Are you still wasting time managing your contracted services with tedious paperwork and repetitive tasks?
If so, this is your sign to stop—there’s a better way to do this. 🙂
Today’s contractor management tools are flexible, intuitive, and powerful. They handle all of the heavy lifting for you, so you can run circles around your competition and get stuff done faster.
But how do you know you’re investing in the right software? That’s where we come in!
Use this list as your own personal guide to the 10 best contractor management software tools for 2023. We’ve done the work to bring you all of the information you need to make the best and most informed decision. We’ll break down key features, pricing, reviews, limitations, and more.
What Should You Look for in Contractor Management Software?
Like almost everything in the modern work environment, the right contractor management software makes all the difference. But let’s be real—you don’t want to spend hours sifting through dozens of options. You’re here because you want efficient HR software that makes your life easier.
Feel free to skip to the good stuff if you know what you need! But if you’re not sure, here are a few things to look for to find the right contractor management tools:
- CRM: Whether you’re looking for construction project management software or something for freelancers, CRM features make it so much easier to communicate with clients and keep track of their info
- Collaboration: Chances are good that you don’t work alone, so look for software that emphasizes real-time team communication and collaboration
- Accounting: Accounting features and bookkeeping templates are invaluable. Look for something that makes budgeting, payroll, invoicing, and billing easier
- Scheduling: Project scheduling features help you get a bird’s eye view of your team members’ responsibilities, organize their days, prioritize tasks, and track project progress
The 10 Best Contractor Management Software To Use in 2023
Let’s dive into the good stuff and compare the top 10 contractor management software to streamline your workdays.
Its people-oriented interface has the flexibility to serve large and small businesses alike. And has the functionality needed to oversee and communicate with specialty contractors, subcontractors, stakeholders, clients, and more. So it’s got your back whether you’re working with general contractors and on-site builds or freelancers and IT projects.
You can use ClickUp Project Time Tracking to budget your time, set estimates, view reports, and add notes from anywhere, anytime. You can also kickstart your processes in ClickUp with pre-built workflows, views, and more using one of its ready-made templates! We suggest the ClickUp Resource Management People template to match your available workforce to the right assignments for a streamlined contractor management system.
Additionally, project management outsourcing organizations can use ClickUp tools to oversee the implementation, invoicing, risk management, and financial metrics for each client. 🛠️
ClickUp best features:
- Choose from a library of 1,000+ templates—think project status report templates, engineering & project templates, contract templates, and more—to optimize your workflows
- Oversee every aspect of your business from one convenient dashboard thanks to integrations with 1,000+ popular tools, including QuickBooks, Slack, Toggl, Harvest, Outlook, Google Calendar, Microsoft Excel, and more
- Use ClickUp from any device with browser, desktop, and mobile app support for every operating system
- Easily customize project timelines, freelancer timesheets, third-party contractor work orders, notifications, and even onboarding experiences
- Its role-based AI feature, ClickUp AI, is only offered to Free Forever users as a free trial. But you can add it to any paid plan for as little as $5 per month
- Some users experience a slight learning curve while adjusting to so many powerful features
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
ClickUp ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,000+ reviews)
Worksuite is a project management software for freelancer management. It’s designed to manage a global workforce with customizable options to organize and grow your network.
This handy SaaS tool will help you automate onboarding, centralize workforce data, pay contractors, and minimize administrative work like spreadsheet management. It can even help you surface your top talent to speed up the contractor management process. 🤩
Worksuite best features:
- Optimize your freelance project management across all operating systems with cloud, SaaS, and mobile application functionality
- Get a top-down view of job costing for all your projects with currency conversions for international contractors
- Take the work out of document management with automated spreadsheets and administrative tasks
- Keep everything organized for the lifecycle of each project with customizable contract management solutions
- The interface feels dated and sometimes lacks proper functionality
- Uploading agreements and contracts manually can be difficult
- Essentials: $500/month
- Vision: $1,000/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Worksuite ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.5/5 (80+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (60+ reviews)
Rippling is a global workforce management platform that provides a unified dashboard for HR, IT, and finance needs. It unifies systems like expenses, benefits, and payroll, allowing you to manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
This powerful contractor management solution can help you implement security protocols required for contractor compliance standards and pull all necessary audit data in just a few clicks. Additionally, you can oversee project analytics, policies, workflow, and permissions using a simple employee graph for quick and easy workforce data.
Rippling best features:
- Bring everything together with hundreds of integrations with your existing tools like Brex, Nectar, Checkr, and Guideline, or get recommended software solutions from the app store
- Modern interface makes it easy for employees and contractors to navigate benefits plans, payroll, and more
- Quick and easy onboarding system allows you to customize the experience for new employees
- Keep your finances in check with budgeting and forecasting features for every employee, contractor, and freelancer 📚
- Detailed pricing information is not available without customized free quote services
- Lacks project management, CRM, or ERP functionality
- Custom Plan: Starts at $8/month
Rippling ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.8/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.9/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Deel is a cloud-based solution for HR and compliance management. It’ll help you hire, onboard, and pay full-time employees and independent contractors while providing a central view of your workplace in a single dashboard.
Managers, employees, contractors, and leaders can use Deel’s self-service interface to complete dozens of payroll and withdrawal tasks. And many of Deel’s key features are available on a free plan that’s useful for businesses with up to 200 employees. 🌻
Deel best features:
- Streamline your payroll for international employees and contractors with automated payment processing
- Reduce the workload for your HR department by allowing employees and contractors to log in and view their upcoming payments anytime
- Simplify the onboarding process for overseas employees and contractors to help them feel like a part of your global team
- Use Deel HR for free to automate HR admin and reporting for contractors and employees in a small business using a global HR system
- Deel is a cloud-based solution and isn’t available for use on Android, iOS, Windows, or Linux devices
- Lack of back-end customer support and difficulty scheduling calls with customer service representatives
- Deel HR: Free
- Contractors: $49/month
- EOR: $599/month
- Global Payroll: Contact for pricing
Deel ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.6/5 (700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (70+ reviews)
Lusha is a marketing intelligence and team management platform that makes recruitment and contracting easier for B2B companies. It also functions as a prospecting hub that uses sales intelligence to show companies likely to invest in your services. 🤩
As a recruiter and candidate sourcing tool, Lusha provides a pool of qualified candidates to make your hires less expensive and time-consuming. The software is designed to help you make hires faster with a streamlined integration, enrollment, and tracking process. And you can give it a try for free!
Lusha best features:
- Simplify your onboarding processes to create an easy setup experience without wasting anyone’s time
- Maintain a fresh database and enjoy automated updates for your CRM, streamlining your B2B operations
- Stay on top of evolving security and privacy regulations to avoid compliance issues from all sides
- Find the exact contractors and candidates you need without the work thanks to Lusha’s accurate contact database
- Lacks mobile application, Linux, and Chromebook support
- Free plan is limited to five credits per month and a single user, making it an impractical long-term solution for most businesses
- Free: $0/month for one user
- Pro: $39/month per user
- Premium: $69/month per user
- Scale: Contact for pricing
Lusha ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.3/5 (1,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.0/5 (300+ reviews)
Atlas provides contractor management software to help companies expand across borders to work with contractors worldwide. It eliminates the need for multiple third-party providers, making it easy to manage compliance and pay your global workforce from one platform. 🤩
Unlike many contractor management tools, Atlas can also help you obtain visa sponsorship and mobility for your employees and contractors. They’ll even help with relocation and housing for families, so your talent can focus on providing you with their best work without worrying about the little things.
Atlas best features:
- Get end-to-end visa sponsorship and mobility support for your talent and their families, including assistance with housing, office space, relocation, and more
- Manage your global workforce from a single platform and make payroll processing a snap regardless of location
- Make the onboarding process fast and keep it compliant based on the location of your talent with the help of local experts
- Get trustworthy HR expertise and legal insights for 160+ countries
- Pricey paid plans and no free version may make Atlas too expensive for small-to-medium sized businesses
- Slower response times from local HR and customer service representatives
- Employer of Record: $450/month per employee
- Visa & Mobility Sponsorship: $1,500/visa
Atlas ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.4/5 (5+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Avetta is a contractor management software designed to help clients and suppliers manage supply chain risk, safety, and sustainability. It also functions as a global network, providing tools for everything from cybersecurity to sustainability.
In addition to providing contractor management tools, Avetta connects you with a network of global contractors and subcontractors, making finding the talent you need easy.
Avetta best features:
- Make supply chain safety management less of a hassle by managing all contractors, workers, and job sites from a single platform
- Manage contractor and supplier relationships from the dashboard to make it easier to protect your workers (and your reputation)
- Transform your contracts into transparent, trusting relationships to forge meaningful connections with contractors and clients alike
- Increase the visibility of safety practices for all contractors to reduce the rate of safety-related incidents
- Pricing information is not available on Avetta’s website or popular review platforms
- Some difficulty connecting with and getting solutions from customer support
- Contact for pricing
Avetta ratings and reviews:
- G2: 2.9/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 1.8/5 (40+ reviews)
Remote is a global employment solution that makes it easy for companies to onboard contractors and employees from around the world. It’s designed to take the hassle out of taxes, payroll, benefits, and compliance in multiple countries, so you can focus on the things that matter. 🙌
Whether you need help managing benefits or distributing expense reimbursements, Remote can make it happen. And it’s designed for scalability, helping businesses expand and open branches in new countries.
Remote best features:
- Take the worry out of your taxes by allowing Remote to handle your tax calculation and process automatic tax payments
- Let automation simplify payroll entry, pre-tax deductions, payment approvals, expense reimbursements, direct deposits, and other admin tasks
- Use Remote via the web portal or mobile apps on most operating systems so you can manage your contractors from anywhere
- Make it easier for your contractors and employees to understand their benefits with the Remote benefits manager
- Some reviews mention a lack of clear information regarding payments in different countries and regions
- Customer service responses are not always timely
- Contractor Management: $29/month per contractor
- Employer of Record: $599/month per employee
- Global Payroll: Contact for pricing
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Remote ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.5/5 (600+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (40+ reviews)
Fiverr Enterprise (aka Fiverr Business) is a SaaS contractor management tool designed to streamline every aspect of your freelance workforce. It helps your teams work faster and accelerate business growth by handling all the little tasks of hiring contracted professionals.
For example, instead of paying multiple invoices every month, you’ll pay one straightforward monthly invoice to Fiverr that instantly pays individual invoices to each contractor or freelancer you worked with.
Fiverr best features:
- Make administration easier by eliminating the financial, routine, and legal tasks when working with independent contractors and freelancers
- Maintain complete visibility of the contractors your team works with to make projects and communication more efficient
- Manage legal docs, system access, and background checks from one platform
- Instantly process and pay invoices for freelancers in 190+ countries
- Percentage-based pricing structure can make monthly fees vary widely, which may be problematic for some small businesses
- Lacks offline and mobile application support
- Core: 3% fee/month
- Premium: 5% fee/month
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Fiverr ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (20+ reviews)
Plane is an international contractor management software that allows you to hire, onboard, and pay contractors in 240+ countries using a secure, cloud-based platform. It also allows you to manage benefits and compliance for contractors and employees, taking the tedium out of a global workforce.
Your international contractors and employees will thank you because Plane believes they deserve the same easy payroll experience that U.S. employees enjoy at no extra cost to you! Speaking of employees, Plane isn’t just for contractors—you can also hire and manage U.S. and international employees.
Plane best features:
- Ditch the markup fees and let Plane help you send payments to contractors in 240+ countries with optimal exchange rates
- Make life easier for your global contractors by letting Plane handle your payroll and send payments directly to their bank accounts without the withdrawal fees of an e-wallet
- Let your administrative team focus on the important stuff and use Plane to manage your tax withholdings and employment paperwork 📚
- Work with an expert team to decide whether you want to hire a new team member as a contractor or an employee
- The user interface and mobile app are not intuitive and can be difficult to use
- Limited customization features and personalized payroll preferences
- US Employees: $19/month per employee
- International Contractors: $39/month per contractor
- International Employees: $499/month per employee
Plane ratings and reviews:
- G2: 4.6/5 (400+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
You Deserve to Stay Ahead of the Game
These amazing software tools are building a better future for project managers and contractors. The sky’s the limit with these top-notch contractor management systems. All that’s left to do is pick the right one for you. ✨
Once you’ve automated time-consuming tasks and condensed everything you need into one easy-to-use platform, you’ll free up time for things you actually want to do. And you can use ClickUp to manage all your work and personal to-do lists and projects to make the most of that time, too!
Ready to supercharge your contractor management game? Head over to ClickUp and get started with our Free Forever plan to see what it’s all about, free of charge. 💸