When it comes to successful projects, stakeholder involvement is key. To make sure all stakeholders are engaged and onboard for your project, you need a comprehensive list of who they are and what their interests are.
ClickUp's Stakeholder List Template helps you keep track of your project stakeholders with:
- A detailed list of all relevant stakeholders
- Their contact information, role, and goals
- Visualizations to plan out communications and progress
Whether you're starting a new project or managing an existing one, this template will help ensure that everyone involved is on the same page—and that your success is guaranteed!
Benefits of a Stakeholder List Template
Creating a stakeholder list is the first step in building successful relationships with the people who are important to your business. A stakeholder list template helps you:
- Identify the key people that have an interest in your business
- Develop relationships with stakeholders by understanding their needs and how they can help you reach your goals
- Keep track of stakeholders and their contact information in one place
- Improve communication and collaboration between stakeholders and your organization
Main Elements of a Stakeholder List Template
ClickUp's Stakeholder List Template is designed to help you keep track of all of your stakeholders in one place. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Create tasks with custom statuses such as Open and Complete to keep track of the progress of each stakeholder
- Custom Fields: Use 10 different custom attributes such as Email, Employee ClickUp Profile, Influence, Role, Expectations, and more, to save vital information about stakeholders and easily visualize their data
- Custom Views: Open 4 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Stakeholders, By Influence, Contact Information, and Getting Started Guide so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve stakeholder tracking with time tracking capabilities, tags, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Stakeholder List Template
Creating a stakeholder list for your organization or project can be a daunting task, but it's essential to ensure that everyone involved is on the same page. Here are 6 steps to help make your stakeholder list creation easier:
1. Identify stakeholders
The first step is to identify who the stakeholders are. A stakeholder can be an individual or a group that has an interest in the outcome of a project or organization. This can include customers, investors, employees, vendors, regulators, etc.
Create tasks in ClickUp to list out all the stakeholders and any relevant details like their role and contact information.
2. Categorize stakeholders
Once you’ve identified all the stakeholders, it's helpful to categorize them by type and/or level of influence. This will help you better understand each stakeholder's role and how they are connected to the project or organization.
Create custom fields in ClickUp to categorize stakeholders by type and/or level of influence.
3. Assess their importance
Once the stakeholders have been identified and categorized, it's important to assess their importance to the project or organization. This can be done by looking at the level of influence each stakeholder has and their ability to affect the outcome of the project.
Use Milestones in ClickUp to set specific deadlines and assess importance of stakeholders.
4. Assign tasks
For each stakeholder, assign tasks or actions that need to be completed in order to ensure the project or organization's success. These can include things like providing feedback, approving documents, or providing resources.
Create tasks in ClickUp to assign tasks to each stakeholder.
5. Schedule meetings
Once tasks have been assigned, it's important to schedule regular meetings with the stakeholders to ensure that everyone is on the same page. This can be done using a calendar program or scheduling tool, such as the Calendar view in ClickUp.
Use the Calendar view in ClickUp to schedule regular meetings with each stakeholder.
6. Monitor progress
Finally, you want to monitor progress and performance to ensure that the tasks assigned to each stakeholder are being completed in a timely manner.
Use the Gantt chart in ClickUp to monitor progress of tasks assigned to each stakeholder.
Get Started with ClickUp's Stakeholder List Template
Project teams can use this Stakeholder List Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to identifying stakeholders and keeping track of their roles.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to create and manage a stakeholder list:
- Use the Stakeholders View to list out all stakeholders and their contact information
- The By Influence View will help you organize stakeholders according to their level of influence
- The Contact Information View will give you a space to store all of your stakeholders' contact information
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to use this template
- Organize tasks into two different statuses: Open, Complete, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep stakeholders informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity