If you want a website that turns clicks into conversions and fuels the growth of your business, you need to pay attention to your web analytics.
Google Analytics has been the go-to analytics tool since its launch in 2005, but it’s far from perfect. Google’s newest release, GA4, has data discrepancies, missing metrics, and profound privacy concerns. That has left many website owners looking for suitable advanced analytics alternatives.
If you’re searching for the best Google Analytics alternatives for 2024, consider these ten excellent web analytics tools we’ve rounded up.
What Should You Look for in Alternatives to Google Analytics?
If you want to monitor your site’s traffic, optimize your customers’ journey, and maximize your conversions and sales, any alternative to Google Analytics should have these five key features:
- Data privacy and compliance: You’ll need a web analytics tool that prioritizes user privacy and complies with data protection laws. Look for tools that offer data anonymization and give you control over the data you collect from your website visitors
- Data accuracy: Look for features within your potential analytics tool, like real-time data updates and intelligent data sampling, that ensure the information you get from the platform is trustworthy and actionable
- Customization options: You should be able to set up custom reports at a minimum. It’s even better if you can create a custom analytics dashboard so you can easily and quickly track the metrics that are most important to you
- User-friendly interface: The user interface on your chosen analytics platform should make it easy to access and understand quantitative data, even for team members who might not have extensive technical know-how
- Integration capabilities: Look for Google Analytics alternatives that integrate with your content management systems, e-commerce platforms, and advertising networks. This is a great way to centralize your data and get a more comprehensive view of your online metrics
The best Google Analytics alternatives will depend on your organization and the marketing goals you have for your online presence. Many of the Google Analytics alternatives on this list offer a free plan or a free trial. These are a great way to test the features of different analytics solutions and see which web analytics tool works best for you.
The 10 Best Google Analytics Alternatives to Use in 2024
Semrush is an alternative to Google Analytics with enough features to become an all-in-one digital marketing tool. The platform stands out for its search engine optimization (SEO) and content marketing tools. This is a great option if you want analytics alternatives that can also help you boost your content and check out the competition.
Semrush best features
- This analytics platform also offers comprehensive keyword research tools that help you find high-value keywords for your website or content creation tasks
- Great competitor analysis so you can identify what the other guy is using for keywords and backlinks or even how they are managing their online advertising campaigns
- Excellent site auditing feature that scans your website for SEO issues, like broken links, and then tells you what you’ll need to do to improve them
- Data is often updated a day or more late, so don’t expect to see real-time information
- Some users note that the reporting could go more in-depth
- Pro: $129.95/month
- Guru: $249.95/month
- Business: $499.95/month
Semrush ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (1,800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,100+ reviews)
Mixpanel is an analytics platform that helps organizations track and analyze user interactions with their digital platforms, like their website or app. With Mixpanel’s insights into user behavior, organizations can make better data-driven decisions about their products and user experiences.
This is one of the few Google Analytics alternatives that tells you what your users are doing and helps you understand why they are doing it.
Mixpanel best features
- Track user behavior or events within your website, including sign-ups, feature usage, button clicks, and more, to understand how users are engaging with your products
- Funnel analysis lets you visualize data on the steps users take to get from their first click to the all-important conversion point.
- Offers insight into where users drop off in your funnel and where you can optimize their journey
- Excellent A/B testing capabilities so you can test changes and variations in your digital platforms. Then you can measure the impact of those changes on user engagement, conversions, and more
- The user interface isn’t very intuitive, so expect a steep learning curve on this Google Analytics alternative
- Starter: Free
- Growth: Starting at $20/month
- Enterprise: Starting at $833/month
Mixpanel ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (120+ reviews)
Clicky is a web analytics tool that provides organizations with real-time website analytics. Because it delivers real-time data, Clicky is especially useful to organizations that need to respond immediately to user interactions, such as e-commerce and news websites.
Clicky best features
- Known for its real-time data tracking capabilities, Clicky allows you to monitor website activity as it happens
- Excellent custom dashboards display the metrics that are most important to you so you can design personalized dashboards with information on traffic trends, top pages, and more
- Heatmaps offer visual representations of where users are clicking on your website so you can understand their interactions and optimize your design based on that data
- The user interface is outdated. While this might be an affordable alternative to Google Analytics for smaller businesses, enterprise-level organizations may want a more updated option
- Free for one website
- Pro: $9.99/month
- Pro Plus: $14.99/month
- Pro Platinum: $19.99/month
- Custom: Contact for pricing information
Clicky ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (4+ reviews)
4. Adobe Analytics
Adobe Analytics, part of the Adobe Experience Cloud suite, is a comprehensive web analytics platform. It makes it easy for organizations to measure and analyze data from their websites and marketing efforts. Adobe Analytics is a solution often used by larger organizations or those needing advanced analytics.
Adobe Analytics best features
- Comprehensive data collection for your website, mobile app, social media channels, email campaigns, Google ads, and more
- Real-time data allows you to monitor what’s happening while it’s happening and respond to changing user behavior instantly
- Excellent path analysis offers a deeper understanding of how users get to your website or app, including where they drop off in the journey
Adobe Analytics limitations
- This Google Analytics alternative is one of the most expensive options available, so smaller organizations may be priced out of it
Adobe Analytics pricing
- Contact for pricing information
Adobe Analytics ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (990+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (220+ reviews)
Matomo is an open-source web analytics platform. It’s one of the only Google Analytics alternatives that is self-hosted. That means you have complete control over the data collection because you host it on your own servers.
Matomo is known as an analytics alternative that is committed to data privacy.
Matomo best features
- Self-hosted solution, so you have total control over your analytics data and where you store it. You don’t have to share data with a big corporation that can leverage it for their own marketing needs
- Highly customizable, allowing you to set goals, custom events, and data segmentation so you can get the data you need even if you have unique tracking requirements
- Matomo is known for its focus on data security and privacy, so users can anonymize their IP address or opt out of tracking while remaining compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and other strict data privacy regulations
- Can be slow, especially when working with larger data sets, so larger organizations may find it clunky
- Free and open-source plans available
- Contact for pricing information
Matomo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (50+ reviews)
Hotjar is an easy-to-use quantitative analytics tool that helps organizations understand the behavior of website visitors. It has features like heatmaps, session recordings, surveys, and feedback collection tools.
The user-friendly platform has an excellent free plan, making it a reasonable Google Analytics alternative for smaller businesses and website owners.
Hotjar best features
- Excellent session recordings, so you can get a detailed look at user behavior on your website, including the paths they take, clicks they make, and any areas where they encounter issues
- Various tools for gathering user feedback, including on-site surveys and feedback forms, so you can understand your audience better and see how to improve their experience
- Funnel analysis helps you track user behavior as they move through your sales funnel, giving insight into where they drop out of the customer journey and what you can do to improve conversion rates
- Heatmaps are limited to the last 30 days
- Some users find that the heatmaps aren’t always accurate
- Basic: Free
- Plus: $39/month
- Business: $99/month
- Scale: $389/month
Hotjar ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (290+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (490+ reviews)
Piwik is an open-source analytics solution designed to help organizations track website user behavior. It offers many of the standard tools needed to gather and analyze data but with a keen focus on data privacy.
Piwik is one of the only self-hosted Google Analytics alternatives, so you retain complete data ownership while staying compliant with GDPR and other data privacy regulations.
