakeholder Circle methodology helps manage stakeholder engagement for business initiatives. It provides tools to identify, prioritize, visualize, engage with, and monitor stakeholders. It also identifies stakeholders through discussions to understand their needs and impact.
Prioritization assesses power, proximity, and urgency to produce a ranking of stakeholders. Then, the tool maps the top stakeholders in a circle, visualizing importance through size, color, and position. You can develop and monitor engagement strategies as needs and relationships with stakeholders change.
The three Microsoft Excel templates provide varying degrees of stakeholder analysis based on the Stakeholder Circle methodology.
Stakeholder Mapping best features
- Visual mapping of stakeholders and relationships
- Engagement tracking and communication history
- Customizable stakeholder profiles
- A one-time purchase
Stakeholder Mapping limitations
- The Excel-based design means limited integration options
- Limited information from customer reviews
Stakeholder Mapping pricing
- Stakeholder Work Sheet: $30
- Stakeholder on a Page: $5
- Communication Plan: $20
Stakeholder Mapping ratings and reviews
- No reviews available
Darzin’s Stakeholder CRM allows your business to map, track, and communicate with all its key stakeholders in one centralized platform. It helps identify internal and external stakeholders related to project development or other initiatives. Users can create profiles for each stakeholder, capturing such details as influence level, engagement history, and priorities.
The CRM utilizes relationship-mapping features to visualize the connection between stakeholders. Automated workflows then guide outreach and communication, such as sending tailored emails or messages. Insights from across profiles and data sources provide a 360-degree view of each stakeholder. Performance metrics show engagement levels over time.
Integration with other systems provides relevant stakeholder data. To generate highly specific data, the software includes survey creation tools that you can use to gather pertinent feedback from stakeholders.
Darzin best features
- Stakeholder engagement planning and tracking
- Real-time feedback collection and analysis
- Customizable reporting and analytics
- Integration with CRM and survey tools
- No pricing information on the website
- Some users desire more automation features
- Contact sales for pricing
Darzin ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (four reviews)
InfoFlo’s stakeholder CRM helps manage relationships through profile creation, communication tracking, and customization. Profiles capture contact details and engagement history in one comprehensive view. It tracks interactions, such as emails and meetings, to ensure consistent outreach.
You can segment stakeholders using their assigned tags, fields, and categories. Tasks, reminders, and documents centrally manage deadlines and important information. The reporting functions help you measure the success of your efforts.
The base package includes integration with Bing Maps for plotting geographic information about a stakeholder. Integrations with other project development tools are available as add-ons.
InfoFlo best features
- Contact and stakeholder management
- Communication history tracking
- Document and file storage
- Integration with email and calendar tools
- The user interface could be more modern
- Some users mention occasional performance issues
- InfoFlo Core: $99
- InfoFlo Offline: $199
- InfoFLo PBX: $399
InfoFlo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (91 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (95 reviews)
StakeWare is a stakeholder management software that helps you identify, analyze, and engage your key stakeholders. It provides tools for mapping stakeholders based on influence, importance, and other factors. Users can capture contact info, relationship history, interests, issues, and other details to help segment and categorize stakeholders.
StakeWare makes tracking engagement activities, such as meetings, emails, and calls easy. The software features several built-in or integrated collaboration tools, making it an effective team communication app.
The reporting features provide the insights necessary to develop targeted engagement plans. Information about stakeholders and their associated analytics are readily available in the software’s dashboard.
StakeWare best features
- Stakeholder identification and categorization
- Issue tracking and resolution management
- Communication history and document sharing
- Alerts when a stakeholder needs attention
- Limited user reviews
- No pricing information on the website
- Contact sales for pricing
StakeWare ratings and reviews
- No reviews available
Tractivity is a stakeholder engagement platform for companies managing complex stakeholder landscapes. Key features include customizable stakeholder mapping that allows users to visualize stakeholder networks and segment groups. The system provides digital profiles for each stakeholder, storing contact details, past interactions, interests, and other attributes.
Tractivity enables you to collaboratively plan engagement strategies with team members. You can tailor strategies to different stakeholder types or issues. The platform streamlines the execution of engagement tasks, including scheduling meetings, sharing documents, and conducting surveys.
