Starting a new job can be stressful. What exactly are you supposed to be doing? Who can you ask for help? And how do you know if you’re meeting expectations? 👀
The more clarity and guidance a new employee has, the more likely they are to be able to hit the ground running and start contributing to the business as soon as possible. That’s where a 30-60-90-day plan template is worth its weight in gold, both for new hires and hiring managers. ✨
- What Is a 30-60-90-Day Plan Template?
- What Makes a Good Free 30-60-90-Day Plan Template?
- 10 Free 30-60-90-Day Plan Templates to Use in 2024
- 1. ClickUp 30-60-90-Day Plan Template
- 2. ClickUp Daily Goal Template
- 3. ClickUp Employee Onboarding Template
- 4. ClickUp SMART Goal Action Plan Template
- 5. ClickUp Employee Action Plan Template
- 6. ClickUp Action Plan Template
- 7. ClickUp SMART Goals Template
- 8. PowerPoint Simple 30-60-90-Day Template by SlideModel
- 9. PowerPoint 30-60-90-Day Plan PowerPoint Template by SlideHunter
- 10. Google Docs 30-60-90-Day Plan for New Managers Template by Sample.net
- 30-60-90-Day Plan Examples
What Is a 30-60-90-Day Plan Template?
A 30-60-90-day plan template describes all the tasks to be done in the next three months, complete with objectives and goals, with milestones at 30, 60, and 90 days. 🛠️
A 30-60-90-day plan template can be used by hiring managers to help oversee new staff members or by the new hires themselves. But these kinds of templates aren’t restricted to new employees—in fact, a 30-60-90-day plan template can be used by anyone who needs a project plan with clear milestones.
In the context of the hiring process, these serve as goal-setting templates to support new hires so they can quickly acclimatize to their work environment and their new company culture. A 30-60-90-day plan template can help them understand the scope of work of their new role.
This kind of template can also help new hires learn how to prioritize tasks and gain knowledge about who the key stakeholders are in the project management structure so they can start to build relationships. With clear expectations in place, new employees know exactly what to do from the get-go, reducing stress and overwhelm, promoting self-discipline, and setting them up for success.
For hiring managers, a 30-60-90-day plan template helps them empower new staff during the onboarding process. It ensures new hires are working on the right tasks in alignment with the company’s goals. And it serves as an employee monitoring tool, too, which is very useful when preparing performance evaluations.
In a wider context, project managers and entrepreneurs can also use a 30-60-90-day plan template as a strategic planning tool to help them prioritize projects, create a scope of work, set measurable key goals, and track the progress of their new initiatives. 📚
What Makes a Good Free 30-60-90-Day Plan Template?
A good 30-60-90-day plan template is editable and helps to streamline tasks and optimize productivity in alignment with a business plan. The template:
- States the company’s mission and how the new team member’s role contributes to that
- Breaks long-term goals down into short-term ones that can be achieved in the next 30, 60, and 90 days
- Ensures that all goals are SMART goals—that is, specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound
- Makes priorities clear so employees can deal with urgent and important tasks first
- Specifies key metrics that serve as performance indicators, making the deliverables of the new job measurable
- Names key stakeholders and clarifies what their roles are
- Lists resources that new employees can turn to for support
In a sentence, it provides very clear expectations, making it easy for the new employee—or the project manager or entrepreneur using the 30-60-90-day plan template—to meet them. 🤩
10 Free 30-60-90-Day Plan Templates to Use in 2024
The good news is that you don’t have to start from scratch when you’re putting together your 30-60-90-day plan. There are plenty of free templates available online, each of which has a slightly different focus.
Choose your free 30-60-90-day plan template based on your goals and how much detail you want to include.
Can’t decide which one works best for you? Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Here’s our rundown of the best free 30-60-90-day plan templates out there. ✨
1. ClickUp 30-60-90-Day Plan Template
The ClickUp 30-60-90-Day Plan Template is a boon for hiring managers. It helps create a structure for onboarding new hires so they’re up to speed within the first three months.
The Onboarding Plan provides a roadmap for them to follow, breaking down specific goals into tasks that they will accomplish in their first month, their second month, and their third month. Meanwhile, the Onboarding Board displays friendly reminders of what they’re aiming to achieve. And with custom fields that specify the Onboarding Stage and Who’s in Charge of each task, new staff members will feel supported from their very first day.
The template also includes a calendar to help schedule all those onboarding tasks, and a chat feature so workers can connect to their new team members and quickly reach out for help when they need it.
