Lattice, the popular talent-management platform, is a well-respected HR software. However, its cost, features, ease of use, and data-focused approach aren’t necessarily the best fit for all HR teams.
In this piece, we’ll help you check out 10 of the best Lattice alternatives to help you better manage employee performance in 2023.
What Is Lattice? What Is Performance Management?
Lattice is a popular HR software designed to improve employee performance, engagement, and satisfaction with user-friendly tools and features that allow HR teams to:
- Conduct performance reviews
- Set and track goals
- Apply human resources objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Gather feedback
- Recognize employee achievements
- Conduct team surveys
- Review performance and feedback analytics
Think of performance management as the way companies help their employees do their best work. It’s not just about that once-a-year chat where you get feedback on how you’ve done. It’s an ongoing conversation.
Performance management is all about helping everyone do their best and grow in their roles. It’s a two-way street, benefiting both the employee and the company.
What to look for in a Lattice alternative
While Lattice is an excellent performance management platform, it may not be the perfect fit for everyone.
When shopping around for Lattice alternatives, keep the following in mind:
- Is the platform user-friendly, and how long will it take to learn to use it proficiently?
- Is it flexible enough to meet the needs of your HR department?
- Is it customizable?
- Does it provide user-friendly analytics?
- Can it integrate with your other HR systems?
- Is the security strong enough to protect your confidential employee records?
10 Best Lattice Alternatives in 2023
Here are 10 fantastic options for employee performance management software when you’re looking to switch to a Lattice alternative.
ClickUp is a comprehensive project management software with a large selection tools and features to help HR teams develop better performance management.
ClickUp Project Management Platform provides templates like the ClickUp Employee Development Plan Template that can be used to track employee development goals and progress or the ClickUp HR and Recruiting Template to manage all phases of your hiring process.
In fact, ClickUp has a whole suite of human resources tools to help organizations manage their HR processes more efficiently and effectively.
Additionally, ClickUp automations can help HR teams save a significant amount of time while improving efficiency by automating tasks like:
- Sending out reminders for upcoming events or deadlines
- Generating reports on employee performance
- Scheduling interviews
- Onboarding new employees
- Processing payroll
- Managing leave and time off requests
By automating these tasks, HR teams can save time and make room for other things, including more strategic initiatives.
Overall, ClickUp is a powerful performance management solution that can be used to significantly improve your employee performance management process.
The platform’s wide range of features and resources make it a good Lattice alternative for nearly any size company.
ClickUp best features
- Great AI tools to help write better letters, evaluations, emails, and more
- Excellent customization options for tailoring the platform to your team’s needs
- Easy setup of automations to streamline and automate repetitive tasks
- ClickUp Dashboards are customizable workspaces that can be used to track, visualize, and share data
- ClickUp Docs are a cloud-based document collaboration tool that allows teams to create, generate, edit, and share documents in real time
- Steep learning curve due to the comprehensive options available
- Program may run slow at times because it is processing so much information
- Free Forever
- Unlimited: $7/month per user
- Business: $12/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
- ClickUp AI: $5 addon to any paid plan
ClickUp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.7/5 (8,566+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (3,796+ reviews)
BambooHR is known for its user-friendly interface and customizable features. It’s especially favored by companies looking for an intuitive HR platform that can grow with them as their HR needs evolve.
This solution is designed primarily for small- to medium-sized businesses. It provides HR professionals with tools to perform a variety of tasks more efficiently and to manage various HR activities centrally.
It also integrates flawlessly with many different payroll systems—a major benefit for HR pros suffering from jumping between too many software programs.
BambooHR best features
- Well-organized and intuitive interface
- Very affordable HR software platform, especially when compared to other leading brands
- Many users praise its customer service, including its 24/7 phone and email support
- Compared to some other platforms, its integrations may seem limited
- Does not offer a native benefits management solution
- Limited customization profiles, for example, gender and pronouns
- Essentials: Contact for pricing
- Advantage: Contact for pricing
BambooHR ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.4/5 (1,560+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (2,573+ reviews)
If you’re on the hunt for a tool that supports a thriving workplace, give Leapsome a look!
The cloud-based employee development platform not only assists in setting up performance reviews and OKRs but also in scheduling one-on-one meetings and sending out employee surveys.
It also facilitates more productive one-on-one meetings between employees and managers with guided agenda setting and integrated talking points.
Leapsome best features
- Performance reviews and 360-degree performance review process allow input from multiple sources
- Once trained, users find the platform easy to use
- Highly rated by reviewers across G2 and Capterra
- May come with a learning curve due to the complexity of the platform
- Fewer customization options than what some HR leaders look for
- Contact for pricing
Leapsome ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.8/5 (1,280+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (58+ reviews)
Betterworks is a performance management platform that strives to help teams improve upon employee engagement while boosting efficiency and impact at the managerial level.
It’s a lightweight solution for businesses of any size looking to continuously track employee performance and engagement in order to increase retention.
Betterworks provides tools to help HR teams generate and track process like check-ins, employee recognition, feedback, and employee engagement
Betterworks best features
- Excellent goal-tracking features
- Provides a wide variety of features
- Reviewers love its user-friendly interface
- Limited customizations for survey participants
- May be difficult to get the whole HR team to use it in a consistent way
- Can be buggy and slow at times
- Contact for pricing
Betterworks ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (187+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.9/5 (19+ reviews)
Performance management platform 15Five helps HR teams achieve their goals through regular check-ins, feedback, and goal setting. Reviewers rave about its ability to foster growth and communication in the workplace.
