Are you gazing at the to-do list next to your Mac and wondering how you’ll get it all done?
It’s time to work smarter, not harder. If you are struggling to tackle those to-dos, you’ll want to explore some of the best productivity apps for your Mac. These productivity apps for Mac can help you get through your to-dos faster by keeping you organized, making your data safe, and turning your digital workspace into a multi-functioning paradise.
In 2024, try these ten best productivity apps for Mac if you want to get more done in less time this year.
What Should You Look For in Productivity Apps for Mac?
There are a lot of productivity apps for Mac out there that promise to help you get more done faster. But some well-known choices can often be more of a distraction than a productivity booster. The best productivity apps for Mac should be:
- Easy to use: The best productivity apps for Mac will become a natural part of your workflow. Look for intuitive tools and offer a clutter-free user interface
- A solution to the productivity problems you experience: Spending too much of your day on time tracking? Struggling with organized project management? Can’t remember all your passwords? There are productivity apps for Mac that can help with specific issues
- Compatible with your Mac ecosystem: Not all productivity apps will work on a Mac, and not all Mac apps are made for every Apple device. Make sure your chosen productivity apps are compatible
- Affordably priced: Some of the best productivity apps with a free version are available on macOS. Others may require a one-time fee or monthly subscription. Consider your budget and weigh the app’s benefits against its cost
- Highly rated and reviewed: The best Mac apps will have plenty of ratings and reviews to read through, giving you a chance to learn about the app and what you can expect from it
There are a lot of great Mac apps out there, but it might take a little time to find the best productivity apps for your specific workflow. Once you do, though, they can be game changers that are completely impossible to live without.
The 10 Best macOS Productivity Apps to Use in 2024
Ready to streamline workflows and reduce your admin time? Let’s start exploring the best Mac productivity apps.
ClickUp is an all-in-one project management tool that becomes a centralized hub for getting things done. It’s one of the few productivity apps for Mac where you can:
- Create, manage, and keep all your documents
- Track your time
- Collaborate with co-workers
- Plan your next sprint
You can use the same productivity app that you know and love for work to help you manage your personal productivity, complete with time tracking and task management. The free Personal Productivity Template is a great place to start, giving you space to set goals, create to-do lists, track your progress, and journal about all of it.
Now, ClickUp is helping you get even more done with ClickUp AI. The platform’s new AI tools can help you do everything from writing your emails to planning your next marketing campaign.
It can even automatically create tasks for you and your team. It’s like having a personal assistant by your side who can support every step of your productivity plan.
ClickUp best features
- All-in-one digital Workspace that eliminates context switching so you can stay in the zone and get more work done
- AI tools for Mac can help with everything from generating email content to summarizing your meeting notes or creating Tasks and to-do lists
- The user-friendly interface makes it easy to find the key features that will make you more productive
- Easily create custom workflows with lots of automation options for better workload management, thanks to integrations with many other apps and tools, like your favorite writing apps for Mac
- You can only access ClickUp AI tools on the paid plans, so you’ll need to pay for this productivity powerhouse
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI is available for purchase on all paid plans at the price of $5 per Workspace member and internal guest per month
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (9,200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (3,900+ reviews)
Alfred is one of the best productivity apps for Mac simply because of the sheer number of things it can help you do. With Alfred, you can use customizable keyboard shortcuts, or system commands to launch applications, search all your files, or execute recurring tasks.
It’s easy to use, highly customizable, and packed with key features that Mac users will love.
Alfred best features
- Alfred can index your Mac, then search files, folders, applications, and even the web to find exactly what you are looking for using natural language
- Create custom workflows and automate the tasks you do most often, like sending emails, managing your calendar, or even checking your word count
- The free app offers terrific productivity tools, but Mac users can unlock even more key features with the upgraded premium version
- There is a steep learning curve for new users, so be prepared to put in some time discovering all the tools available
- Powerpack Single License: £34
- Powerpack Meta Supporter: £59
Alfred ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.5/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 2.9/5 (10+ reviews)
Trello is a great Mac app for users who follow the Kanban project management style. The interface is super simple, allowing Mac users to move cards between lists and boards using drag-and-drop.
It’s also one of the more flexible productivity apps for Mac. You can use it for organizing projects or as a visual brainstorming app. Treat it like your personal digital planner.
Trello best features
- Cool collaborative features allow a Mac user to assign tasks, comment on cards, and easily share information with teams or the rest of your household
- Cross-platform capability means you can access the platform on the web as well as on Android and Mac devices
- The generous free plan is great for individuals and small teams. It offers all the key features you’ll want from the best productivity apps like this
- There is no in-app chat, which can limit collaboration if you need to work with a team
- Free for up to 10 boards per workspace
- Standard: $5 per user per month if billed annually
- Premium: $10 per user per month if billed annually
- Enterprise: $17.50 per user per month if billed annually
Trello ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (13,300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (23,000+ reviews)
Are you still writing your passwords on sticky notes? There are productivity apps for that. 1Password is a secure password management tool for Mac.
It helps you store, manage, and autofill your passwords across all your devices. 1Password will also automatically generate strong, unique passwords for your online accounts, so you can stop using the same password for everything.
1Password best features
- Securely stores your passwords, so your passwords are protected even if your Mac device is lost or stolen
- The password manager auto-fills your passwords on websites and apps on multiple devices
- Integrates with web browsers, email clients, and more so you can stop hunting for passwords when you need them most
- Integration into the browser is a bit clunky, so you’ll need to take multiple steps to bring up your password for websites
- There is no free plan, so you’ll have to pay for the convenience of forgetting your passwords
- Individual: $2.99 per month, billed annually
- Families: $4.99 per month, billed annually
- Teams Starter Pack: $19.95 per month
- Business: $7.99 per month, billed annually
1Password ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (1,300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (2,000+ reviews)
Evernote is one of the best productivity apps for note-taking. You can capture text, images, audio, handwritten notes, or even scan and keep business cards within the app. Tags and filters can help you find what you need in your notes later, too, so you aren’t searching for a specific snippet for hours.
Evernote best features
- Take notes at home, at work, and on the go on multiple devices, and everything syncs up seamlessly
- Use it to create tasks and to-do lists. You can even add due dates, reminders, and notes to keep you on track
- The powerful search bar allows you to search by keyword, tag, date, and more so you can find exactly what you need
- The free plan is limited to just 60MB of monthly uploads and 25MB maximum note size on two devices
- Personal: $14.99/month
- Professional: $17.99/month
Evernote ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (2,000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (8,100+ reviews)
Fantastical is a calendar and task management application for Mac. Known for its beautiful design and powerful features, it’s one of the best productivity apps for Mac if you want to keep your calendar more organized.
Fantastical best features
- Supports natural language input, so you can create events by speaking or typing naturally
- Automatically create reminders for events and tasks so nothing gets missed
- Integrates with other apps like your email client or project management platform so you can automatically update events and tasks
- You’ll need to pay for a premium plan to get the most out of the app, but many of the premium features are found for free in other apps
- For individuals: $4.75 per month, billed annually
- For families up to 5: $7.50 per month, billed annually
- For teams: $4.75 per user per month, billed annually
Fantastical ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (15+ reviews)
7. Google Workspace
Google Workspace is a full suite of productivity apps for Mac, including Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet, and Drive. The cloud-based apps store your info on Google’s servers, so you can access information anywhere you have an internet connection.
It’s a productivity app that can help you stay organized, collaborate with others, and get more done. This is one of the best productivity apps if you are used to working in the Google ecosystem.
Google Workspace best features
- Designed for collaboration, Google Workspace makes it possible to work with others on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Secure and reliable, Google Workspace offers data encryption and robust security features
- Integrates with other Google products, including Drive and Photos, making it easy to access and organize data across the Google products
Google Workspace limitations
- There is no all-in-one app, so you must download each Google client (Gmail, Calendar, etc.) to your devices separately
Google Workspace pricing
- Business Starter: $6 per user per month with a one-year commitment
- Business Standard: $12 per user per month with a one-year commitment
- Business Plus: $18 per user per month with a one-year commitment
- Enterprise: Contact for custom pricing information
Google Workspace ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (42,400+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (15,200+ reviews)
MindNode is a visual brainstorming and note-taking app, and it’s one of the best productivity apps for non-linear thinkers. You can use the app to brainstorm ideas, plan projects, or take notes openly, flexibly, and creatively.
Add topics, subtopics, and branching ideas. Then, rearrange things by dragging and dropping objects in the easy-to-navigate user interface.
MindNode best features
- Use the Mac tool on your own or collaborate with others, turning the note-taking app into a great app for brainstorming with colleagues, clients, or friends
- Integrates with other productivity apps for Mac, including Evernote and Dropbox, so that you can access and share your mind maps with others
- Search and filter your mind maps to find the information you need quickly
- There aren’t many ways to collaborate, so be prepared to use this one on your own
- MindNode Plus: $2.99/month or $19.99/year
MindNode ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (30+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (15+ reviews)
Magnet is a powerful window management tool for Mac that allows you to organize and reconfigure the open windows on your screen.
Quickly and easily snap multiple windows to different areas of your screen, organizing them or keeping them out of other tasks. It’s great for improving your focus or streamlining your workflow.
Magnet best features
- Create customizable layouts for specific tasks or projects
- Use keyboard shortcuts to snap and rearrange open windows on the screen quickly
- Use trackpad gestures to swipe between windows, snap windows to different areas, or change your layout
- Doesn’t work with all applications
- Some users may find the resizing isn’t small enough on smaller screens
Magnet ratings and reviews
- No reviews available
Backblaze is a cloud backup service that automatically backs up your files to the cloud. It’s one of the best productivity apps for Mac because it protects your files from hardware failures, malware attacks, and accidental deletion. You’ll never lose time to lost files again.
Backblaze best features
- Robust encryption and data redundancy safeguard your files, storing your data in multiple data centers worldwide so you always have access when you need it
- Continuously monitors your Mac and automatically backs up new files
- The intuitive, simple interface gives easy access to key features, including setting up, managing, and monitoring your backups
- Deleted files are only kept for 30 days, so you won’t be able to restore anything older than that
- Notifications are non-existent or easy to miss, so you’ll need to check the app to get updated status messages
- $9 per computer per month
- $99 per computer per year
- $189 per computer every two years
Backblaze ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (110+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (130+ reviews)
Supercharge Your Productivity With ClickUp
The best productivity apps for Mac will enhance your workflow, whether for work or for getting more done in your personal life. Find a task manager, project management tool, secure password manager, and more to help you meet your productivity goals. You’ll save time and get more done with these top productivity apps.
ClickUp is ready to help. Sign up for this all-in-one productivity platform and experience the power of working in a unified Workspace.
Say goodbye to juggling multiple tools and hello to a seamless, productive workflow. Start a free ClickUp Workspace today!