And for a quick overview of all the new hire’s tasks, four colored tabs show tasks that are complete, in progress, still left to do, and on pause while waiting for input from someone else. 📚
2. ClickUp Daily Goal Template
Much like a 30-60-90-day plan template, this beginner-friendly ClickUp Daily Goal Template helps you and your new hire plot their objectives for the next 30, 60, or 90 days—or however long you want—and then set tasks to help them accomplish them.
These objectives could be professional performance goals or personal goals. Along the way, the template reminds you to check that the goals are SMART—specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound (in other words, they have a target date for completion).
The tasks appear in Daily Notes. For each note, you can add attachments and specify a note type, for example, whether it’s a Task, a Reflection, an Idea, or a Gratitude.
You can also step back to see the bigger picture in the full Notes List. Colored status icons give you a quick understanding of which tasks have been completed, which have been reviewed by other stakeholders, and which are still to do, so you can support your new team member as they move toward their goals.
3. ClickUp Employee Onboarding Template
The ClickUp Employee Onboarding Template gets your whole team on the same page when you have a new joiner. Furthermore, it keeps everyone aligned with team goals during the onboarding process.
This kind of template will clearly lay out the new hire’s job description, including the mission and vision for the role and the key responsibilities of this new position. Onboarding objectives for the chosen time frame are listed, along with key upcoming tasks.
A custom field lets you specify which tasks need to happen during each week of onboarding, while ClickApps help you set priorities, estimate time frames, list multiple assignees where necessary, and highlight any dependencies related to tasks.
Colored tabs make it easy to see which tasks are completed, which are in progress, and which are still left to do. New employees can also flag work that is ready for review or where they need help. 👀
4. ClickUp SMART Goal Action Plan Template
ClickUp’s SMART Goal Action Plan Template helps you set goals with your new employee and then helps them follow through on their objectives.
Custom fields allow you to specify the task type, set priorities, and list any obstacles that might get in the way of your performance goals.
The timeline gives you an overview of the whole project, while colored status fields show you whether a task is in the planning stage, ready to go but not yet started, in the process of being executed, completed, or at the evaluation stage.
You can also see how healthy a goal is looking—whether it’s currently on time and within budget—and track the task completion rate.
5. ClickUp Employee Action Plan Template
Support your team in their professional development with the ClickUp Employee Action Plan Template.
As a type of employee monitoring tool, this simple template can be used by team managers or human resources specialists to help team members set learning goals and create an action plan for their career development.
The Incident Report, Findings, and Indications of Progress sections are useful to log information about an employee’s performance or behavior in advance of a performance review with direct reports. There’s also a section for corrective initiatives that can be used to set realistic goals and measure success as the basis of a performance improvement plan. 🛠️
6. ClickUp Action Plan Template
Another type of 30-60-90 day-plan template, the ClickUp Action Plan Template, is a whiteboard-like template that helps you set goals and manage your projects, whether that’s an employee onboarding process, a sales plan, a marketing plan, or your social media publishing schedule.
Add a sticky note for each task and move tasks among the To Do, Doing, and Done sections as your new hire works through them.
Each category is divided into sections to make it clear whether the task is for daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly review. Additionally, you can zoom in or out, depending on whether you want a big-picture or a task-focused view.
7. ClickUp SMART Goals Template
You can use the ClickUp SMART Goals Template as a 30-60-90-day plan template or set your own time frame, for example, a whole year.
Keeping goals specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound increases the chances that your new hire will achieve them, especially if you’re using a template like this to organize them together.
Custom fields help answer important questions like why you’re setting this particular goal right now, whether your new staff member has the skills required to achieve it, who needs to be included, and whether it’s aligned with your team’s and your company’s overall objectives.
To keep your new hire motivated, colored status indicators tell them whether they’re off track, on track, or totally crushing it. 🤩
8. PowerPoint Simple 30-60-90-Day Template by SlideModel
This simple 30-60-90-day PowerPoint Template is designed to assess a candidate’s suitability for a job during the final job interview stages. It allows candidates to demonstrate their understanding of their potential role description and their ability to prioritize, and also indicates their interpersonal skills and their passion for the job.
Presented in an infographic format, the first PowerPoint slide uses ClipArt icons, while the second one allows the user to create a process flow diagram with arrows. Each slide has three sections so the candidate can list their goals for 30-, 60-, and 90-day time frames.
