Digital marketing evolves at lightning speed. Blink, and you might miss the next big trend, tool, or technique that transforms the landscape. But, for every challenge this dynamic realm throws at you, there’s a solution waiting in the wings.
In 2024, that solution is increasingly found within powerful digital marketing apps. Imagine streamlining your campaigns, consolidating tasks, or measuring ROI with just a few taps on your screen. That’s not the future; it’s now. As a digital marketer, you need the best tools to stay ahead, to innovate, to excel. After all, an architect wouldn’t draft a masterpiece with a blunt pencil, right?
Whether you’re crafting captivating content, juggling multiple ad campaigns, or deciphering the complex maze of search engines, the right app can be a game-changer. And we’ve got your back! Dive in as we unravel the top digital marketing apps that every marketer, newbie or pro, should have in their arsenal this year.
Let’s gear up, simplify processes, and elevate your digital marketing strategy! Welcome to the future of digital marketing—simplified, optimized, and right at your fingertips.
What Should You Look for In Digital Marketing Apps?
Before we dive headfirst into our top 10 list, let’s take a quick pit stop. Think of it as a mini-checklist, a guiding star if you will, for picking the right digital marketing apps. Because, let’s be real, in the bustling bazaar of the app universe, it’s easy to get lured by flashy features that we might never use.
- Usability and interface: Marketing apps should feel intuitive. If you need a PhD to navigate the dashboard, it’s probably not the right fit
- Integration capabilities: How well does it play with other tools? A harmonious workflow often hinges on seamless integrations
- Scalability: Your app should grow with you. As your campaigns expand, you don’t want to be boxed in
- Value for money: Shiny and expensive isn’t always better. What matters is real value—does it bring more to the table than its price tag suggests?
- Relevant features: Ensure the app aligns with your goals. An app packed with bells and whistles is pointless if it doesn’t serve your core needs
Remember, the best apps simplify, not complicate. Choose wisely and let’s amplify that marketing magic!
The 10 Best Digital Marketing Apps to Use In 2024
Drum roll, please! 🥁
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for. After combing through the vast digital terrain, sifting through user reviews, and even giving these tools a whirl ourselves, we’ve handpicked the top apps that are changing the game for digital marketers this year.
From enhancing productivity to automating complex tasks, these apps are not just about getting the job done—they’re about doing it brilliantly. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the digital treasures that will make 2024 your most impactful marketing year yet!
Imagine a workspace that seamlessly blends brainstorming, planning, and execution, giving your team the tools they need to launch multi-channel campaigns, global events, and everything in between. With ClickUp, you’re not just getting a user-friendly interface—you’re stepping into a world of scalable workspaces that prioritize resource and project management.
Plus, with its affordable pricing, every marketing team, whether big or small, can benefit. And if you’re thinking about accelerating your campaigns, ClickUp AI has you covered. With its expert-crafted AI marketing tools, generating campaign ideas, content briefs, blogs, and even case studies becomes a breeze.
ClickUp best features
- Your strategic documents, brainstorms, and calendars coexist with your daily tasks, propelling your concepts into reality at record speed
- Tools like ClickUp Docs and ClickUp Whiteboards ensure that every teammate is aligned from inception to launch
- With ClickUp Views, your team’s progress becomes a visual spectacle, helping you cut out any redundant workflows and focus solely on achieving your goals
- ClickUp Dashboards ensure every member is consistently informed, linking tasks directly to your roadmap and go-to-market strategies
- Content calendar templates and others like ClickUp’s Digital Marketing Action Plan Template help you grow your business and remain competitive in the digital age
- Initial learning curve for users to get acquainted with all the available features
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans for $5 per Workspace member per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Imagine a marketing calendar software from which you can oversee all your social media platforms – that’s Hootsuite in essence. Designed with the modern digital marketer in mind, this digital marketing app offers a comprehensive suite of tools to streamline your social media activities.
From a consolidated dashboard, you can schedule posts across multiple channels, engage with your audience in real-time, and tap into detailed analytics that measure your campaign’s success.
Collaborate seamlessly with your team, assign tasks, and never miss a mention with its social listening capabilities. For businesses aiming to maintain a consistent digital voice and responsive presence, Hootsuite is an indispensable ally.
Hootsuite best features
- The integrated social media calendar keeps teams synchronized and informed
- Allows users to view and manage several social media channels simultaneously
- Simplifies the process of adjusting content and rescheduling deadlines to align with resources
- Incorporates generative social media AI that aids in content creation for posts
- For those who prefer individualized views, the all-inclusive dashboard might appear cluttered
- The auto-publish feature occasionally lacks reliability, according to users
- Some users feel that the user experience isn’t as streamlined as offerings from other social media management tools
- Professional: $99/month
- Team: $249/month
- Business: $739/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Hootsuite ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.1/5 (4,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (3,400+ reviews)
3. Google Data Studio
At its core, Google Data Studio is a data visualization tool. And in the complex world of digital marketing, data drives decisions.
Google Data Studio makes the often cumbersome task of analyzing data into a delightful experience. By connecting to various data sources like your Google Analytics app, Google Ads, and even external platforms, you can create bespoke reports that tell a visual story.
Customize the look and feel of your reports, collaborate with your team, and share insights that would otherwise get lost in the sea of raw data. In short, it’s a tool that transforms numbers into narratives, guiding your marketing strategies.
Google Data Studio best features
- Provides ready-made templates for YouTube channel reports, Google Ads overview, and more
- Transforms data’s dimensions and metrics into powerful building blocks for visualization
- Facilitates sharing and collaboration on all Data Studio reports and dashboards
- Allows dashboard customization with logos, icons, background changes, and more
Google Data Studio limitations
- Some users experience slow report loading times and feel the tool lacks flexibility for complex queries
- Relies heavily on integrations for time tracking
- Not best suited for intricate task management
Google Data Studio pricing
- Creators and Report Viewers: Free
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Google Data Studio ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (370+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (193+ reviews)
4. Facebook Pages Manager
Navigating the bustling streets of Facebook and Instagram’s business landscape can be daunting. Enter Facebook Pages Manager, an app that easily places the reins of multiple Facebook and Instagram pages in your hands.
Whether you’re a small business with one brand page or a conglomerate managing several, this tool simplifies the task. Draft and schedule posts, engage with your followers through comments and messages, and tap into page analytics to gauge your performance.
It’s like having a social media agency in your pocket, making sure you’re always connected, responsive, and informed.
Facebook Pages Manager best features
- Ideal as an Instagram and Facebook ads manager app
- Centralizes oversight of all Pages, accounts, and business assets
- Tracks marketing campaign performance insights effectively
Facebook Pages Manager limitations
- Users report that switching between Profiles can be tedious and frustrating
- Customer support responsiveness leaves much to be desired, according to reviewers
Facebook Pages Manager pricing
Facebook Pages Manager ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (1,580+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Understanding what resonates with audiences is paramount in the vast digital landscape, and BuzzSumo stands out as your compass.
This tool offers a window into the world of content trends. Want to know which topics in your niche are getting the most shares? BuzzSumo can tell you. Looking to identify the key influencers who can amplify your brand’s message? BuzzSumo has the answers. It even lets you keep an eye on your competitors, understanding which of their content pieces are hitting the mark.
BuzzSumo empowers marketers to craft strategies that align with audience preferences and industry trends by providing a clear picture of the content ecosystem.
BuzzSumo best features
- Simplifies the process of identifying trending industry topics
- Supports topic comparison and monitors trends over time
- Enables tracking of brand mentions, including competitors and products
- Facilitates following organic keywords and content from specific online sources
- Analyzes competitor content performance based on engagement across various social platforms
- Lacks integration with platforms like LinkedIn, Snapchat, and TikTok
- Best suited for broad topics but struggles with niche areas
- Pricing, especially for premium plans, can be prohibitive for smaller businesses
- Data often requires extensive filtering to find relevant insights
- Basic: $95/month for one user
- Content Creation: $199/month for five users
- PR & Comms: $199/month for five users
- Suite: $319/month for ten users
- Enterprise: $999/month for 30 users
BuzzSumo ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (140+ reviews)
If social media is a stage, Buffer is the backstage crew ensuring the show goes on without a hitch. At its core, Buffer is a social media management tool that demystifies the process of scheduling, publishing, and analyzing social media content.
Its clean, intuitive interface allows you to line up posts for various platforms, ensuring you maintain a robust social media presence. Beyond just posting, Buffer’s analytics offer a deep dive into how your content is performing, allowing for continuous fine-tuning.
For teams, the collaborative features ensure everyone stays in the loop, making Buffer a one-stop shop for all things social media.
Buffer best features
- Streamlines content scheduling with a content queue system
- Provides comprehensive reporting tools for stakeholder communication
- Integrates built-in content review systems to improve team collaboration
- Exclusively focuses on social media content; other marketing campaigns need additional tools
- Users find it challenging to integrate content from other platforms or tools
- Essentials: $6/month for one user and one channel
- Team: $12/month for unlimited users and one channel
- Agency: $120/month for unlimited users and ten channels
- Additional channels: $6-12/month
Buffer ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (980+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (1,420+ reviews)
Canva is like the digital paintbrush for those who may not be trained artists but possess a vision they wish to bring to life. This cloud-based design project management tool has revolutionized the way marketers approach visual content.
With a vast library of templates ranging from infographics to social media templates, the platform offers a canvas for every need. Its drag-and-drop interface, paired with a rich palette of fonts, images, and illustrations, ensures that creating compelling visuals is no longer the exclusive domain of professional designers.
Whether you’re a startup looking to create branding materials or an established brand wanting to maintain a consistent visual identity, Canva offers the tools to make it happen seamlessly.
Canva best features
- Offers templates for diverse marketing materials, from ads to social media posts
- Supports real-time collaboration with folders, schedules, and commenting tools
- Comes equipped with a video editor and animations for engaging content creation
- Some users experience glitches in the interface, such as misalignment or sporadic drag-and-drop functionality
- The quality of free templates may feel limiting, pushing users toward paid plans
- Pro: $119.99/year for one person
- Teams: $149.90/year for the first five people
Canva ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (4,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (11,300+ reviews)
With its visual-centric approach, Instagram requires a unique strategy, and Planoly is designed to help brands shine on this platform. Tailored for Instagram enthusiasts, Planoly is more than just a scheduling tool; it’s a visual planner.
The platform allows you to craft, curate, and visualize your Instagram grid in advance, ensuring every post aligns with your brand’s aesthetic. Its auto-publishing feature means your content goes live even when you’re offline.
Dive into analytics to gather insights on audience engagement and optimize your posting strategy. In a world where Instagram is a critical marketing channel, Planoly emerges as a crucial asset for success.
Planoly best features
- Supports useful “Link in Bio” functionality for Instagram
- Integrates a robust in-app TikTok video planner
- Facilitates cross-posting between platforms, like from TikTok to YouTube shorts
- Limited free trial period of just seven days
- The Starter Plan restricts the number of monthly uploads, which might be limiting for small agencies and businesses
- Starter: $13/month
- Growth: $23/month
- Professional: $43/month
Planoly ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (40+ reviews)
9. Sprout Social
If social media is a bustling market, Sprout Social is your skilled guide, helping you navigate, engage, and thrive. This all-encompassing platform integrates a trifecta of publishing, analytics, and engagement tools under one roof.
It breaks down the silos often found in social media management, offering a unified view of your brand’s digital presence. Collaboration features make team efforts seamless, ensuring synchronization of every response, post, and strategy.
The platform’s analytics dig deep, offering granular insights into campaign performance and audience behaviors. Sprout Social is not just about managing social media marketing but mastering it.
Sprout Social best features
- Features a smart inbox for efficient request handling
- Provides an asset library with dual-view for streamlined asset management
- Boasts rich analytics, social listening, and monitoring features
- Simplifies external collaboration
Sprout Social limitations
- The pricing structure can be steep for small-sized agencies
- Lacks grouping functionality for posts in the calendar
- Missing drag-and-drop functionality in the calendar
Sprout Social pricing
- Standard: $249/month
- Professional: $399/month
- Advanced: $499/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Sprout Social ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (2,360+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (550+ reviews)
Email remains a steadfast communication channel in the age of fleeting social media posts and transient digital interactions, and MailChimp stands as its champion.
Synonymous with email marketing, MailChimp offers an intuitive platform to design, dispatch, and decipher email campaigns. From sleek newsletter templates to automation workflows, it caters to both novices and seasoned email marketers.
The platform’s robust analytics shine a light on open rates, click-throughs, and subscriber behaviors, helping you refine and perfect your email strategy. With its ever-evolving suite of tools, including landing pages and ads, MailChimp ensures digital marketers have the resources to nurture and grow their audience consistently.
MailChimp best features
- Facilitates landing page creation and optimizes lead generation
- Streamlines email list building and campaign execution
- Incorporates social media management tools
- Can double as a customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Centralizes customer information, from contact details to purchase history, and supports customer grouping based on interests
- Users have to create their own templates
- The interface can feel clunky and unintuitive for some users
- May not be adequate for managing sales, support, or other customer interactions proactively
- Essentials: $13/month
- Standard: $20/month
- Premium: $350/month
MailChimp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (12,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (16,000+ reviews)
ClickUp, The Ultimate Digital Marketing Solution
In the evolving digital landscape, the right tools make all the difference. While many platforms offer niche functionalities, ClickUp emerges as a holistic solution tailored to the dynamic needs of marketing professionals. From meticulous planning and execution of marketing programs to the seamless integration of AI for content creation, ClickUp offers unparalleled features that set it apart.
Plus, in an era where collaboration determines the pace of progress, ClickUp’s intuitive features, like Docs and Whiteboards, ensure that every team member stays in sync from the inception of an idea to its launch. The transparency it provides translates to efficiency, reducing redundant workflows and bolstering productivity.
While other tools may excel in isolated domains, ClickUp offers an integrated ecosystem that understands the multifaceted demands of digital marketing. It’s not just about doing more but achieving more with less — and in that arena, ClickUp undoubtedly reigns supreme.