Managing resources, especially people, can be a tricky business. It takes time and skill to assign tasks, track progress, and spot any potential bottlenecks in the process. But with the right template, you can do it all in one place!
ClickUp's Resource Management People Template helps you streamline your resource management process by:
- Organizing and tracking employees' workloads
- Identifying optimal resource utilization levels
- Visualizing project timelines to ensure deadlines are met
With ClickUp's fully-loaded people resource template, you'll have everything you need to effectively manage resources—all in one place!
Benefits of a Resource Management People Template
Resource management is an essential part of any business or organization. A resource management people template can help you:
- Organize and prioritize resources more efficiently, so you can ensure the best use of personnel
- Track and analyze personnel performance, so you can identify areas of improvement
- Identify the skills and experience needed for specific tasks or projects, which can help you find the right people for the job
- Make sure you have the right number of people with the right skills in the right places at the right time
Main Elements of a Resource Management People Template
ClickUp's Resource Management People Template is designed to help you keep track of resources and manage team workload. This List template includes:
- Custom Statuses: Mark tasks status such as Complete, In Progress, Reviewed, and To Review to easily visualize resource availability
- Custom Fields: Use 4 different custom attributes such as Capacity, Deployment Approval, Project Type, and Line Manager to save vital information about resources
- Custom Views: Open 5 different views in different ClickUp configurations, such as the Timeline, Review Status, Getting Started Guide, Team Workload, and Resources Views so that all the information is easy to access and organized
- Project Management: Improve resource management with time tracking capabilities, tagging, dependency warning, emails, and more
How to Use a Resource Management People Template
Managing people resources can be a challenge, but it doesn't have to be. By using the resource management people template in ClickUp, you can easily track and manage your team's resources. Here are five steps to help get you started:
1. Establish goals
Start by setting clear goals for your team and the resources needed to reach them. This will help you determine how to allocate resources and prioritize tasks.
Create Goals in ClickUp to help keep your team focused on the tasks that need to be done.
2. Identify available resources
Now, you need to figure out what resources are available and what tasks they can be used for. This includes people, technology, tools, and materials.
Use a Doc in ClickUp to list available resources and prioritize tasks.
3. Assign tasks
Once you have identified the resources available, you can start assigning tasks. Be sure to consider the skills, experience, and interests of each team member when assigning tasks.
Create tasks in ClickUp to assign tasks to team members and assign them deadlines.
4. Monitor progress
Monitoring progress is an important part of resource management. Use the Gantt chart view in ClickUp to get an overview of what tasks are being worked on and how close they are to completion.
5. Adjust accordingly
Things can change quickly, so you need to be prepared to adjust your resource management plan accordingly. Make sure to review your plan regularly and make adjustments as needed.
Use Automations in ClickUp to keep track of tasks and resources and alert you when adjustments are needed.
Get Started with ClickUp's Resource Management People Template
Human resources can use this Resource Management People Template to help everyone stay on the same page when it comes to managing personnel and allocating resources.
First, hit “Add Template” to sign up for ClickUp and add the template to your Workspace. Make sure you designate which Space or location in your Workspace you’d like this template applied.
Next, invite relevant members or guests to your Workspace to start collaborating.
Now you can take advantage of the full potential of this template to manage people's resources:
- Use the Timeline View to plan out when tasks should be completed
- The Review Status View will help you keep track of who needs to review tasks and when
- The Getting Started Guide View will provide new members with an overview of the team and their roles
- The Team Workload View will help you monitor each team member's workload and make sure they are not overworked
- The Resources View will give you a place to store and organize resources that are needed for tasks
- Organize tasks into four different statuses: Complete, In Progress, Reviewed, To Review, to keep track of progress
- Update statuses as you progress through tasks to keep team members informed of progress
- Monitor and analyze tasks to ensure maximum productivity