The default color scheme for this free 30-60-90-day plan template for PowerPoint is pink and blue, but that can be changed and customized to the user’s preference.
9. PowerPoint 30-60-90-Day Plan PowerPoint Template by SlideHunter
As another free 30-60-90-day-plan template for PowerPoint, this is a strategic tool designed to present 30-, 60-, and 90-day objectives and goals to an audience.
It can be used as part of the hiring process to evaluate the strategic planning and prioritization skills of candidates or to outline the goals and action steps of the potential new hire for your stakeholders.
You have a choice of three different designs with varying background colors, and although it’s designed as a PowerPoint presentation, it can also be used for a hard-copy paper presentation. 📚
Designed for new managers, this free 30-60-90-day plan template helps you create an action plan for onboarding a new team member. From creating a focus on learning in the first month to practicing and beginning to contribute in the second month, and finally applying what has been learned in the third month, these templates walk you through the process.
You can set priorities, create SMART goals and objectives in different categories, and set up metrics to track progress throughout.
With more than 73 sample plans, there’s bound to be a template that works for you. Choose from multiple formats such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs including Google Slides, and Apple Pages.
30-60-90-Day Plan Examples
Now that you have access to all these templates, let’s take a look at some examples of how they can be used in different scenarios and industries.
30-60-90-Day Plan for a Sales Representative
First 30 Days:
- Understanding the Product and Market (Week 1-2): Dive deep into understanding the product or service you will be selling. Familiarize yourself with the unique selling points, user benefits, and competitors. Engage in training sessions, product demos, and competitor analysis.
- Getting to Know the Customers (Week 3-4): Start engaging with potential customers to understand their needs and problems. Engage in introductory calls and meetings to build relationships.
Next 30 Days (30-60 Days):
- Sales Strategy Formulation (Week 5-6): Develop a personalized sales strategy based on the product knowledge and customer insights collected. This strategy should outline your sales targets, the tactics you will use to reach them, and the timeline for achieving your goals.
- Initiating Sales (Week 7-8): Start implementing your sales strategy. Begin with initial sales efforts, follow-ups, and negotiations.
Final 30 Days (60-90 Days):
- Sales Process Optimization (Week 9-10): Gather sales data, analyze your performance, and identify areas of improvement. Optimize your sales process based on the data-driven insights.
- Sales Targets Achievement (Week 11-12): By the end of the 90 days, you should be in a position to achieve your preliminary sales targets. Continue to optimize your sales process and strategy for better results.
30-60-90-Day Plan for New Team Members
First 30 Days:
- Understanding Company Culture and Processes (Week 1-2): Take the time to understand the company’s values, culture, and processes. Attend orientation sessions and meet with team members to get a better understanding of your role within the organization.
- Getting to Know Your Team (Week 3-4): Build relationships with your team members and managers. Schedule one-on-one meetings to get to know their roles, responsibilities, and expectations.
Next 30 Days (30-60 Days):
- Learning the Job Requirements (Week 5-6): Deep dive into understanding your job role and responsibilities. Review any training materials or manuals provided by the company. Meet with your manager to discuss any questions or concerns.
- Contributing to Projects (Week 7-8): Begin actively participating in team projects. Offer your insights and suggestions, and take on tasks that align with your skills and interests.
Final 30 Days (60-90 Days):
- Taking on New Responsibilities (Week 9-10): With a better understanding of your role, take on new responsibilities and tasks. This will help you further develop your skills and contribute to the team.
- Reviewing Progress (Week 11-12): Schedule a meeting with your manager to review your progress and discuss any areas for improvement or development. Take feedback into account and continue to work towards excelling in your role.
A Free 30-60-90-Day Plan Template Is the Key to Onboarding Success
New hires need a lot of support during their first three months on the job as they learn what they need to do and adjust to the culture of their new company. Make the process much easier for everyone involved—the new employee, other team members, and their manager—by putting a clear plan in place.
A free 30-60-90-day plan template helps you clarify objectives, set SMART goals, create tasks, and track the whole process. It also keeps your onboarding strategy aligned with company and team goals, while empowering and supporting your new hire through those tricky first 90 days. 🙌
Decide exactly what you’re looking for in a 30-60-90-day plan template, then choose from the free options available online.
For maximum versatility in your strategic planning and project management, it’s hard to beat ClickUp.
ClickUp offers a wide range of templates for every business process, including onboarding your new employee. It’s a one-stop shop that helps you improve planning, productivity, and teamwork—and take your business to a whole new level. 🤩