Real-time tracking of key metrics and detailed reporting gives you insight into stakeholder sentiment. Additional capabilities include issue logging, a discussion forum, and an events calendar.
Tractivity best features
- Stakeholder engagement planning and tracking
- Issue and grievance management
- Customizable dashboards and reports
- Integration with CRM and communication tools
- It has a tough learning curve for some users
- Some users mention occasional glitches
- Starting at $129/month
Tractivity ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (three reviews)
Jambo is a flexible stakeholder management software for small- to medium-sized organizations. Its features allow you to map stakeholders, capture profiles of them, and plan engagement activities.
Key functionality includes powerful stakeholder segmentation and tools for mapping your relationships with stakeholders. You can document interactions, view engagement history, and tag issues or opportunities for each stakeholder.
The software includes features to support task management. Users in the administrator role can assign and approve tasks and plan stakeholder events, meetings, and communication. It bolsters collaboration through an internal commenting tool, enabling better project transparency.
Reporting functionality includes relationship health scores and vulnerability metrics. You can save frequently generated reports as templates for easy access.
Jambo emphasizes user-friendliness and affordability for businesses with smaller budgets and small teams involved in stakeholder work.
Jambo best features
- Stakeholder engagement and communication
- Customizable surveys and feedback collection
- Issue resolution tracking
- Integration with communication platforms
- Some users find the user interface confusing
- The initial learning curve can be steep
- Jambo Professional: $995/month
Jambo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4/5 (one review)
Kahootz is a stakeholder relationship management platform with a focus on maximizing impact. It lets you map out different stakeholder groups and see how they relate based on factors such as influence or impact.
Each stakeholder has a profile in which you can record attributes to help segment them. From there, dashboards and visualizations give insights into sentiments, shared ideas, and opportunities. Managers can use these insights to design custom engagement strategies and check progress.
Agile project management tools keep initiatives on track with features that rival enterprise collaboration tools. Whether they’re meetings, surveys, or campaigns, tasks are easy to track from the first assignment to the final approval. Automated reminders ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
Kahootz best features
- A collaborative stakeholder engagement software
- File sharing and document collaboration
- Task and project management tools
- Integration with various productivity apps
- The software can be hard to learn
- Some users find the customization options lacking
- Starter: £7/month per user
- Professional: £11.55/month per user
- Enterprise: £10.97/month per user
Kahootz ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (29 reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (13 reviews)
10. Simply Stakeholders
Simply Stakeholders is an easy-to-use tool for managing stakeholder relationships. The tool allows you to track issues, map stakeholders, and gain insights through AI-driven sentiment analysis. You can import or add contacts, invite team members, and integrate with communication tools like Gmail and Outlook.
The software’s mapping features let you visualize stakeholders by influence, interest, and impact. Go beyond visualization and gain deeper insights with the built-in AI analysis tools.
Simply Stakeholders integrates securely with other systems. Standard connectors link to Salesforce, social media, Mailchimp, and other popular apps for more flexible stakeholder management. An API allows development teams to create their own solutions for integrations with no built-in support.
Simply Stakeholders best features
- Stakeholder identification and analysis
- Communication tracking and history
- Customizable templates for stakeholder engagement
- Integration with communication tools
Simply Stakeholders limitations
- Some users want more advanced features
- Steep learning curve
Simply Stakeholders pricing
- Contact sales for pricing
Simply Stakeholders ratings and reviews
- G2: 5/5 (two reviews)
Reframe Your Business Around Your Stakeholders
Managing stakeholder relationships shouldn’t be just another project or initiative—it should be at the core of all your business operations. This helps you keep employee morale high, stops business partner concerns from slipping through the cracks, and strengthens your company reputation from multiple angles.
Stay focused on stakeholder communications and obligations with the right software. ClickUp is one of the most popular stakeholder management software solutions for a reason: it helps you keep stakeholders center-stage while ensuring your operations flow smoothly. ClickUp’s tools are also free, so you can experiment, implement, and thrive. Sign up for your ClickUp account and start today!