Piwik best features
- A self-hosted web analytics platform, Piwik offers excellent privacy options for sensitive customer data while allowing organizations to retain complete control over the data collection
- Real-time analytics tracking allows organizations to see website activity as it happens and respond quickly to any issues
- Really nice analytics dashboard customization options, so you can get data that’s most relevant to your organization and focus on tracking your goals
- One of the Google Analytics alternatives relatively limited regarding integration capabilities when compared to other options
- Enterprise plans can get expensive quickly
- Core: Free forever
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing information
Piwik ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (15+ reviews)
Fathom is web analytics software that, like Google, provides insights into website traffic and visitor behavior. However, Fathom is committed to respecting personal data, remaining compliant with GDPR, and practicing data minimization. This is an excellent option for organizations that want user behavior insights without compromising privacy.
Fathom best features
- Simple user-friendly interface makes it straightforward to get website analytics
- A lightweight script that won’t slow down your website’s performance, so the analytics tool won’t have an adverse effect on your page ranking
- It can be a bit fiddly getting to the information you need within the analytics tool, so be prepared to do some hunting and searching at first
- 30-day free trial
- $14/month for up to 100,000 page views per month
- $24/month for up to 200,000 page views per month
- $44/month for up to 500,000 page views per month
Fathom ratings and reviews
- G2: 5/5 (1,500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (10+ reviews)
Heap is an analytics tool for websites and mobile apps with various features that help organizations understand user behavior. The analytics software is known for being user-friendly, so it’s a popular choice for organizations that need a digital insights platform without relying on too much technical knowledge.
Heap best features
- Excels at event tracking, so you can capture and analyze user interactions on your website automatically and analyze the data retroactively
- Nice retention analysis tools help you measure user retention over time, such as how often users return to your site or app and patterns in long-term user engagement
- Visualization tools make it easy to communicate insights and share website data with stakeholders
- This analytics tool requires quite a bit of training to understand all of the features available, so onboarding can take time
- Limited tutorials available
- Free plan available
- Contact for pricing information
Heap ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (30+ reviews)
Woopra is an analytics solution used by organizations that want to understand and engage with their audience on a deeper level. It can provide insights into customer behavior on digital channels, like a website or mobile app, and help improve the customer journey.
Woopra best features
- Unique tools like detailed customer profiles, which combine quantitative and qualitative data to create holistic views of how customers interact with the organization’s digital footprint
- Excellent integration options, so you can connect it with your marketing and CRM tools to give you a more holistic view of user data
- Funnel analysis tools help you track user journeys and identify when they either drop off or take desired actions, giving you the ability to refine the customer journey and improve user experience
- The customizable dashboard isn’t very user friendly and may look a bit outdated to some
- Core: Free
- Pro: $999/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing information
Woopra ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (180+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (10+ reviews)
Other Analytics Tools
You might already know (and love!) ClickUp as a project management tool. The platform’s capabilities extend to visual project management, and it can be a valuable tool for monitoring website analytics.
ClickUp doesn’t offer native web analytics features, but it does excel at creating exceptional data visualizations with its dashboards and free analytics templates.
ClickUp Dashboards help you transform data from your web analytics platform into actionable insights through better data visualization. You can create custom Dashboards that display incoming data in visually appealing and easy-to-understand formats.
Your ClickUp Dashboards can include charts, graphs, tables, and widgets to showcase KPIs, making it easy to make data-informed decisions for your user experience.
ClickUp also offers a wide range of pre-built templates that can help you turn data into decisions. For example, the ClickUp Analytics Report Template can help you understand trends and patterns within your data to give you a deeper understanding of the user journey. Meanwhile, the ClickUp Data Analysis Report Template is excellent for gathering insights from data quickly and sharing those insights with stakeholders in an easy-to-read format.
Start Analyzing Your Website With Clearer Data and Processes
Once you choose your favorite of the best Google Analytics alternatives for 2024 for your organization, connect the analytics tool to your ClickUp account.
ClickUp seamlessly integrates with thousands of apps and services, so you can create one central place to manage, analyze, and act on user data. It’s a great way to centralize and share information with your team so you can make better data-driven decisions.
Are you ready to take your web analytics to the next level without relying on Google Analytics? Create a ClickUp account today and see how it can help you deliver a better experience for your audience online.