15Five best features
- Encourages teams to have regular check-ins where they discuss their goals and progress
- Makes it easy for team members to give and receive feedback, both formally and informally
- Helps teams set and track goals, as well as OKRs
- Can be a complex platform to use
- Not as customizable as some of its competitors
- No help ticket escalation options in case of emergency
- Engage: $4/month per user
- Perform: $10/month per user
- Total Platform: $16/month per user
- Transform: Contact for pricing
15Five ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (1,759+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (881+ reviews)
Workday helps HR teams manage all stages of employee experience, including recruitment, management, and payroll.
Its AI and machine learning-powered platform helps increase efficiency and engagement at every stage of the employee lifecycle.
Whether you’re gathering employee feedback, viewing augmented analytics, using automations to reduce your workload, or creating compensation plans, Workday’s goal is to make every step of the journey a success.
Workday best features
- Easy navigation with a user-friendly interface
- Cloud-based, access from anywhere
- Capable of supporting small and large business
- Has a reputation as one of the most expensive HR management systems on the market
- Complex system can sometimes be time-consuming when making back changes, finding certain documents, and generating documents
- Its configurations may put a heavy burden on system administrators
- Contact for pricing
Workday ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.0/5 (1,264+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (1,260+ reviews)
If you’re an SMB HR manager, you may want to check out performance management software Reflektive. Its platform focuses on employee feedback, accountability, and coaching.
Reflektive makes it easy for team members to share feedback and helps teams set and track goals, as well as OKRs.
Teams can recognize each other for their achievements and keep an eye on internal analytics about their performance.
Reflektive also offers a variety of other features, including surveys and coaching tools.
Reflektive best features
- Performs well and is continually growing
- Makes it easier for employees to recognize each other’s accomplishments
- HR personnel love how it streamlines performance management
- Some users find the workflow difficult to use
- Reviewers complain about its Outlook integration
- Limited prepopulated templates
- Contact for pricing
Reflektive ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.2/5 (429+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (20+ reviews)
Profit.co is an OKR software platform that helps teams set, track, and achieve their goals.
Users can set, track, and manage their Objectives and Key Results at different levels of the organization, from company-wide down to individual team members. The platform offers features for team collaboration, such as check-ins, updates, and feedback mechanisms.
One of the major benefits of OKRs is their ability to align teams. Profit.co emphasizes this with features that let everyone see how their objectives fit into the bigger picture.
To help teams get started, Profit.co provides industry-specific OKR templates.
Profit.co best features
- Easy onboarding and intuitive user interface
- Free version provides a robust, feature-rich experience
- Does an excellent job managing objectives and OKRs
- May feel overcomplicated in the beginning
- Requires a bit of training due to the overwhelming amount of features and options
- Launch: Free
- Growth: $7/month per user
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
Profit.co ratings and reviews
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (164+ reviews)
Employee engagement platform OfficeVibe by Workleap helps teams build a positive and productive work environment.
The employee experience platform offers a nice selection of tools and features to help your HR team increase the positivity and productivity of your work environment.
With OfficeVibe, you can send regular pulse surveys to employees to gauge their satisfaction with the work environment. The software also allows employees to easily give and receive feedback, both formally and informally
Teams have the option recognize each other for their achievements, and HR managers have the internal analytics they need to track employee engagement.
OfficeVibe is used by teams of all sizes, from small startups to large enterprises.
OfficeVibe best features
- Quick, efficient, and well-loved customer service team
- Rarely need to contact support
- More affordable than similar programs
- Limited customizations and analytics
- Slack integration may be challenging
- Some users say there is a difficult initial setup for staff emails
- Essential: $3.50/month per user
- Pro: $5/month per user
OfficeVibe ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.3/5 (700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (51+ reviews)
10. Culture Amp
Culture Amp offers a platform focusing on employee feedback and analytics. Based on the feedback collected, the platform offers actionable insights and recommendations to address areas of concern.
The platform is designed to help companies understand, measure, and improve employee engagement, experience, and effectiveness. By doing so, organizations can create a better work culture and drive positive business outcomes.
Culture Amp can integrate with other HR and productivity tools, making it easier to embed its functionalities into existing workflows.
Companies can even compare their results with industry benchmarks to understand where they stand relative to their peers.
Culture Amp best features
- Well-considered, clean UI
- Outstanding ability to seamlessly track evaluations, reflections
- More comprehensive tracking abilities than many of its competitors
Culture Amp limitations
- Limited exporting features for performance records
- Reporting filters could use improvement
- Lacking customizable settings for notifications
Culture Amp pricing
- Engage: Contact for pricing
- Perform: Contact for pricing
- Develop: Contact for pricing
Culture Amp ratings and reviews
- G2: 4.6/5 (677+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (106+ reviews)
Better Performance Management For HR Teams In 2023
In this article, we discussed the 10 best Lattice alternatives for better performance management in 2023. These alternatives offer a wide range of pricing, features, and tools, and you’re sure to find one that fits your company’s needs perfectly!
Are you looking for a powerful HR platform to help improve team performance? Try ClickUp!
ClickUp provides HR teams with the features, tools, and templates you need to set goals, track progress, and provide feedback, all in one place. Plus, it’s easy to use and affordable.
Sign up for a free trial of ClickUp today and see how it can help you improve your team’s performance!